/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No proof...?

Al-Zaara
08-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Asalamu 'aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

I have a little question...

This site: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=1692&ln=eng I saw had stated something of which I saw no hadith/Qur'an proof of... So maybe someone will help me here; Using foreign names, such as Turkish, Persian, Berber, etc. names, that have no origin in the Arabic language...

Where is the proof that it has been said like this?
I don't want to sound ignorant, I just want some real proof that it is so.

I thought that there should be in everything you state as prohibited, hadith proof or Qur'an proof.

Or maybe I have misunderstood something...? :?

Allah Almighty knows best.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
08-18-2006, 05:18 PM
This is freaking me out.

My last name is Ahad!

Al-Zaara
08-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Well don't, I've seen no proof yet...My name is Turkish, so this is why I had to ask...

therebbe
08-18-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
This is freaking me out.

My last name is Ahad!
It says that the last name that is forbiden is 'the one' or Al-Ahad. It doesn't say that Ahad which means 'one' is not alowed.

Plus on a side note, the word 'AKHAD' means one in Hebrew.

Akhad = One in Hebrew - Ahad = One in Arabic.

In Hebrew letters (akhad) אחד

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
08-19-2006, 07:43 AM
^^Yes, I think therebbe is right here bro, no need to worry.

Malaikah
08-19-2006, 07:58 AM
:sl:

isnt albukhari a persian name? or am i wrong? :?

lolwatever
08-19-2006, 08:25 AM
yes it is, but i dont think it was his actual name tho... he was called that because he came from 'bukharah', in tashkant.. somewhere near afghanistan

just like the way they call sheikh 'al-baghdadi' becaue he came from baghdad.. and a few others two.. ibn qayyim al-jawziyyah because his dad was 'the director of jawziyyah university (or college, 4got0

salams

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.