/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weekly talks

Khaldun
01-02-2005, 02:58 AM
Assalamu Alykum

I think us brothers should follow the example set by our sisters at the college and organise some sort of weekly talks, I know we got Jummuah and everything mashAllah, but holding something short a reminder, in english which inshAllah could benefit soooo many brothers. What do you guys think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
01-07-2005, 09:40 PM
i think that would be great.

but - which topic do we start on?
do we take it in turns?

good idea tho..
will have 2 think more on this matter.

must revise now
must pass exams
must revise....

kadafi
01-07-2005, 11:04 PM
:sl:

Not a bad thought. As brother aamirsaab pointed out, perhaps it's a good idea to initate this plan after the exmas.

Wa'salaam

aamirsaab
01-07-2005, 11:55 PM
lol i didnt mean do it after exams :P

when i said ''must revise'' i was making a little joke out of the fact taht i had not been revising :D

but i understand what u mean - so yeah do it after exams - that way i can concentrate more on it :P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
WomanOfJihad
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
mashAllah..thats a realy great idea.i dnt think weekly talks happen in any other colleges? ( correct me if i m wrng) .... well i think the sisters have ben doin it for a long tym ??

* Wonders wat kind of talkss take place*

* could give sum tips on how to prepare a speech* 8-)

Omar_Farouk
01-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Assalaamualaykum,

brother Khaldun is the most knowledgable mashAllah and is our superior, so i think he should hold the talks 10 mins before jumma every week just to start off. Then we can increase it later as more people come. (during the week).

Alhamdulillah wer gettin more people coming for Zohar everyday.

lets see what happens after exams inshAllah. please make dua for me. Last exams on thursday. wasalaam.

kadafi
01-11-2005, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omar_Farouk
Assalaamualaykum,

brother Khaldun is the most knowledgable mashAllah and is our superior, so i think he should hold the talks 10 mins before jumma every week just to start off. Then we can increase it later as more people come. (during the week).
Indeed,

Khaldun
01-11-2005, 10:25 PM

please brothers remember that the person ppl points towards sayin he is learned etc....is often the one with lowest imaan and 3amal....not to mention 'Ilm....keep that in mind dear brothers :)

aamirsaab
01-12-2005, 10:41 AM
lol u getting shy? :) jus kidding

nah i dont mind who gives the talk - just not me - i get stage fright big time and i tend 2 mutter a lot. also its kinda hard 2 look upto some1 when they are a lot smaller than you :P

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 06:09 PM

Since brothers and sisters in regent are working hard on getting people to a right track .. y nt decide a day for an hour talk (Naseeha, causes of Fitnah, how ONe can Improove ) ..where every1 in regent can cum together and listen to it...
i m sure there must b loads of brothers n sisters out there who would b interested ... or try getting feedbaks from them whether they would like an HOUR talk every week .. inshAllah ..

* THEY BETTER BE INTERSTED or else.... *

:w:

Brother_Mujahid
01-25-2005, 11:13 PM
a group discussion would be good........ i think if the turn outs good which im sure it will......... get a separate room for discussion for both bros and sisters

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 11:26 PM

ye well discussions thats a great idea too.. u cud do both ..try doin a survey in REgent that way you brothers n sisters wil get to know wat they r mostly interested in .. n according to that try n take sum actions .. INshAllah.. if any1 is willing to do that then .. it wil b beneficial (Allahu Alim)

Brother_Mujahid
01-25-2005, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

ye well discussions thats a great idea too.. u cud do both ..try doin a survey in REgent that way you brothers n sisters wil get to know wat they r mostly interested in .. n according to that try n take sum actions .. INshAllah.. if any1 is willing to do that then .. it wil b beneficial (Allahu Alim)

i dont think theres a need for questionaire or surveys. if you have an idea you go ahead with it. hopefully if the turn outs good then you carry on. if on the other hand it is small you try to build on that and encourage/spread the word and hopefully it can grow bigger.

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 11:54 PM
* definately wud have dun that if she was in regent *

*might pik on UMMATE n CO *

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.