/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it a habitude of a prohet's wife?

kormath
08-13-2006, 09:36 AM
:sl:
[MOUSE]
"And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.
Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son.
And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called." [Genesis: 21: 9-12]

[King James Bible][/MOUSE]
When we read this passages of Bible we cannot respect Sarah, the wife of Prophet Abraham(Ma'adallah), for we see in her plain selfishness and hatred of a ordinary second wife. No one cannot justify such an attitude, for it is despirable, even in standard of a ordinary woman. We ought to remember that this woman was one who gifted a son by God in her old age.
Can any Bible scholar justify and explain this contradiction?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joe98
08-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Humans are contradictory!

She is a human!

جوري
08-14-2006, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Humans are contradictory!

She is a human!
I'd hate to take this further ... but what exactly do you mean by this? Can I safely assume from your inference, that since human are contradictory and humans have transcribed the bible over and over that it would in fact "contradict" actual events? or divine messages? In other words there would be some falsity in the bible?

kormath
08-14-2006, 06:01 PM
I am very like "Muhammad in The Bible" written by Prof. Abdul Ahad Davud, former Rev. Benjamin Keldani.It is a good book in the field of religious comparative studies.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
QuranStudy
08-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Sarah is not someone to me respected IMO.

kormath
08-15-2006, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
In fact , Sarah is a respected woman. That was why she given the child in her old age. Moreover , was loved by Abraham very much. But the Bible's expression is what makes her hateful.

kormath
08-15-2006, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
A mUslim cannot hate Sarah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.