/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Another scam of the Hezbollah !

guyabano
08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Now, it is known already that Hezbollah not always play fair game, but this one beat all the scam, I ever saw before. Look at this July 30 photo, shot by the Associated Press's Lefteris Pitarakis:

Have a look at this pic:

ok, good so far! Now let's look a little bit closer. The caption reads: "Bodies of Lebanese residents of the southern village of Qana near the port city of Tyre, Lebanon, are laid covered after they were removed from under the rubble of a demolished building, background, that was struck by Israeli war plane missiles Sunday, July 30, 2006. At least 50 people, including scores of children, were killed Sunday in an Israeli air strike on this southern Lebanon village--the deadliest attack in 19 days of fighting."

The death toll subsequently declined, and a close look at this photo shows that the Hezbollah side of the conflict was exaggerating it with images as well as words. Note the "victim" denoted by the arrow here:

It's a little hard to see exactly what's going on at this size. Here's an enlargement of the portion in question. You can see it !

Since when do dead people know to sit up ? :D

I say: SHAMEFUL !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isma'el
08-09-2006, 11:38 AM
May b the state of the art bomb which america gave to israel blew his/her upper body off...

just whats left of the body, as we know things like that dont get shown on the news... so i presume they covered it up.

Dawud_uk
08-09-2006, 12:42 PM
it is called rigour mortis, when the body effectively freezes in the position in which it dies.

this is why a dead person should be laid out to rest quickly after death otherwise such things as this can happen but if the body is buried in the rubble it would not be possible.

Mawaddah
08-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Or it could be an unconscious person waking up lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
מדינת ישׂראל
08-09-2006, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Or it could be an unconscious person waking up lol
lol

guyabano
08-09-2006, 06:13 PM
IMHO, it looks more as Hezbollah like to raise the amount of "dead" bodies to become more sympathy !

Looking4Peace
08-09-2006, 06:17 PM
could of been a very badly injured person that got up, even my dad has seen this in Iraq, but pretty much this doesnt have anything to do with the total amount dead which is a whole lot more on Lebanons side than on Israel's so again another pointless thread by a pro-israel advocate. [S]Ehh you lose try again[/S]

aamirsaab
08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
:sl:
Perhaps he was hiding in there?

I have stated this before, this war started so absurdly, do you honestly think it will contain "fair" tactics?

guyabano
08-09-2006, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:
Perhaps he was hiding in there?

I have stated this before, this war started so absurdly, do you honestly think it will contain "fair" tactics?
yes, agree !

lavikor201
08-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Damn, that wasn't obvious in the picture till you pointed it out.

azim
08-09-2006, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
IMHO, it looks more as Hezbollah like to raise the amount of "dead" bodies to become more sympathy !
What a ridiculous post.

First, see this link:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_mortis

Second, you're obviously trying to undermine the casulty figures. See this: -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4775689.stm

Pay attention to this line: -
More than 1,000 people, most of them civilians, have now been killed in the conflict, the Lebanese government has said. More than 100 Israelis, most of them soldiers, have also been killed.

It's just arrogrance that assume you can tell if someone is alive or dead from a picture, despite their being several completely valid reasons why the person may appear to be sitting up.

Get over your prejudices.

rubiesand
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
You know, if I was going to take a picture of someone pretending to be a dead body, the first thing I would do is make sure they were sitting up.:rolleyes:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-09-2006, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
What a ridiculous post.

More than 1,000 people, most of them civilians, have now been killed in the conflict, the Lebanese government has said. More than 100 Israelis, most of them soldiers, have also been killed.

It's just arrogrance that assume you can tell if someone is alive or dead from a picture, despite their being several completely valid reasons why the person may appear to be sitting up.

said what I wanted to say...I can't believe the thread starter would try to bring up something like this to undermine the deaths, it's as if he's going to show this and everyone is going to say yeah maybe nobody is really dead up those lebanon sides.

azim
08-09-2006, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
said what I wanted to say...I can't believe the thread starter would try to bring up something like this to undermine the deaths, it's as if he's going to show this and everyone is going to say yeah maybe nobody is really dead up those lebanon sides.
And the worst thing is that he brings it up with no proof except his own opinion on what he sees.

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 01:38 AM
Well it is an interesting thread none the less.

If they are all alive then that is a huge scandal.

guyabano
08-10-2006, 06:33 AM
And the worst thing is that he brings it up with no proof except his own opinion on what he sees.
Well, what proof do I need, pictures say more than 1000 Words ! For me, it is a pure scam, plus, they speak about civilians killed, now curiously, under the white blankets, you can easily identify camouflage dresses of Hezbollah fighters.
For, me nothing is to proove there, it is a pure scam !

guyabano
08-10-2006, 06:37 AM
What a ridiculous post.

Why is that? Just because it doesn't fit your point of view, it must not automatically be ridiculous. So, out of my point of view, most posts here would be ridiculous, no?

Dahir
08-10-2006, 07:35 AM
[MAD]The outlaw Hez-Bullies got caught in the act - One point for Justice!![/MAD]

MRR
08-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Doctored photo fiasco emerges from Beirut

Questions about journalistic integrity emerged this weekend from the continuing conflict between Israel and Hezbollah, after a photojournalist was found to have doctored two images out of Beirut.

The Reuters News Agency has withdrawn more than 900 images from its database taken by Adnan Hajj, one of its freelance photographers based in Beirut.

Responding to allegations of tampering, Reuters discovered that Hajj had manipulated two recent photos: one showing the aftermath of an Israeli air strike on a suburban neighbourhood and another showing an Israeli jet fighter flying over southern Lebanon.

The first photo had been manipulated to show more and darker smoke rising from the buildings, while the second image showed the plane dropping three flares instead of just one, Reuters said.

"There is no graver breach of Reuters standards for our photographers than the deliberate manipulation of an image", Tom Szlukovenyi, Reuters Global Picture Editor, said in a statement.

"Reuters has zero tolerance for any doctoring of pictures and constantly reminds its photographers, both staff and freelance, of this strict and unalterable policy."

Quick reaction over the weekend

After Reuters published the smoking buildings photo on Saturday, the online community began accusing that the photo was altered. The agency conducted a review and found the image had indeed been changed using Photoshop. Reuters terminated its relationship with Hajj on Sunday.

The agency then began an immediate review of Hajj's other recent work and, on Monday, found that the jet photo taken Aug. 2 had also been doctored. Reuters then withdrew from its database the 920 photos Hajj had taken for the agency over the years.

"This doesn't mean that every one of his 920 photographs in our database was altered. We know that not to be the case from the majority of images we have looked at so far but we need to act swiftly and in a precautionary manner," Szlukovenyi said.

According to a Reuters spokesperson, Hajj has denied deliberately attempting to manipulate the photos, saying he was trying to remove dust and made mistakes because of poor lighting conditions.

Hajj has also worked as a freelancer for the Associated Press, which is reviewing his photos in its own archive to verify their authenticity.

Incident mars others' reputations: photojournalist

The fiasco takes away the public's trust in the media and undermines the work of other photojournalists, said photographer John D. McHugh, who was recently embedded with Canadian and British troops in Afghanistan.

"To the trained eye, you're not going to get away with doing this for very long," McHugh told CBC News.

"Even if you have no ethics, if you've totally given up on the work you're doing and you have no commitment to telling the truth anymore, you're just not going to get away with this because it's just pretty obvious."

Despite changes in how journalists cover the news today, the golden rule is still the same, said Adrian Monck, professor and head of journalism at the U.K.'s City University in London.

"The technology hasn't changed the ball game. The ball game is simple: Tell the truth. Have integrity," he said.

Reuters says it has tightened the process in which photographs from the Middle East are filed, with only senior staff editing images on the Global Pictures Desk and a final check made by the editor-in-charge.

The conflict between Israel and Hezbollah has entered its fourth week.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...er-beirut.html

azim
08-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Why is that? Just because it doesn't fit your point of view, it must not automatically be ridiculous. So, out of my point of view, most posts here would be ridiculous, no?
It's ridiculous because you bring a photo and claim you know EXACTLY whats happening.

As explained, rigor mortis is a very normal thing and it easily explains the position of the person in the photo.

If you want your biased opinion to be taken seriously, you have to bring more proof that simply "oh look, i've never been on a battlefield full of dead soldiers but i'm expert on photos and that dude is alive!".

Your opinion is worth little since what expertise do you have in this field?

guyabano
08-10-2006, 11:48 AM
It's ridiculous because you bring a photo and claim you know EXACTLY whats happening.

As explained, rigor mortis is a very normal thing and it easily explains the position of the person in the photo.

If you want your biased opinion to be taken seriously, you have to bring more proof that simply "oh look, i've never been on a battlefield full of dead soldiers but i'm expert on photos and that dude is alive!".

Your opinion is worth little since what expertise do you have in this field?
Well. rigor mortis, let me laugh ! It's my last post in this thread, because everything is said what has to be said. I bring some picutres, fact analysis, and what did you bring? A link out of Wikipedia, most here don't even find reliable and accurate ! Now let me laugh again !
You must bring up some more to proove, I'm wrong or you want to tell me, I modify the pictures in Photoshop ? :D

Malaikah
08-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I say: SHAMEFUL !
I say: Shame on the one who bombed the place. Shame on the one who is undermining the deaths of the lebanese civilains. Shame on the one who jumps to conclusions. Shame on the one who declares that Hezbollah is exxagerating the deaths based on one image that could mean a thousand different things!

Silver
08-10-2006, 12:22 PM
A lot of people even kids have died in positions like this,paramedics had to dislocate their shoulders,knees...to be able to burry them later.

i_m_tipu
08-10-2006, 12:25 PM
very disturbing thread?????

pls don't make fun with dead personal

azim
08-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Well. rigor mortis, let me laugh ! It's my last post in this thread, because everything is said what has to be said. I bring some picutres, fact analysis, and what did you bring? A link out of Wikipedia, most here don't even find reliable and accurate ! Now let me laugh again !
You must bring up some more to proove, I'm wrong or you want to tell me, I modify the pictures in Photoshop ? :D
..okay, I guess coherent sentences aren't your strong point.

The burden of proof is on the accuser - your pictures proove nothing. What is to question here? Do you think rigor mortis is some made up condition that only exists on wikipedia?

Why is this your last post in this thread? If you make such big accusations based on such little evidence you should at least have the moral character to stand by the accusations you made.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.