/* */

PDA

View Full Version : On Approching a mosque

Z. S. Edwardson
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
As someone who is thinking about becoming a muslim, I know that one is to take off one shoes, but how does one go about approching a Mosque in a proper manner, I assume that I should enter, if someone greets me, interduce myself, allow the members to carry out their prayers, and then speak to members after prayers.

Or do you recommend something else.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
08-11-2006, 08:25 PM
:sl: brother

Firstly, I pray that you do approach your local mosque to discover more about Islam.May Allah guide you..ameen

You should enter the mosque and remove your shoes(itll be obvious where to do this) if u see any other brothers then by all means say "assalamualaikum" as you are a non muslim they may reply only with wa'laikum(which translates as "and upon you"or they may return the full salaams.

try telephoning beforehand, the imam, or another brother may meet you to discuss any quetions you have, and it may be less daunting this way. Iknow the first time i went to a mosque i was petrified...something completely new to me, but alhamdulillah i met a sister and we went together - it makes it easier.

other than that there really isnt any other advice, other than what sis syllia sed about not unnecessarily talking in the mosque.

try to relax and the best advice i can give is to try to go with someone who already knows the mosque.

your in my duaas brother

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Woodrow
08-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Definetly visit a Mosque without any hesitation. Most of the brothers will realise you are a newcomer and I would strongly suspect some will come up to welcome you. I have yet to be in a Mosque where newcomers were not warmly accepted. About the only thing I would suggest is not to talk inside the Mosque, unless somebody speaks to you first. Most Mosques will have folding chairs at the back wall of the Mosque. Feel free to sit in one and most members will recognise you as an observer or seeker. Do not worry about not knowing any of the proper procedures for prayer. It will not be expected of you to do anything except watch.

i_m_tipu
08-12-2006, 05:50 AM
welcome 2 the forum Z. S. Edwardson

i think tailking with the imam of mosque would be better help than others.

u also can share/ gain knowledge from here InsAllaah.

this is a good collection by bro Ansar Al-'Adl's
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...resources.html

just feel free to ask ok.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.