/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Long will the Lebanese invasion Last?

Dahir
08-12-2006, 10:31 PM
How long do you estimate the new invasion of Lebanon will last?

Give an educated guess.

Will there be a ceasefire that Israel will accept?

Will there be a deal that Hezbollah will be pleased with?

With those factors in mind and much more on national news stations, how long do you estimate this war to go on?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-12-2006, 11:31 PM
I estimate 2 more months as I believe that is the time it will take Israel to deplete their reserve resources. I doubt that they will expend more then their surplus arms. I can not picture them spending one penny more then what they can spare.

I believe there will be a "cease fire" agreement but no surrender and no acceptance of any ones demands, by either side. The final result will be lost lives, war torn property and no victory for anyone. Israel will gain only in the fact that this has resulted in Iran misdirecting funds, equipment and personnel away from Iran.

Like so many conflicts in the past 5 decades, I do not see any winners. Just a question of who can most sustain the loses. Wars of today are no longer fought on battle fields. The deaths and destruction are merely indications of how much you can force another country into directing it's internal wealth away from self care. I can't help and think of how many schools and hospitals could have been built in Iran, just with the cost of the Katyusha rockets that have been used to date. If the figures I read are true, it appears that the monetary damage done by them is much less then what it cost Iran to procure them. I would say the objective is to make Iran spend it's resources on war efforts and side track any resources from home improvements.

Zulkiflim
08-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Salaam,

As always i think this current escalation will be ongoing.

the Isrelais are just using this pretext to decimate those who SUPPORT and DEFEND Lebanon.

Look at history on Palestine,what has been done to them will be done to the Lebanese for the Lebanese are fragmented just like the Palestinian then.

Now the Palesitnian are united and support Hamas ,,but it is too late,they are weak to defend themselves all due to their own stupidity.

Some muslim or lebanese will be traitors to save themselves ,,just like some palestinian betrayed their comrades....FOR the IDEA of PEACE..

So this war will continue wihitn and without.

i am sure the Isrelais will try to create civil war for when there is civil war then they cant attack Israel..

So DIunity is the casue and stupidity/ego is the continuance..

wilberhum
08-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Forever.
Will there be a deal that Hezbollah will be pleased with?
No, that is why it will last forever.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
If the peace deal holds the war could be over on Monday. The Israelis have signed off on it and so has the Lebanese government and Hezbollah. The only thing that could trigger more violence would be Hezbollah firing missiles on Monday. If that happens it could go on for another few months.

Zulkiflim
08-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Salaam,

the Isrealis have broken the peace treaty many times.

with Hamas they still continue to kill childrena dn still say they maintian the treaty

with Hezbollah,they say the treaty still hold while bombing houses.

So it is hyprocrisy.

this treaty is a ockery for the ISrelais cannot keep the peace.

they fear and in that fear they see all as enemies and will murder anyone for their own Peace..

We shall see and trully we shall see the hyprcrites

Woodrow
08-18-2006, 06:03 PM
I doubt if the Israeli troops will be out of Lebannon until after the UN troops and the Lebannese Army are in place in Southern Lebannon. It is interesting to see the make up of the peace keeping force that will be in South Lebannon. From what I've been reading it will be 30,000 soldiers. !5,000 from the Lebannese Army, the other 15,000 from UN troops. Bangladesh will be in charge of the UN troops and have pledged 3,000 soldiers to the UN. The I'm not too certain what countries the other troops will be from except both France and Italy will be sending in troops. So far it does not appear any of the UN forces will be from the USA, UK or Israel. so we are still looking at 6 to 8 weeks before all of the Israeli forces are out of Lebannon. The UN forces will probably be there for years.

wilberhum
08-18-2006, 06:15 PM
So far it does not appear any of the UN forces will be from the USA, UK or Israel.
And I hope it stays that way. Any assistance or leadership from the West will only lead to condemination.

Woodrow
08-18-2006, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
And I hope it stays that way. Any assistance or leadership from the West will only lead to condemination.
Hopefully we finaly learned that. Now if the UN will do it's job. So far the only thing I've ever seen the UN do is plege help all over the place and once we get suckered into providing troops the other nations pull out and leave us holding the bag. Can you tell I'm an advocate for us to get out of the UN, send the Headquarters back to the Hague and they can use the old "Former league of Nations" building. We can then demolish the UN building in NYC and use the land as a much needed new dump for Manhattan.

In my opinion the UN has never helped the US. The majority of the members have yet to pay any of their dues and the US has been financing their membership, yet they veto every proposistion the US makes. I say "Get the US out of the UN and get the UN out of the US"

therebbe
08-18-2006, 06:46 PM
with Hamas they still continue to kill childrena dn still say they maintian the treaty
Actually the latest child killed was a Palestinian boy killed by Hamas. I have yet to see your hard line posts cursing Hamas's name with the same rigor you curse Israel when they kill a child. Or is it that don't actually care about the children unless it suits your agenda to care for them?

Keltoi
08-18-2006, 06:48 PM
The Lebanese government has stated they have no interest in disarming Hezbollah. The disarming of Hezbollah is included in the resolution and peace deal. Unfortunately, the U.N. force isn't going to have the mandate to pursue such an action. I am quite skeptical that this peace will last for much longer, but I hope that I'm wrong.

Moon*Light
02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
:sl:

Well alhamdulilah it ended in 33 days. And Alhamdulilah for the victory that was given to us.

After the Winograd report that showed the failure of the Israelis, they have many things to fix before they want to make another war.

krypton6
02-08-2008, 09:31 PM
What! I havent heard anything about this! What what what what happend!!

Cognescenti
02-08-2008, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by krypton6
What! I havent heard anything about this! What what what what happend!!
Dood...relax...its from 8-06 ;D

snakelegs
02-08-2008, 09:51 PM
i don't know why the forum keeps barfing up these old polls! ^o)

krypton6
02-08-2008, 09:53 PM
^I knew that! :hiding:

Moon*Light
02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
:sl:

I didn't wake this thread up I found somebody voted in it but I didn't vote. :p I just was talking about the new Israeli report about the war and how they said they failed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.