/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The People of Hadeeth Safeguard the Religion & Preserve the Sunan

madeenahsh
08-10-2006, 01:05 PM
The People of Hadeeth Safeguard the Religion & Preserve the Sunan
Written by Imaam al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee
Taken from: Tahdheeb Sharaf Ashaabul-Hadeeth of al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee, Pgs. 66-67

Abu Haatim ar-Raazee said: “There has never been in any nation amongst the nations, ever since Allaah created Aadam, the trustworthy ones who safeguard the aathaar (narrations) of the Messengers except in this Ummah.” So a man said to him: “O Abaa Haatim! Perhaps they narrated a hadeeth which has no basis and which is not authentic!” He replied: “Their scholars know the sound from the defective hadeeth. Their narrating of this information is for the purpose of information, so that it becomes clear to those who come after them that they did differentiate between the aathaar and that they preserved them.” Then he said: “May Allaah show mercy to Abu Zur'ah. By Allaah he was a mujtahid (striver) in memorising and safeguarding the aathaar of Allaah's Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).”

‘Abdullaah bin Daawood al-Khairaanee said: “I heard from our scholars and from those who are above us (i.e. those before us) that the People of Hadeeth and the Carriers of Knowledge are the Trustees of Allaah for His religion and the Safeguarders of the Sunnah of His Prophet, with respect to what they know and practise.”

Kahmas al-Hamdhaanee said: “Whoever does not realise that the People of Hadeeth are the Preservers of the religion, then he is to be counted amongst the weak, poor ones, those do not worship Allaah with any religion (i.e. devotion). Allaah the Most High said to His Prophet (sall-Allaahu alayhi wa sallam): ‘Allaah has revealed the Most Beautiful of Hadeeth (i.e. speech) in a Book.’ (39:23) And the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘Jibreel narrated to me from Allaah the Mighty and Majestic’.”

Sufyaan ath-Thawri said: “The Angels are the guardians of the Heavens and the People of Hadeeth are the guardians of the Earth.”

Yazeed bin Zaree' said: “Every religion has a knight and the knight of this religion are the People of Isnaad (i.e. Muhadditheen).”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.