/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what to do?????

muslimah_here
08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
:sl:
im trying to learn more about islam INSHALLAH, however it seems difficult to take out time from household chores and mum is ill so she wants my company 24 hours, so what should i do?? problem is most lectures i wana listen to are in english and mum does not undertsand them that well, at the same time I feel guilty if i listen to something mum cant understand and if i leave her alone i feel horrible. i hope INSHALLAH I m able to give more time to my deen.

another probem i face all the time is my relatives who tend to backbite too much i tried stopping them but it backfired on me and Im getting sick of it to an extent that most of the times I just dont like being in their company and when I with them I dont feel my imaan growing strong as most of my relaitves give more preference to culture than deen.

FI-AMANALLAH.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
08-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Salam,

Look after your mom until she is well.

Keep yourself to yourself where your realtives are concerned.

Allah knows what is going on. So, don't feel sad.

Wasalam

- Qatada -
08-15-2006, 05:27 PM
:wasalamex

Sister, you could tell us which language your mom prefers and we could try to give you links to the lectures in that language. This way - you could both have turns to listen to the lectures insha'Allaahu ta'aala.

- Qatada -
08-15-2006, 05:30 PM
A woman who is extremely shy is sitting in a place where people are backbiting – is there any sin on her?

Question:

I am a girl who hates backbiting and malicious gossip. Sometimes I find myself in the midst of a group of people who are talking about people, and they engage in backbiting and malicious gossip. I myself loathe and detest this, but I am extremely shy and I cannot tell them not to do that, and there is no place where I can keep away from them. Allaah knows that I wish they would talk about something else. Is there any sin on me for sitting with them? What should I do?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There is sin on you in that case, unless you speak out against the evil action. If they accept that from you, then praise be to Allaah, otherwise you must leave them and not sit with them, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when you (Muhammad) see those who engage in a false conversation about Our Verses (of the Qur’aan) by mocking at them, stay away from them till they turn to another topic. And if Shaytaan (Satan) causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not you in the company of those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)”

[al-An’aam 6:68]

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’aan) that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them” [al-Nisa’ 4:140]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, then let him change it with his hand (by taking action against it); if he cannot, then with his tongue (by speaking out against it); and if he cannot, then with his heart (by hating it and believing it to be wrong), and that is the weakest of faith.” (Narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh). And there are many similar aayahs and ahaadeeth.

Fataawa al-Shaykh ibn Baaz in al-Fataawa al-Jaami’ah li’l-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, p. 1012

source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...txt=backbiting

Also read:

Backbiting (gheebah) and its expiation

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...txt=backbiting

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah_here
08-25-2006, 02:32 PM
JAZAKALLAh fro the advice!!! My mom understands urdu much better. She be having an operation soon INSHALLAh just pray for her that she gets well.
I thot the same about backbiting so a few times i did try to stop ppl backbiting but failed however I still keep trying that no one does it at my home, If I cant stop then INSHALLAh il just leave the room, or try to change the topic that has worked for me sometimes. may ALLAH guide us all and make us all worthy of entering paradise, ameen.

FI-AMANALLAH.

DigitalStorm82
08-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Asalaamu Alaikaum,

May Allah grant her a quick recovery inshallah.

I too suffer from the same paki family gossip... I gave up a long time ago... desi people just don't change... I just don't stay in the gathering anymore...

May Allah help us all.
Ameen.

w'salaamz,
Hamid

- Qatada -
08-27-2006, 01:51 PM

jazak Allaah bro zAk :) Here's a site for good english lectures too insha'Allaah:

http://www.streetdawah.com/anwaralawlaki.html

http://www.sabbir.com/DownloadHalal.html

And a really good site for dua's insha'Allaah:

http://makedua.com/

:salamext:

muslimah_here
08-28-2006, 09:34 AM
JAZAKALLAH for all the websites in urdu! :) INSHALLAh il try to listen to them with mum! :) MASHALLAH muslims in here have so much knowledge, may ALLAh help us all in becoming muslim INSHALLAH.

fi-amanallah.

~Stranger~
08-29-2006, 09:25 PM
oh the backbiting issue....

the same thing happened to me

what to do??!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!