/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IQ (Islamic Questions)

Pinkrose
06-04-2005, 12:24 AM
:sl:

:shade: Otay this is another thread by me. I wanted to make a thread that will benefit us all, so I really hope you all enjoy, and as B.K. says "may the fries be with you." ;D ;D and now for the loooong awaited questions. ;D muhahahahaha. You have to scroll all the way down this thing and get your mouse all tired.

Tadaaa.

#1. What was the first word of the Qur'an which was revealed to Prophet Muhammad(S.a.w.)?

#2. Through which angel did Allah reveal the Holy Qur'an to Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W.)?

#3. Give the name of the cave where the Prophet used to meditate,
and in which it was first made known to Muhammad(S.A.W.)
that he had been chosen to be the messenger of Allah?

#4. What was the month during the year 610 C.E. when the Qur'an was first revealed to Muhammad(S.A.W.)?

#5. What is the meaning of the Arabic word Qur'an?

#6. Who was the first person to whom the Prophet told of his unusual experience of revelation?

#7. What was his age when Allah appointed Muhammad(S.A.W.) to be His Messenger?

*may the fries be with you.* ;D ;D

I know these questions are too easy but Inshallah it will become more challenging. Enjoy! ;)

Peace Out :shade:
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Syed
06-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Good thread sis.
1. Iqra

2.Jibril

3.Mount Hira

4. Dunno

5.Dunno

6.Khadija

omg I need to do some research.

Pinkrose
06-05-2005, 02:21 PM

:applaud: Good job bro Ibn sayed.

#1. What was the first word of the Qur'an which was revealed to Prophet Muhammad(S.a.w.)?

A) Iqra

#2. Through which angel did Allah reveal the Holy Qur'an to Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W.)?

A) Jibra'il

#3. Give the name of the cave where the Prophet used to meditate,
and in which it was first made known to Muhammad(S.A.W.)
that he had been chosen to be the messenger of Allah?

A) Hira

#4. What was the month during the year 610 C.E. when the Qur'an was first revealed to Muhammad(S.A.W.)?

A) Ramadan

#5. What is the meaning of the Arabic word Qur'an?

A) To read aloud

#6. Who was the first person to whom the Prophet told of his unusual experience of revelation?

A) His Wife Khadijah

#7. What was his age when Allah appointed Muhammad(S.A.W.) to be His Messenger?

A) 40 years.

Far7an
06-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

I know these questions are too easy but Inshallah it will become more challenging. Enjoy!
We are looking forward to the next questions InshaAllah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bin Qasim
06-05-2005, 02:54 PM

U didn't give us much time. Just a day?? I knew answers to all Q's but saw u answered them already.. Not fair

Pinkrose
06-05-2005, 06:03 PM
:sl: :shade:

I am very sorry. I didn't think anyone else wanted to answer. I will wait longer next time inshallah. :-[ :D

Otay. Next Questions.

1) Into how many parts or Ajza is the Holy Qur'an divided?

2) How many chapters or surahs does the Qur'an contain?

3) What is the name of the third Khalifa of Islam who prepared one unified version
of reading the Qur'an?

4) Is it true that there is not a single word or dot added or left out of the messege the Prophet recieved from Allah in the form of the Qur'an?

5) Give the name of the longest Surah of the Qur'an.

6) Give the name of the shortest surah of the Qur'an.

7) Each chapter or Surah of the Qur'an contains a number of verses. What are they called in Arabic?

moaaz
06-06-2005, 12:36 PM

1. 30

3.othmaan ibn aafan

4.obviously yes

5.suraat al baqarah

6.suraat al kawthar

7.aayat

nice and easy LOLZ ;D

Pinkrose
06-06-2005, 09:42 PM

Anyone else want to try before i post the answers? :D

Ra`eesah
06-07-2005, 05:15 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Anyone else want to try before i post the answers?

well i would but........

format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
why didn't u type same as above ?? :p

Same as above :D

Pinkrose
06-08-2005, 01:53 AM
:sl: :shade:

:applaud: Good Job to all of you who posted the answers. ;) You were right!!

1) Into how many parts or Ajza is the Holy Qur'an divided?

A) 30

2) How many chapters or surahs does the Qur'an contain?

A) 114

3) What is the name of the third Khalifa of Islam who prepared one unified version
of reading the Qur'an?

A) Uthman

4) Is it true that there is not a single word or dot added or left out of the
messege the Prophet recieved from Allah in the form of the Qur'an?

A) Yes

5) Give the name of the longest Surah of the Qur'an.

A) Al-Baqara or The Cow

6) Give the name of the shortest surah of the Qur'an.

A) Al-Kauthar

7) Each chapter or Surah of the Qur'an contains a number of verses. What are they called in Arabic?

A) Ayat

Pinkrose
06-08-2005, 02:09 AM

Next Questions!!! I hope that these will be a bit tougher! :D

1) Give the name of the Qur'anic Surah which is translated as follows: "Say, He is Allah, One Allah, the Everlasting, who has not begotten and has not been begotten and no one is equal to Him."

2) Who first gave us the name Muslims?

3) What was the original name of Makkah which is also mentioned in the Qur'an?

4) Name the first mousque which was built in Madinah soon after Hijra or migration of the Prophet and the other Muslims.

5) How many years after the first Revelation did the Prophet Muhammed(S.A.W.) start preaching publicly?

6) Whose entry into Islam in its early stages helped to strengthen it and enable Muslims to say their prayers openly in Ka'bah for the first time?

7) The years following the first Revelation, after which Muhammad (S.A.W.) became the Prophet of Allah are called ______________?

looking forward to your posts everyone!!!! :D ;)

Pinkrose
06-08-2005, 11:34 PM

no1 wants to answer? :omg:

Bin Qasim
06-08-2005, 11:57 PM

I will try insha ALlah but these questions look tough

1) Give the name of the Qur'anic Surah which is translated as follows: "Say, He is Allah, One Allah, the Everlasting, who has not begotten and has not been begotten and no one is equal to Him."

A: Surah Ikhlas

A: most probably either Allah or Muhammad pbuh

A: Vadi-e-Atiq :p

4) Name the first mousque which was built in Madinah soon after Hijra or migration of the Prophet and the other Muslims.

A: Masjid-e-Quba

5) How many years after the first Revelation did the Prophet Muhammed(S.A.W.) start preaching publicly?

A: 3yrs

6) Whose entry into Islam in its early stages helped to strengthen it and enable Muslims to say their prayers openly in Ka'bah for the first time?

A: Umar

7) The years following the first Revelation, after which Muhammad (S.A.W.) became the Prophet of Allah are called ______________?

A: Nubbuwat :-[

I tried my best. Jazak Allahu Khair for waiting :brother:

moaaz
06-10-2005, 05:23 PM

next questions??
;)

Pinkrose
06-10-2005, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bin Qasim

I will try insha ALlah but these questions look tough

A: Surah Ikhlas

A: most probably either Allah or Muhammad pbuh

A: Vadi-e-Atiq :p

A: Masjid-e-Quba

A: 3yrs

A: Umar

A: Nubbuwat :-[

I tried my best. Jazak Allahu Khair for waiting :brother:

Wa'iyakah bro. Sorry if the questions were too tough but thanx for trying bro Bin Qasim and bro zAk. you did really good. you got them right except 2,4. :applaud: :) :shade:

A1) Al-Ikhlas

A2) Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh)

A3) Bakka

A4) Masjide Nabawi

A5) 3yrs.

A6) Umar Ibn-Al-Khattab

A7) Nabowwa.

Ibn Syed
06-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Next q's I'm waitin here.

Pinkrose
06-10-2005, 11:26 PM

alright bro. sry. :D
i hope these questions aren't too hard.

Q) who was with the Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) and his Egyptian wife Hajir, when they entered the valley of Makkah?

Q) The Prophet Ismail (pbuh) married a girl from the tribe of Jurham and this led to the foundation of which celebrated Arabia tribe to which the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) belonged?

Q) Give another word for Ka'bah which means "Sacred Sanctuary" whose priests and custodians were Quraysh in the pre-Islamic days.

Q) What is the name of the year when Abraha with his Abyssinian army made an unsuccessful attempt to destroy Ka'bah?

Q) Which Surah of the Qur'an describes the extraordinary event that happened in the year of the Elephant.

Q) Before Islam how many idols were worshipped in Ka'bah?

Q) Who was the most ruthless, powerful and bitter enemy of Islam in its early days?

Alright!! good luck everyone!! :D :shade:

Ibn Syed
06-11-2005, 03:36 AM
1.Ismail?

2.Quraish?

4.Year of the Elephant

5. Surah al fil

That's all I know off the top of my head.

Umm_Qaylah
06-11-2005, 04:38 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Q) who was with the Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) and his Egyptian wife Hajir, when they entered the valley of Makkah?
1. Their son Isma'il.

Q) The Prophet Ismail (pbuh) married a girl from the tribe of Jurham and this led to the foundation of which celebrated Arabia tribe to which the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) belonged?
2.The tribe of Quraish.

Q) Give another word for Ka'bah which means "Sacred Sanctuary" whose priests and custodians were Quraysh in the pre-Islamic days.
3. It means 'Haram'.

Q) What is the name of the year when Abraha with his Abyssinian army made an unsuccessful attempt to destroy Ka'bah?
4. The year of the Elephant which is also the year in which Prophet Muhammad (saw) was born.

Q) Which Surah of the Qur'an describes the extraordinary event that happened in the year of the Elephant.
5. The events are explained in Surah al-Fil

6. There were 365 idols in the Kabah before Islam.

Q) Who was the most ruthless, powerful and bitter enemy of Islam in its early days?
7. Prophet Mohammad (saw)'s worst enemy and the enemy of Islaam was Abu Sufyan ibn Harb.

'Alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

Pinkrose
06-11-2005, 02:59 PM

what do you mean confirmation bro zAk? :shade:

أحمد
06-13-2005, 09:46 AM

:D I think confirmation is very important; especially when the answers add on extra idols to the Ka'bah; there were 348 idol changes every year leaving 360 and ever four years 377 to keep a balanced shirk system but the 365 idea is pulled out of thin air by so-called scholars that don't bother studying Islamic Literature. The answer is 360 NOT 365. As in those days the Mushriks had one day for worshipping each god and three days given each to the four main . . . :) Brother zAK is right; we do need confirmation here . . . :zip: Sub-haan-Allah . . .

أحمد
06-13-2005, 10:01 AM
oh just noticed the number of idols mentioned,

wateva i heard always, its 360 not 365 :-\

:D It is 360, but some people get it mixed up with the Christian Callender system and end up with five extra . . . :zip:

Pinkrose
06-13-2005, 03:17 PM

~lol~
Alright, sry!! :D

:applaud: Great Job to all of you who Answered!!! You were right!! ;) :thumbs_up

A) Their little son Isma'il.

A) Quraysh

A) Haram

A) Year of the Elephant

A) Al-Feel.

A) 360.

A) Abu Jahl.

:w: :shade:

Umm_Qaylah
06-13-2005, 03:32 PM

lol, I just heard 'The Life of the Prophet Muhammad (saw)' b y Anwar Awlaki yesterday and realized my mistakes but forgot to change my answers (if we are even allowed to).

Jezaaki-Allaahu Khayren.

May Allaah reward you for your efforts, aameen.

Wa'Alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

Pinkrose
06-13-2005, 03:38 PM

Okie-Dokie next Questions!!!!! :D

Q) What was the name of the Nestorian monk, who first noticed the signs of Prophethood in Muhammed(peace be upon him) when he was only a young boy?

Q) What was the age of the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) when he married his first wife Khadijah who was then about 40 years of age?

Q) Did the Prophet marry any other women while his first wife Khadijah was alive?

Q) Who was the first child who embraced Islam?

Q) Who was the first woman who embraced Islam?

Q) Who was the first man who embraced Islam?

Q) What were the names of the Prophet and Khadijahs two sons who died at a very early age?

Good luck everyone. :thumbs_up

Umm_Qaylah
06-13-2005, 04:07 PM

Q) What was the name of the Nestorian monk, who first noticed the signs of Prophethood in Muhammed(peace be upon him) when he was only a young boy?
A) Buhaira, a christian monk.

Q) What was the age of the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) when he married his first wife Khadijah who was then about 40 years of age?
A) Prophet Muhammad (saw) was 25 years old at the time of his first marriage.

Q) Did the Prophet marry any other women while his first wife Khadijah was alive?
A) No, he did not.

A) 'Ali was the first child to embrace islam

A) The first woman to embrace Islam was the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) Khadijah.

A) The first man to embrace Islam was Prophet Muhammad (saw0's best friend from childhood was Abi Bakr.

Q) What were the names of the Prophet and Khadijahs two sons who died at a very early age?
A) The names of Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Khadijah's sons were Qasim and 'Abdullaah.

Umm_Qaylah
06-13-2005, 04:17 PM

Prophet Muhammad (saw) also had a son named Ibrahim but he was not from Khadijah. He died in infancy as well.

Wa'Alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh

Pinkrose
06-13-2005, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Qaylah

lol, I just heard 'The Life of the Prophet Muhammad (saw)' b y Anwar Awlaki yesterday and realized my mistakes but forgot to change my answers (if we are even allowed to).

Jezaaki-Allaahu Khayren.

May Allaah reward you for your efforts, aameen.

Wa'iyaaki sis Umm Qaylah!!
Ameen!!!! :D

Pinkrose
06-15-2005, 06:59 PM

Otay time 4 the answers!!

:applaud: Good job sis Umm Qaylah and bro zAk!! :thumbs_up

A) Bahirah!!

A) 25 yrs approximately

A) No

A) Ali

A) Khadijah Ummul Mommnin

A) Abu Bakr

A) Al-Qasim and Al-Tahir!!

Umm_Qaylah
06-15-2005, 07:06 PM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah,

Masha-Allaah. The Prophet Muhamamd (saw)'s son 'Abdullaah was nicknamed Tahir so AlHumdu-Lillaah.

Next questions. I like this Trivia. :)

Pinkrose
06-15-2005, 07:33 PM

Jazaakalah sis Umm Qaylah!!!!

Otay here are the next ?'s!!!

Q) What was the bone contention between different clans of Quraysh at the time of rebuilding Ka'bah and was peacefully settled by Muhammad (pbuh)?

Q) Dhul-Quadah, Dhul-Hijja and Moharram are three of the sacred months. What is the fourth one?

Q) What is the Arabic word used for the biography of the Prophet?

Q) Give the name of one of the Prophets uncles who was his bitter enemy and also, with his wife, was strongly condemned by Allah in the Qur'an.

Q) Who was the Christian ruler of the Abyssinia who showed kindness to Muslim immigrants from Makkah at the time of the Prophet?

Q) In which direction did the Muslims turn their faces for praying in the early days of Islam?

Good Luck everyone!! :thumbs_up :shade:

Umm_Qaylah
06-15-2005, 07:51 PM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah,

Q) What was the bone contention between different clans of Quraysh at the time of rebuilding Ka'bah and was peacefully settled by Muhammad (pbuh)?
A) Each of the tribes wanted to be the tribe that inserted the Black Stone at the Kaaba.

Q) Dhul-Quadah, Dhul-Hijja and Moharram are three of the sacred months. What is the fourth one?
A) The month of Rajab.

A) Al-Seerah

Q) Give the name of one of the Prophets uncles who was his bitter enemy and also, with his wife, was strongly condemned by Allah in the Qur'an.
A) His uncle's name was ABu Lahab.

Q) Who was the Christian ruler of the Abyssinia who showed kindness to Muslim immigrants from Makkah at the time of the Prophet?
A) Negas

Q) In which direction did the Muslims turn their faces for praying in the early days of Islam?
A) Jerusalem

Wa'Alaykum As-salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

Pinkrose
06-16-2005, 11:38 PM

Sry i took 4eva to answer!! :D

:applaud: Good Job sis Umm Qaylah :shade:

A) Putting the blackstone in its place.

Q) Dhul-Quadah, Dhul-Hijja and Moharram are three of the sacred months. What is the fourth
one?

A) Rajab

A) Sirah

A) Abu Lahab

A) Negus

A) Jerusalem

Pinkrose
06-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Otay!!! These ?'s might be a bit tough!!! ;)

Q) When was praying five times a day made compulsory?

Q) What was the most important event of 13th Nabawi?

Q) Which uncle of the Prophet embraced Islam in the 6th Nabawi and laid down his life for the cause of Islam during the battle of Uhud?

Q) When does the Islamic calender begin?

Q) Gregorian calender months are 'Solar Months'. What are Islamic calender months?

Q) What are the first and last months of the Islamic calender?

Q) Which was the most important battle of the 2nd Hijra that was won by Islam?

Good Luck Wid' it!!! :shade:

Umm_Qaylah
06-17-2005, 07:06 PM

Q) When was praying five times a day made compulsory?
A) When the Prophet Muhammad (saw) ascended to the heavens in Isra and Miraj.

Q) What was the most important event of 13th Nabawi?
A) I think you are speaking of Isra' and Miraj but thats a very controversial because we do not know the exact date. Its somewhere between the 11th year of Prophethood to the 13th. Allaahu 'Alaam.

Q) Which uncle of the Prophet embraced Islam in the 6th Nabawi and laid down his life for the cause of Islam during the battle of Uhud?
A)Hamzah ibn 'Abdul-Muttalib

Q) When does the Islamic calender begin?
After the Prophet Muhammad (saw) made Hijrah from Makkah to Madinah.

Q) Gregorian calender months are 'Solar Months'. What are Islamic calender months?
A) Lunar Calander

Q) What are the first and last months of the Islamic calender?
A) Muharram and Dhul-Hijjah

Q) Which was the most important battle of the 2nd Hijra that was won by Islam?
A) Ghazwah of Badr

Wa'Alaykum as-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

Bin Qasim
06-17-2005, 09:08 PM

Sister Umm_Qaylah is all right except Q no 2

answer for it is: Hijra was the main event occured......... :brother:

Umm_Qaylah
06-17-2005, 09:25 PM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum..
format_quote Originally Posted by Bin Qasim

Sister Umm_Qaylah is all right except Q no 2

answer for it is: Hijra was the main event occured......... :brother:

:omg: :omg: :omg:

I was typing them off the top of my head and i totally forgot about the hijrah and what year it was made.

lol, I cant believe it. Jezaaki-Allaahu Khayren for the correction :sister:

Wa'Alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaah.

أحمد
06-23-2005, 12:15 PM

:D NEXT . . . :mad:

أحمد
06-23-2005, 12:27 PM
last set of questions haven't been confirmed yet :brother:

:D They actually have been confirmed; all right except the second one; Hijrah question . . . :thumbs_up :p

Pinkrose
06-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Edit ;D

أحمد
06-24-2005, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose
Edit ;D

:D Next Question: Who's edited the most posts on this forum? ;D

junna1
06-24-2005, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed

:D Next Question: Who's edited the most posts on this forum? ;D

;D ;D ;D

I know!! Edit Girl!!(pinkrose) ;D

Pinkrose
06-24-2005, 09:55 AM

~lol~

Thanx!!
I appreciate that!!

;D ;D ;D

I have bad News for you ppl!! :'(

:w: :sister:

junna1
06-24-2005, 01:32 PM

Hey, don't I get rep points for answering that difficult question. ;D

أحمد
06-24-2005, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by junna1

Hey, don't I get rep points for answering that difficult question. ;D

:D You just did . . . :p

junna1
06-24-2005, 01:57 PM

cool thanks. ;D

Pinkrose
06-24-2005, 05:15 PM

I have lost my answers and my Questions!! :'(

Nooooooooo!! I have no idea where the heck i put them!!
I had it all this week except when i finally need them there're gone!!
How great is that!!

Inshallah i'll find them!! :'(
Until then if anyone has any Islamic Questions to post plz' do!!
Don't let this thread go down otay!! :D

:w: :sister:

Pinkrose
06-24-2005, 07:40 PM

I guess Junna1 got her contagouse Short Term Memorie Loss on me and i lost my questions now!! :anger:

WomanOfJihad
06-24-2005, 07:47 PM

ok if any1 dnt mind ill take the honours to pot a Question inshAllah ..

its Simple.. shudnt take long

How many battles ( ghazwaat) took place in the 5th Year of Hijrah ..and which ones were they?

WomanOfJihad
06-27-2005, 12:32 PM

*disapointed to see no one has answered the Question yet *

cum on bros n sis ..i bet u all r now stress freee ..n enjoying the holidays n soon gna go on trips luky pple

* geting Jealous*

Khayr .. the Ghazwaat are interstin to answer .. :)

* Zak i aint bak bak yet .. but wait till next week .. n i m here for god insHallah *

Pinkrose
07-01-2005, 12:22 PM

I seriously don't know what happened to my IQ's!! :'(
It just dissapeared!!
Oh man, this sux!!

Thanx sis WomanofJihad for posting a question!! :sister:

:w: :'(

WomanOfJihad
07-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Battle of Ahzab (Trench) n Expedition of Banu Quraizah ???

sorry bro... try again inshAllah. thats nt the right answerr ...

WomanOfJihad
07-02-2005, 10:35 AM

InsHallah.. i'll give out the answer by tonyt .. now that ill b here more often :shade:

Brother_Mujahid
07-02-2005, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

How many battles ( ghazwaat) took place in the 5th Year of Hijrah ..and which ones were they?

battle of khandaq and khaibar

wasalam :shade:

WomanOfJihad
07-02-2005, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
battle of khandaq and khaibar

ye mashAllah u got ONe right which is ..

BAttle of Khandaq

Battle of Khandaq took place in the 7th year of Hijrah.

to make members lives easier 4 Ghazwaat took place in the 5th year ... one has been mentioned by bro Mujahid .. 3 more to go insHallah :)

Brother_Mujahid
07-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Campaign against Bani Quraizah

Campaign against Bani al Mustaliq

theres also disagreement whether the battle of the trench was actually in 5 A.H or whether in 6 A.H

WomanOfJihad
07-02-2005, 11:35 AM

ohh Sorry my faulttt .. didnt know ...

* i dnt think any1 is gna get the rest 3 :-[ they r triky names *

Brother_Mujahid
07-02-2005, 11:36 AM

ohh Sorry my faulttt .. didnt know ...

* i dnt think any1 is gna get the rest 3 :-[ they r triky names *

and your going to make us wait till night :applaud:

WomanOfJihad
07-02-2005, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
Campaign against Bani Quraizah

Campaign against Bani al Mustaliq

theres also disagreement whether the battle of the trench was actually in 5 A.H or whether in 6 A.H

BANI AL MUSTALIQ and BANI QURAIZAH :thumbs_up

ONE more to gooooooooo !!!

Bro zAk had 2 right ones . didnt notice :-[

Brother_Mujahid
07-02-2005, 11:44 AM
the only other one is Al-Hudaybiyah

but theres disagreement on the dates of some of these battles, some will say 5 A.H and others will say 6 A.H

WomanOfJihad
07-02-2005, 11:56 AM

Al Hudaybiyyah is nt the one .. keep trying.. insHallah..

Brother_Mujahid
07-05-2005, 03:46 PM
and the answer is...........

hopefully sometime today ;D

WomanOfJihad
07-06-2005, 02:15 PM

4 battles ( ghazwaat) which took place in 5th year of Hijrah was

ghazwah Bani Quraizah

ghazwah Banu al Mustaliq

Ghazwah Ahzab / Khandaq

the LAST ONE WASSS

Ghazwah Doumatul Jandal

* Soorrry for late reply .. just shows how disorganised i m * :-[

WomanOfJihad
07-06-2005, 04:36 PM

Ghazwah dulatul jandal took place in the month of Rabbi ul awwal...

when our Prophet saw was in Madinah ... where i think the Yahudis gave them permision to stay ... and the Ahle Qureysh in Makkah they sent letters to the Yahudis sayin to throw our prophet saw out of Madinah or else they wud have a war against yahudis as well... and ofcourse the Yahudis were just lookin for an excuse to how they cud go against the Propht muhammad saw .. so the Yahudis t got together with the people of Qureysh .. and decided to have a war against the Prophet saw .. n thats when Ghazwah bani Qureizah and Ghazwah banu mustaliq took place .. and along with that was Ghazwah dumatul jandal .. all this battles had same links ..

( hope it made sence)

Allahu Alim ...

Brother_Mujahid
07-06-2005, 05:01 PM
okay next question is:

Which companion was taken as a prisoner by the romans?

WomanOfJihad
07-06-2005, 09:21 PM

Abdullah Bin Huzayfah ?

Brother_Mujahid
07-06-2005, 09:22 PM

Abdullah Bin Huzayfah ?

nope

clue: he was also sent on a mission by the prophet (saw)

WomanOfJihad
07-06-2005, 09:41 PM

Give us one more clue ..

Brother_Mujahid
07-06-2005, 09:47 PM

Give us one more clue ..

hmmmmm okay lemme think...........

he was one of the greatest mujahideen of islam, when he accepted islam he was a young fearless cheiftain who gave 1000 pure bred camels to bait ul maal (the treasury)

want the answer...........?

WomanOfJihad
07-08-2005, 10:01 AM

Uthman ibn Affan ? ? ?

DOES ANY1 ELSE KNOW THE ANSWER .. COZ I DUNNO !!

* awaits for sum1 else to take the honours to answer it ! *

cumon u lazy Memberss ....

Brother_Mujahid
07-10-2005, 03:23 PM
right its been 3 days, the correct answer is..........

Dharar bin Azwar Asadi

when he was captured and the news reached his sister she immediatley got up and got on a horse, she went and fought the romans in the front rank striking and killing the enemy so swiftly. When the muslims saw this new warrior they were eager to find out who this new brave and couragous warrior was, the fighter continued to fight upon questioning until the commander of the muslim army, khalid bin waleed had to go up to her and ask her to reveal who she was. After the commander made a supplication that Allah rewards her.

she replied that she wanted the muslims to make a plan to rescue her brother, so khalid (ra) sent a group of cavalry which went and intercepted the romans who were taking the prisoner back to their general, they managed to free the companion.

When this companion fought in battles he would not wear amour and would wear nothing from his navel upwards

next question...........

WomanOfJihad
07-10-2005, 09:57 PM

JazakAllahu khairan .. bro Mujahid .. :thumbs_up

* any1 interested in posting another question plz ? ... Shukran*

Pinkrose
07-29-2005, 11:14 AM

Hey all!!

*sighs*

There is no hope!! My questions are no where to be found!! :'(

If anyone has IQ's you know you can ask them right!!?

Well i just hope that they come into sight!! (the ?'s)

:w: :wilted_ro

Haya emaan
08-03-2005, 01:45 PM
may i ask the question

Haya emaan
08-03-2005, 01:59 PM
what is the name of the prophets campanion about whom the first ayas of sura abas were revealed

Pinkrose
08-03-2005, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mun-o-salwa
may i ask the question

Of course sis!! You don't have to ask!! :D

Umm_Qaylah
08-04-2005, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mun-o-salwa
what is the name of the prophets campanion about whom the first ayas of sura abas were revealed
'Abdullaah Ibn Umm Maktum.

The portion that relates about him in the Qur'aan is as follows :

"He frowned and turned away when the blind man approached him! Yet for all you knew, (O Muhammad), he might perhaps have grown in purity or have been reminded of the Truth, and helped by this reminder. Now as for him who believes himself to be self-sufficientÑto him you gave your whole attention, although you are not accountable for his failure to attain to purity. But as for him who came unto you full of eagerness and in awe of God, him did you disregard.

Nay, verily, this is but a reminder and so, whoever is willing may remember Him in the light of His revelations blest with dignity, lofty and pure, borne by the hands of messengers, noble and most virtuous."
Surah Abasa

Labaik Ya Allah
08-06-2005, 06:05 PM
i have no idea

SonOFAhmadZ
09-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Sister Pinkrose, I had a quick question. I heard there are a lot of Muslims in Michigan. Is that true?

Pinkrose
09-07-2005, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SonOFAhmadZ
Sister Pinkrose, I had a quick question. I heard there are a lot of Muslims in Michigan. Is that true?

Yes bro that is true!! But there are not that much in Grand Rapids!! They have a lot of the muslims in Detroit MI!!

Pinkrose
09-08-2005, 08:12 PM

Here are some Islamic Questions!!

1) The following were among The Prophet Muhammad's daughters, except:

A : Ruqayah
B : Aminah
C : Saudah
D : Fatimah

2) Name the Prophet Muhammad's wife who was the daughter of Umar Al-Khattab?

A : Umm Salamah
B : Khadijah
C : Hafsah
D : Aishah

3) Who was the Prophet Muhammad's daughter who became the first wife of Uthman Ibn Affan (Radiallahu Anhu)?

A : Ruqayyah
B : Umm Kulthum
C : Fatimah
D : Saudah

4) Who was the first daughter of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from his beloved wife Khadijah?

A : Ruqayah
B : Saudah
C : Zaynab
D : Fatimah

5) Name a woman among the Prophet's Companions whose son, father, and grandfather were all among the Prophet's Companions?

A : Asma' Bint Abu Bakr
B : Safiyah Bint Abdul Muthalib
C : Ramlah Bint Abu Sufyan
D : Rumaysa Bint Milham

Pinkrose
09-09-2005, 08:55 PM

I made it multiple choice ya'll!! ~lol~ Why isn't anyone answering? :)

Pinkrose
09-13-2005, 01:04 AM

Noone? :?

Alright!! I see!! :wilted_ro

Pinkrose
09-13-2005, 01:12 AM

Finally sumone guesses!!

Well the first one is right!! :thumbs_up
The 5th one is not C!! :omg:

Umm_Qaylah
11-23-2007, 06:08 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

Ohh, SubHana-Allaah. How could I have missed this thread?
:O

1) The following were among The Prophet Muhammad's daughters, except:
C : Saudah

2) Name the Prophet Muhammad's wife who was the daughter of Umar Al-Khattab?
C : Hafsah

3) Who was the Prophet Muhammad's daughter who became the first wife of Uthman Ibn Affan (Radiallahu Anhu)?
A : Ruqayyah

4) Who was the first daughter of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from his beloved wife Khadijah?
C : Zaynab

5) Name a woman among the Prophet's Companions whose son, father, and grandfather were all among the Prophet's Companions?
A : Asma' Bint Abu Bakr
I am not sure about her grandfather though. :S Allaahu 'Alaam, I never read (or from what I can remember) anything in regards to him.

Please revive this thread. :(

Was-Salaamu 'ALaykum Wa Rahmatullaah

Abida
11-23-2007, 02:34 PM
#1. Iqra'

#2. Jibril a.s.

#3. Hira

#4. Ramadan

#5. dont know:cry:

#6. Hatija r.a.

#7. 40

jouju
11-23-2007, 04:58 PM
1.suratul ikhlaas
2.prophet Ebraheem
3.Bakkah
4.Masjid Quba
5.3 years
6.Umar RA
7. no idea

chacha_jalebi
11-23-2007, 05:03 PM
okies someone ask another question . . . .

Re.TiReD
11-23-2007, 07:46 PM
:salamext: Who was Abu Turab and why was he given that kunyah? Oh, and who was he given it by?

Umm_Qaylah
11-23-2007, 11:07 PM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
:salamext: Who was Abu Turab and why was he given that kunyah? Oh, and who was he given it by?

Narrated Sahl bin Sad: The most beloved names to 'Ali was Abu Turab, and he used to be pleased when we called him by it, for none named him Abu Turab (for the first time), but the Prophet . Once 'Ali got angry with (his wife) Fatima, and went out (of his house) and slept near a wall in the mosque. The Prophet came searching for him, and someone said, "He is there, lying near the wall." The Prophet came to him while his ('Ali's) back was covered with dust. The Prophet started removing the dust from his back, saying, "Get up, O Abu Turab!"

Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 8.223

Was-salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah

truemuslim
05-27-2008, 10:00 PM
mashallah great thread! lets continue it and gain tons of islamic knowledge inshallah :)

Faye
08-02-2008, 01:57 PM
yes, somebody ask

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.