/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Myspace

ktl1509
08-14-2006, 04:05 AM
Is It Wrong to chat with muslim Sisters :sister: on myspace since i am not like talkin to them in person?:brother:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F.Y.
08-14-2006, 05:13 AM
Yes, it is wrong. There is potential for something to develop between you and the other person so it is better to keep away.
I know of so many cases where people have 'chatted', quite innocently at first to someone and then it develops into something more, then they realise they cant be together and it's all a huge mess. It's dangerous too. How do you know you're not talking to an old, lonely grandad? So you might ask for 'her' to send her photo just to be sure - and then that would mean you're looking at a woman which is not really a good thing to do either.

Keep away - it's a trap. Shaytaan will tell you its fine, you're only talking about 'school' etc, but you know, these things are quite predictable and before you know it, you could have gone too far.

Peace

mlsh27
08-14-2006, 05:20 AM
I agree with FY...it can definitely be considered free-mixing. I don't think it matters if you are alone with the opposite gender in person or online...Shaytan is still there.

snakelegs
08-14-2006, 06:23 AM
i've heard some scare stories about myspace. i would be very wary.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Quruxbadaan
08-14-2006, 06:24 AM
what the heck is my space?????/

AvarAllahNoor
08-14-2006, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i've heard some scare stories about myspace. i would be very wary.
Like?

Hijaabi22
08-14-2006, 12:00 PM
wat the hell is myspace?? msn?

syilla
08-14-2006, 03:52 PM
i have friendster accounts...but all of my friends are my cousins...hhehe...

i think it is the easiest way to update them and to ask them...how are they doin...and also to post them any islamic stories or news...

and we also can exchange blogs...

DigitalStorm82
08-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Its best not to spread the news of "myspace" to people that don't know...

No need to expose brothers and sisters to fitnah.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

ktl1509
08-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Well thank you for the :brother: answers okay isha allah i will stop using myspace
May Allah Bless You all

Annie
08-14-2006, 11:56 PM
salams
Of course its wrong, because free mixing is haram.

amirah_87
08-15-2006, 12:01 AM
as salaamu alaykum,

wat the hell is myspace?? msn?
what the heck is my space?????/
What is it guys?...some sorta personal blog thingy!! :?

SirZubair
08-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Myspace is bida'h..... :D

DigitalStorm82
08-15-2006, 01:27 AM
yes n thats all you need to know lol

SirZubair
08-15-2006, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
yes n thats all you need to know lol
lol :p

Btw, I was being sarcastic.

Myspace is all good, as long as the person using it is Mature and uses it Wisely.

As for me, i choose not to bother with it.

DigitalStorm82
08-15-2006, 02:15 AM
same here... i think it's another way to screw up the teenage minds

al-fateh
08-15-2006, 02:37 AM
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly, there is no doubt that such conversations, if they lead to evil and to fitnah (temptation) – as happened to you when you were infatuated with this man – are haraam and are not permitted. Everything that leads to haraam is also haraam. See the answer to Question # 6453.

Secondly: you have to repent to Allaah and seek His forgiveness for doing this haraam thing. You have to regret it and immediately stop engaging in chats with non-mahram men on these channels. You have to ask Allaah to cover your faults in this world and in the Hereafter. We advise you to use your time in things that will benefit you in your religious and worldly affairs, such as learning about your religion, taking care of your husband and looking after your children. Undoubtedly these are things for which Allaah will reward you. And you have to do a lot of righteous deeds, and get to know good women so that you will have alternatives to harmful uses of your time that bring no benefits. We ask Allaah to guide us all and give us all strength.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.