/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'Hezbollah soldiers' with tattoos

scentsofjannah
08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5254742.stm

i dont know about you guys..but i saw this on tv and the tattoe was clear having tattoes is not aspect of middleeastern culture except for bedoiun women (and this too is a dying tradition)

in this 'confession' tape it says he joined Hezbollah as a teen, went several times to Iran too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ninth_Scribe
08-09-2006, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
i dont know about you guys... but i saw this on tv and the tattoo was clear. having tattoes is not an aspect of middle eastern culture except for bedoiun women (and this too is a dying tradition)

in this 'confession' tape it says he joined Hezbollah as a teen, went several times to Iran too.
It's an impossible call to make just by the tattoo alone. One would be tempted to believe that the man bearing the tattoo couldn't possibly be of Hezbollah because it's forbidden, but sin is something we've all shared in common - and even some of the most die-hard religious followers (we won't mention any names) have fallen victim to this sin. I almost did myself, but I lost the debate with some of the Jewish rabbis concerning the issue.

Ninth Scribe

I R Paki
08-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Another CIA-run propaganda video, as usual they've made a mistake.

wilberhum
08-09-2006, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HusamLah
good observation brother
Isn't it amazing what you can see with your eyes closed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
scentsofjannah
08-09-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
It's an impossible call to make just by the tattoo alone. One would be tempted to believe that the man bearing the tattoo couldn't possibly be of Hezbollah because it's forbidden, but sin is something we've all shared in common - and even some of the most die-hard religious followers (we won't mention any names) have fallen victim to this sin. I almost did myself, but I lost the debate with some of the Jewish rabbis concerning the issue.

Ninth Scribe

If the guy was born and bred in Syria it is highly unlikely he would tattoo himself at such a tender young age..the concept is extremely alien to that part of the world except in bedoiun women who live in the desert and their tatooes are on their faces and hands..ofcourse I'm not saying he has always been a saint..but i suspect this is a hoax and history is riddled with hoaxes where numerous warring parties each spreading propaganda to make it look as if it's winning.

Also may i add Syria is a country where you will not find a single MCDonalds fastfood restaurant..or even Levi's...and there is also to this day an Aramaic speaking community comprising of Muslims and Christians.

lavikor201
08-10-2006, 12:31 AM
It is still possible.

Looking4Peace
08-10-2006, 11:58 PM
actually i know quite a few Muslim men that have tatoos because they were rebelious at a young age and some come from middle east nations, people grow up and tend to become more religious then once were as a teen, so this is nothing odd to me.

azim
08-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Asalamu alaykum.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on a tattoo.

It's like Guyabano's stupid thread with the dead guy under the sheets.

We don't have enough evidence so theres no point in speculating.

babybackribs
08-11-2006, 01:12 AM
I posted an article from the ***ociated Press today that described how tattos are all the rage today in Iran, of all places. And women are getting them the most ! The mods took it down for some reason or another. Anyway, it goes to show that more and more, tattoos are gaining popularity in the Muslim community.

Woodrow
08-11-2006, 01:27 AM
The fact that anything is done or gaining in popularity does not make it halal.

And the fact that a person has a tattoo does not mean the person is not a Muslim. I believe it is a fairly well known fact that most of us are not perfect, and there is a possability that at some time we have done at least one haraam act. How and why a person has a tattoo is of little importance. We need only know why we are not in a tattoo parlor at this moment.

north_malaysian
08-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Tattoo is haraaaaaam..

But sadly many skinhead and black metal Malays have tattoos to show their defiance to Islam.

scentsofjannah
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
actually i know quite a few Muslim men that have tatoos because they were rebelious at a young age and some come from middle east nations, people grow up and tend to become more religious then once were as a teen, so this is nothing odd to me.
ofcourse sis i dont deny that there are Muslim men who live in western countries who do get tatooes because they are distanced from religion and whatnot..but the thing is this young guy is from Syria and its extremely rare virtually nonexistent to see men with tattoos..and this article wants to believe this guy got a tattoo at the age of 15 or less..which is basically nonsense.

scentsofjannah
08-11-2006, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Asalamu alaykum.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on a tattoo.

It's like Guyabano's stupid thread with the dead guy under the sheets.
This thread just has an article..you make up your mind..i happen to thing its propaganda

We don't have enough evidence so theres no point in speculating.
I hope by that you also mean not accepting whatever the media throws at you like sheep.

scentsofjannah
08-11-2006, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by babybackribs
I posted an article from the ***ociated Press today that described how tattos are all the rage today in Iran, of all places. And women are getting them the most ! The mods took it down for some reason or another. Anyway, it goes to show that more and more, tattoos are gaining popularity in the Muslim community.
Iran is not a middleeastern country..and its not arab either.

besides its not a new thing to us..its extremely westernised...i have an Iranian music channel and the videos are not anything like what ive seen on arab tv..extremely shocking stuff.

but lets remember theres a huge Iranian diaspora..and thats its only a few cities within Iran that are westernised..Iran is a big country with many villages towns and cities.

azim
08-11-2006, 08:10 PM
I hope by that you also mean not accepting whatever the media throws at you like sheep.
Of course not, but we should always think critically. We have been told that they are from Hezbollah, we should keep an air of skepticism about it since "the first casulty of war is truth", but that doesnt mean we should jump to conclusions on small pieces of information such as the tatoo. I don't mean to attack you or the thread sis, you've made some amazing posts regarding the Palestine/Israel situation - I just feel in this issue theres not enough evidence to be sure of anything.

Kidman
08-11-2006, 08:32 PM
I know a lot of Muslims with tattoos... i was actually thinking about getting one myself. Who said they are haraam and what is your proof.

I have asked my sheikh about tattoos and they are forbidden if you mention the name of Allah or anything in the Quran because to have that you will have to be cleansed all the time which is impossible. But for other things, you can have tattoos...

Also, if you are goign to use the Sunnah, remember the Hezbollah are Shia, so use their sources of the Sunnah.

Thanks,
Kidman

scentsofjannah
08-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Well if you noticed i said its extremely unlikely..its not from Middleeastern culture.

the ugly green tattoos are a western craze.

why would you want one done?

scentsofjannah
08-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Of course not, but we should always think critically. We have been told that they are from Hezbollah, we should keep an air of skepticism about it since "the first casulty of war is truth", but that doesnt mean we should jump to conclusions on small pieces of information such as the tatoo. I don't mean to attack you or the thread sis, you've made some amazing posts regarding the Palestine/Israel situation - I just feel in this issue theres not enough evidence to be sure of anything.
Yes, true.

Silver
08-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Even if the guys was raised in Syria (but he's lebanese right?hezbollah claims that its fighters are only lebanese...) he couldn've gotten a tattoo there,i've been to Syria countless times and there are guys with tattoos there.In Lebanon too,there are a lot of tattoo artists especially in Beirut and a large number of guys and girls do have tattoos,some are religious people.There are people who think that tattoo is haram and others who don't.
An increasing number of people are getting tattoos,I know it's not part of the arab culture but the region is changing.
So it is possible that there are hezbollah fighters with tattoos but I can't tell for sure.can I?

Ninth_Scribe
08-12-2006, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HusamLah
keep denying the truth even tho its been presented to you
It's not a Truth until everyone can see it the same way. If I told you the only way to enter this world is by conception and the only way to leave it is via death, you would know I told you the truth because it's something every living being sees the same way. It's not open to debate and the understanding transcends all races, religions, sexes, and species - it applies to everything.

What I see here isn't a truth yet... but it most certainly warrents cautious and careful study. Turn the light up and take a closer look - who knows what we'll find? I've only been here on this Earth for 45 years and I have to admit... I've been shocked at what I've seen here! It wouldn't surprize me, that's for sure.

Ninth Scribe

afriend
08-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Where's the tattoo? I don't see it :?

Ninth_Scribe
08-12-2006, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Where's the tattoo? I don't see it :?
It's the dude in the white 'wife-beater' (sleeveless t-shirt)... on his right arm.

It looks Celtic in design. Well, so much for salvaging the weekend.

Ninth Scribe

Link
08-12-2006, 05:50 PM

Ninth Scribe
Salam

no, it's different with hizbollah, because they don't trust everyone, they only trust people who are highly religious and sincere and disciplined.

Ninth_Scribe
08-12-2006, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
Salam

no, it's different with hizbollah, because they don't trust everyone, they only trust people who are highly religious and sincere and disciplined.
I'm tracking the tattoo design now because, as I said before, it looks Celtic (Irish) in origin. It would help if I had a better graphic to work with, but I'll narrow it down to the best 100 and see what some of the tattoo artists have to say. I'm not trying to make an instant defense here. Just saying Zarqawi did this and I almost did - it seems to be a common sin, and from what I can tell, one that is easily forgiven as well.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
08-12-2006, 06:51 PM
The first casulty of war is truth.
Sad, but true. :cry:

Ninth Scribe

azim
08-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Sad, but true. :cry:

Ninth Scribe
"the first casulty of war is truth" = isn't my saying btw, someone famous once said it, I forget his name.

scentsofjannah
08-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm tracking the tattoo design now because, as I said before, it looks Celtic (Irish) in origin. It would help if I had a better graphic to work with, but I'll narrow it down to the best 100 and see what some of the tattoo artists have to say. I'm not trying to make an instant defense here. Just saying Zarqawi did this and I almost did - it seems to be a common sin, and from what I can tell, one that is easily forgiven as well.

Ninth Scribe

well try to catch any videos of it on the net.

i saw it on bbc and the tattoo was very clear.

Ninth_Scribe
08-13-2006, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
i saw it on bbc and the tattoo was very clear.
Thanks, will try and track the video from their archives.

Ninth Scribe

QuranStudy
08-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Cold (But I'm Still Here) by Evans Blue

Hello, I'm your martyr.
Will you be my gangsta?
Can you feel my trigger hand,
moving further down your back?
When you hide, hide inside that body.
But just remember that when I touch you,
the more you shake, the more you give away.
LOL.....nice band, and great song :D

Ninth_Scribe
08-13-2006, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
LOL.....nice band, and great song :D
Shhhh. Muslims aren't supposed to know this song. It's haram, remember? ;)

It's part of a tribute compilation I'm making.

Ninth Scribe

north_malaysian
08-14-2006, 04:34 AM
We've been taught at schools that Tattoos are haraam for Muslims.

I've heard that Copts in Egypt have tattoos to differentiate themselves from Muslim Egyptians.

Ninth_Scribe
08-14-2006, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
We've been taught at schools that Tattoos are haraam for Muslims.

I've heard that Copts in Egypt have tattoos to differentiate themselves from Muslim Egyptians.
From what I can tell, tattoos began as a form of tribal identification, but the practice was challenged and banned when it was later used as a means to commemorate the dead, among other things.

Ninth Scribe

Kidman
08-14-2006, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
Salam

Okay... Hezbollah is a Shia group. The main Scholar for the Shia's is Ayatollah Sistani. He says tattoos are not haram.

Only when you use the name of Allah or if you tattoo a peace of the Quran (in the formal arabic writing) it is haram because then you must be cleansed at all times, which is impossible.

Kidman

Ninth_Scribe
08-14-2006, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Okay... Hezbollah is a Shia group. The main Scholar for the Shia's is Ayatollah Sistani. He says tattoos are not haram.

Only when you use the name of Allah or if you tattoo a peace of the Quran (in the formal arabic writing) it is haram because then you must be cleansed at all times, which is impossible.

Kidman
Oh, thank you for this! I've been collecting the various differences in tradition between Shia and Sunni schools and I didn't know about this one.

Ninth Scribe

Kidman
08-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Ya.. no problem. You can visit the website at

http://sistani.org/html/eng/

Kidman

Ninth_Scribe
08-14-2006, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Ya.. no problem. You can visit the website at

http://sistani.org/html/eng/

Kidman
I had Al Sistani's office answer to a dispute surrounding Kaab Al Ahbar, they gave a statement identifying their position concerning the dispute... it came with an official seal and everything. But I don't always know what questions to ask until I trip over them like I did just now. Safe to say then, the issue of the tattoo means nothing... except that this dude liked tattoos :thankyou:

Ninth Scribe

Kidman
08-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Lol.. ya. I always forget my questions, so i write them down and take them to my Sheikh, since he is a representative of Sistani and other scholars.

Kidman

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.