/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iranian president launches weblog

QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Deleted Link

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has joined a burgeoning international community - by starting his own weblog.

The launch of Deleted Link was reported on state TV, which urged users to send in messages to the president.

Mr Ahmadinejad's first posting, entitled autobiography, tells of his childhood, Iran's Islamic revolution, and the country's war with Iraq.

The blog includes a poll asking if users think the US and Israel are trying to trigger a new world war.

There is a postform for users to send in questions for the president, and a picture gallery containing a series of images of the blogger himself.

The move by Mr Ahmadinejad comes amid continuing internet censorship by the Iranian government.

In a country where the media is strictly controlled, the internet has become the main forum for dissident voices.
But in its bid to crack down on anti-government bloggers, the government uses one of the most sophisticated internet censorship systems in the world.

Such restrictions will not pose a problem for the president. However, at the end of his first posting - which runs to more than 2,000 words in English - he promises to try to keep things "shorter and simpler" in future.

"With hope in God, I intend to wholeheartedly complete my talk in future with allotted 15 minutes," he writes.

Nose bleed

Mr Ahmadinejad's first entry on his blog, which is available in Persian, Arabic, English and French and includes an RSS feed to get future new entries to readers, is dated Friday.

He begins by telling users of his humble origins. "During the era that nobility was a prestige and living in a city was perfection, I was born in a poor family in a remote village of Garmsar - approximately 90 kilometres west of Tehran," he writes.

His father was a "hard-bitten toiler blacksmith" and a "pious man", who had decided to move the family to Tehran when Mr Ahmadinejad was just a year old.

Describing himself as a "distinguished student", the president tells how he excelled at school, coming 132nd out of more than 400,000 students to take a university entrance test - despite suffering from a nose bleed at the time.

He talks about his admiration and affection for the leader of the Islamic revolution Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, and discusses Iran's war with Iraq, calling former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein an "aggressor" who was "intoxicated with power".

The US is also heavily criticised by the president. At one point he describes it as "Great Satan USA" for what he says was its support for the "terrorist groups" which had tried to collapse Iran's Islamic government.

And the blog's current poll asks the question: "Do you think that the US and Israeli intention and goal by attacking Lebanon is pulling the trigger for another world war?"

'Publicity stunt'

It is not yet clear how well Mr Ahmadinejad's blog will be received. User figures already appear high - by 1100 BST on Monday, nearly 12,000 people had taken part in the online vote.

But Keivan Mehrgan, a Tehran-based blogger, told the Associated Press news agency he thought the president's efforts were merely a publicity stunt.

"Ahmadinejad used to have nothing to do with the internet and even talked against journalists and bloggers before he became president," he was quoted as saying.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4790005.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Why is the link to his blog deleted?

abdmez
08-16-2006, 02:42 PM
this man is a sick man. he leads iran to poverty just for hsi ego.

QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
I recommend you view his interview with Mike Wallace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ninth_Scribe
08-16-2006, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdmez
Suddam made the same mistake too because he assumed that if Iraq was attacked, the other Muslim countries would come to his rescue... but that didn't happen.

You do not provoke a country that has triple your strength and income... that's just plain stupid. There was another way to deal, but he didn't use his head.

Ninth Scribe

abdmez
08-16-2006, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
I recommend you view his interview with Mike Wallace.
I recommend you look at the situation in Iran. They have never had more homeless or people begging for food, there education system is in disarray and many of the mosques are falling apart!

But hey, they might get some Nukes so everything is okay right! Wrong.

QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 02:58 PM
I recommend you look at the situation in Iran. They have never had more homeless or people begging for food, there education system is in disarray and many of the mosques are falling apart!
I did look at the situation in Iran. Go back in history and see why their economic situation is the way it is today.

At least they're not occupying other people's land.

QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 02:59 PM
You do not provoke a country that has triple your strength and income... that's just plain stupid. There was another way to deal, but he didn't use his head.
Are you talking about Israel? LOL

abdmez
08-16-2006, 03:12 PM
I did look at the situation in Iran. Go back in history and see why their economic situation is the way it is today.

At least they're not occupying other people's land.
Oh? There economic situation is what it is today because they have been putting so much money into getting guns instead of helping there people.

There no occupying peoples land? The Shah would say that those Shia are occupying his land, that is for sure.

Kidman
08-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh? There economic situation is what it is today because they have been putting so much money into getting guns instead of helping there people.

There no occupying peoples land? The Shah would say that those Shia are occupying his land, that is for sure.
AhmahdiNejad is a great president... i don't know what you've been smoking. He helps the people, and he knows what he is talking about, just watch the interview, read the letter he sent to bush.. look at the laws he's enacted and so forth... He is trying to turn Iran around in a good, positive, and Islamic way. Yes, there might be some things still wrong with Iran from some of the corrupt Mullah's.. but that is like every government.

AhmahdiNejad actually cares for the people of Iran... Unlike the Shah who was sucking up to America and being like Saudi is today.

Iran is struggling because they don't want to be like that, they would rather struggle and make it on their own than to give up their rights and join up with america and let America use them.

Kidman

QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 03:23 PM
What? Quit it with your ridiculous claims. Iran is WAY better off that it was 27 years ago. Unlike most other countries, it doesnt depend on America for economic support.

And the Iranians would say the Shah was a puppet of the United States.

abdmez
08-16-2006, 03:49 PM
AhmahdiNejad actually cares for the people of Iran... Unlike the Shah who was sucking up to America and being like Saudi is today.
Oh really? Nothing but drop in all economic aspects of Iran have occured since he beacme president. The number of poor double every year, resources are scarce, and he is trying to hold his country together by trying to unite them all in getting Nuclear technology. An aspiration that will only end up hurting the country more as when Russia and China agree to stop trading with Iran it will be over for the country.

QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 03:58 PM
The number of poor double every year
Any statistical proof? It's been only one year since he has become president.

resources are scarce
Iran has a $100 billion oil contract with China, drawn up to 25 years. Iran's future looks good so far.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_315888.htm

he is trying to hold his country together by trying to unite them all in getting Nuclear technology.
The major concern in the future is energy. Iran has every right to have nuclear energy.

An aspiration that will only end up hurting the country more as when Russia and China agree to stop trading with Iran it will be over for the country.
As far as facts are concerned, Russia and China are making big money working with Iran. That is why they are willing to veto any economic sanction against Iran.

abdmez
08-16-2006, 04:07 PM
The major concern in the future is energy. Iran has every right to have nuclear energy.
Then why do they not let Russia give it to them and moniter it on there soil if they want 'energy'?

Keltoi
08-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Then why do they not let Russia give it to them and moniter it on there soil if they want 'energy'?
and why make threats against Israel if you want people to believe your peaceful intentions?

QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Because, this has not happened with other countries with nuclear bombs. Iran agreed to the IAEA just like India, Pakistan etc etc. Ahmadinejad said the energy would be for civilian puposes, not for making bombs/weapons.

and why make threats against Israel if you want people to believe your peaceful intentions?
Ahmadinejad abhors the Zionist regime, not the entire of the Israeli population, he has said so time and time again. It’s no different that the United States openly expressing dislike for the Iranian government. There is no need to make double standards. The United States “threatens” Iran as well.

abdmez
08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
What an apologist.:giggling:

QuranStudy
08-16-2006, 04:30 PM
What an apologist
I have refuted each of your arguments. If ignorance is what you have left, then so be it.

Kidman
08-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Seriously bro.. you should talk crap about a country you don't know anything about... then when you have nothing else to say you start talking about the person your dialoging with...

Kidman

abdmez
08-16-2006, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Seriously bro.. you should talk crap about a country you don't know anything about... then when you have nothing else to say you start talking about the person your dialoging with...

Kidman
I don't know a lot about Iran? How do you know this? How can you justify making a comment that is abhorrently false.

Muezzin
08-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Please get back on topic everyone. If it carries on at this rate, it'll be locked pretty soon.

therebbe
08-16-2006, 05:54 PM
look at the laws he's enacted and so forth...
What type of laws has he enacted that have helped the greater good of Iran?

I R Paki
08-16-2006, 06:00 PM
What is the link? Why has it been removed.

Woodrow
08-16-2006, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by I R Paki
What is the link? Why has it been removed.
I deleted the link to the blog for 2 reasons.

1. In my opinion the view points of the blog's author are sectarian. If the blog had been written as post, I would have deleted it.

2. Blogs can and will change on a daily basis. A blanket approval can/should not be given to a blog link.

S_87
08-16-2006, 10:26 PM
:sl:

i thhink hes given so much publicity only because he opposees the US and they totally cant take it :rolleyes:

wilberhum
08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
I would like to see a debate between Ahmadinejad and Bush.

That would help me decide which is the bigger idiot.

QuranStudy
08-17-2006, 12:36 AM
That would help me decide which is the bigger idiot.
The consensus is that Bush is the bigger idiot. At least Ahmedinejad is very articulate. He really owned Wallace despite Wallace's arrogance.

therebbe
08-17-2006, 12:38 AM
The consensus is that Bush is the bigger idiot. At least Ahmedinejad is very articulate. He really owned Wallace despite Wallace's arrogance.
What?!? He did not give one direct awnser to Wallace the whole time. He basically danced around every single question he was given.

But Bush is still the bigger idiot. lol.

QuranStudy
08-17-2006, 12:39 AM
What?!? He did not give one direct awnser to Wallace the whole time. He basically danced around every single question he was given.
Did did dodge some of the personal questions (ex. about the 52k suicide bombers), but overall he got his message straight.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.