/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forwarding Islamic Emails!!!!!!!!!!!

lut2u
08-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Salam Bro/Sistrs..

Received email whose copy paste is below. Need your expert opinion. Thx..

NO, IT IS NOT THE DUTY OF 'EVERY MUSLIM' TO FORWARD EMAILS TO 'AS MANY PEOPLE'. BECAUSE WHAT YOU ARE DOING BY FORWARDING UNWANTED/UNREQUESTED EMAILS TO EVERYONE IS BASICALLY DROPPING SOMETHING IN THEIR EMAIL INBOXES WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION OR WITHOUT THEIR REQUESTS.

WHICH BASICALLY MEANS YOU ARE GETTING INTO THEIR PERSONAL EMAIL INBOXES WITH YOUR 'EMAIL FORWARDS', WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION.

WHICH IN TURN IS SIMPLY UNISLAMIC!!!!! ISLAM TEACHES US TO RESPECT OTHERS PRIVACY OR PERSONAL SPACE (EMAILS).

SO DO NOT FORCE THESE UNISLAMIC "DUTIES" ON EVERYONE:

"Its the duty of each n every muslim so PLZ FORWARD IT TO AS MANY PEOPLE".

YES, IT IS THE DUTY OF EVERY MUSLIM TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN ENTER SOMEONE'S HOUSE WITHOUT KNOCKING ON THE DOOR AND START TEACHING ISLAM.

Jazakh!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
08-11-2006, 08:18 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. There's nothing more irritating than finding a stupid pseudo-Islamic guilt-trip in your inbox.

The only ones I would consider forwarding are the ones containing excellent authentic hadith. And no one seems to send me those. Pity.

DigitalStorm82
08-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't even read them...

afriend
08-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Woah...I'm forwarding this to everyone :D jk

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lut2u
08-12-2006, 07:21 AM
It is not about type of Islamic emails that land in your inbox. What needs to be addressed here is - - IS it right/duty of every muslim to forward islamic emails???????

I too delete emails that are not authentic or specially those that have conditions attached to it. But does this give me the right to tell every muslim that "It is Unislamic act" to forward emails"???

Please advise.

Najiullah
08-12-2006, 07:34 AM
mostly i dont read them

lut2u
08-12-2006, 07:56 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V6YOCU3N

Brother Muezeen and others. Please find above link in which Hadiths on different subjects are well organized in powerpoint presentation.

Allah Hafez.

rizwana87
08-12-2006, 10:46 AM
forwarding emails is something tht everyone does and its pretty pointless coz some people just delete it. the worst ones are the chain letters saying if you dont forward something bad will happen reh reh reh, its just annoying coz chain letters are silly

Najiullah
08-24-2006, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lut2u
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V6YOCU3N

Brother Muezeen and others. Please find above link in which Hadiths on different subjects are well organized in powerpoint presentation.

Allah Hafez.
jazakAllah very good mAshaAllah

thanks for the link

madaashaa
08-25-2006, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najiullah
mostly i dont read them
i dont either. its like whats the point?

sameer
08-25-2006, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rizwana87
forwarding emails is something tht everyone does and its pretty pointless coz some people just delete it. the worst ones are the chain letters saying if you dont forward something bad will happen reh reh reh, its just annoying coz chain letters are silly
Salaams,
Chain letters fall into the category as horrorscope and birthday signs etc and is a form of shirk. By telling someone that so and so will happen if u donnot do this is like fortune telling or soothsaying. We should try to avoid these kind of mails and as soon as u realise its a chain letter u must delete it. Also u should reply to tyhe person who sent it to u asking htem not to send them. Ppl who persist in sending them to me i usually block them.
As for emails with hadith, i try to verify the emails b4 i send them. Theres this one where some sheik had a dream where the prophet (saw) told him to spread the dream and if u dont follow its message things will be bad for u on the day of judgement. (i dont know if any of u saw this one) We should not read or forward these kind of things beacuse we dont need any other message besides whats in the Quran and Hadith, so boviously this was a hoax or misguidance.
Other emails with pics of Allah in tomato or rock or things like that.....i think we shouldnt relly forward these things either unless we can verify it ourselves, because we may mislead someone into thinking its real...when in reality its a hoax/lie. Then we would be spreading lies across the world as foretold in hadith - i cant remember the exact hadith, i will try to get it and post it.

Ghazi
08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lut2u
Salam Bro/Sistrs..

Received email whose copy paste is below. Need your expert opinion. Thx..

NO, IT IS NOT THE DUTY OF 'EVERY MUSLIM' TO FORWARD EMAILS TO 'AS MANY PEOPLE'. BECAUSE WHAT YOU ARE DOING BY FORWARDING UNWANTED/UNREQUESTED EMAILS TO EVERYONE IS BASICALLY DROPPING SOMETHING IN THEIR EMAIL INBOXES WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION OR WITHOUT THEIR REQUESTS.

WHICH BASICALLY MEANS YOU ARE GETTING INTO THEIR PERSONAL EMAIL INBOXES WITH YOUR 'EMAIL FORWARDS', WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION.

WHICH IN TURN IS SIMPLY UNISLAMIC!!!!! ISLAM TEACHES US TO RESPECT OTHERS PRIVACY OR PERSONAL SPACE (EMAILS).

SO DO NOT FORCE THESE UNISLAMIC "DUTIES" ON EVERYONE:

"Its the duty of each n every muslim so PLZ FORWARD IT TO AS MANY PEOPLE".

YES, IT IS THE DUTY OF EVERY MUSLIM TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN ENTER SOMEONE'S HOUSE WITHOUT KNOCKING ON THE DOOR AND START TEACHING ISLAM.

Jazakh!!
:sl:

Actually I kinda disagree, if the e-mail contains a sound islamic message, then it's sort of a duty since that's how knowladge passes, Imagine if everyone applied what your saying with ilm in every aspect of society also to pass the message on you'd be rewarded with it, if the person doesn't like it they can simply delete it but when you think of it from an islamic perspective and knowing current e-mail trends inboxes will have e-mails which are of no benifit so think of it as your doing them a favour to gain closeness to allah.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-25-2006, 09:48 PM
i send da email bak givin da person a lecture n dey never sent it again :D

but if the message is good then i delete the part that says ''if u do not send dis u wil die or u dont luv allah or wateva'' i dont need 2 prove dat i love allah to anyone BUT Allah.. soooo uno.. :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.