/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think?

Snowflake
08-19-2006, 11:54 AM
:sl:

Just interested in your views....

As a British citizen, I don't feel anymore secure than an illegal immigrant right now. I keep thinking that Islamophobia will reach such critical levels that either we will be forced to leave or end up living oppressed lives for the sake National Security. Either way I think muslims have hard times ahead of them.

Do you think my views too far-fetched or do you feel the same? :?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
08-19-2006, 12:55 PM
I feel Muslims are discriminated against, and there is an Anti-Islamic prejudice. Such feelings are not surprising given the current political climate - it's like the anti-Russian sentiment during and in the wake of the Cold War.

I think there is a danger of Muslims 'being oppressed in the name of National Security', but it can be avoided. Basically, us Muslims have to prove that we are peaceful people in a peaceful manner. We shouldn't just sit there and take any injustice that befalls us, but we shouldn't lose control either. We need to continue to spread the messages of peace and mercy in our masjids, rather than those calling for death and destruction. We need to either set up more humaminatrian efforts for Muslims suffering abroad, or enforce those that already exist.

We also need to encourage more Muslims to get involved in the realms of the media, politics and the law, as well as the various fields of medicine where we already make a siginificant contribution. This way, negative perceptions are more likely to die down, Muslims will be in a better position to temper such attitudes as well as making their own opinions heard, and everyone's happy.

One can dream...

Snowflake
08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Muezzin;456334]I feel Muslims are discriminated against, and there is an Anti-Islamic prejudice. Such feelings are not surprising given the current political climate - it's like the anti-Russian sentiment during and in the wake of the Cold War.
Since the allegations and arrests of suspected terrorists, I keep asking family and friends of their views on my concerns and they all feel that things will get worse. I've read messages on 'terrorism' boards where people are suggesting that all muslims should be kicked out of Britain. I know nothing of that extreme will happen over night. But I can't help feeling that gradually, there will come a day when all our assets will be seized and we'll be packing our bags for good.

I think there is a danger of Muslims 'being oppressed in the name of National Security', but it can be avoided. Basically, us Muslims have to prove that we are peaceful people in a peaceful manner. We shouldn't just sit there and take any injustice that befalls us, but we shouldn't lose control either. We need to continue to spread the messages of peace and mercy in our masjids, rather than those calling for death and destruction. We need to either set up more humaminatrian efforts for Muslims suffering abroad, or enforce those that already exist.
Good thinking! But we know that for every person making the effort to portray Islam as a religion of peace there will be one who will literally blow up that fact apart and nothing will ever change. There is never anything positive about muslims presented in the media - making all efforts futile. Humanitarian efforts are declining too for fear of falling under suspicion of funding terrorism.

We also need to encourage more Muslims to get involved in the realms of the media, politics and the law, as well as the various fields of medicine where we already make a siginificant contribution. This way, negative perceptions are more likely to die down, Muslims will be in a better position to temper such attitudes as well as making their own opinions heard, and everyone's happy.

One can dream...
[/QUOTE]

I remember being surprised when a lot of muslims from my city began standing for elections. Maybe they might've contributed something to society if they hadn't been accused of vote-rigging. How embarrassing for muslims.
You're right, muslims have contributed a lot in various fields of professionalism. But I think that is and will remain unaccounted for and seen as a personal contribution rather than linked with Islam. And I suppose it is too.

Sadly, I think this dream will just remain a dream...

:w:

S_87
08-19-2006, 08:08 PM
:sl:

while one a large scale i think muslims are beign discrminated against, personally i myself havent felt insecure. and i live in a town where there is a lot of racists.
may Allah help us unite us protect us and guide us

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
08-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't think many people would say what's in their heart face to face anyway. But I think the vibes are there all the same. Two families near where I live, have been arrested (women included) on allegations of making bombs in their homes. I guess even muslims must be wondering if they are living next door to terrorists.

Btw, here are some responses/views from members of the British public (AOL message boards).

I've deliberately left out names as it didn't seem right..
______
MUSLIMS ARE A THREAT TO OUR ( BRITISH ) HUMANITY AND RIGHTS. BRITAIN IS NOT A MUSLIM COUNTRY. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT BELIEFS COMPLETELY FROM OURSELVES. WE DONT NEED THEM HERE, THEY DONT NEED TO BE HERE, GET THEM OUT.. THEY THINK RELIGION KILLS PEOPLE ? THEY NEED TO SEEK A NEW RELIGION, A NEW GOD AND A NEW LIFE !!!!! YES IT IS ASAHME FOR THE MUSLIMS LIVING IN BRITAIN THAT ARE INNOCENT, BUT THEIR BELIEFS ARE STILL TIED TO THE SAME BRANCH. WHY LIVE HERE WHEN WE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ?

_____
Kick out all muslim b******* from england, we dont need them allso execute all murderers rapists and peodophiles,the jews were gods chosen people , he kicked them out of israel make the buggers stay out , bring back adolf

_____
there are more and more of us that hate these mulims and the country is heading for civil war unless the government get tough now.
BNP

_____
what is tearing this country apart is the fact that what british people want is no longer an issue . no one said all muslims are terrorists but i for one do not like what is taking place. if our government was to cater to the british then maybe there would not be so much hatred. as a british mother i have just if not more rights than people who are not from here but those rights such as my child praying in school are slowly being taken away. my friend has been waiting to be housed but guess what these people are getting housed first. i for one am totally discusted so wake up and realise that great britain is not going to be so great if something is not done. and you wonder why people are begining to hate..
_____

IF THEY WANT TO KILL EACH OTHER THATS FINE I DONT CARE. JUST AS LONG AS THEY DONT KILL ANY OF MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS IN THE PROCESS.IF THIS CARRYS ON BNP WILL BE GETTING A LOOK IN AT THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION.
_____

Dont you stupid god botherers get it. Your whole life is governed by a book. All religions are pointless. You're all afraid of death and cannot grab the concept that when you die its game over. Is heaven full of still born babies. What do they do in paradise????. Get bothered by the flies, creepie crawlies and all the creatures that have died on this planet....??? As for you numbnut muslims you seem to be on a crusade to avenge what the europeans did to you centuries ago.!!!!!! Don't see many news reports of english suicide bombers running into cafes in Denmark (Vikings) or Italy (Romans) or France (Normans). You're sooooo... full of ****. Muslims can't join the army because they will be taking up arms against thier own muslim brother. What the bloody hell was the Iran/Iraq war about then..??????
_____

Then they go on about how it's only a small 'racist' minority of us who want to see the back of them. Oh dear, another classic case of Islamist denial. In actual fact, I reckon, a huge majority of the British public want to see them get what they deserve - and would give it to them personally, if they could get their hands on them.
_____
But we have to put up with their pathetic tired old 'arguments'. "Not all Muslims are terrorists yada yada yada" "You're racist yada yada yada". Ever wish they would all just get the message and permanently disappear?
_____
Remember the time when you'd never heard of a Muslim? When you didn't even know what a Muslim is? Don't you just long for those times to be back again? I know I do.
_____
Look, here I am talking to everyone who, like me, is sick to death of these people and, I bet you, they reply to me. What's it gonna take to get it into their heads: "Islamists: Can't you take a hint? I don't like you, I don't want to know you. Take a hike."

:rollseyes

snakelegs
08-20-2006, 03:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I feel Muslims are discriminated against, and there is an Anti-Islamic prejudice. Such feelings are not surprising given the current political climate - it's like the anti-Russian sentiment during and in the wake of the Cold War.

One can dream...
excellent post.

Anonymous.92
08-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Muslimah_Sis This might happen where muslims are kicked out. But while it doesn't happen why don't we just make the best of things...

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 08:40 AM
I am in the US and don't really feel discriminated against. There was a poll done and athiests were viewed more disgracefully than Muslims and homosexuals in the US. When I tell people I am Muslim, I have yet to receive a bad reaction. Usually people want to know more about Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!