/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it Right?

ktl1509
08-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Is It right too Regret things that you have done in the pass fter you repented?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
umm-sulaim
08-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Yes,
actually some scholars say that its one of the conditions of repentance..(from them an-nawaawee ra7imahuAllah))
mashaAllah akhee, there can't be nothing wrong with looking back at a bad deed and feeling bad about it,

wasalaam

Mujahidah4Allah
08-12-2006, 06:11 PM
:sl:

yes yes agree with sis ^, it's good to seek forgiveness from Allah [if you end up in such a place where you did such a thing to disobey Allah]

ma'salamah

- Qatada -
08-12-2006, 07:38 PM
:wasalamex

Yeah brother :) i heard in a lecture that the brother said that The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said that tawbah is regret. So a person should feel bad for the sin that he commited, because that way - he/she doesn't want to go back to that sin again, and the person seeks refuge and protection in Allaah Almighty.

Also remember the hadith of the man who killed 100 people - after killing all those people, he still regretted it and felt that Allaah Almighty can forgive him still.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 676.

There was a man who had heartlessly murdered ninety-nine people. Then, he felt remorse.

He went to a learned man and told him about his past, explaining that he wished to repent, reform, and become a better person. "I wonder if Allah will pardon me?" he asked.

For all his learning, the scholar was a man who had not been able to digest what he had learned. "You will not be pardoned;' he said. "Then I may as well kill you, too," said the other. And kill him he did.

He then found another worthy individual and told him that he had killed a hundred people. "I wonder," he said, "whether Allah will pardon me if I repent?" Being a truly wise man, he replied, "Of course you will be pardoned; repent at once. I have just one piece of advice for you: avoid the company of wicked people and mix with good people, for bad company leads one into sin:"

The man expressed repentance and regret, weeping as he sincerely implored his Lord to pardon him. Then, turning his back on bad company, he set off to find a neighborhood where righteous people lived.

On the way, his appointed hour arrived, and he died. The angels of punishment and of mercy both came to take away his soul. The angels of punishment said that as a sinful person he rightfully belonged to them, but the angels of mercy also claimed him, saying, "He repented and had resolved to become a good man. He was on his way to a place where righteous people live, but his appointed hour had come." A great debate ensued, and Gabriel was sent as an arbitrator to settle this affair.

After hearing both sides he gave this verdict: "Measure the ground. If the spot where he died is closer to the good people, then he belongs to the angels of mercy, but if it is nearer to the wicked people, he will be given to the angels of punishment."

They measured the ground. Because the man had just set out, he was still closer to the wicked. But because he was sincere in his repentance, the Lord moved the spot where he lay and brought it to just outside the city of the good people.

That penitent servant was handed over to the angels of merry.

Hadith Qudsi 34:
On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

[Narrated in Tirmidhi & Ahmad]

And also:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

"Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be ascribed to Him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases; and whoever ascribes partners to Allah in worship, has indeed invented a tremendous sin." (Qur'an 4:48)

You should also read this article & fatwa insha'Allaahu ta'aala:

To Paradise, Serial Killer!
http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/05/01.shtml

A young man did all kinds of haraam actions, and he wants to repent
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...eng&txt=tawbah

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
thc
08-15-2006, 02:20 PM
asalamu alaikum warahmtullhi wabaraktuhu,

yes, however one should not think too much about it so that they will constantly be thinking about it and not concentrating on other duties i.e salaah, study etc...

sameena
08-15-2006, 02:47 PM

i read a hadith regarding that.......

"when you feel happy from a good deed, and you feel bad from any bad action of urs, then consider urself a believer."

i dont remember the source, but i did read it somewhere
:w:

syilla
08-15-2006, 04:11 PM

but don't put yourself...in depressing state...thats not islamic.
In Islam...it is important for you to be cheerful too.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!