/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What the IDF didn't want us to see

rubiesand
08-09-2006, 11:13 PM
'If it weren't for a courageous act by Israel's Channel 2, this video from CBC News would never have been aired.'

link

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lavikor201
08-09-2006, 11:20 PM
If you understand Hebrew than you know that the soldier clearly did not say what the reporter translated him to say.

Thats ridiculous that they would lie about what someone would say like that.

Terrible.

azim
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
If you understand Hebrew than you know that the soldier clearly did not say what the reporter translated him to say.

Thats ridiculous that they would lie about what someone would say like that.

Terrible.
We don't know Hebrew, perhaps you can translate what he actually said for us.

lavikor201
08-09-2006, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
We don't know Hebrew, perhaps you can translate what he actually said for us.
He said the he wishes they could leave and he doesn't understand. he also says it is nasty and dirty there, and he is a good jewish boy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azim
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
So in no way, shape or form did he say:

"I don't know what we're doing here. Purification maybe, its dirty here, I don't know why a good hebrew boy should be here so far from his home".

Keep in mind that I will be double-checking this.

lavikor201
08-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Check it out.

I never heard the word 'purification' in there.

he spoke about a Hebrew boy, yells, nasty and dirty things, and something about culture.

azim
08-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Check it out.

I never heard the word 'purification' in there.

he spoke about a Hebrew boy, yells, nasty and dirty things, and something about culture.
So do you not speak Hebrew confidently and fluently enough to give a line by line translation?

rubiesand
08-09-2006, 11:43 PM
That's not quite what you said a few minutes ago. Maybe someone could give us a second opinion.

lavikor201
08-09-2006, 11:44 PM
I speak hebrew, his speech is in the backround from the voice, and i have a terrible speaker system.

He does not say the word 'purification' at all.

azim
08-09-2006, 11:46 PM
I speak hebrew, his speech is in the backround from the voice, and i have a terrible speaker system.

He does not say the word 'purification' at all.
What about the subs?

lavikor201
08-09-2006, 11:49 PM
The word for purification is 'tihur'

he does not say 'tihur' at all.

he says everything else, he does not say they are there for 'purification'

the word 'tihur' is not in the subs or in the speech that i could hear.

azim
08-09-2006, 11:56 PM
The word for purification is 'tihur'

he does not say 'tihur' at all.

he says everything else, he does not say they are there for 'purification'

the word 'tihur' is not in the subs or in the speech that i could hear.
You've changed your position from the earlier posts, but nevermind, I'm just waiting to get a brother I know who speaks fluent hebrew to translate for me.

PS: On an interesting side not, the word for purification in Arabic is 'tahir', same root in hebrew I'm guessing.

lavikor201
08-09-2006, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
You've changed your position from the earlier posts, but nevermind, I'm just waiting to get a brother I know who speaks fluent hebrew to translate for me.

PS: On an interesting side not, the word for purification in Arabic is 'tahir', same root in hebrew I'm guessing.

You can check it all you want.

The man speaking English makes the soldier say purification which he does not. Making the soldier out to be an ethnic cleanser which he is not.

azim
08-10-2006, 12:02 AM
You can check it all you want.

The man speaking English makes the soldier say purification which he does not. Making the soldier out to be an ethnic cleanser which he is not.
Okay, I'll leave the word 'purification' until I get my second opinion, if the word is in there I'll be sure to tell you where.

Although you said that the soldier says: -

He said the he wishes they could leave, and that he does not understand these peoples culture why they yell nasty things about him being a jewish boy.
Do you still stand by that as well?

Specifically, do you still claim that he said the people yell 'nasty things about him being a jewish boy'?

lavikor201
08-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Yes.

He mentions that he wants to leave this dirty place and doesnt know what he is doing there People yell nasty/dirty things. And about how he is just a good jewish boy.

azim
08-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Yes.

He mentions that he wants to leave this dirty place and doesnt know what he is doing there People yell nasty/dirty things. And he is just a good jewish boy.
What you said above is VERY different from what is said below

He said the he wishes they could leave, and that he does not understand these peoples culture why they yell nasty things about him being a jewish boy.
One is just people shouting, the over is anti-semitism.

You claim he's being unfairly labelled an ethnic-cleanser yet you delibrately labelled the people he interacted with anit-semitic and racist.

Perhaps I'm being pedantic about semantics but this is exactly what we're talking about anyway.

lavikor201
08-10-2006, 12:14 AM
no they never said 'about' him... he said they said and this place was dirty, and then he talks about that he is just a good jewish boy.

azim
08-10-2006, 12:16 AM
no they never said 'about' him... he said they said and this place was dirty, and then he talks about that he is just a good jewish boy.
I was quoting you, but I guess we all make mistakes.

Anyway, I can't believe how active this forum is 1:15am (in the UK anyway).

Good night bro. I'm off to bed.

lavikor201
08-10-2006, 12:20 AM
The outrage in the story was that they tore through peoples homes and recked damage and never found anything.

The soldier never spoke about 'purification' in the term of ethnic cleansing.

I was quoting you, but I guess we all make mistakes.
i made a mistake before i will edit.

rubiesand
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lavikor
The outrage in the story was that they tore through peoples homes and recked damage and never found anything.

Is wrecking homes and smashing through walls not something the IDF do regularly? If it's so outrageous to do that, why hasn't it been stopped?

In the West, delaying an ambulance to a mortally wounded woman would be a scandal, perhaps not in Isreal.

r0ma
08-10-2006, 10:05 AM
None the less its a disgusting act against humanity.

The translation comes across as if the soldier is too good to be in there place because he is a good hebrew. The translation is questionable tho as lavikor has stated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.