/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israeli High School hit for the third time in two weeks by Hezbollah rockets

מדינת ישׂראל
08-09-2006, 03:53 AM
KIRYAT SHEMONA, Israel — For the firefighters of the Kiryat Shemona Brigade in northern Israel, it has been an uncommonly dull day. Some shoot hoops in the parking lot, while others lounge in the office of Fire Chief Shimon Dadon, drinking coffee and watching a kung fu film.

Ethan Rozner, an Israeli Defense Forces reservist assigned to the fire team, sits in a doorway smoking a cigarette next to a scrawny but affectionate mutt the guys at the station house have nicknamed "Katyusha."

They believe it was abandoned by its owners, who likely fled south. An estimated 80 percent of Kiryat Shemona's population left the town once Hezbollah's Katyusha rockets starting falling on the neighborhood.

There is a background soundtrack to this setting. It is the continuous deep crack and whhuuump of outgoing artillery that, by my count, seems to be firing at a rate of one every 30 seconds or so.

At a few minutes to 4 p.m., one of the engine commanders, David Mamone, says we need to get ready to go inside and take cover. Time for the Katyushas.

They are not so regular that the station house can plan around them like some predictable Five O'Clock Charlie dropping a bomb with stubborn and onerous punctuality.

Mamone says the attacks come at any time, morning or night. But the fire department, he says, is privy to military intelligence and some insight into Hezbollah's patterns. This is one of them. At 4 p.m. the town's air raid sirens go off. All of us pack under the cover of the station house.

Off into the distance, due north, a Katyusha pinpricks the hillside, sending up a cloud of gray smoke but little else. Almost immediately, a single engine Piper is circling over the site. The Israeli Fire Department has hired a fleet of them, originally crop dusters, but now retrofitted to spray fire-retardant chemicals on the dry brush often ignited by the rockets' impact.

The planes patrol at will and with little fear, since Hezbollah doesn't have an air force. (An IDF spokesperson says Hezbollah did launch an unmanned spy plane Monday, which Israel claims to have quickly shot down just as it entered Israeli airspace.)

At 5 p.m. the air raid sirens go off again and Engine No. 11 rolls out on a call. This time the impact of a rockets is more than just a pinprick. It has landed in a courtyard at Danciger High School, smashing a small retaining wall and creating a six-inch impact crater in the concrete.

But that's not all. The rocket fragments have bounced up, poked the walls of the school's gymnasium and left some broken windows. Red-hot metal has ignited the kitchen section of the building where snacks were prepared. Black smoke is billowing out of the upper windows.

The door to the kitchen is padlocked and one of the firefighters rips into it with an electric saw.

"Water, water," yells another firefighter, running a hose line from the engine to the burning gymnasium.

Within minutes they are spraying the interior of the kitchen, where the walls are already charred.

Because it's summer break and because of the fighting with Hezbollah, the school building was empty. But, if the attack had been at a different time in the day, the outcome come have been much worse.

With the fighting in northern Israel, the school has been turned into a kind of community center for the city, where food supplies and psychological counseling are handed out to local residents. Principal Amir Goldstein says people are in and out of the campus on a daily basis.

He says in the last two weeks the school has been hit three times, including the latest attack.

"I'm very sad about it," he says. "Here it is Aug. 6 and we're scheduled to reopen for classes on Sept. 1. With teachers and students and all of our programs, we're not sure we're going to be able to open the school year like we wanted."

When the fire is out Dadon inspects the impact crater and the damage that was done, but almost as quickly as they arrived the engine team rolls up its hoses, packs its gear and heads back to the station.

Another engine from the same brigade will be called out almost exactly one hour from the time this call was made. They will respond to another rocket attack, this one hitting a nearby school, shearing a hole through a building wall and igniting a grass fire with its exploding debris.

And an hour after that, there will be another call, this one to an Israeli missile battery that has caught fire because of a malfunction.

This is how the evening progresses. In fact, this is what it's like most days and nights for Israeli firefighters all over the north.

A Firefighter and school principal talk about what the Katyusha attack means for the school» View

"We're at 150 percent of our usual capacity," says Moshe Mosko, national spokesman for the Israeli firefighters' union. "I'm not worried about our guys. They can keep this up, but I am worried about the budget."

Mosko says since Israeli firefighters get paid from a complex mix of three different sources: the union, the federal government and the municipality. The chaos of the war has delayed some of those municipal payments. He says some firefighters haven't been paid in a month.

But that financial hardship is easier to bear, some firemen say, than the burden of seeing so many people hurt and killed during this war.

One firefighter says he talked with a friend who responded to the rocket attack that killed 12 Israeli reserve soldiers Sunday. "The bodies were in pieces everywhere," he says his friend told him.

And for some it's not just the sight of Israeli victims that causes anguish. Yigal Ben-Abu has been a firefighter for 15 years in northern Israeli city of Karmiel. He says he was moved to tears when he saw a picture of one of the children killed during the Israeli air strike on the Lebanese village of Qana. I show him some of the pictures I took from the aftermath of that attack, now stored on my computer.

"I'm telling you, I hate the sight of that," he says. "It's a horrible thing, but Hezbolllah has to stop hiding behind women and children. They are using them as human shields."

Closer to the more hectic Lebanese border area, few of the firefighters of Kiryat Shemona have the energy to talk much about the causes and effects of the war.

Serenaded by incessant thunder of outgoing artillery, they simply wait for the next barrage of rockets to fall. After the explosions, the firefighters will do the only thing they can do — contain the destruction until both sides stop firing.

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs8234

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
08-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Nice little diary account......That's what it sounds like to me.....

Written by an angry school boy.

מדינת ישׂראל
08-09-2006, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Nice little diary account......That's what it sounds like to me.....

Written by an angry school boy.
It was By Kevin Sites, on Mon Aug 7, 9:24 PM ET

Kevin Sites is live where the conflict is, are you live reporting to us there as well?

lavikor201
08-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Thank G-d no one was in the building at the time. But they have certainly made it clear they wish this school to be destroyed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 01:59 AM
Yeah thank God. That is scary that they would hit a high school.

מדינת ישׂראל
08-10-2006, 03:46 PM
And for some it's not just the sight of Israeli victims that causes anguish. Yigal Ben-Abu has been a firefighter for 15 years in northern Israeli city of Karmiel. He says he was moved to tears when he saw a picture of one of the children killed during the Israeli air strike on the Lebanese village of Qana. I show him some of the pictures I took from the aftermath of that attack, now stored on my computer.
Are Hezbollah moved to tears when they see an Israeli child dead? I doubt it.

adi8putra
08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
dont get me wrong. i'm against all kind of hostilities between both parties. but, i wondered....... and exactly how does it compared with the carnage done in lebanon, with pin point accuracy, courtesy of the idf? does an empty school comparable 2 all of those intentionally conducted carnage?

adi8putra
08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by מדינת ישׂראל
Are Hezbollah moved to tears when they see an Israeli child dead? I doubt it.
the same can be said 2 the israeli's too. are they moved to tears when they see hundreds (not one, but, hundreds and perhaps thousands....) of "arabs" child dead?:uuh:

מדינת ישׂראל
08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adi8putra
dont get me wrong. i'm against all kind of hostilities between both parties. but, i wondered....... and exactly how does it compared with the carnage done in lebanon, with pin point accuracy, courtesy of the idf? does an empty school comparable 2 all of those intentionally conducted carnage?
The difference is that Hezbollah is fighting and conducting operations in civilian areas in Lebonon.

Hezbollah is just firing rockets with thousands of nails inside each with the capacity to kill, for the purpose of killing innocent.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
:sl:

Your a liar. Isreal is doing the exact same thing and worse. Go and see this:

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ist-bombs.html

:w:

מדינת ישׂראל
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

Yeah but they don't aim for them

Hezbollah hides BEHIND them.

Don't call me a liar because I don't agree with your point of view.

Do you think I care about rep points?

adi8putra
08-10-2006, 04:00 PM
The difference is that Hezbollah is fighting and conducting operations in civilian areas in Lebonon.
yeah right.... and that's includes beirut, yes? why i'm not surprised if one day israel decided to nuke d whole lebanon with d pretext that u hv mentioned above?

Hezbollah is just firing rockets with thousands of nails inside each with the capacity to kill, for the purpose of killing innocent.
how about those precision guided bomb, ur howitzer or uranium depleted munitions compares?

S_87
08-10-2006, 04:01 PM
unlike israel hezbullah dont have guided missiles :rolleyes:

Kidman
08-10-2006, 04:02 PM

For the purpose of destroying the infastructures... and they hit places that most people are aware that will be hit. That's why they gave a warning before hitting other places.

Sorry, but they are not like the Israeli terrorists who drop leaflets then when the civilian is leaving like the leaflet says, the Israeli targets their vehicle.

Sorry, but they don't have superior advanced technology like the Israeli terrorists who can put a bomb in the middle of an "+" on top of an ambulance.

Sorry, but they are not like the Israeli terrorists who are bombing round the clock and that strikes at any moment.. Hezbollah fires during specific times and the Israeli's are accustomed to these hours and know when to go hide in the underground bunkers so their rockets could destroy the infastructures and cause israel to lose money, not life.

Sorry, but unlike the Israeli terrorists, over 300 rockets were shot into Israel and only 1 person ended up dying... where Israel can take out over 50 people with just a couple of bombs.

Kidman

מדינת ישׂראל
08-10-2006, 04:04 PM
For the purpose of destroying the infastructures... and they hit places that most people are aware that will be hit. That's why they gave a warning before hitting other places.
Oh please.

They hit houses, schools, shops, malls, playgrounds. With no warning.

adi8putra
08-10-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

thank you bro Ahmed 4 that info. it makes me think, those people who r forever in denial of d atrocities committed by israel must either be a hypocrites or a bloody liar! in their eyes, israel is 4ever d victim. they r d victim then, and they r d victim even now....& nothing else matters! r these people 4 real?

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 04:07 PM
You have to keep in mind that in many instances Israeli warplanes lock-on to the sources of rocket fire and respond accordingly. To suggest that Hezbollah isn't using human shields in this conflict is either denial or ignorance. That doesn't mean civilian deaths can be "justified", it is just a reality of the dynamics in this conflict. The goal of Isreal is to stop Hezbollah rocket fire on northern Isreali towns. If you park a truck by an apartment building and lauch rockets, that truck is toast and so is anything in its vicinity. Of course there have been bombs dropped that didn't hit a military target. These incidents cannot be justified, it is simply war, which is never sanitized and always been hard on civilians.

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Thank G-d no one was in the building at the time. But they have certainly made it clear they wish this school to be destroyed.
Hezbullaah does not aim with there weapon when they fire. So if it does hit schools its unintentional. But when Israel hits schools and houses its intentional because they can see and aim exactly where to hit...

lavikor201
08-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I know for a fact the IDF found guns and anti-tank guns inside a mosque. Why would they hide it in a mosque?

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
You have to keep in mind that in many instances Israeli warplanes lock-on to the sources of rocket fire and respond accordingly. To suggest that Hezbollah isn't using human shields in this conflict is either denial or ignorance. That doesn't mean civilian deaths can be "justified", it is just a reality of the dynamics in this conflict. The goal of Isreal is to stop Hezbollah rocket fire on northern Isreali towns. If you park a truck by an apartment building and lauch rockets, that truck is toast and so is anything in its vicinity. Of course there have been bombs dropped that didn't hit a military target. These incidents cannot be justified, it is simply war, which is never sanitized and always been hard on civilians.
So you mean to tell me Hezbullaah fires rockets night and day? Because israel seems to never stop bombing. if you dont believe watch CNN its not coming from some arab news media. CNN did there own investigation on the Qana Attack there were no prove of hezbollaah being there or even firing from that building. Also NBC too did a new take on Qana where they did there own investigation and couldnt find single heboullah rockets... The real goal of israel is to destory lebonan and make a path way to syria..

S_87
08-10-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
I know for a fact the IDF found guns and anti-tank guns inside a mosque. Why would they hide it in a mosque?
what were those filthy people doing in the masjid

ManchesterFolk
Actually, I read that story. Muslims reported it to the IDF because they did not want them in there place of prayer.

Keltoi
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
So you mean to tell me Hezbullaah fires rockets night and day? Because israel seems to never stop bombing. if you dont believe watch CNN its not coming from some arab news media. CNN did there own investigation on the Qana Attack there were no prove of hezbollaah being there or even firing from that building. Also NBC too did a new take on Qana where they did there own investigation and couldnt find single heboullah rockets... The real goal of israel is to destory lebonan and make a path way to syria..
Actually, there are around 200 rockets fired at Israel each day. Lately, there has been a shift in the amount and duration of rocket barrages, meaning that they are spaced out more evenly and the sirens stay on in Haifa and other border towns.

Israel wants a "pathway" to Syria? For what purpose? If Israel wanted to damage Syria militarily, they have supremacy of air space in the region. It wouldn't take much.

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 04:16 PM
This too also has been reported by Cnn And yahoo news. Israel killed more civilians and less hebollaah members. Hezbullaah killed more israel military then innocent civilians. Who is the real Terriost?

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
The ones that hide behind the civilians are the terrorists.

afriend
08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
unlike israel hezbullah dont have guided missiles :rolleyes:
Good point.....

Israel are one of the most advanced army in the Middle east...surely, they should have some way of avoiding civilian casualties.....

But it's just ignorance....

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Actually, there are around 200 rockets fired at Israel each day. Lately, there has been a shift in the amount and duration of rocket barrages, meaning that they are spaced out more evenly and the sirens stay on in Haifa and other border towns.

Israel wants a "pathway" to Syria? For what purpose? If Israel wanted to damage Syria militarily, they have supremacy of air space in the region. It wouldn't take much.
Whatever i tell you is from pro israel and pro american media. CNN has reported that israel is making a pathway through lebonan to syria..

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 04:19 PM
CNN pro-israel?

Hahahahahaha....

Now if you said fox i would have agreed with you.

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Good point.....

Israel are one of the most advanced army in the Middle east...surely, they should have some way of avoiding civilian casualties.....

But it's just ignorance....
You seem to think that this technology can magically tell the difference between a truck firing rockets in a field with a truck firing rockets from a residential neihborhood, they cannot. In any case, if rockets are being fired from any part of Lebanon they are fair game to be targeted. I'm not saying every bomb or missile fired inside Lebanon is due to a targeted rocket truck, I'm just pointing out that these incidents do happen and quite often.

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
The ones that hide behind the civilians are the terrorists.
It seems you guys believe everything Cnn says bad about muslims. Yet ignore all the truth about muslims. CNN reported most of the sites bombed by israel there were NO Hezbullah members there. Why were Ambulance bombed, gas station, fire trucks, UN peace keeping force? They all have the big red cross on them dont they?????

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 04:23 PM
It seems you guys believe everything Cnn says bad about muslims. Yet ignore all the truth about muslims. CNN reported most of the sites bombed by israel there were NO Hezbullah members there. Why were Ambulance bombed, gas station, fire trucks, UN peace keeping force? They all have the big red cross on them dont they?????
I watch BBC.

But don't believe what the media always tells you.

There on the scene when of course all of the Hezbollah fighters are long gone.

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 04:25 PM
CNN pro-israel?

Hahahahahaha....

Now if you said fox i would have agreed with you.
Yes, Cnn has reported all of that but still supports israel and defends israel with every mean possible. Whenever they report something that might be in favour of hezboullah with proof. They usually put allegations of israel such as hezboullah using human sheild...

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 04:27 PM
I watch BBC.

But don't believe what the media always tells you.

There on the scene when of course all of the Hezbollah fighters are long gone.
Shouldnt the hezboullah members have been killed when israel bombed them?? Or did israel military too give them time to leave and then they attacked the area??/ Also shouldnt there be any kind of evidence such as guns or weapons or even the katusuya rockets left behind?

Vishnu
08-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Did a newspaper not find proof with pictures smuggled out of Lebonon that there were civilians being used as human shields?

And also, did human rights watch a group that has commented a lot on Israel's bombings not say that Hezbollah was commiting war crimes by using civilians as human shields?

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I cannot change your mind on Israel but its pretty digusting that you are supporting israel who has claimed so many innocent civilians lifes.. I DO NOT SUPPORT HEZBOLLAH..... I THINK IF HEZBOLLAH IS BEING REFERED TO AS TERRIOST SO SHOULD ISRAEL....

Vishnu
08-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I cannot change your mind on Israel but its pretty digusting that you are supporting israel who has claimed so many innocent civilians lifes.. I DO NOT SUPPORT HEZBOLLAH..... I THINK IF HEZBOLLAH IS BEING REFERED TO AS TERRIOST SO SHOULD ISRAEL....
I'm not supporting Israel.

But I hardily can support the continued existance of Hezbollah, especially since UN Resolution 1559 has not been put into effect yet, by the weak goverment of Lebonon.

afriend
08-10-2006, 04:40 PM
If only one stopped to remember the reason for this war......hmm.....What was it all about again?

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
If only one stopped to remember the reason for this war......hmm.....What was it all about again?
The reason was the cross-border raid by Hezbollah which killed eight Israeli soldiers and kidnapped two of them.

Kidman
08-10-2006, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
I'm not supporting Israel.

But I hardily can support the continued existance of Hezbollah, especially since UN Resolution 1559 has not been put into effect yet, by the weak goverment of Lebonon.
UN resolution 1559 is BS... They should let Lebanon decide on what they want to do.

It's like other people deciding on where my child should go to school. It's not their choice, let Lebanon decide for itself. Look at the people who didn't vote and what they had to say. And look at all the U.N resolutions that Israel did follow, or the Geneva Convention that Israel never follows.

Kidman

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
UN resolution 1559 is BS... They should let Lebanon decide on what they want to do.

It's like other people deciding on where my child should go to school. It's not their choice, let Lebanon decide for itself. Look at the people who didn't vote and what they had to say. And look at all the U.N resolutions that Israel did follow, or the Geneva Convention that Israel never follows.

Kidman
Lebanon has no control over Hezbollah, so leaving it up to Lebanon would solve absolutely nothing.

Kidman
08-10-2006, 05:00 PM
The reason was the cross-border raid by Hezbollah which killed eight Israeli soldiers and kidnapped two of them.
Easy to say for somebody that just looks a few weeks back and not the whole history of the region.

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Easy to say for somebody that just looks a few weeks back and not the whole history of the region.
If you want to go back to the time of Adam that is your decision, but the reason for this conflict are the actions of Hezbollah.

Kidman
08-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Lebanon has no control over Hezbollah, so leaving it up to Lebanon would solve absolutely nothing.
Hezbollah is Lebanon.. Lebanon wouldn't exist if it weren't for Hezbollah. And if it wasn't Hezbollah, it would be another resistance group made of all lebanese citizens.

Kidman

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Hezbollah is Lebanon.. Lebanon wouldn't exist if it weren't for Hezbollah. And if it wasn't Hezbollah, it would be another resistance group made of all lebanese citizens.

Kidman
So then Lebanon attacked Israel...either the way the point is the same.

Kidman
08-10-2006, 05:04 PM
If you want to go back to the time of Adam that is your decision, but the reason for this conflict are the actions of Hezbollah.
wow... so Israel can steal their land, kill and imprison their civilians, and when Hezbollah fights back it's all their fault. think a little deeper then that buddy...

watch this, might help a lil to why you think the way you do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-brkmfrxrQY&eurl=

Kidman

Kidman
08-10-2006, 05:06 PM
So then Lebanon attacked Israel...either the way the point is the same.
Thank you, so Lebanon is not "weak" then.

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 05:06 PM
wow... so Israel can steal their land, kill and imprison their civilians, and when Hezbollah fights back it's all their fault. think a little deeper then that buddy...

Kidman
There were no bombs being dropped in Lebanon before the killing of eight Israeli soldiers, now there is a war. It's called cause and effect. It doesn't require "deep thinking" to comprehend why Israel didn't appreciate an act of war by a foreign militia on their own soil. Just like they didn't appreciate an act of war by the Arab nations in 67.

Kidman
08-10-2006, 05:11 PM
There were no bombs being dropped in Lebanon before the killing of eight Israeli soldiers, now there is a war. It's called cause and effect. It doesn't require "deep thinking" to comprehend why Israel didn't appreciate an act of war by a foreign militia on their own soil. Just like they didn't appreciate an act of war by the Arab nations in 67.
Since the withdrawal of Israeli soldiers from Southern Lebanon in May of 2000, there were ongoing issues between the Israelis and Hezbollah. For one, Shebaa farms were still occupied. Secondly, Israelis still held Lebanese prisoners in their jails and weren't prepared to release them. They shot dead the 15 year old shepherd Ibrahim Rhayyel last February in Lebanon [1] and have refused to give up maps of land mines they placed during their occupation of South Lebanon which have killed several children over the past six years. Lastly, the Israelis continued their invasions into Lebanese sovereign territory through fighter jets, navy vessels and armored carriers. What would Israel's reaction be if the Syrians flew at low altitude breaking the sound barrier initiating a loud sonic boom over Tel-Aviv, or if the Russians or Chinese did the same over Washington?

The Lebanese government has taken these complaints of the Israeli 13,000+ incursions of Lebanese sovereign land, sea and air borders to the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) for which UNIFIL acknowledges and has documented these incursions itself. The UN however has been helpless to stop them, bringing into question the integrity and purpose of the UN. In fact, the UN doesn't have any realistic mandate over the Israelis since condemnations of the Israelis have been vetoed by the United States. Here is a list of United States abusing its veto power to shield the Israelis over forty times [2].

If international diplomacy won't budge the Israelis, what other choices are there to receive justice? Hezbollah viewed its only option was to use Israeli soldiers as bargaining chips. It had worked in the past. The global community has been in shock at the Israelis response. The father of one of the captured Israeli soldiers made this comment "It will be ridiculous to think all this war happening now is because of my son. There were many...in the past there were many kidnaps before and captures and whatever and Israel didn't start the war because of this" [3].

The Israelis, instead of choosing peaceful international diplomacy to release the captured soldiers like has happened in the past with prisoner exchanges, instead decided to put in effect a unilateral war plan it had developed. No military initiates a conflict overnight without a carefully crafted war plan strategy. Some reports have suggested the Israelis had been preparing for this campaign on Lebanon for over a year [4]. This vicious conflict could have been avoided if the Lebanese prisoners were released and Shebaa farms were returned to Lebanon.

[1] Naharnet Newsdesk (2006) "U.N., Lebanon Say Teenage Shepherd Killed by Israel Inside Lebanese Territory"
http://www.naharnet.com/domino/tn/Ne...5?OpenDocument

[2] KryssTal (2006) "Use of the Veto on United Nations Resolutions by the USA"
http://www.krysstal.com/democracy_whyusa03.html sourced from
http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...o/vetosubj.htm

[3] The comments were aired on SBS World News Australia on the 19th of July 2006.
Audio of the interview can be found here
http://www.expressed-opinion.com/downloads/father.mp3

[4] San Francisco Chronical (2006) "Israel set war plan more than a year ago Strategy was put in motion as Hezbollah began gaining military strength in Lebanon"
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NG2QK396D1.DTL and

World News Network (2006) "Engineered war"
http://cgi.wn.com/?t=worldnews/oneph...ticle=46699622

Kidman

Geronimo
08-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Wow why are they filthy? If you don't want them to go in if you don't want them. If you told me you didn't want me in there I would say fine and level the place.

Kidman
08-10-2006, 05:14 PM
http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m25358&da...2006_23:12_ECT

sorry, that's for the 1st reference

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Since the withdrawal of Israeli soldiers from Southern Lebanon in May of 2000, there were ongoing issues between the Israelis and Hezbollah. For one, Shebaa farms were still occupied.
According to the UN israel completly withdrew from Lebonon. The Shebaa farms despute has nothing to do with Lebonon, even though Syria I am sure would find any reason to keep Hezbollah angry at Israel.

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
As Salam Alykum..
watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wdwk1dp-uU

Inshallah May Allah S.W.T help hezbullaah and hamas in there plan of complete elimination of the dirty evil state of israel
Ameen...

Kidman
08-10-2006, 07:33 PM
According to the UN israel completly withdrew from Lebonon. The Shebaa farms despute has nothing to do with Lebonon, even though Syria I am sure would find any reason to keep Hezbollah angry at Israel.
1. Syria says the Shebaa farms are Lebanese lands. Syrian officials may be asked this question at any time. No bets on whose claims Syria would defend.

2. Any map of Lebanon predating the current crisis clearly illustrates Shebaa within Lebanon. 1. Syria says the Shebaa farms are Lebanese lands. Syrian officials may be asked this question at any time. No bets on whose claims Syria would defend.

2. Any map of Lebanon predating the current crisis clearly illustrates Shebaa within Lebanon. http://www.expressed-opinion.com/dow...lebanonmap.jpg

3. Shebaa inhabitants say they are Lebanese.

4. The Lebanese government has submitted several maps and proofs of Shebaa farms being Lebanese to the UN for which the UN has not acted upon.

5. For arguments sakes, we will presume the Israeli dispute that Shebaa farms are Syrian (although Syria affirms they belong to Lebanon). Being Syrian land, the Israelis shouldn't be there. If Israelis wanted peace, they should rightfully withdrawal in compliance with Resolutions 242 and 338.

Inshallah May Allah S.W.T help hezbullaah and hamas in there plan of complete elimination of the dirty evil state of israel
Ameen...
Ameen

Kidman

Geronimo
08-10-2006, 08:04 PM
As Salam Alykum..
watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wdwk1dp-uU

Ameen...
How many times is this gonna be posted?

Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Geronimo
How many times is this gonna be posted?
I did not know this was posted on the thread!

S_87
08-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Wow why are they filthy? If you don't want them to go in if you don't want them. If you told me you didn't want me in there I would say fine and level the place.
did they wash before entering? did they go in with shoes?

they are filthy because they are..

Geronimo
08-10-2006, 08:25 PM
did they wash before entering? did they go in with shoes?

they are filthy because they are..
because they are what? How do you know they didn't wash and take off their shoes?

QuranStudy
08-11-2006, 03:06 PM
They hit houses, schools, shops, malls, playgrounds. With no warning.
Very similar to what the IDF are doing. They hit houses, stores, mosques, airports, roads etc with devastating weaponry.

At least Hezbollah killed more soldiers than civilians.

S_87
08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
because they are what? How do you know they didn't wash and take off their shoes?
you think those soldiers would take their shoes off?

QuranStudy
08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
you think those soldiers would take their shoes off?
They havent bathed for two weeks according to the general.

Wild Bill
08-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Going after the guns that hezbollah "does not" have in mosques or civilian areas.

Wild Bill
08-12-2006, 06:43 AM

Kidman
That guy is quite obnoxious. Even if you have a valid point, there are more civilized ways of getting it across than his awful behaviour. I feel sorry for his family that he would be so rude and confrontational on national television, he must be quite an embarassment.

Kidman
08-15-2006, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill
That guy is quite obnoxious. Even if you have a valid point, there are more civilized ways of getting it across than his awful behaviour. I feel sorry for his family that he would be so rude and confrontational on national television, he must be quite an embarassment.
Actually the opposite, he is quite inspiring! Her questions were loaded and formed in a way to be against muslims... he is totally justified in the way he handled her... But your probably used to the media being biased so you think he was out of hand on the way he replied... so i don't blame you.

Also, watch the AlmahdiNejad interview on 60 mins. show you more on how the questions are loaded, but they were caught. anyways, i have to go to lunch,

Kidman

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.