/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days as a Muslim?

therebbe
08-16-2006, 08:42 PM
I saw a link before, but now I cannot find it to a video of some guy who was for 30 days a Muslim.

Can anyone show me the link to get back to finish watching the video. It was veru interesting.

Thank you in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mlsh27
08-16-2006, 08:43 PM
If you can't find the link, you can rent the season 1 DVD of 30 Days which has that episode on it.

Far7an
08-16-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
I saw a link before, but now I cannot find it to a video of some guy who was for 30 days a Muslim.

Can anyone show me the link to get back to finish watching the video. It was veru interesting.

Thank you in advance.
You can watch it here: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...3093819070601&

therebbe
08-16-2006, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Thank you. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
08-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey.

You can check it out from here insha'Allaah: (God willing.)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8361&q=muslims

original thread link: (if any mod wants to merge the threads)
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ys+as+a+muslim

Peace.

afriend
08-16-2006, 08:49 PM
But isn't this like a mocking, becuase, he's not really a Muslim, only acting as one....But hopefully, maybe he may find that life is better as a muslim.

But what if he doesn't carry on after 30 days?

mlsh27
08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
But isn't this like a mocking, becuase, he's not really a Muslim, only acting as one....But hopefully, maybe he may find that life is better as a muslim.

But what if he doesn't carry on after 30 days?
As far as I know, he went back to his life as a Christian. It's good for others to find out what it's like living in another's shoes...it's not in a way of mockery.

Samee
08-16-2006, 08:56 PM
:sl:

He has done many things as trials for 30 days. For those of you who don't know, he was the guy in the move "Super Size Me", in which he ate nothing but McDonalds food for 30 days in order to see the lasting effects on the human body.

:w:

Abdul Fattah
08-16-2006, 11:40 PM
I just watched the movie, mashallah. I don't think this was a mockery, he didn't just try to copy he copied in an attempt to learn and understand better. And if you''d watch it you'll see he did learn a lot from it.

Obviously he didn't "just carry on" afterwards as it was never his intention, He didn't do this because he wanted to becoem muslim, he did it with teh only intention of leanring. So there's nothing hypocrite about "turning back" afterwards. In fact I think he is very sincere to God, you should have seen how afraid he was to follow the prayer. It might seem stupid for someone who takesit for granted, but Imagen for a second that you're in a position where you're asked to follow a christian prayer and state: in the name of the father , the child,and the holy spirit (astagfurallah).

Anyway did they ever do a follow up on this? Wonder if he continued studying qur'an and such.

Najiullah
08-19-2006, 09:01 AM
thank you for the link

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.