/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Repentance

ktl1509
08-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Is There Repentace For some one who commited Kafr-Akbar?
Or In any other state of Kafr?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahidah4Allah
08-12-2006, 05:53 PM
:sl:

not sure, but i remember this story about someone who murdered so many people[i think 99] and i think in the end he was forgiven but i'm not sure about your Q maybe someone else can help

ma'salamah

umm-sulaim
08-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Of course akhee,
Allah ta3aala says "inna Allah la yaghfiru an yushraka bihee wa yaghfiru maa duuna dhaalika liman yashaa"
verily Allah doesn't forgive when associated partners with, but he forgives anything less than that to whom he wishes" suratu nisaa

"less than tha"t: the major sins...

The 3ulamaa have also agreed unanimously that saa7ib al kabeerah (the person who has done a major sin) is forgiven,

OK also Anas narrated that the prophet alayhi salaatu wasalaam said" verily is very happy with the person who repents, more happier than the man that is on the desert and has lost his riding beast that had his provision on it and then found it again. Bukhaari and Muslim

Also hadeeth abee muusa radiyahAllahu anhu that the rpophet alayhi salaatu wasalaam said "verily Allah stretches out his hand in the night so that the sinners of the day may repent, and stretches his hand out in the day time so that the sinners of the night may repent, until the sun rises from the west.
Muslim

Abu hurayra also narrated that the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam said " Allah forgives anyone who repents before the sun rises from the west"
Muslim

and Ibn 3umar narrated that the prophet said " verily Allah forgives he who repents before his soul reaches his throat"
hasan

and repent is one of the paths to success Allah ta3aal says "wa tuubu ilalla laahi jamee3an ayyuhal mu'minuuna la3allakum tufli7uun"
and repent to Allah all of you, o beleivers, so that you may be succesfull"

So akhee theres always repentance, Allah is al-ghaffaar, and al-ghaafir...

wasalaam

amirah_87
08-12-2006, 09:05 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

na3am like my sister mentioned...you can ...the doors of Jannah are open till the sun rises from the west!!...

The Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wasallam used to seek forgiveness from Allah 70-100 times a day...subhanAllah

Innallaah Ghaffaarur Raheem!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M H Kahn
08-13-2006, 12:07 PM

Here are some verses on repentance:

But whosoever repents after his crime and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allah), then verily, Allah will pardon him (accept his repentance). Verily, Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful. ( Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #39)

Allah accepts only the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and foolishness and repent soon afterwards; it is they to whom Allah will forgive and Allah is Ever AllKnower, AllWise. ( An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #17)

Verily, those who disbelieved after their Belief and then went on increasing in their disbelief (i.e. disbelief in the Quran and in Prophet Muhammad SAW) - never will their repentance be accepted (because they repent only by their tongues and not from their hearts). And they are those who are astray.
( Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #90)

And of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil deeds until death faces one of them and he says: "Now I repent;" nor of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful torment.
(An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #18)

Will they not repent to Allah and ask His Forgiveness? For Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful. ( Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #74)

M H Kahn
08-13-2006, 12:18 PM
"And ask forgiveness of your Lord and turn unto Him in repentance. Verily, my Lord is Most Merciful, Most Loving." [11:90]

M H Kahn
08-15-2006, 07:34 PM
:sl:
Repentance is a state of mind of a human being feeling sincere remorse for acts of sin done by him and strong determination that he will never repeat such act in his life in the future. When one begs Allah's mercy and forgiveness with repentance, he is sure to receive His forgiveness irrespective of the largeness of the sin. :cry:

Allah says:
"And seek the forgiveness of Allah, certainly, Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful." [4:106]

"And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks Allahs forgiveness, he will find Allah OftForgiving, Most Merciful."[4:110]

"Will they not repent to Allah and ask His forgiveness? For Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful." [5:74]

"And ask forgiveness of your Lord and turn unto Him in repentance. Verily, my Lord is Most Merciful, Most Loving." [11:90]

So glorify the Praises of your Lord, and ask for His forgiveness. Verily, He is the One Who accepts the repentance and forgives. [110:03]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.