/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hola

Jayda
08-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Hola... I am new, my friend SKillganon from Christianforums said I should join here because I just recently read the koran and I have lots of questions... I am really shy about talking to people on the internet and I have no idea what to say... soo... hi

oh, and my name is annette... most people just call me annette or jayda...

so nice to meet you all...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
08-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I hope I did this in the right place... go easy on me I have no idea what I'm doing!

Okay maybe I should shut up now... okay I'm going to do that...

Al-Zaara
08-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Welcome!! :)
Don't worry annette, we don't bite! (Not all of us! BUT Beware of a certain Muezzin, zAk and... I could make a list..:X :D j/k)

I hope you will enjoy your stay here and get your questions answered!!

Peace.:)

Jayda
08-19-2006, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
lool feel at home :)

n Welcome to the forums...:welcome:

Hope u hv a beneficial stay here :)

Enjoy !
lol gracias... I have nooo idea what i'm doing!

Actually... maybe you could help me? I am trying to say hello to a friend in another thread on the introduction screen.. or at least I think she is a friend of mine I don't know... but it will not let me write anything, did I do something wrong?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jayda
08-19-2006, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen
Welcome!! :)
Don't worry annette, we don't bite! (Not all of us! BUT Beware of a certain Muezzin, zAk and... I could make a list..:X :D j/k)

I hope you will enjoy your stay here and get your questions answered!!

Peace.:)
Gracias Aafreen... lol maybe sometime later I could ask you what a muezzin is...

I have lots of questions, but I do not want to interrupt any of your conversations with my stupid questions so maybe I should make my own little question thread or something...

Al-Zaara
08-19-2006, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
Gracias Aafreen... lol maybe sometime later I could ask you what a muezzin is...
I have lots of questions, but I do not want to interrupt any of your conversations with my stupid questions so maybe I should make my own little question thread or something...
LOL That cracked me up!! Annette, Muezzin is a member of this forum, a mod I think? :? Don't remember (And I don't care!! :rollseyes ;D :X j/k)

Yes, I think it's a very good idea to make a thread with your questions!:)

If I may ask, from where are you? I see you speak spanish? I actually just started going to a spanish course so I understood Hola and Gracias... lol ! :P

piXie
08-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi

woohoo!!! :thumbs_up its a sister :p

welcome to LI....:welcome:....welcome again...:welcome:

hav a great stay n post away :sister:

n dont worry abt making mistakes....ask as many questions
as u want :D

enjoy....;)

we hv a kind bunch of mods
yea...with one exception :uhwhat

Jayda
08-19-2006, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen
LOL That cracked me up!! Annette, Muezzin is a member of this forum, a mod I think? :? Don't remember (And I don't care!! :rollseyes ;D :X j/k)

Yes, I think it's a very good idea to make a thread with your questions!:)

If I may ask, from where are you? I see you speak spanish? I actually just started going to a spanish course so I understood Hola and Gracias... lol ! :P
lol oh so is that what Mod is in arabic... orr am I missing this completely?

I am from South Carolina... but i'm latina (mexican), I was born in the United States and I live here but I do have a home in Veracruz too which is where my family is originally from...

Jayda
08-19-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
Hi

woohoo!!! :thumbs_up its a sister :p

welcome to LI....:welcome:....welcome again...:welcome:

hav a great stay n post away :sister:

n dont worry abt making mistakes....ask as many questions
as u want :D

enjoy....;)

yea...with one exception :uhwhat
Gracias Pixie!

lol okay I won't worry about making mistakes... I'm kinda shy about online forums... i do not know much about them and I don't know ANY muslims so yea..

lol I'm being shy again, just ignore that!

Nice to meet you too!

Al-Zaara
08-19-2006, 05:00 PM
lol oh so is that what Mod is in arabic... orr am I missing this completely?

I am from South Carolina... but i'm latina (mexican), I was born in the United States and I live here but I do have a home in Veracruz too which is where my family is originally from...
ROFL You are just too hilarious! By Mod I meant Moderator of this forum.. LOL :giggling:

Samira_01
08-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Welcome ...hope u enjoy in tis forum

Skillganon
08-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Hola... I am new, my friend SKillganon from Christianforums said I should join here because I just recently read the koran and I have lots of questions... I am really shy about talking to people on the internet and I have no idea what to say... soo... hi

oh, and my name is annette... most people just call me annette or jayda...

so nice to meet you all...
Hola annette,

Enjoy your stay here, if anyone bullies you let the MOD know. I am just a humble member here, well atleast I try to be.

Speak to you soon.

afriend2
08-19-2006, 05:50 PM
salaam,

welcome to LI, inshAllah have an enjoyable time here!

wassalam :peace:

IceQueen~
08-19-2006, 06:28 PM
:welcome: to the forums.. :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-19-2006, 06:31 PM
LOLLLL bless her..

welcum 2 da forum!

Najiullah
08-19-2006, 07:30 PM
[BANANA]welcome to the forum[/BANANA]

Jayda
08-26-2006, 06:13 PM
lol gracias guys... sorry to muezzin I didn't understand what that meant before... I have another probably really stupid question... what does Assalamu Alaikum mean?

omg zak i can not stop watching your little climbing men!!!

Mujahidah4Allah
08-26-2006, 06:20 PM
welcome n hola to u 2 :p ermm plz stop watching zAks sig you may get sum disease :uhwhat ;D
Assalamu Alaikum means may peace be with/upon you :)

peace out :peace:

Al-Zaara
08-26-2006, 06:21 PM
lol gracias guys... sorry to muezzin I didn't understand what that meant before... I have another probably really stupid question... what does Assalamu Alaikum mean?

omg zak i can not stop watching your little climbing men!!!
Not a stupid question at all. :)

It means 'Peace be upon you', a greeting made by Muslims to another Muslim.
The fuller version is 'assalam alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu' which means 'peace be upon you and the blessings and mercy of Alllah'.
The reply is 'wa alaikumu salam' or the fuller version 'wa alaikum salam wa rahmatulahi wa baakatuhu'.

:)

Peace

Al-Zaara
08-26-2006, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal
ermm plz stop watching zAks sig you may get sum disease :uhwhat ;D
LOOOL So true! You've been warned Jayda... :giggling: ;D

Peace

Jayda
08-26-2006, 06:26 PM
lol gracias, i pryed myself away from his sig!!

Mujahidah4Allah
08-26-2006, 06:28 PM
gud gud now get posting jayda :p

peace out :peace:

learningislam
08-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Hi annette........

Welcome to the forum.........
You will really have a good time here.........i can guarantee you that.

You see, when i joined the forum, i also felt the same.......how to do? what to do? where to do?.......i even read FAQ twice, thrice.......or may be more than that.

if You have any questions.............feel free to ask.........there are lots of good people around here to answer you.

you can pm me..........

And dont worry about the mods(moderators)...........they are real nice people to help you...........

you are not the only shy one around........i am the same.

Feel at home.........and do post.
Best of luck........and best wishes

Peace

The Ruler
08-31-2006, 04:37 PM
:welcome:

Jayda
09-03-2006, 01:30 AM
gracias everyone for welcoming me and for answering my questions.. i think i learned a lot. im sorry i insulted some of you... i have been asked to leave and i just wanted to say i never meant to insult anyone... so im very very sorry especially to sert and purestambrosia...

gracias adios

lolwatever
09-03-2006, 02:10 AM
welcome :D

~Stranger~
09-03-2006, 07:52 AM
what? jayda u r not planning to leave r u?? im sure whoever told u that didnt really mean it?

plz dont go!!!

umm-sulaim
09-03-2006, 08:27 AM
welcome Anette hope you have a beneficial stay

Khayal
09-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Hi

:welcome: to the forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.