/* */

PDA

View Full Version : People with two religions, islam and any other religion.

Dore
12-17-2004, 08:21 PM
:sl:

A year or 2 ago I studied wtih this "brother" that had 2 religions. He wasnt a firm believer though. His parents were Hindoe and Moslim. This year I met another "brother" from nigeria and he claims to be half christian and half moslim although he's more bonded to christianity. These people think they are exploiting a loop hole in the religion system since they both enjoy both religions. One celebrates christmas and then Eid again ? :-X.

What are your views on such people ? And how would you talk sense into them ? We all know that you cant be "half moslim" thats just impossible right ? I dont know about the christianity part so no comment 8)

comment please

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
12-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Assalamalekuum!

There is no such thing as dual-practice in Islam. Especially if it contradicts each other. Truth and falsehood cannot co-exist.

Allah SWT said in the Qu'ran:
This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam.
[Qur'an 5:3]

People who claim to be practicing two religions are deluding themselves. And in this case, it's most likely that your mate uses the "pick-and-choose" technique (i.e. selected verses).

Wa'salaam

Khaldun
12-17-2004, 09:53 PM

I would like to re-point what has already been said. To become a muslim one has to say the "Shahada" which basically is "I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhamed is His Messenger" this will make a person "Muslim". However if one was to say this and add something extra, which the prophet never mentioned i.e "Bidah" (innovation) then he has clearly nullfied his islam and left the fold of islam. Also it is a direct command from Allah to be firm muslims, and that you cant be "half-half"

O you who believe! enter into submission one and all and do not follow the footsteps of Shaitan; surely he is your open enemy.

meaning " enter into islam fully, as proper muslims"

Abdalla
12-19-2004, 05:33 PM

im so happy to see brothers helping brothers!

to re-emphasise whats already been sed again, there is no dual-worship in islam fullstop.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
12-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Just to point out: techincally speaking all non muslims are/were muslims cus they were born muslims but, as brother khaldun said, you have to say shahada. dont tell me off or nutting :D i was just saying in general :D

Khaldun
12-19-2004, 11:00 PM

lol :P....I understand but i hope you could see where i was comin from :)

aamirsaab
12-20-2004, 10:07 AM
yes i did :D - iwas aware of what u lot were saying , i was making a general statement so that people do not get confused. hehe

A. Mukhtar
12-21-2004, 09:20 PM

I am really surprised at the quality of the answers offered. We undoubtedly got some Scholars here...!!

Just to add, as usual, and as it has already been put clear by the brothers, you cannot under any circumstance believe in 2 diametrically opposed beliefs. I cannot believe that someone could be a Muslim and a Christian at the same time. Let me mention one fundamental difference.

Islam says: Allah (God) is one and one alone, not part of a trinity.
Christianity says: (Even though some argue that God is one, but almost all of them believe...) God is part of the trinity, 3 Gods forming 1.

So you are a Chris-Muslim, which one would you stick to?!

It is just like you have turned Kafir.

And Allah say in the Qur'an:

"Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right)".

And,

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good)".

These are just one of the few Verses...

julie sarri
02-26-2006, 01:47 PM
:sl: ther is no such thing you are muslim or you are not:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.