/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Future

anonymous
08-12-2006, 07:36 PM
assalamualaikum

i'm annoyed, because it lookz as if my parents hve chosen my future for me. they've decided studyin deen is not good enough, and want a proper degree. :raging:

ne help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
08-12-2006, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
assalamualaikum

i'm annoyed, because it lookz as if my parents hve chosen my future for me. they've decided studyin deen is not good enough, and want a proper degree. :raging:

ne help?
no1?

mysterious
08-12-2006, 08:33 PM
why not do both?

Fishman
08-12-2006, 08:35 PM
:sl:
At least they're not forcing you to join the armed forces. I've got a friend who has that problem.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umm-sulaim
08-12-2006, 08:35 PM
maybe you can do both at the same time, that way you'll please your lord too by not leaving your deen and making an effort to study, and also your parents by not displeasing them i guess, even though yes studying our deen is faaar more important than a degree, like sheikh muqbil said the only shahaads (certificate) we need is the shahaada of "laa ilaaha illa laah"...
But i guess you're parents want you to be prepared for life and to live well,
InshaAllah khayr...rememeber this aayah "Inna Allah la yudhee3u ajra man a7sana 3amalaa"
verily Allah doesn't waste the efforts of he who does good.
Hope all works out for you...

wassalaam

rizwana87
08-12-2006, 08:37 PM
salams, dont be annoyed ure parents probly just want whats best for you as said above you could do both, for this world and the hereafter, consider speaking to your parents, they might understand if u speak to them. dont u want to do a degree?

mysterious
08-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Edit

snakelegs
08-12-2006, 08:56 PM
assalamualaikum
ne help?
these 2 things are not mutally exclusive - you can do both. if you obey your parents and get a degree, you will have more freedom of choice about your life. nothing wrong with studying deen, but you also have to support yourself and your future family. you are lucky that your parents can and will help you with your education. go for it! no need to choose between studying deen and getting a degree - you can have both.
another thing is that if you get a degree, you will be in a better position to help your fellow muslims.

Dawud_uk
08-13-2006, 08:23 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

many scholars say mixing in a mixed environment is haram anyway, why not check out this side of the issue, most parents however ignore this and force their children into mixed school and uni environments.

end of the day you should obey your parents but also remember there is no obedience which is in disobedience to the creator.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

DigitalStorm82
08-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Asalamu Alaikum,

Bro, you need to seek knowledge even if you have to go to china. Issue of mixing with opposite sex is there... if you can afford to go to all boys school.. thats great... if not... think of it as jihaad. You're struggling to get a good education by subjecting yourself to various situations and temptations.

DONT FORGET getting a "proper degree" is all deen itself...

I'd advise you to listen to your parents... get a good degree... you can also learn Islam at your own time. Read books when you're free. Thats what I did.

May Allah make it easy for you, Inshallah

W'salaamz,
Hamid

SirZubair
08-13-2006, 09:54 AM

Do an ISLAMIC DLP (Distance Learning Programe), i know of one that is available. I am currently doing one myself, had an exam for it this morning.

If you would like to get in touch with the Organisation that i am doing the DLP through, PM me. MAYBE they can help you.

The offer is on the table.

anonymous
08-13-2006, 11:30 AM
assalamualaikum

prob is, i've tried to study deen part time, but cnt put full focus on both thingz, and islamic education, ends up sufferin'. Wich iz why i wana study deen 1st, then go get a degree and stuff.

Takumi
08-13-2006, 11:50 AM
assalamualaikum

ne help?
It's great that you're coming out with your feelings, and that takes at least half of the burden away.

You might not believe you can do it but I did both. I graduated with a Bachelors of Pharmacy with minor in Islamic Studies. Currently I'm working towards certification in Science and then probably a Masters in Education.

You have to believe that anything that you pursue may and can be made to YOUR advantage. At your age it'll be disadvantageous for you if you restrict yourself to only one discipline. We're not trying to be jack of all trades master of none, but being able to gather information and knowledge in as many aspects as you can will make you a more rounded person.

After graduation, you will have the best of both worlds. Then, as an adult, you may choose what you want to do to lead this temporary life. If you're financially able right now to pursue both; deen and any baccalaureate degree, I strongly encourage you to do so.

Not many muslims are equipped with such skill. Usually, they'd have a paper degree and lack religious knowledge and their paper degree sways them away from the deen.

Why don't you write the things that you can do and you can't do with both qualifications and weigh them.

You'll be surprised that you're actually at the higher level of the food chain there!

:-)

Annie
08-13-2006, 10:47 PM
salams
i think you should always but your deen first but you can do both at the same time.
wasslam annie

SirZubair
08-14-2006, 09:07 AM
I work 14 hours a day, i am doing an apprentiship, i am doing an Diploma in Islamic science..

.. if i can manage to do all that, and make time to come on the forums and abuse people,.. i am sure you can too :p

north_malaysian
08-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Hmmmmmm......

My father preferred me to further my study in Jordan (in Arabic language or Islamic Studies). But my mum said No! She wanted me to study in Malaysia.

All my schoolmates chosed Intl. Islamic University Malaysia. So did I. I preferred to study Sociology or Comparative Religion. But they wanted me to take law degree as we can do study group and learn together. So I took law degree.

It's so boring, it's hard to excel and score. Finally, I've survived and got a law degree. Thanks to God, even I chosed to study law... but I also had the opportunity of learning Arabic Language (managed to finish all 6 levels), Koranic Recitations (completed all 2 levels) and took 4 Islamic studies classes (Sciences of Al Qur'an, Sciences of Al Hadith, Method of Da'wah, Man in the Qur'an and Sunnah)

I've also learnt Shariah laws in the university.

When I've got my degree. I did my pupillage for nine months. And now, I'm a law practitioner while more than 60,000 degree holders in Malaysia are still jobless.

Conclusion:
1) Take a subject that u love.... or
2) ... better to take a degree where you would have good prospects, even you dont like it, but if you learn to love the subjects.... you would survive.
In Malaysia, Medical, Engineering, Laws and Accountancy have good prospects for jobs after graduated....

syilla
08-14-2006, 03:59 PM

first i want to do medic...than i want to do something in IT...
but i get something else...i just pursue it...
somehow...if i can turn back time...i want to change other course.
(now i'm working...and erm...erm...i'm bored with my work)

We'll see...i'm going to change my profession....
Make dua for me so that...it will come true.

anonymous
08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
assalamualaikum

hve decided 2 jst go to uni, n then study deen. Bt in the meantime, can anyone recommend books in the followin fields

Aqeedah
Arabic grammar
usool ul fiqh
Classification of hadeeth
fiqh
Tafseer

Any otha importnt fieldz I left out?

SirZubair
08-14-2006, 07:51 PM
I won't recommend anything, but i will give you my 2cents worth here..
..i wouldn't recommend reading books and trying to obtain sacred knowledge.

You will need the guidence of a Shaykh.

But thats just my opinion.

Wa'salaam.

Takumi
08-14-2006, 07:58 PM
assalamualaikum

hve decided 2 jst go to uni, n then study deen. Bt in the meantime, can anyone recommend books in the followin fields

Aqeedah
Arabic grammar
usool ul fiqh
fiqh
Tafseer

If you're really serious, may I recommend that you find a teacher who can guide you to memorize the Quran?

That is the way of the salaf and all scholars.

The Quran is the source of knowledge of the Deen.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-14-2006, 07:59 PM
assalamualaikum

Aqeedah
Arabic grammar
usool ul fiqh
fiqh
Tafseer

You can read alot and learn alot while your at home studying these secular studies. Br. Ansar has prepared a list of excellent books in Islamic Studies. Here's the thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...resources.html

You can read those books of which many are online.

Also, if your based in the USA you can check out AlMaghrib where they have double Weekend Degree Seminars where when you complete each of their classes you get a Bachelors certified by Al Azher Uni if im not mistaken.

http://www.almaghrib.org/home.php

Also, listen to lectures, and take notes as you would in a real class. Check out Anwar Al Awlaki, Yasir Qadhi and Muhammad AlShareef. They have alot of audios out and you can go through each, take notes, test yourself etc until Allah wills you to go abroad.

Check out these sites for audio lectures:

www.audioislam.com
www.streetdawah.com
http://www.streetdawah.com/anwaralawlaki.html

I recommend starting with Yasir Qadhi and listening his lectures through, especially Kitab At Tawheed and the Hadith Sciences, and the Basic Fiqh ones. These set your groundwork, and the foundation from which you can go unto other lectures Inshallah.

Inshallah with that material, you will be quite busy for a while :) Remember, going abroad or going to a Uni isnt the only way one can study Islam. Until you go, you can study here as Alhamdullilah we have alot of resources at our disposal :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.