/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mooches!

mlsh27
08-10-2006, 08:58 AM
I am really angered by so many other Muslim college students I know, and mainly the ones that are born Muslims. I don't understand why they don't take responsibility for anything except for their school work and occasional cleaning. Most of the born Muslims I know have everything paid for!!! I don't understand why their parents let them get away with it...all it does is delay maturity. It doesn't matter if the parents can pay for everything, they shouldn't! When one is done with high school it is time to grow up and stop depending on mommy and daddy so much. I can understand if parents want to help out, but the child should bear some of the financial burden. I know some that are even Islamically married and the parents still pay for everything! When will they ever grow up if they just keep being babied?:enough!:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
08-10-2006, 09:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
I know some that are even Islamically married and the parents still pay for everything! When will they ever grow up if they just keep being babied?:enough!:
:sl:

wow cool!

isnt that the females islamic right anyway? that paretns/husband have to provide for her?:rollseyes

cant say much for the guys though.. ^o)

mlsh27
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

wow cool!

isnt that the females islamic right anyway? that paretns/husband have to provide for her?:rollseyes

cant say much for the guys though.. ^o)
The husband should provide, but I don't understand how one would go from being fully parent funded to completely self-sufficient and having to support 2, not 1. I think it's useless if the parents pay for everything. I think when one is in college they should have some sort of financial responsibility. It's not hard to handle school and a 10-15 hour a week job!!!!!! It's sad because I feel so much older than the other sisters whose parents pay for everything because they have not had to grow up.

Nawal89
08-10-2006, 12:42 PM
sometimes seeing those kind of people irritate me too. No sense of responsibility. Even though i still live with my parents, I take my own responsibilities. Like since i work, i buy my own clothing, help with the groceries and all that. My dad sorta bought us up that way. May Allah bless him Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vaseline
08-10-2006, 01:39 PM
My sister's at uni and married. And my mum helps her out nearly everyday [phonecalls, visits on the weekends etc. she has her own house]. I've seen her stressed with both marriage and uni life. It's not as easy as it looks. My mum also said to me that this is a time where it's important to help and support my sister because of what she's going through so she doesn't feel isolated and lonely from the family she used to live with [we have a big household and the sudden move to your own house after marriage with only two people makes one feel pretty lonely...]

I don't think it's being "babied", it's called giving support to your child and showing that they're not alone. Sure the parents shouldn't be helping them out forever, only to start it off to help get their child[ren] on their own feet. After a while, as their income steadily increases, as well as the time they need, then the parents should start to back off but not as soon as the child gets married ^o)

Daffodil
08-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Asalamulaikum

I personaly have yet to see this.

The parents that do help their children financialy are just supporting them, if theyve got the money why not? I wouldnt call it being babied either, its called being supportive.

If thats what they wanna do, so what, let them, who cares.

Women are meant to be supported by their mehram anyways, be it their fathers or husbands or brothers etc.

U seem to think that if u pay for stuff ur self that means ur "grown up" Thats not how it works sis. When u pay for ur self that just means u pay for ur own stuff n are more independant.

Its natural in asian families for the parents to support their children because they live their lives for their children. n they dnt want to see them struggling.

If the parents can afford to pay for their children, why not, they will get rewarded for it inshallah if they giv it with the intention of charity. So if thats what they wanna do, so be it, let them do what they want with their money.

azim
08-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I am really angered by so many other Muslim college students I know, and mainly the ones that are born Muslims. I don't understand why they don't take responsibility for anything except for their school work and occasional cleaning. Most of the born Muslims I know have everything paid for!!! I don't understand why their parents let them get away with it...all it does is delay maturity. It doesn't matter if the parents can pay for everything, they shouldn't! When one is done with high school it is time to grow up and stop depending on mommy and daddy so much. I can understand if parents want to help out, but the child should bear some of the financial burden. I know some that are even Islamically married and the parents still pay for everything! When will they ever grow up if they just keep being babied?:enough!:
Why specifically Muslim? Isn't this the case with just rich people in general, whether Muslim, Sikh, Atheist, whatever. The kids usually get pampered and paid for.

afriend
08-10-2006, 05:12 PM
lol...I've seen some who are 16 and still get spoon fed...literally....just not as far as spoon fed ;D

mlsh27
08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Why specifically Muslim? Isn't this the case with just rich people in general, whether Muslim, Sikh, Atheist, whatever. The kids usually get pampered and paid for.
From what I have seen yes, it's the Muslim students who seem the most immature. I know people whose parents try to pay for everything, but the kids won't let them because they understand that it's their responsibility to take care of themselves. The very few that I know whose parents pay for everything still act more mature than the Muslims I know who have the same.

amirah_87
08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
as salaamu alaykum,

Arrrggh I can't stand it either!!..:heated:
Iqram i've seen a 15-16 yr old being spoon fed..a male aswell!!... it was the most disgusting site that i'd witnesssed..
the mother treated them like kids, so..they'd act like ones....crying for milk...urinatin' on their beds!! :heated:
Na'uudbillah min dhaalik!!
it's too much pampering that's what it is...alhamdulillah my mum's not like that...we're taught our own independence and how to fend for yourselves..although i still live with my mother!!
....actually :X all my family say my mum spoils us...and the truth is she kinda does!! :hiding: :X
not to the spoon feedin' extent though!!

A bit of pampering is not bad though is it :? :hiding:

afriend
08-10-2006, 05:34 PM
A bit of pampering is not bad though is it
If it was bad.....Children will be turning into robots.....with no feelings....Do you want that huh?

To a certain extent it's ok....

I fail to understand why kids these days are just.....jeez so spoilt...

mlsh27
08-10-2006, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vaseline
My sister's at uni and married. And my mum helps her out nearly everyday [phonecalls, visits on the weekends etc. she has her own house]. I've seen her stressed with both marriage and uni life. It's not as easy as it looks. My mum also said to me that this is a time where it's important to help and support my sister because of what she's going through so she doesn't feel isolated and lonely from the family she used to live with [we have a big household and the sudden move to your own house after marriage with only two people makes one feel pretty lonely...]

I don't think it's being "babied", it's called giving support to your child and showing that they're not alone. Sure the parents shouldn't be helping them out forever, only to start it off to help get their child[ren] on their own feet. After a while, as their income steadily increases, as well as the time they need, then the parents should start to back off but not as soon as the child gets married ^o)
Trust me, I know it's hard to be married and at college at the same time. It's ok to be supportive, but a line needs to be drawn. However, I think it is completely wrong for your mom to financially help your sister since she is married. I know it's hard to make ends meet, but it's definitely possible. How are you supposed to be a mature wife if your mom is still paying for stuff?

afriend
08-10-2006, 05:37 PM
What kind of mother would desert their child.......sometimes there is no other choice....

amirah_87
08-10-2006, 05:41 PM
as salaamu alaykum,

If it was bad.....Children will be turning into robots.....with no feelings....Do you want that huh?
To a certain extent it's ok....
I guess some mothers can help it...it's just something they have in them from their nature!!

but yeah there should be limits!!..

Pampering i think beats neglection anyday!!

mlsh27
08-10-2006, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
What kind of mother would desert their child.......sometimes there is no other choice....
She doesn't have to desert them...that's not what I am saying, but she shouldn't reat them like they are still children. For example, I am married and go to school. Neither my parents nor his help out financially, even though we barely get by... and I am happy they don't! Part of growing up is finding ways to pay bills and generally making ends meet for awhile....but it's better than my parents or his helping out...how would that help us learn how to handle our money when whenever we had a hard time there was always someone to dig us out?!?!?

afriend
08-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah...I guess.....

amirah_87
08-10-2006, 05:53 PM
She doesn't have to desert them...that's not what I am saying, but she shouldn't reat them like they are still children. For example, I am married and go to school. Neither my parents nor his help out financially, even though we barely get by... and I am happy they don't! Part of growing up is finding ways to pay bills and generally making ends meet for awhile....but it's better than my parents or his helping out...how would that help us learn how to handle our money when whenever we had a hard time there was always someone to dig us out?!?!?
as salaamu alaykum,

Same here..in our house me and my eldest sister cope on our own!!...we help with bills and all shopping..etc!!
but when we're stuck...... we do ask our mum!!
in your case i guess it's a lil' different, cause your married and your husband's providing for you..what about those who are single!!??
I personally don't see what's wrong with abit of parental support!!

mlsh27
08-10-2006, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
as salaamu alaykum,

Same here..in our house me and my eldest sister cope on our own!!...we help with bills and all shopping..etc!!
but when we're stuck...... we do ask our mum!!
in your case i guess it's a lil' different, cause your married and your husband's providing for you..what about those who are single!!??
I think when you graduate, it's ok if parents help out financially, as long as they don't pay for everything. It's very important to learn how to handle money and manage time with school and a small job. It's just a way to gradually grow up because what happens if your parents pay for everything and when you get married or graduate college or whatever they stop paying? How will you know what to do? Also why prolong the child's independence and maturity? I know most mothers do not want their kids to grow up, but that doesn't mean they should help hold them back.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-10-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum

I personaly have yet to see this.

The parents that do help their children financialy are just supporting them, if theyve got the money why not? I wouldnt call it being babied either, its called being supportive.

If thats what they wanna do, so what, let them, who cares.

Women are meant to be supported by their mehram anyways, be it their fathers or husbands or brothers etc.

U seem to think that if u pay for stuff ur self that means ur "grown up" Thats not how it works sis. When u pay for ur self that just means u pay for ur own stuff n are more independant.

Its natural in asian families for the parents to support their children because they live their lives for their children. n they dnt want to see them struggling.

If the parents can afford to pay for their children, why not, they will get rewarded for it inshallah if they giv it with the intention of charity. So if thats what they wanna do, so be it, let them do what they want with their money.
Yeah same, I don't see the problem as long as they are willing to help their parents throughout times of need and know their responsibilities. I think it is better for parenst to help ou their kids because it keeps that bond rather then to just kick them out at 18 and make them face the big bad world on their own. There should be limits and you shouldn't let the kids get to spoilt but if the parents choice is to help out then i dont see nothing wrong with it.

Vaseline
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Trust me, I know it's hard to be married and at college at the same time. It's ok to be supportive, but a line needs to be drawn. However, I think it is completely wrong for your mom to financially help your sister since she is married. I know it's hard to make ends meet, but it's definitely possible. How are you supposed to be a mature wife if your mom is still paying for stuff?
Both her husband and herself are at uni so they both have to pay uni fees, which they do not have enough money for [and if they did, they would be saving up money for future use eg. childcare for their future children (which is expensive down here, everything is!)].

One thing you have to realise sis, and Daffodil mentioned it above, maturity is not to do with being married and being able to pay off your financial loans. Ok, maybe the people you have seen are immature but now you're generalising here. What do you define as a mature wife? Just being able to pay for yourself? You're only looking at it from one perspective sis. You can still be a mature wife while your mum is supporting you.

Looking4Peace
08-10-2006, 10:25 PM
wow , I didnt know parents helping you with money and loans for college was being pampered, sorry but even though i work its still hard for a student to work and pay for the whole thing themselves, especially that before having a college degree what do we make minimum wage or maybe a few bucks over?, even if i saved every penny i still wouldnt be able to fork over all the bill, i guess i should feel pathetic for my parents paying some? NOT, especially that i am more then willing to help them out when bills get tight? I dont think so, i think your complaints are rather harsh and maybe you should stop worrying about everyone else.

Vaseline
08-10-2006, 10:26 PM
...she shouldn't reat them like they are still children... Neither my parents nor his help out financially, even though we barely get by... and I am happy they don't! Part of growing up is finding ways to pay bills
That's not part of growing up. Growing up is when you have physically and mentally matured. What you are saying is gaining independence from your parents. There is a big difference. Helping your married daughter/son out isn't treating them like children either. You may be happy that you're parents don't support you but it depends on the individual's situation. I know many girl's would be appreciated that their parents are helping them out in the first few steps of marriage life.

Looking4Peace
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Also I did live on my own for a little while and then i moved back in so i wouldnt have to work as much because my gpa fell big time when i was working 40+ hrs a week and taking 18 credits of hard core courses, double majoring too might i add, stop being so hard on people, also they appreciate the help around the house with cleaning and the little ones, I think you look at things very one sided. :enough!: :enough!:

also stop comparing yourself to others, you are married so there are 2 incomes right, im sure you have it easier then me when i lived alone working over 40 hrs a week to afford an expensive rent in nyc, you also arent taking into consideration that where i live you have to work alot to afford rent, so maybe im still at home for these reasons, Now my gpa is back to normal, I still work part time, I am single and i am not iiresponsible.

BlissfullyJaded
08-10-2006, 10:34 PM

You don't know the situation unless you are in the family. You think you do, but not necessarily so. There are brothers who try to get a job, but they are turned down time and time again. Its not that easy on them. I agree, the affluent families are soft on their kids. But you have to understand why. The parents most probably had it tough, and they wanted their children to have it easier. And you still can't know what hardships the kids are going through, because rich people hide more as their pride is more. :)

My brothers have had jobs, but when they needed help, my dad gave it to them. Thats what parents do. They don't let their kids suffer it out and burn themselves out over school bills. That said, my family is not rich. Alhamdulillah.

mlsh27
08-11-2006, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
wow , I didnt know parents helping you with money and loans for college was being pampered, sorry but even though i work its still hard for a student to work and pay for the whole thing themselves, especially that before having a college degree what do we make minimum wage or maybe a few bucks over?, even if i saved every penny i still wouldnt be able to fork over all the bill, i guess i should feel pathetic for my parents paying some? NOT, especially that i am more then willing to help them out when bills get tight? I dont think so, i think your complaints are rather harsh and maybe you should stop worrying about everyone else.
Salam,
I don't think you read what I wrote...I never said they shouldn't pay for anything..here is what I said:
I think when you graduate, it's ok if parents help out financially, as long as they don't pay for everything. It's very important to learn how to handle money and manage time with school and a small job. It's just a way to gradually grow up because what happens if your parents pay for everything and when you get married or graduate college or whatever they stop paying? How will you know what to do? Also why prolong the child's independence and maturity? I know most mothers do not want their kids to grow up, but that doesn't mean they should help hold them back.

Malaikah
08-11-2006, 07:56 AM
From what I have seen yes, it's the Muslim students who seem the most immature.

interestingly enough... the other day i was just telling my friend how much more mature the muslim students at my uni seem compared to the non-muslims..

knowing how to handle money doesnt exactly make you mature.. :?

lolwatever
08-11-2006, 07:58 AM
^^ very true, more interestingly, it's the practicing Muslims who are the MOST mature. The rest.. they're just scum (in general lol).

salams

Vaseline
08-11-2006, 08:38 AM
It depends on how you are brought up. Obviously, you are brought up to fend for yourself as soon as you leave high school. I don't know about you but the way I was brought up was not as an individual, but as a community. Yes, I am an individual myself, but the environment I live in is close-knit where the extended family acts as the community and where commmunity overrides individuality.

Cultural influence comes strongly into play here.

Which is very different from your culture.

mlsh27
08-11-2006, 08:39 AM
I think it depends on how you are brought up. Obviously, you are brought up to fend for yourself as soon as you leave high school. I don't know about you but the way I was brought up was not as an individual, but as a community. Yes, I am an individual myself, but the environment I live in is a close-knit family where the extended family acts as the community and where commmunity overrides individuality. I think a bit of cultural influence come sinto play here.
I agree...I think it has a lot to do with culture.

Vaseline
08-11-2006, 08:41 AM
I agree...I think it has a lot to do with culture.
Glad to see we agree on one thing =)

mlsh27
08-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Glad to see we agree on one thing =)
I wouldn't say that as soon as I graduated high school I was left high and dry. My parents instilled at an early age the importance of being independent. I have had chores and an allowance based on the chores I did since I could practically walk. Both my parents have full time jobs, so my brother, sister, and I generally cooked for ourselves when we were of age...meaning like 5th grade and up. Once I moved up to middle school, it meant packing my own lunch for balancing the $10/week to buy food at school. In high school, when it was time to drive, I picked up a second job so I could pay for car insurance and gas. Many would think this would affect my grades, but I pretty much got straight A's. Once college hit, I had the oppurtunity to live at home, but chose not to even though I knew that I would have to pretty much pay for everything. I did move home for 6months to save up money for marriage and bills that come with that. I am thankful that my parents never charged rent-they say it's the way they can help since they don't have a lot of disposable income. My parents do give me a couple hundred a semester to help with tuition and my Mom occasionally helps with groceries or clothes. I am glad I grew up independent and have a hard time befriending those who aren't very independent because it feels like we are in different places in life...

lolwatever
08-11-2006, 08:56 AM
^^ actually sis... Islamically parent's shouldn't make their kids obey them by making them attached to wordly things... for example, many parents encourage their kids to learn Quran by saying "you get a lolly if u do so and so, if you memorise this i giv u 10 dollars"... so instead of learning sincerity from an early age, they learn to be attached to money and gifts instead... so when they get older and there's no financial incentives.. they peel out..

same goes with obedience to parents and all thse other traits... to be quite frank, the companions kids where veeery mature (just erad about the younger ones and what htey use to do at such a young age)... and i think we all agree their parents couldnt afford to pay them a dinar for everytime they do something.. and the parents use to provide for them and all... yet they where very mature and mentally prepared for life realities...

im not saying kids shouldn't learn how to handle thing son their own, but i'm more picking on the point about 'paying kids to obey you' and that sorta thing..

with Muslims.. i think maturity comes from how serious they take life as a whole, rather than learnign how to pay bills... may sound like a generalisation, .. but one of my friends from dubai, he tells me that the sons of the ministers there work for themselves... yet the stuff they do and the wastefulness is just disgraceful. Not very mature either.

salamz

Vaseline
08-11-2006, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't say that as soon as I graduated high school I was left high and dry. My parents instilled at an early age the importance of being independent. I have had chores and an allowance based on the chores I did since I could practically walk. Both my parents have full time jobs, so my brother, sister, and I generally cooked for ourselves when we were of age...meaning like 5th grade and up. Once I moved up to middle school, it meant packing my own lunch for balancing the $10/week to buy food at school. In high school, when it was time to drive, I picked up a second job so I could pay for car insurance and gas. Many would think this would affect my grades, but I pretty much got straight A's. Once college hit, I had the oppurtunity to live at home, but chose not to even though I knew that I would have to pretty much pay for everything. I did move home for 6months to save up money for marriage and bills that come with that. I am thankful that my parents never charged rent-they say it's the way they can help since they don't have a lot of disposable income. My parents do give me a couple hundred a semester to help with tuition and my Mom occasionally helps with groceries or clothes. I am glad I grew up independent and have a hard time befriending those who aren't very independent because it feels like we are in different places in life...
I'm the complete opposite. We still did chores [I used to sweep the stairs every morning before going off to primary school [started at 9], which stopped at high school since I had to catch the bus at 8] but we really didn't get any pocket allowance. My mother was a stay-home mum and helped my dad out at his work a few days a week oherwise she's at home doing what stay at home mums do. My parents did not allow me to get a job so I could focus on my studies [even though I drove to school everyday].

I could go on, but I really don't want to spill out my life story :playing:

So we are from very two different cultures, wouldn't you say? ;)

:peace:

Vaseline

Vaseline
08-11-2006, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
with Muslims.. i think maturity comes from how serious they take life as a whole, rather than learnign how to pay bills... may sound like a generalisation..
salamz
I completely agree :thumbs_up

It's just about being physically and mentally grown up.

SirZubair
08-11-2006, 09:09 AM
I am 22. I am not married. I still live at home.

50% by choice, 50% because my parents need me to stay with them.

My dads business requires alot of people, so i have to help out before and after work, that is why i am required to be around alot. :brother:

Insha'allah after i am married, if my wife doesn't want to work outside in 'the real world', she can always work in my dads shop.

He owns a Post office/ Bank.

mlsh27
08-11-2006, 09:12 AM
^^ actually sis... Islamically parent's shouldn't make their kids obey them by making them attached to wordly things... for example, many parents encourage their kids to learn Quran by saying "you get a lolly if u do so and so, if you memorise this i giv u 10 dollars"... so instead of learning sincerity from an early age, they learn to be attached to money and gifts instead... so when they get older and there's no financial incentives.. they peel out..

same goes with obedience to parents and all thse other traits... to be quite frank, the companions kids where veeery mature (just erad about the younger ones and what htey use to do at such a young age)... and i think we all agree their parents couldnt afford to pay them a dinar for everytime they do something.. and the parents use to provide for them and all... yet they where very mature and mentally prepared for life realities...

im not saying kids shouldn't learn how to handle thing son their own, but i'm more picking on the point about 'paying kids to obey you' and that sorta thing..

with Muslims.. i think maturity comes from how serious they take life as a whole, rather than learnign how to pay bills... may sound like a generalisation, .. but one of my friends from dubai, he tells me that the sons of the ministers there work for themselves... yet the stuff they do and the wastefulness is just disgraceful. Not very mature either.

salamz
I am definitely not attached to wordly things...if that's what you are trying to say. Also, neither of my parents are Muslim...

lolwatever
08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
^^ oh sis stop taking what i say personally man.. lol i didn't mean that AT ALL.

I was just criticising the way parents bring up their kids through that method... i wasn't criticising you.... Trust me when it comes to Islamic stuff, that's the trend with kids who read quran and learn Islam for economic incentives..... doens't apply to you coz your a revert mashalah...

salams

salam

mlsh27
08-11-2006, 09:18 AM
^^ oh sis stop taking what i say personally man.. lol i didn't mean that AT ALL.

I was just criticising the way parents bring up their kids through that method... i wasn't criticising you.... Trust me when it comes to Islamic stuff, that's the trend with kids who read quran and learn Islam for economic incentives..... doens't apply to you coz your a revert mashalah...

salams

salam
No problems..it's hard to really understand how someone means what they write when it is not spoken...

Vaseline
08-11-2006, 09:27 AM

salams

salam
I think I'm one of those kids [not with the Qur'an though] :p

My parents told me [and I only have a vague memory of it :p] that whenever I showered on the mornings I had to go to pre-school, I would ask for some sort of lolly or chocolate otherwise I refuse to come out of the shower and get dressed :omg: [at our old house, there was a corner shop just a minute away]

lolwatever
08-11-2006, 09:35 AM
^ :haha: lol sis! :D

Vaseline
08-11-2006, 10:54 AM
^ :haha: lol sis! :D
I know eh? Gotta love bribery ;)

mlsh27
08-11-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't remember much about my childhood...but I bet there was some bribery becuase I was a rebellious little kid...but I probably didn't take the bribe...

Vaseline
08-11-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't remember much about my childhood...but I bet there was some bribery becuase I was a rebellious little kid...but I probably didn't take the bribe...
Now that you've mentioned it, I don't remember mine either. Only the photographs show where we went and what we did. I miss my chilhood =(

mlsh27
08-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Now that you've mentioned it, I don't remember mine either. Only the photographs show where we went and what we did. I miss my chilhood =(
I miss very few things about my childhood and am glad I don't remember too much...I only wish I could remember more of my gymnastics days...and preschool days when it was only my mother and me.

umm-sulaim
08-11-2006, 11:45 AM
My mum (hafidhahAAllah) does kinda spoil us, although we do contribute to the house, me and my sis amira give a good deal of our earnings, actually my mums quite funny she's like "oooooh my whole life, this is what i was waiting for...alhamdulillah" and takes our money lol..
My mum however knows the limits...some stuff we don't even dare ask her lol...
we cook in the house clean etc, mum don't do diddly squat and i wouldn't want it any other way...
What i love about my mum was that all our lives she took us to madrasas after school, every time we moved house she'd find one for us to go too...or tried to get a teacher at home for us...(my brother in law, when we were small of course) didn't work cos he was too soft mashaAllah...
But i don't like to see people my age acting like they're physically incapable of doing anythings for themselves, its very annoying.. and not a pretty sight, a grown guy saying "mum, i want milk" and being hand fed...and i've seen this....*shakes head*
I think mums like that feel guilty or something, that guy i mentioned his mum if shes away from her kids for a while shes like ya Allah i left my kids , i have to rush back and gets all worried and stuff...miskeena.

wasalaam

lolwatever
08-11-2006, 11:57 AM
grown guy saying "mum, i want milk" and being hand fed...and i've seen this....*shakes head*
annoying innit :D

umm-sulaim
08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
yes, very annoying! although i think annoying is an understatement lol.........its depressing!!

wasalaam

syilla
08-11-2006, 02:35 PM
my family too...and i know some ppl kind of jealous with my family...

eventhough i'm the only child...but i consider my cousins ( i have 50+ cousins) are closed family...

we're very closed... we always call each other...and we know everyones', secret.

our family love to help each other financially or emotionally...any kind of help.

is not that they don't want to do part time jobs during their studies...its just that the parents worried and wants their children to concentrate in their studies. For my family, money should not be a priority to be worried about. Study first then...money later...

Maybe we're spoilt...but we love each other...and always be there to help each other. We cannot see anyone of us in any kind of problems...

even me myself gives some money to the one that still in uni...(and i know in islam is good to give sadaqah to the students)

but we know money is not the main problem...so we're not worried if everyone doesn't have any money...Allah s.w.t will protect us if we always remember and follow Him.

thats all i'm going to say for now....

umm-sulaim
08-12-2006, 01:30 PM
TabarakaAllah ukhtee you have a lovely family, i understand what you mean about your parents wanting you to focus on studies, my mum is the same she prefers us to study hard and do good in studies and theeen help her, but of course we help where ever helps needed...
alahmdulillah

wasalaam

bint_muhammed
08-13-2006, 10:03 PM
whats the big fuss! i mean parents want to help out their kids, and i think if they can why not! what are families for?

Md Mashud
08-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Parents have money - They may aswell spend it on there loved ones :). Anyway I think you exaggerate the maturity - If you have to pay yourself - It just stresses study, BIG TIME. Getting study over with is better.

Paying for yourself - Anyone can do it, its nothing to brag about, maybe you give money a bit more value -but its not worth jeapordising studies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!