/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton for President 2008

AvarAllahNoor
08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
I do feel sorry for the next ELECTED (unlike dubya) President as they would have a very big problem trying to rectify what bushy has created!!

USA TODAY

Poll majority say they'd be likely to vote for Clinton

WASHINGTON — For the first time, a majority of Americans say they are likely to vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton if she runs for president in 2008, according to a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll taken Friday through Sunday.

Fifty-three percent of poll respondents say they'd probably support Clinton in a run for president.
By Charles Dharapak, AP

The survey shows that the New York senator and former first lady has broadened her support nationwide over the past two years, though she still provokes powerful feelings from those who oppose her.

Clinton commands as much strong support — but more strong opposition — as George W. Bush did in a Newsweek poll in November 1998, two years before the 2000 election. She is in slightly stronger position than then-vice president Al Gore, the eventual 2000 Democratic nominee, was in 1998.

"Over time, Clinton fatigue has dissipated ... and people are looking back on the Clinton years more favorably," says Andrew Kohut, director of the non-partisan Pew Research Center. In a Pew poll released this month, Kohut called former president Bill Clinton and the senator "comeback kids" because of their rising ratings.

"This may also reflect that she has been recasting her image as a more moderate person," he says.

Spokesmen for Sen. Clinton declined to discuss the survey. "She's just focused on working and doing her job for New York," says Anne Lewis, a veteran Democratic operative working at Hillpac, Clinton's political action committee.

Clinton has been leading the field of Democratic presidential contenders for the 2008 election, still more than three years away. She is running for a second Senate term next year and has dodged questions about whether she'll make a White House bid.

In the poll, 29% were "very likely" to vote for Clinton for president if she runs in 2008; 24% were "somewhat likely." Seven percent were "not very likely" and 39% were "not at all likely" to vote for her.

Her strong support has risen by 8 percentage points, and her strong opposition has dropped by 5 points since the same question was asked in June 2003.

In the new survey, more than seven in 10 Americans said they would be likely to vote for an unspecified woman for president in 2008 if she were running. One in five said they wouldn't be likely to vote for her.

Karen White, political director of the liberal group Emily's List, says the findings underscore growing acceptance of women as candidates, even for president. "People realize that women reach across party lines and are problem-solvers, and they want to see more of that in public life," she says.

No woman has been nominated for national office by one of the two major parties since Geraldine Ferraro was Walter Mondale's running mate in 1984.

Voters under 30 were by far the most likely to say they would support a woman for president. More than half of them said they were "very likely" to vote for a woman, compared with less than one-third of those 50 and older.

Among those who were very or somewhat likely to vote for Clinton for president, there were:

•A big gender gap. Six of 10 women but 45% of men were likely to support her.

•Significant differences by age. Two of three voters under 30 were likely to support her, compared with fewer than half of those 50 and older.

•Strongest support from those with the lowest income. Sixty-three percent of those with annual household incomes of $20,000 or less were likely to support her, compared with 49% of those with incomes of $75,000 or higher.

•And big swings by ideology. An overwhelming 80% of liberals were likely to support her, compared with 58% of moderates and 33% of conservatives.

Among those surveyed, 54% called Clinton a liberal, 30% a moderate and 9% a conservative.

Would you want her to be elected?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
08-14-2006, 07:04 PM
While polls are nice, they aren't a good indication if one could win a national election. To win the presidency one must win a majority of the South, which Hillary will find nearly impossible to do. I believe the Democrats will take the House, the Senate will remain in Republican control, and the next president will also be Republican.

QuranStudy
08-14-2006, 07:32 PM
I hate Hillary.

At least McCain is honest.

AvarAllahNoor
08-14-2006, 07:33 PM
As long as Condiments and rice don't get in!!!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
08-14-2006, 07:43 PM
If Hillary runs, she has my vote. But I would bet dubble that she would not win. As long as Jed doesn't run, I can give up my ABBB stance.
(Any Body But Bush)

QuranStudy
08-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Most likely McCain will become our new Prez.

al-fateh
08-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Rice is probably going to run, but not now

after Clinton she will

sameer
08-14-2006, 07:51 PM
so how much more time does bush have in office?

QuranStudy
08-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Two more years

syilla
08-15-2006, 02:03 AM
isn't she is the one...that showed her bust... :rollseyes

Keltoi
08-15-2006, 02:09 AM
I know some people like to believe Democrats will bring more "peace" to the world. All the utopian visions and idealistic diatribes don't amount to much when you're sitting in the Oval Office. The burden can wear down a human body pretty fast. Look at pictures of Bill Clinton his first year in office compared to his last. The same with George Bush, though granted Bush had quite a bit more on his plate. I think Hillary Clinton has enough experience with the White House to understand things aren't as simple as the Democratic soundbite of the week. Whoever becomes the next President of the United States has my sympathy.

north_malaysian
08-15-2006, 03:20 AM
Can Americans have Oprah as their next President?

Zulkiflim
08-15-2006, 03:36 AM
Salaam,

Hillary is jew suporter,if only she is someone who supprt justice.
But that is the way with the US administration,they are ruled by corporation..

Not by turth or justice.

For the Ummah we should understand it is time to make the Ummah one again,we cannot depend on the kafirs for justice for they see only JUSTICE FOR THEMSEVLES...

Ummah wake up..Inshallah

north_malaysian
08-15-2006, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Hillary is jew suporter
I've heard that she joined Pro-Israeli demonstrations in new york so did Arnold Schwezernnehgger...

AvarAllahNoor
08-15-2006, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
isn't she is the one...that showed her bust... :rollseyes
Her hubby was a good president i thought (minus the personal life) At least he tried to make peace between Palestine and Israel at camp david. Quite the opposite of what dubya the idiot has done!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.