/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sunnah vs Hadith vs Quran

anonymous
08-19-2006, 10:58 AM
I am very interested in Islam and so far Im finding its quite a beautiful religion but still Im confused. I know the Quran is the word of Allah revealed to Mohammad (PBUH) but could someone explain to me Sunnah and Hadith, I am confused by this. Especially since I read things that will say "this hadith or that hadith is not reliable." And how is sunnah different than hadith.
Your responses are apreciated

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zAk
08-19-2006, 11:36 AM
:sl:

in short... Hadith r the saved words frm the mouth of Prophet saws and Sunnah is the actions performed by Prophet saws.

some one else will gv u a detailed answer soon, insha allah.
wait for it.

anonymous
08-19-2006, 12:27 PM
:sl:
Meaning communication or narrative, it is the record of an individual saying or action or approvals of Muhammad (Sal-Allaho-Alay-hay-Wasal-lam) taken as a model of behavior by Muslims. The sayings and the traditions of Prophet Muhammad (Sal-Allaho-Alay-hay-Wasal-lam) are called Hadith. These are the real explanation, interpretation, and the living example of the Prophet (Sal-Allaho-Alay-hay-Wasal-lam) for teachings of the Quran. His sayings are found in books called the Hadith books. Some famous collectors of Hadith are Imam Al-Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam An-Nasa'i, Imam Abu Dawood, Imam At-Tirmizi, and Imam Majah.
Basically the Sunnah is the actions of Muhammed (Peace be upon him) and Hadith are his sayings and utterances recorded by the Sahaabah. Books of ah-hadeeeth are classsfied according to their realiability and also other factors

Follow the links,

http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/03/02.shtml

http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/03/05.shtml

:w:

Zulkiflim
08-26-2006, 04:13 AM
Salaam,

In short,what is in the Hadith and Sunnha cannot be in contradiction of the Quran.

The Quran is also known as the CRITERION,,.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.