/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 15 die in bloody new offensive

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-10-2006, 01:49 AM

15 die in bloody new offensive

Fifteen Israeli soldiers died in a single day of fighting today, the army's highest single-day losses in the month-old war with Hezbollah militants.

The deaths came as Israel expanded its ground offensive in southern lebanon, which Hezbollah's leader has vowed to turn into a graveyard for IDF troops.

Israel TV said some of the 15 dead and 38 wounded were reservists, and the others were from the standing army.

Israeli ground troops pushed further into southern Lebanon today, but the Israeli army said the new push was not planned to exceed the current area of operations.

"This new operation falls within the geographical framework already established," said an army spokesman, Captain Jacob Dallal.

He said tanks and troops had crossed into Lebanon in order to quell Hezbollah rocket fire from al-Khiam, a town that has already seen fighting.

Witnesses in Lebanon said Israeli ground troops had reached the village of Qlaya, five kilometres from the border.

Israeli troops have carried out frequent incursions into southern Lebanon in the past four weeks.

World powers are divided on a UN resolution to try to end the four-week war which has claimed 1005 lives in Lebanon and killed 101 Israelis.

"You won't be able to stay in our land, and if you come in, we'll force you out, we will turn our precious southern land into a graveyard for the invading Zionists," Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said in a televised speech.

"We want an end to all the aggression but if there must be a showdown, then we welcome a showdown in the field."

He warned Arab residents of Haifa to leave to avoid being hurt by Hezbollah rocket attacks on the Israeli city.

Israeli television and Lebanese witnesses said armoured columns were moving into southern Lebanon under cover of intensive artillery fire. The Israeli army said the push was to quell Hezbollah rocket fire from the town of al-Khiam and would not go beyond the current area of military operations.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's security cabinet authorised a plan to send troops further, possibly to the Litani river, up to 20 kilometres from the border. A senior political source said the expanded offensive could last 30 days.

US State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said Israel had a right to defend itself from Hezbollah but that Washington was very concerned about the humanitarian situation and Israel "must take the utmost care" to avoid civilian casualties.

The Israeli move could complicate UN diplomacy to halt the fighting, though Western diplomats said Israeli officials had assured them the army was prepared to halt the wider campaign within days if an agreement was reached at the United Nations.

There has been mounting domestic pressure in Israel to strike harder against Hezbollah, which has proved unexpectedly resilient against the Middle East's most sophisticated army.

A Tel Aviv University poll showed 93 percent of Israelis believed the campaign in Lebanon was justified, and 91 percent backed the air strikes even if they destroyed Lebanese infrastructure and inflicted suffering on civilians.

REUTERS

"Allah is our ally and you have no ally. Our dead go to Paradise and yours go to Hell, and how bad is their fate."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Forgot to mention the 30 Hezbollah fighters who were confirmed dead as well. Also the fact that they accomplished there mission.

afriend
08-10-2006, 01:55 AM
I think the most 'sophisticated' army in the middle east isn't so 'sophisticated' anymore....What do you say? eh? I mean come on...I mean, they're not even a military, they're like....guerrilas/militias....Not even an organised military....But still no success after 2 weeks+ of fighting...I think the Israeli army has lost it's spark....Like I always say....too many cooks spoil the broth ;)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-10-2006, 01:55 AM
The point of posting this was the part in bold plus color. That shows the pure hatred the Isreali people have for innocent civilians. Why? Simply because they are muslim. I wonder how our muslim brothers can support Isreal after such evidences are brought forth of the hatred they have for us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
I think the most 'sophisticated' army in the middle east isn't so 'sophisticated' anymore....What do you say? eh? I mean come on...I mean, they're not even a military, they're like....guerrilas/militias....Not even an organised military....But still no success after 2 weeks+ of fighting...I think the Israeli army has lost it's spark....Like I always say....too many cooks spoil the broth ;)
Well no organized army can fight them. You have to be a guerilla to fight them sucessfully.

To fight an offensive war against israel... well all the arab armies combined dont have the strength.

Every israeli has military training and weapons.

You would literally have to fight to the last man and women. The only ones who dont have army training are the religious students.

afriend
08-10-2006, 01:59 AM
oh jolly good show!

and how posh do you feel today? har har har har....

Sorry...feeling slightly hyper :hiding:

My point I'm trying to make is, Israel should have dun 'n' dusted these guys by now....

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 02:02 AM
The point of posting this was the part in bold plus color. That shows the pure hatred the Isreali people have for innocent civilians. Why? Simply because they are muslim. I wonder how our muslim brothers can support Isreal after such evidences are brought forth of the hatred they have for us.
Please. If Israel truly did not care about Muslims they would have finished off Hezbollah weeks ago completly wiping Lebonon from the map.

But instead they fight house to hosue because they do not want to bomb and possibly kill innocent.

Unlike Hezbollah who just fire rockets in the air and hope they hit schools and buses.

Hey Ahmed give us the link to a credible source on that quote.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-10-2006, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Please. If Israel truly did not care about Muslims they would have finished off Hezbollah weeks ago completly wiping Lebonon from the map.

But instead they fight house to hosue because they do not want to bomb and possibly kill innocent.

Unlike Hezbollah who just fire rockets in the air and hope they hit schools and buses.
"OUR RACE IS THE MASTER RACE. WE ARE DIVINE GODS ON THIS PLANET. WE ARE AS DIFFERENT FROM THE INFERIOR RACES AS THEY ARE FROM INSECTS. IN FACT, COMPARED TO OUR RACE, OTHER RACES ARE BEASTS AND ANIMALS, CATTLE AT BEST. OTHER RACES ARE CONSIDERED AS HUMAN EXCREMENT. OUR DESTINY IS TO RULE OVER THE INFERIOR RACES. OUR EARTHLY KINGDOM WILL BE RULED BY OUR LEADER WITH A ROD OF IRON. THE MASSES WILL LICK OUR FEET, AND SERVE US AS OUR SLAVES."

Menachem Begin
(Israeli Prime Minister, 1977-1983)
What does that tell you?

afriend
08-10-2006, 02:06 AM
"OUR RACE IS THE MASTER RACE. WE ARE DIVINE GODS ON THIS PLANET. WE ARE AS DIFFERENT FROM THE INFERIOR RACES AS THEY ARE FROM INSECTS. IN FACT, COMPARED TO OUR RACE, OTHER RACES ARE BEASTS AND ANIMALS, CATTLE AT BEST. OTHER RACES ARE CONSIDERED AS HUMAN EXCREMENT. OUR DESTINY IS TO RULE OVER THE INFERIOR RACES. OUR EARTHLY KINGDOM WILL BE RULED BY OUR LEADER WITH A ROD OF IRON. THE MASSES WILL LICK OUR FEET, AND SERVE US AS OUR SLAVES."
And hizbullah were extreme?

And islam was Extreme?

And Bin Laden was Extreme?

And Saddam was extreme? well perhaps not...

And Iran is extreme?

THIS IS A NEW LEVEL OF EXTREME.....That makes all the above......A JOKE man!

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 02:08 AM
What does that tell you?

Still waiting for the quote and the credible source.

You have failed to present it.

mahdisoldier19
08-10-2006, 02:10 AM

Hey Ahmed give us the link to a credible source on that quote.

Yes but that would mean all the Other Islamic countries Deeply involved, Israel is not stupid, corrupt but not stupid. Dont you have any common sense?

And who just sold over 6 billion dollars of weapons to Israel. Cough* Mr.Bush*Coughs*

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Still waiting for the quote and the credible source.

You have failed to present it.
I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.
— Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon

Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves.
— Israeli Prime Minister Menechem Begin

One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail.
— Rabbi Yaacov Perrin (NY Daily News, Feb. 28, 1994, p.6)

Feel Free to look it up yourself.

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed
I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.
— Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon

Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves.
— Israeli Prime Minister Menechem Begin

One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail.
— Rabbi Yaacov Perrin (NY Daily News, Feb. 28, 1994, p.6)

Feel Free to look it up yourself.
False quote warning.....:thumbs_up

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 02:14 AM
You were the ones who posted it, why dont you give us the source and prove to us that your not just copy and pasting from an anti-jewish hate site.

afriend
08-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Oh lord it's all true......Search a portion of/whole of any text....you will see it everywhere.....

Holy......That must make Israelis, hungry, blood sucking turtles :omg:

Keltoi
08-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Here is a link to many false quotes attributed to Israeli leaders and Zionists

http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=7&x_issue=21

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-10-2006, 02:16 AM
You were the ones who posted it, why dont you give us the source and prove to us that your not just copy and pasting from an anti-jewish hate site.
LOL. Please man. I gave you the exact location where that quote is located. Look it up yourself. Or take it as false. It doesnt bother me. The citation is there. Anyone can look it up.

ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 02:18 AM
Oh yes. What a reliable source.

The Chinese Swastika Newsletter was the first to report it!!!!

http://www.bamboo-delight.com/Newsle...31204_2_38.txt

Check out to see these myths put in the mouths of Jewish leaders by anti-semities

Click Here: False Quotes of Jewish Leaders, made up by jew haters

afriend
08-10-2006, 02:44 AM
You will find that it is highly biassed.....And some are replied by saying:

"the new york times didn't have anything" We know that New York Times don't want any bad publicity.....Also, I am trying to get news reports from that very date, from those publishers to see if there may be anything on their archives.....History has taught me to question and research everything.

Dahir
08-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Oh yes. What a reliable source.

The Chinese Swastika Newsletter was the first to report it!!!!

http://www.bamboo-delight.com/Newsle...31204_2_38.txt

Check out to see these myths put in the mouths of Jewish leaders by anti-semities

Anti-Semites won't listen! They want to believe that Israel is bad, its part of their campaign to hate, they can't love, that's all!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.