/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer facilities at college

H4RUN
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
:sl:

i was wondering if anyone here went or goes to Bedford college in Bedford, UK? If so, have they got a specific room for prayer etc?? May study Aerospace there, just a matter of getting there....or just work towards that course in uni, n jus do 2 relevant A levels in my local 6th form...
ma'salama
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
08-14-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't know about the colleges in the UK, but I know that every college here has a MSA room and you can pray there inshaAllah.

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Salam,

My college does not have prayer facilities. I was told, when I went for induction, that they were thinking of making one. But, they have not yet made one.
I used the complaint/suggestion leaflets and pleaded for a prayer area. Nothing happened.

Wasalam

Kittygyal
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

i was wondering if anyone here went or goes to Bedford college in Bedford, UK? If so, have they got a specific room for prayer etc?? May study Aerospace there, just a matter of getting there....or just work towards that course in uni, n jus do 2 relevant A levels in my local 6th form...
ma'salama
salam.
well nephew i went for a year to do art when i came back from USA and yes there is a place to pray in a room many women pray and men but in different rooms

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H4RUN
08-14-2006, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
well nephew i went for a year to do art when i came back from USA and yes there is a place to pray in a room many women pray and men but in different rooms
Jazakallah khair for the replies.....
u went? Bedford college? sure? positive? 110.75 %? lol
peace b un2 u all

Hijaabi22
08-14-2006, 02:55 PM

ma'salama
u mean BRADFORD ryt? ;)

H4RUN
08-14-2006, 02:58 PM
AHEM lol there is a difference in spelling between BEDFORD and BRADFORD, u c BED and BRAD....a difference :) lol.... so errr in escense erm no i dont mean bradford, rather BEDford lol....
ma'salama

Kittygyal
08-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Jazakallah khair for the replies.....
u went? Bedford college? sure? positive? 110.75 %? lol
peace b un2 u all
salam.
am 112.76% sure i went for my Art for 1 year, and i am 100& + 84 % sure i went bradford college
w.salam

Hijaabi22
08-14-2006, 03:03 PM
AHEM lol there is a difference in spelling between BEDFORD and BRADFORD, u c BED and BRAD....a difference :) lol.... so errr in escense erm no i dont mean bradford, rather BEDford lol....
ma'salama
bedford sux bradford the place to be INIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

H4RUN
08-14-2006, 03:27 PM
oi u watch it, no erm town-ism city-ism allowed lol and do not insult the county in which i live in!!! LoL

Kittygyal
08-14-2006, 03:32 PM
oi u watch it, no erm town-ism city-ism allowed lol and do not insult the county in which i live in!!! LoL

salam.
humm nephew your right it's "bedford" cause your way lazy to gt out your bed so correct.

afriend2
08-14-2006, 03:37 PM
salaam,

why dont you ask the specific colleges you want to go to whether they have one. if they dont then maybe you could think of creating one with the help of the headmaster/mistress. and while your at it, if they dont have an Islamic Society you should make one of them too inshAllah.

wassalam :peace:

H4RUN
08-14-2006, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
am 112.76% sure i went for my Art for 1 year, and i am 100& + 84 % sure i went bradford college
w.salam
PRECISLEY LOLL i sed BEDFORD college lol, so erm ur not 184% sure are youuuuuuuuuu. lol

Kittygyal
08-14-2006, 03:50 PM
PRECISLEY LOLL i sed BEDFORD college lol, so erm ur not 184% sure are youuuuuuuuuu. lol
NO!! there's no bedford college there "bradford college",am am 101% sure i went there for a year! oh nephew stop it now it's bradford am not in mood to joke so...W.salam

MH-UK
08-15-2006, 10:48 AM

Bedford College

There doesn't seem to be anything on the website about it, perhaps if you call them they might be able to help?

Somalina
08-25-2006, 06:37 PM
asc

Mine has one,so good ,my favourite place to go when having a break,i pray,rest,adjust my hijab and even take a nap:D

but it's really simple to carry a prayer mat,find a private corner and Vuola,that's while u do the necessary to arrange a prayer room

some colleges have several Empty rooms but reject the plea to create prayer rooms,we started sharing ourswith the christians,Ya Rabbi they started complaints :heated:

mashallah it's good to chose a college based on it's tolerance of Islam

I dont know bradford or bedford,did consider an islamic college?)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.