/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mentioning phrases after gods name, the prophets name, etc

Malaikah
08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
:sl:

ive been wondering about this for a while, you know when we mention god we add 'subhannallah wa ta3alla' and to the prophet we add peace be upon him... and how we say things when we mention the sahabi and other prophets too.. is it compulsory to say that everytime we mention their names? :?

evidence from the hadith would be appreciated! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-17-2006, 11:33 AM
well there is a hadiths in bukhari & tirmidhi i think, in which RasoolAllah (saw) said "the angels curse those who dont say sallallah hu aley hi wassallam, after my name is mentioned"

and bout the sahaba, we say May Allah (swt) be pleased with em, because mashallah they are such butifull, heavy people we always want, Allah (swt) to bless & be happy with them :D:D:D:D:D

lolwatever
08-17-2006, 11:38 AM
^^ woa serious bro? are u referring to the hadith when prophet was going up the minbar and he said ameen to 3 things, one of them about someone who doesnt say SAW after his name?

or is it a diff one?
jazaks salams

chacha_jalebi
08-17-2006, 12:02 PM
yesh bro thats the hadiths and here it is :D:D:D

narrated on the authority of Hazrath Kaab Ibn Ujra (radhiallahu anhu) that on one occasion RasoolAllah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: When I ascended on the second step of the pulpit, Hazrath Jibraeel (alaihis salaam) said: "Curse be upon that person who hears your name and does not send durood upon you. Upon this I said Aameen"
[Bukhaari]

also

narrated on the authority of Hazrath Qatada (radhiallahu anhu) that RasoolAllah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: "It is unjust of a person in whose presence my name is mentioned and he does not send durood upon me" [Daarmi]

:D:D:D:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
08-17-2006, 12:18 PM
jazaks bro i read that hadith but the term was 'raghuma anfu'... which isn't exactly a curse? like a "diluted curse" or something lol..

but non the less it's an insult and indicates that its obligation to say PBUh when we hear his name.. i think also another hadith that labels whoever hears prophet name and doesnt say SAW is called "bakheel" (lazy).

salamz

Malaikah
08-17-2006, 12:30 PM
does that mean the person actually saying the name has to say peace be upon him too? becuase the hadith is only refering to a person who hears his name..

lolwatever
08-17-2006, 12:40 PM
nah if u call a person who happens to be named Muhammad that's diff...

unless you happen to recall the prophet himself, in which case it would be nice to say SAW in urself... :) afterall the prophet does recieve these greetings directly and says back to you 'and peace be upon u2' or something ilke that.

salam

Malaikah
08-17-2006, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
nah if u call a person who happens to be named Muhammad that's diff...
LOL obviously...

ok so what about all the other cases i mentioned in my first post?! :)

lolwatever
08-17-2006, 12:45 PM
lol.. thought i'd make sure..

the sahabah no its not compulsary (like i don't recall tabi'3ees going upto ali for example and saying 'o Ali radhiyallahu '3anka), but its just good manners and out of respect... if you can say it, you'll only get reward that's for sure.

as for the other prophets, sorry i don't know. i think there was a question on IQa on this. ill look it up insh

tc salamz

Malaikah
08-17-2006, 12:46 PM
and what about god?

lolwatever
08-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't think its obligatory to say SWT... because i know for sure some of the companions would use teh term 'Allah' without saying SWT... incl umar n Abu Bakr.

but when they got the chacne they would glorify and praise him with nice names... 'rabbul '3izzah' "'3azza wajal" so on and so forth...

tc salamz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.