/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alhamdulilah!

dishdash
08-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Salaam alaikum one and all

This grumpy old Dishdash would just like to take the opportunity to announce the birth of his sixth child, alhamdulilah, born this afternoon at 3.56pm in Bankstown General Hospital, Sydney.

My son clocks in at 3.78kg & 53cm and had a full head of hair! :) Subhan'Allah, it is moments like these which fill you with such increased awe, love and devotion to Allah swt. Let me assure you, no matter how many times you witness a child's entrance to this dunya, it will take your breath away and move you to tears of joy.

Irish and Arab - subhan'Allah, we make fine children! I call them Eye-rabs!

Alhamdulilah...

Both mother and child are doing well mash'Allah, but if there are any spare duas going, please float them this way in order to give me the strength to deal with the babysitting till sanity (my darling wife) returns.

I guess it means I'm not going to be around here as much for a while. I guess that in turn means the lunatics amongst you will get to run riot for a while. And the admin won't have so many of my threads to close or posts to delete. I know you'll miss me. I may be 26,000 miles away but I can still feel the love! :)

So a few parting words - take the Prophet pbuh as your example - not just his actions but his manners. Whilst Umar is one the greatest, it is not he who we should be emulating.

When dealing with non-Moslems, no matter who they are or what they have done, remember that each and every one of them has the potential to say Shahada. Each and every one. Shine in their presence, not find fault. Celebrate commonality. Be your own media represntation.

Do not get angry with things outside of your sphere of influence - and moreover, remember that sincere prayer is the greatest weapon of all. We are none of us tested beyond what we can endure, but be sure we will be tested.

And most of all - remember that the true believer has been PROMISED victory by none other than the Creator himself.

Wa salaam
Dishdash

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Najiullah
08-19-2006, 12:25 PM
[BANANA] Congrat brother[/BANANA]

Fishman
08-19-2006, 12:26 PM
:sl:
Congatulations akhi, and congratulations to your wife. May Allah grant you and your family paradise.
:w:

$i$ter
08-19-2006, 12:28 PM
CONGRATS!!!!
...May Allah Bless you & Family!!!!!

Luv & Du'as!...x

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
08-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam

MashaaaAllah! Wonderful news. May Allah bless you in your gift, and make you grateful to the Giver, and may it reach maturity, and may you gain its righteouness!

Congratulations. And Jazaakallah khayr for the naseehah. We look forward to your return.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-19-2006, 12:52 PM
:salamext:

Congratulations akhee...

Whilst Umar is one the greatest, it is not he who we should be emulating.
Why not? He had a brilliant character.

:wasalamex

Far7an
08-19-2006, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Why not? He had a brilliant character.
I think what the brother means is, ultimately we should be following sayyidina Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wasalaam).

Vaseline
08-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Congratulations brother! May Allah [SWT] bless your family with happiness =)

The hospital is like, a two minute drive from my place!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-19-2006, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
I think what the brother means is, ultimately we should be following sayyidina Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wasalaam).
Yeah.... i'm just confused why he singled out 'Umar ibn al Khattab. It's the same matter with every sahabi.

Muezzin
08-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Mashallah! Congratulations, Dishdash :D And 'Eye-Rabs' - ingenius! ;D

I agree with your points about posting in this forum, too. :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-19-2006, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Maybe it's because he sometimes acted on his anger? :?
He also had good judgement. Which is why he was called Al Furooq.

Anyhooo... sorry for highjacking the thread.

Hope your child grows up to be among the saliheen, ameen.

Kittygyal
08-19-2006, 02:04 PM
salam.

congrats brother, and also Amin to all the prayers.

w.salam

afriend2
08-19-2006, 02:16 PM
salaam,

mashAllah thats excellent! congratulations brother....we're all expecting Aqeeqah invitations y'know!

Ameen to all the du'as.
wassalam :peace:

Al-Zaara
08-19-2006, 04:24 PM

Alhamdulillah!!!
CONGRATULATIONS brother!!!
I'm very happy for you!!! Your family will be in my duas and inshallah this child will grow up to be a very good Muslim!!! :wub:

Aameen to all the duas!!!

May Allah (swt) guide this newborn Muslim to the straight path always!!!:statisfie

:w:

Snowflake
08-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Mabrook brother DishDash! You're post really moved me and even inspired me in a personal decision I was having difficulty with.. Thank you.

May Allah bless the new bundle of joy and the whole family with good health and happiness always & forever. Ameen.

Sahabiyaat
08-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Congratulations brother ! MashaAllah, six children!

May your son grow up to be a great muslism

if Allah wills, i hope we will all be here to welcome him to this forum :)

BlissfullyJaded
08-19-2006, 05:34 PM

Mabrook brother. Thats wonderful mashaAllah.

Ameen to the duas. And jazakallah khair for the advice.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-19-2006, 05:37 PM
congratz 2u n ur wife bro :D u thought of any names?

S_87
08-19-2006, 08:06 PM

Alhumdulillah bro!!!

may Allah make him the coolness of your eyes!

Anonymous.92
08-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Mashallah brother! Congratulations for you and your wife!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.