/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian boy, 14, dies during Hamas-Fatah clash

therebbe
08-17-2006, 12:32 PM
GAZA CITY: Palestinian gunmen from the rival Hamas and Fatah militias clashed in southern Gaza yesterday, killing a 14-year old boy in the crossfire and injuring four others, security and hospital officials said.

The clashes began in the southern city of Khan Younis during the funeral of a Palestinian militant killed Tuesday night by Israeli forces.

A security official from the area, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press, said Fatah-backed gunmen who at the funeral were incensed when a top Hamas militant blamed for infighting between the rival groups arrived.

The young boy suffered a gunshot wound in the stomach, hospital officials said. Four others were injured, including the top Hamas gunman, the security official said.

Deadly gunfights between Hamas and Fatah militias erupted soon after the new Hamas-led government took office in March, most of them caused by rivalries over control of the security forces.

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story...&IssueID=29150

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
I R Paki
08-17-2006, 02:55 PM
This is pathetic. Muslims fighting muslims, when they should unite and fight against the opressor. What a shambles the ummah is.

therebbe
08-17-2006, 04:16 PM
May he rest in peace.

afriend
08-17-2006, 04:24 PM
What can I say? I'm speechless with shock.

Who are they going to blame for this? The "barabaric" Israelis?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend2
08-17-2006, 04:26 PM
salaam,

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon! :cry:

wassalam :peace:

Vishnu
08-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Absolutly disgusting.

Vishnu
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
I wish there would be more condemnation.

If Israeli troops killed this boy I would have made the exact same comment. I believe it would have been 'absolutley disgusting'... I am even moe disgusted by the fact that no one seems to care when it is there fellow Muslims that commited the crime.

therebbe
08-18-2006, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim

If Israeli troops killed this boy I would have made the exact same comment. I believe it would have been 'absolutley disgusting'... I am even moe disgusted by the fact that no one seems to care when it is there fellow Muslims that commited the crime.
I would say that the lack of caring on this forum is not as disgusting as a 14 year old boy dieing because of corrupt people.

wilberhum
08-18-2006, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim

Almost no Muslim will condemn another Muslim.

Most Muslims only condemn the Kefirs.

Keltoi
08-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Unfortunately, the Israeli/Hezbollah conflict has taken attention away from the Palestinian problems. Since Hamas was elected, Fatah and Hamas have been fighting each other over control. So much for a peaceful democratic transition. I'm afraid this situation will get worse before it gets better.

ManchesterFolk
08-19-2006, 05:56 PM
How are the Palestinian people asking anyone to believe they will ever be at peace with Israel if they cannot even be at peace with themselves.

If anyone is so naive to think that the Palestinians will ever be able to live a peaceful existance next to Jews when they cannot even accomplish this next to there fellow Muslims is mistaken.

Absolutly pathetic. How can they even have the nerve to claim 'they want peace' If they ever get a state it will probably fall into civil war and the children will probably be worse off then they were occupied.

therebbe
08-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Since Hamas was elected, Fatah and Hamas have been fighting each other over control.
I thought they were close to a unity goverment deal before this incident.

Keltoi
08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
I thought they were close to a unity goverment deal before this incident.
That might be the case. However, from all the info I've seen Fatah and Hamas have been at odds since the election. Not to mention the problem involved with the Hamas government being unable to pay security forces and other government employees.

ManchesterFolk
08-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Please someone awnser this? How can the world community expect the Palestinians to be at peace with israel when they cannot even be at peace with themselves? I'd like to know. I use to be such a supporter of the Palestinians. But this is just a joke. I become more aware of the true situation everyday I come here.

Vishnu
08-22-2006, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Please someone awnser this? How can the world community expect the Palestinians to be at peace with israel when they cannot even be at peace with themselves.
I don't know.

therebbe
08-28-2006, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Unfortunately, the Israeli/Hezbollah conflict has taken attention away from the Palestinian problems. Since Hamas was elected, Fatah and Hamas have been fighting each other over control. So much for a peaceful democratic transition. I'm afraid this situation will get worse before it gets better.
It did actually take away from the fighting and this kidnapping of fox people might have been a plea to say look here with your cameras....

Yet, it only brings negative light on them, so smart move to release the soldiers.

lavikor201
08-29-2006, 03:01 PM
How can the world community expect the Palestinians to be at peace with israel when they cannot even be at peace with themselves?
Hmmm.... Interesting point.

Tears4Palestine
08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Inna lilahi wa inna alayhi wa raz3oen... :(

Tears4Palestine
08-29-2006, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Please someone awnser this? How can the world community expect the Palestinians to be at peace with israel when they cannot even be at peace with themselves? I'd like to know. I use to be such a supporter of the Palestinians. But this is just a joke. I become more aware of the true situation everyday I come here.
You become more aware of the true situation everyday you come here?????

U have no clue what the real situation is!

Vishnu
08-29-2006, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tears4Palestine
You become more aware of the true situation everyday you come here?????

U have no clue what the real situation is!
And you do from Holland?

therebbe
08-30-2006, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vishnu
And you do from Holland?
Who knows how we get our info. lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.