/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Come out from under that mask!

sharmiela
06-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Assalaamu Aleikoem waragmatulaahi wabarakaatu

Who am I ?

How coincidental .I had a workshop earlier -part of my gadj course classes - and this was exactly the question the Shaykh asked us .

We sometimes are to afraid to reveal even to ourselves who we really are.We may chose to hide behind a mask ,pretending , to afraid to be who we really are for fear that we would be ridiculed.
The Nabie S.A.W always asked ALLAH : O,Allah allow others to see the good in me and allow me to see my shortcomings /negativities so that I can acknowledge them and change them."
In order to know who we are we need to look at ourselves in a mirror -we should not distort or modify the picture staring back at us - we must embrace all our character traits and those negative traits identified should be the areas we would need to work on more.
Without truelly taking stock of ourself we are not able to bring about any changes.
Come out from under that mask!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
06-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Thread split

This post was in reply to a game we were playing in the halal section, I thought it would be more appropriate here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.