/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nasrallah urges Arabs to leave Haifa

Hashim_507
08-09-2006, 07:47 PM
By JOSEPH PANOSSIAN, Associated Press Writer

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah on Wednesday warned all Israeli Arabs to leave the port city of Haifa so the militant group could step up attacks without fear of shedding the blood of fellow Muslims.
Haifa,Israel's third-largest city, has been the frequent target of Hezbollah's rocket attacks.

"I have a special message to the Arabs of Haifa, to your martyrs and to your wounded. I call on you to leave this city. I hope you do this. ... Please leave so we don't shed your blood, which is our blood," Nasrallah said.

The Shiite cleric also gave a deeply negative assessment of the proposal to halt fighting between Israel and Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon in his first comments on a draft U.N. cease-fire resolution.

"The least we can describe this (draft resolution) is as unfair and unjust. It has given Israel more than it wanted and more than it was looking for," he said in a televised speech.

But in a policy shift, Nasrallah said the guerrilla organization was solidly behind a Lebanese government plan to deploy 15,000 soldiers in south Lebanon if a cease-fire is reached and Israel pulls out its forces.

"In the past we used to oppose or not agree on deployment of the army at the borders," the Hezbollah leader said. Now, he said, "we agree on deployment of the army."

Lebanon has been pushing to amend the U.S.-French proposal to require that Israeli withdraw its troops from the south immediately after a cease-fire is agreed. But U.S. envoy David Welch told Prime Minister Fuad Saniora that Israel had rejected the demand.

Nasrallah heaped criticism on the assistant U.S. secretary of state for visiting Beirut Wednesday as the Israel's Security Cabinet decided to expand the ground offensive in southern Lebanon.

"We will be waiting for you at every village, at every valley. Thousands of courageous holy warriors are waiting for you," he warned the Israelis.

Welch's visit to the Lebanese capital, he said, was designed "to terrify the government and the Lebanese to pressure them to accept old-new conditions."

He said the Americans were trying to undermine any attempt at a solution that takes into consideration Lebanese demands and he urged Beirut not to buckle under U.S. pressure.

"I call for political will and steadfastness," he said.

He also said the guerrillas would not falter, promising "We'll keep fighting to the last shot."

Nasrallah said his fighters already had won the conflict by putting up such a fierce fight through the monthlong Israeli onslaught that began after guerrillas captured two Israeli soldiers July 12 in a cross-border mission.

"On the battlefield, we remain steadfast and that in itself is a victory for the resistance, and defeat for the enemy," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this means Israeli civilians going to get killed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lavikor201
08-09-2006, 07:54 PM
How just of him... move out of the way innocent Muslims so we can have a clear concience knowing we are only killing innocent Jews.

aamirsaab
08-09-2006, 07:57 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
How just of him... move out of the way innocent Muslims so we can have a clear concience knowing we are only killing innocent Jews.
Beat me to it.

afriend
08-09-2006, 07:59 PM
;D Might be true

But I think whatever the intention may be...It's something right?

If only Israel did more to get people out of the cities except for just a few flyers from the sky in a few cities....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nablus
08-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Nasrullah go on wipe Israel and those setllers

العين بالعين والسن بالسن والبادي اظلم

Kidman
08-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Ok... Its all phycological warfare... He aimed it at the Arabs intentionally, because he knows the Jews would listen and once heard they will too leave. It's not like he is keeping it a secret from the Jews...

But hey, this might be over your biased heads, so I wont even argue... just know that everyone heard the call, not just the Arabs, and Nasrallah meant for everyone to hear. But of course you all believe what you want to believe.

Kidman

Isaac
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
well if he had planes he would drop paper. Unlike israel, drop paper and at the same time bombs. And its obvious what gona hit the floor quicker - a 100lb missile or an A4 piece of paper. I just heard that israel is or has moved 30,000 troops to push towards the litani river. Did i hear wrong that hezballah has around 2,000 fighters or did i hear wright?

lavikor201
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Ok... Its all phycological warfare... He aimed it at the Arabs intentionally, because he knows the Jews would listen and once heard they will too leave. It's not like he is keeping it a secret from the Jews...

But hey, this might be over your biased heads, so I wont even argue... just know that everyone heard the call, not just the Arabs, and Nasrallah meant for everyone to hear. But of course you all believe what you want to believe.

Kidman
Trying to justify a Murderer... I can't even continue.

Kidman
08-09-2006, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Trying to justify a Murderer... I can't even continue.
Nah, i'm trying to charge a murderer, ISRAEL.

Kidman

abdmez
08-09-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Nah, i'm trying to charge a murderer, ISRAEL.

Kidman
Both sides are at fault. Don't hold any double standards.

Kidman
08-09-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm done arguing on posts, i will pm you. we can dialog there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.