/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ceasefire agreed by leaders, 0500 GMT Monday

Trumble
08-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Some good news for once, albeit a few weeks late.

A ceasefire deal between Israel and Hezbollah will come into force at 0500 GMT on Monday, the UN Secretary General has said.

Kofi Annan announced the timing after discussions with the prime ministers of Lebanon and Israel. However, Israel is likely to continue operations in Lebanon on Sunday in an effort to clear the south of Hezbollah.

Nineteen Israeli soldiers were killed on Saturday, and five on a helicopter downed by Hezbollah are feared dead.

Hezbollah's leader has said his group would abide by the ceasefire plan agreed unanimously at the UN Security Council on Friday. However, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah said on TV that Hezbollah would continue fighting as long as Israeli soldiers remained in Lebanon.

Lebanon has now also approved the UN resolution, which calls for a "full cessation of hostilities", although Prime Minister Fouad Siniora said the government had "some reservations". Lebanese officials said that after the truce only Lebanese forces would be authorised to carry weapons in southern Lebanon. Mr Siniora said the area south of the Litani River, beyond which Hezbollah is expected to withdraw under the terms of the agreement, should be demilitarised. "There won't be any weapons in the country starting from the area which is the zone, which will be south of the Litani. There won't be any weapons other than the weapons of the central government."
BBC

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
08-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Salaam,

what ceasefire?

the Isrealis are still in lebanon and they are still bombing civillian everywhere.

So this treaty is agian a mockery.

And Hezbollah has said that as long as an Isrelais soldiers in in Lebanon they have the right to fight and defend..As they should..

I hope that the Hezbollah would cut off the supply chain of the ISrealis 30 000 soldiers and kill/capture them for ransom.

Md Mashud
08-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh goody, they call for ceasefire after destroying and killing many civilian lives with no benefit, good cause or reason.

Good news? I think not.

KAding
08-13-2006, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Oh goody, they call for ceasefire after destroying and killing many civilian lives with no benefit, good cause or reason.

Good news? I think not.
Better news than that they would continue destroying 'many civilian lives with no benefit', right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
08-13-2006, 02:00 PM
I am content if they will respect the ceasefire and there will be peace again.:)

Isaac
08-13-2006, 02:08 PM
I think both sides are trying to make the most of the time left before the easfire. HezbAllah fires 100 rockets into northern israel. ISrael fighter planes drop 20 bombs, giving off large explosions in the space of 1 minute. I hope a ceasfire, really does mean ceasfire.

Tania
08-13-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't listen the news but this ceasefire its for good or will keep only a few days?:? I forgot to ask that in my previous post.

Zulkiflim
08-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Salaam,

Actually Hezbollah is responding to Isrelai aggreison.

Isrealis are murdering civillian left and right,and even recently said they will bomb any VEHICLES THAT TRY TO FLEE TO SAFETY..

And yet they throw letter asking people to flee.

so it is hyprocrisy..
And the hyprocrites in the ummah and in the kafirs do not see it..

And they still blame Hezbollah for firign rockets toward civilians..

wilberhum
08-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Hezbollah is not going to stop. It will continue on. UN weak proposals will not change anything. Hezbollah wanted war and they got it. The have the support of most Muslims in there effort to eliminate Israel. This will continue for many many years.

Zulkiflim
08-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Salaam,

Of course Hezbollah will not stop..what an absurd idea to even speak it..
the name may chage but the idealogies will not

Israel will be destoyed one day,maybe tommorrow or 2 years or 10 year..but it will be destoyed.

Israel cannot live in peace with it neighbours so it should be made to understand that it is not safe.

it can build wall as high as the mountian and bombs to murder hundred but with every coutner attack they are more in fear.

As they cannot be peaceful so we will not be..

wilberhum
08-14-2006, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Of course Hezbollah will not stop..what an absurd idea to even speak it..
the name may chage but the idealogies will not

Israel will be destoyed one day,maybe tommorrow or 2 years or 10 year..but it will be destoyed.

Israel cannot live in peace with it neighbours so it should be made to understand that it is not safe.

it can build wall as high as the mountian and bombs to murder hundred but with every coutner attack they are more in fear.

As they cannot be peaceful so we will not be..
Of course Hezbollah will not stop. For all the reasons you mentioned, they want war just like you do.

QuranStudy
08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Of course Hezbollah will not stop. For all the reasons you mentioned, they want war just like you do.
Not really.

Skillganon
08-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Hezbollah says it will respect UN resolution
8/12/2006 1:25:00 PM GMT

Hezbollah said it will respect the recently adopted UN resolution said to be aimed at ending bloodshed in the Lebanese territories, even though it said that the resolution was not fair.

The Lebanese resistance movement’s leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah said although the UN resolution is not fair, his organisation won’t stand as an obstacle in the way of its approval.

"We will not be an obstacle to any decision taken by the Lebanese government. Our government ministers will register reservations on the resolution and some of its terms," he said on Hezbollah's Al-Manar television.

The resolution "is unjust and unfair because it held Hezbollah responsible for starting the aggression."

Hezbollah will respect any ceasefire agreement reached by the UN or between Lebanon and Israel, Mr. Nasrallah said.

"If there is an agreement over a ceasefire through UN chief Kofi Annan or an agreement between Lebanon and Israel ... the resistance will abide," Mr. Nasrallah said.

A few hours after the UN adopted the resolution; Israel started deploying thousands of additional troops into Lebanon.

Reports also said that Israeli army units have reached the Litani River.

A huge number of Israeli armored vehicles massed on the border trying to drive Hezbollah fighters behind the Litani, about 18 miles from the border, but they were faced with fierce resistance from Hezbollah, which destroyed 21 Israeli tanks and killed seven soldiers.

Full Article : http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/n...rvice_id=12213

wilberhum
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Hezbollah says it will respect UN resolution
Ya I know. They also said they would keep on fighting. I guess that is how they show respect.

Skillganon
08-14-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Ya I know. They also said they would keep on fighting. I guess that is how they show respect.
Read the whole article.

aamirsaab
08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
:sl:
Israel broke the ceasefire.

Geronimo
08-14-2006, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Israel broke the ceasefire.
I think I know what you are talking about but let's see how you think they broke the ceasefire.

aamirsaab
08-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Israeli troops killed hizbollah troops after ceasefire was made. Breach of ceasefire, yes, I think even children would agree.

wilberhum
08-14-2006, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Israeli troops killed hizbollah troops after ceasefire was made. Breach of ceasefire, yes, I think even children would agree.
Depends on who shot first. Do you know who shot first? You can bet whoever did is not going to raise there hand.

Geronimo
08-14-2006, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Depends on who shot first. Do you know who shot first? You can bet whoever did is not going to raise there hand.
The Israelis did but those 6 were approachin their position with guns raised. Well within their right to shoot them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.