/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The confession of a muslim

Halima
08-11-2006, 06:18 PM
THE SHAHADA

Simply Say:

La ilaha il Allah, Muhammad -ur-Rasool-Allah

and try to the best of your ability to pronounce it insha'Allah.

• Point 1: Tauhid-ar-Rububiyya
  • A confession with your heart that the Creator (of everything) is Allah, subhana watala, it is that you have to say: "I testify that the Creator of all the universe, including the stars, the planets, the sun, the moon, the heavens, the earth with all its known and unknown forms of life, is Allah. He is the Organizer and Planner of all its affairs. It is He Who gives life and death, and He (i.e. Allah Alone) is the Sustainer, and the Giver of Security, etc." And this is called your confession for the "Oneness of the Lordship of Allah," Tauhid-ar-Rububiyya.

• Point 2: Tauhid-al-Uluhiyya
  • A confession with your heart that you have to say: "I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah Alone." The word "Worship" (i.e. Ibadah) carries a great number of meanings in the Arabic language: It conveys that all kinds of worship are meant for Allah (and none else, whether it be an angel, Messenger, Prophet Jesus - son of Mary, Ezra, Muhammad, saint, idol, the sun, the moon and all other kinds of false deities). So pray to none but Allah, invoke none but Allah, ask for help from none (unseen) but Allah, swear by none but Allah, offer an animal as sacrifice to none but Allah, …etc. and that means, -- all that Allah and Allah’s Messenger, saaws, order you to do (in Qur’an and in As-Sunna [legal ways of Prophet Muhammad ]) you must do, and all that Allah, s.w.t, Allah’s Messenger forbid you, you must not do. And this is called (your confession for the) "Oneness of the worship of Allah", Tauhid-al-Uluhiyya. And that you (mankind) worship none but Allah, subhana watala.
  • Those whom they invoke besides Allâh have not created anything, but are themselves created. [The Noble Qur'an 16:20]

Point 3: Tauhid-al-Asma was-Sifat

A confession with your heart that you have to say: "O Allah! I testify that all the best of names and the most perfect qualities with which You have named or qualified Yourself in Your Book (i.e. the Qur’an) or as Your Prophet Muhammad (saaws) has named or qualified You, with his statement, I confirm that all those (names and qualifications) are for You without changing their meanings or neglecting them completely or giving resemblance to others." As Allah, swt, said:

"There is nothing like unto Him and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer." (v.42:11)

This holy Ayat (verse) confirms the quality of hearing and the quality of sight for Allah, subhana watala without resemblance to others, and likewise. Allah, subhana watala, also said:

"To one whom I have created with Both My Hands," (v.38:75)

and Allah also said:

"The Hand of Allah is over their hands." (v. 48:10)

This confirms two Hands for Allah, swt, but there is no similarity for them. Similarly Allah, swt, said:

"The Most Beneficent (Allah) Istawa (rose over) the (Mighty) Throne." (v.20:5

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sojourner
01-09-2007, 10:41 PM
if, and i guess more specifically when i feel that i am ready to make this confession...where should i go to do this?
I'm in a rural area of southern Arkansas with no type of Islamic center or mosque for close to 100 miles.
Any ideas? Thanks.

mansaf
01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sojourner
if, and i guess more specifically when i feel that i am ready to make this confession...where should i go to do this?
I'm in a rural area of southern Arkansas with no type of Islamic center or mosque for close to 100 miles.
Any ideas? Thanks.

It was We Who created man, and We know what suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein. (Quran 50:16)

you can say shahada anywhere because you say it to Allah directly and not to the public or to the imam.

Masha-Allah
01-31-2007, 05:22 PM
masha Allah exactly

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Just say it when your ready. You should do it with people around so when you die, people will know your Muslim and you could get a proper Muslim burial.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.