/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Cures - Natures' Way

Snowflake
08-19-2006, 10:16 PM
:sl:

How to cure cracked lips quickly:
Grind some raw water melon seeds with water to form a thick paste. Apply to lips and leave on over night. Rinse off with warm water in the morning.

Burns
Liquidise acarrot until it becomes mushy, but not too runny and apply to burn. InshaAllah burn will heal quickly.

Apply honey to a burn and when healed, it won't leave a scar inshaAllah.
---

Bad Breath
Chew fennel seeds three times a day. A few days of doing this will banish bad breath for good.
---

Cough that is brought on by cold weather
Mix crushed ginger with honey and lick as often as needed. The purpose of licking the mixture and not eating it is so that it continuously coats the throat and soothes it.

---

Nose bleeds
Splash cold water on face and throat/neck. Pour water on head including forehead. Dilute small amount of salt in water and drink. InshaAllah nosebleed will stop.

---

Strengthen gums & teeth
Gargle with a solution of honey and vinegar. Healthy gums means healthy teeth.

---

Non stop sneezing
Inhale the scent of Coriander leaves or should I say Cilantro :P
Liquidising the coriander will have the same effect.

---

Bee/Wasp stings
Mix salt and vinegar and apply to sting. Very effective.

---

Baldness
Take goats hooves and burn until reduced to ash. Mix with vinegar and apply to scalp.

---

Improve your eyesight
Take 4 almonds, a pinch of fennel seeds and a small amount of misri (tiny sugar cubes available from asian supermarkets). Eat every day before bedtime. Sight will begin to improve day by day.

Massage mustard oil on eyelids before going to sleep. Your eye sight will never deteriorate inshaAllah.

Eat carrots - we all know that one!

Massage your big toes with mustard oil before taking bath. Your eye sight will not deteriorate even if you live to a ripe old age of 100!

More amazing cures later... :p

goodnite.. :uhwhat

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
08-19-2006, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis

Baldness
Take goats hooves and burn until reduced to ash. Mix with vinegar and apply to scalp.
WOW :ooh: that sounds amazing :giggling:

Men past 40 take heed :p

I loved those remedies though sis :) looking forward to more insha'allah!

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Mawaddah;457187]WOW :ooh: that sounds amazing :giggling:
There was a worst one than that but I didn't post it lol.

Nowadays it's 20 sis :X

I loved those remedies though sis :) looking forward to more insha'allah
lol I cant wait to post more soon. Some just sound mad crazy! ;D

lolwatever
08-20-2006, 12:41 AM
wow where did u get this from sis? is it proven?

mashalah thansk 4 sharing..

some of it sounds scary n freaky tho...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
08-20-2006, 12:52 AM
I got them from a book bro. As for being proven... ain't you guys going to do that for me hahaha :?

No seriously I believe they do work. I've tried out a couple of them myself and was amazed at the results. That's why I decided to post some of them so we can all benefit inshaAllah. :statisfie

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 12:55 AM

sorry sis but im afraid thats not exaclty true... firstly, carrots will only improve NIGHT vision, not normal vision, secondly, it will only help if your night vision is bad in the first place...

fortunetly most of us already contain a lifetimes worth of the chemical that the carrot contains that improves night vision in our bodies... so er the carrot isnt doing much other than tasting good when eye sight is concerned. :D

Massage your big toes with mustard oil before taking bath. Your eye sight will not deteriorate even if you live to a ripe old age of 100!
LOL! :lol: :haha: please dont tell me people believe this?! thats hilarious :giggling:

i hate to sound mean, but that sounds like something you could find written next to: "four cloves of garlic will repel vampires"

+o( :uuh: :omg: :exhausted

lolwatever
08-20-2006, 12:55 AM
ok.. i guess i shall prepare for another 300 posts to come..

ishkabab
08-20-2006, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
WOW :ooh: that sounds amazing :giggling:

I loved those remedies though sis :) looking forward to more insha'allah!
yeh i hgeard of that a few times too...and they say it really works:ooh: :eek:

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 01:19 AM
^in that case maybe i should try it on my dad when hes sleeping ;D

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 01:58 AM
cheese;457283]:sl:

sorry sis but im afraid thats not exaclty true... firstly, carrots will only improve NIGHT vision, not normal vision, secondly, it will only help if your night vision is bad in the first place...
Ah but carrots prevent normal vision from deteriorating and actually can prevent night blindness in the first place :D
Vitamin A deficiency is the cause of most cases of blindness in the developing countries - something easily preventable.

fortunetly most of us already contain a lifetimes worth of the chemical that the carrot contains that improves night vision in our bodies... so er the carrot isnt doing much other than tasting good when eye sight is concerned. :D
Actually a number of dietry factors can actually deplete vitamin A in the body. Chronic diarrhea, not enough protien and low levels of zinc can all result in vitamin A deficiency.

LOL! :lol: :haha: please dont tell me people believe this?! thats hilarious :giggling:
Sis lol. Maybe the big toe is linked to vision. You know as in reflexology ;D
I'm sure I read somewhere that the big toe signifies the head... :X

i hate to sound mean, but that sounds like something you could find written next to: "four cloves of garlic will repel vampires"
Now don't laugh but vampires or no vampires, garlic does actually work for repelling mosquitoes! They are blood suckers too lolhahahaha
But yeah I did say some remedies sound downright hilarious! :statisfie

lolwatever
ok.. i guess i shall prepare for another 300 posts to come..
lol............. inshaAllah!

:giggling: <~~this one's head shakes so much it looks like it gonna drop off!

Mawaddah
08-20-2006, 12:06 PM

Sis lol. Maybe the big toe is linked to vision. You know as in reflexology ;D
I'm sure I read somewhere that the big toe signifies the head... :X

Actually you know what? Maybe this is true . The Old Malays.....or Maybe not only Old Malays :p they say that if pepper gets into your eyes, then Wash your feet and it will soothe the burning.

Sounds pretty strange huh? :ooh:

When my mum told me this I'm like, who wants to wait to wash their feet?? ;D

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 12:34 PM
^lol innit, you'd have to find ur way to the bath room first! ;D but you never know.. any guinea pigs? :p

amirah_87
08-20-2006, 12:39 PM
as salaamu aalykum,

Nice stuff Sis Muslimah..I gotta see if this one works inshaAllah!! :)

Nose bleeds
Splash cold water on face and throat/neck. Pour water on head including forehead. Dilute small amount of salt in water and drink. InshaAllah nosebleed will stop.
LOL @ Cilantro!! :)

lolwatever
08-20-2006, 12:43 PM
^^ r u guys 4 real that body parts are inter-related or is someone pulling my leg lol?

this thread becoming like a comedy show... i'm still conufsed about that first post... can someone answer, has anyone tried it?? Muslimah which ones did u xactly try lol?

salamz

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
^^ r u guys 4 real that body parts are inter-related or is someone pulling my leg lol?
actually, yeh.. have you ever noticed if you hurt yourself in your arm for example, and then you hit your other arm (lightly), you can make the pain in the original place feel less bad? lol well thats what i do anyway, it works (i think) becuase it over loads your brain with stimuli so it 'forgets' about the original pain that you had because now it also has to focus on the other stimulus in your other arm...

lolwatever
08-20-2006, 12:51 PM
^^ok lol that's just as funny as the other toe theorems up there... hit yourself to decrease pain loool

keep em coming.. they're entertaining (albeit confusing)

salamz

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 12:52 PM
im serious!!! my chem lecturer even said so! so im not the only weird one lol

amirah_87
08-20-2006, 12:53 PM
as salaamu alaykum,

:lol:

Yeah it is...I forgot what the actual term for this is...but you have pressure points in your feet...that relate to organs/parts of your body!!... :X
I read this once on a magazine... but it's rather interesting!! *scratches chin*

I heard about, the one for the burns and all the ones for the eyesight!! before...but the rest are new to me...

I found this one funny!! .........

Baldness
Vinegar on the scalp:?...your just asking for it (baldness)!! :lol:

lolwatever
08-20-2006, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
im serious!!! my chem lecturer even said so! so im not the only weird one lol
ok if u say so :X

(next thing ill hear is, if you poke one eye, poke the other one to countereffect the pain of the other poked eye) :p

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
as salaamu aalykum,
Nice stuff Sis Muslimah..I gotta see if this one works inshaAllah!! :)
LOL @ Cilantro!! :)
Lol sis. Let us know if it works inshaAllah :thumbs_up

this thread becoming like a comedy show... i'm still conufsed about that first post... can someone answer, has anyone tried it?? Muslimah which ones did u xactly try lol?

salamz
lol I must say everyone's responses are cracking me up ;D
Bro the one's I tried are the beauty ones of course! lol. I shall post them next.

Check out this foot reflexology chart

I found this one funny!! .........
Vinegar on the scalp:?...your just asking for it (baldness)!! :lol:
lol ya gonna be smelling like fish n chips +o(
I been really nice cuz there was a worst one than that, which I didn't post. I think it was haraam too and involved burning crow's feathers loool :X

lolwatever
08-20-2006, 01:08 PM
lol, ok and wats that pic suppose 2be? some new foot medical hypothesis?

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 01:13 PM
lol bro check out this link...
http://www.reflexology-research.com/

Fishman
08-20-2006, 01:20 PM

How to cure cracked lips quickly:
Grind some raw water melon seeds with water to form a thick paste. Apply to lips and leave on over night. Rinse off with warm water in the morning.
Could possibly work, depends on the chemicals in the lips and the melon.

Burns
Apply honey to a burn and when healed, it won't leave a scar inshaAllah.
---
Of course it will leave a scar, there's no way that the body can reconstruct the old skin exactly how it was!

Bad Breath
Chew fennel seeds three times a day. A few days of doing this will banish bad breath for good.
---
Another bit of bad logic. Whilst chewing fennel seeds might be able to cure bad breath temporarily, it can't for good. Bad breath is caused by the things in your mouth. The only way to stop it permanently is to remove all the saliva and saliva glands, don't eat or drink anything for the rest of your life, and clean the mouth out with soap every day!

Cough that is brought on by cold weather
Mix crushed ginger with honey and lick as often as needed. The purpose of licking the mixture and not eating it is so that it continuously coats the throat and soothes it.

---
I'm not sure about this one.

Nose bleeds

---
What on earth is water on the face supposed to do to a cut in your shnozzle!?

Strengthen gums & teeth
Gargle with a solution of honey and vinegar. Healthy gums means healthy teeth.

---
Vinegar is acidic. It would make your teeth more rotten. And bacteria would feed off the honey, producing more acid, and more decay.

Non stop sneezing
Inhale the scent of Coriander leaves or should I say Cilantro :P
Liquidising the coriander will have the same effect.

---
No idea.

Bee/Wasp stings
Mix salt and vinegar and apply to sting. Very effective.

---
This only works for wasp stings. Bee stings are acidic, and require an alkali like baking soda to neutralise them. Putting salt or vinegar on a bee sting would make it much worse.

Baldness

---
Baldness is genetic. How is burnt goat toenail supposed to have any effect on it?

Improve your eyesight
Take 4 almonds, a pinch of fennel seeds and a small amount of misri (tiny sugar cubes available from asian supermarkets). Eat every day before bedtime. Sight will begin to improve day by day.
No idea, but probably doesn't work.

Massage mustard oil on eyelids before going to sleep. Your eye sight will never deteriorate inshaAllah.
:D How is putting mustard on your eyelids supposed to improve your eyesight? There's no scientific reason!

In WWII, the heroes of many young British boys were spitfire pilots. To get these lads to eat there vegetables, their mothers would tell them that the Spitfire pilots had such good eyesight because they eat carrots. In reality, it was the top-secret radar which gave them the advantage.

Just a silly superstition.

Relfexology is a psuedoscience which relies on non-existant 'energy' channels. It has no basis in science, and is a con invented by people who want to take advantage of the alternative medicine trade.

Any effects felt by the refuted ones result purely from the placebo effect.

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Continued.....

For longer healthier lashes
Heat milk and soak a piece of fabric in it. Place fabric over eyes and leave until it has cooled. Repeat process 4-5 times - no more.

Note: I've been unable to find the english word for the fabric mentioned, but I assume it's a nylon type of fabric.

---

Wounds
Grind some sesame seeds and mix with honey to form a paste and apply to wound.

---

Sun Burn/Sun Tan
Wash face with warm water and apply tomato juice. get's rid of unwanted sun tans (lol).

---

Dry/Flaky Scalp
Mix lemon juice and coconut oil and apply to scalp. Do this daily for a few days.

---

Liver problems/damaged liver
Take one radish (the long white one known as mooli in urdu) and leave out in the open so that it collects dew. Eat on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. (Normally when it's recommended that something has to be eaten on an empty stomach, one must not eat anything for at least half an hour afterwards).
After 3 weeks get a liver test done and inshaAllah you will find the problem has been cured.

Improve your memory
Take a few almonds and black pepper. Grind to form a powder and take first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. After some time your memory should have improved so much that you will begin to remember things you'd forgotten.

---

Insomnia
Massage feet with mustard oil 4-5 mins before bedtime. It will help relax your mind, improve your eyesight, memory and of course help you to get a good nights sleep.

---

Constipation
1. regular use of miswaak and walking 2 miles every morning will prevent and cure constipation

2. Before bedtime, drink warm milk with olive oil added to it.

3. Use brown flour for chappattis/bread etc

4. Mix fennel seeds with rose jam (gulkand in urdu) and consume daily until needed

5. Soak figs in milk and consume

fennel seeds

---

Intestinal worms
Soak a handful of black chickpeas in vinegar over night and consume first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Do not eat anything else until lunch time. InshaAllah this need only be done once.

---

Piles
Grind fresh henna leaves and add butter to form a paste. Applying this mixture to piles will cause them to shrink inshaAllah.

---

For a glowing complexion
1. Mix one egg yolk, 2tsp almond oil and beat until mixture becomes creamy (like liquid soap). Gently massage over and leave for 10 minz. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat daily for a few days.

2. rosy cheeks - Wash face and apply lemon juice to cheeks and leave for 10 minutes. Next, massage in some mustard oil and wipe off excess with towel.
Do this a few times if you wanna look like this :statisfie

3. wrinkles? Massage with lemon juice regularly.

InshaAllah more to come soon....

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 02:49 PM
^Don't worry bro. You don't have to believe it lol.

btw, for those interested, these remedies can be found in Dr B.U.D Javed's book 'Asaan Gharelu Nuskhe'.

amirah_87
08-20-2006, 02:52 PM
as salaamu alaykum,

Improve your memoryTake a few almonds and black pepper. Grind to form a powder and take first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. After some time your memory should have improved so much that you will begin to remember things you'd forgotten.
I know that eating rasins and drinking Ginger tea Improves your memory aswell, I know ppl who've tried it and it worked for them if that might help!! :)

I've tried using the egg white (not the yolk), for my face..the say it's prevents wrinkles, No.. i don't have wrinkles, just testing cause my taecher said thats what the princesses in her country do everynight!! ..hahaaa!! :)

Thanks for those sis... :thumbs_up

Fishman
08-20-2006, 03:08 PM
^Don't worry bro. You don't have to believe it lol.

btw, for those interested these remedies can be found in Dr B.U.D Javed's book 'Asaan Gharelu Nuskhe'.
I definitely wouldn't advise using honey and vinegar to clean your teeth though, or else you wouldn't be able to do this :D ever again!

And definitely don't put vinegar or salt on a bee sting. But it is very effective on alkali wasp stings though.

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Fishman;458072]:sl:
I definitely wouldn't advise using honey and vinegar to clean your teeth though, or else you wouldn't be able to do this :D ever again!
lol who said clean your teeth with it? You're suppose to gargle with the solution, then brush as normal.

And definitely don't put vinegar or salt on a bee sting. But it is very effective on alkali wasp stings though.
No, it's not salt or vinegar, it's salt and vinegar combined. Salt neutralises acidity.

Khayal
08-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Gud sharing Sister, jazaak ALLAH khayr..:rose:

Fishman
08-20-2006, 07:04 PM
lol who said clean your teeth with it? You're suppose to gargle with the solution, then brush as normal.
It is made of sugar and acid, the former of the two being food for bateria which produce tooth-rotting acid, and the latter being tooth-rotting acid itself! You might as well gargle Coca Cola!

No, it's not salt or vinegar, it's salt and vinegar combined. Salt neutralises acidity.
Salt is acid. Vinegar is acid. The two don't neutralise eachother.
And even if they did, it would be just as useless as putting water on the sting. pH 7+pH<7=pH<7. No reaction occurs, the acid is just diluted a bit.

Snowflake
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Fishman;458319]:sl:

It is made of sugar and acid, the former of the two being food for bateria which produce tooth-rotting acid, and the latter being tooth-rotting acid itself! You might as well gargle Coca Cola!
When something as beneficial as honey and vinegar have healing and antibacterial properties than you have you consider the advantages of their use. These remedies needn't compromise dental health if oral hygiene is properly maintained.

Salt is acid. Vinegar is acid. The two don't neutralise eachother.
And even if they did, it would be just as useless as putting water on the sting. pH 7+pH<7=pH<7. No reaction occurs, the acid is just diluted a bit.
Actually salt is alkaline. I think what you meant was that salt is the product of an acid-base reaction. Vinegar only contains 4 grams of acetic acid per 100 ml of solution - the rest being made up with water and probably other subtances. An alkali weakens or neutralises acids.

Although Wasp stings are supposed to be alkaline, that isn't strictly true- it is almost neutral at pH 6.8-6.9. And it's not correct to say that bee stings are acid and wasp stings are alkaline. Research has shown that bees and wasps have glands that can secrete either acid or alkaline venom.

All that aside, it is one of the blessings of Allah that food has healing properties. So I shall continue with my remedies thank you :D

Mawaddah
08-21-2006, 10:58 PM
as salaamu alaykum,

I've tried using the egg white (not the yolk), for my face..the say it's prevents wrinkles, No.. i don't have wrinkles, just testing cause my taecher said thats what the princesses in her country do everynight!! ..hahaaa!! :)

Thanks for those sis... :thumbs_up
Thats what the Princesses do? :eek: Where's your teacher from? Is she Indonesian maybe? :giggling:
I used to put eggwhite on my face like every other day but then I kinda got tired of that terrible stiff feeling so I quit.....I might do it again sometime,it's good for tightening the skin or so I hear, and it pulls out the impurities.

Mawaddah
08-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Sun Burn/Sun Tan
Wash face with warm water and apply tomato juice. get's rid of unwanted sun tans (lol).

I remember in Yemen one time I was at this ladies house and her son accidentally poured some boiling hot water on his arm, she grabbed a tomato and mushed it all over the burn......and it cooled it down, so I guess it could be used for regular burns as well? :?

Another 'weird' thing I've seen the Yemeni's use for burns is Kerosene .......I still dont understand what that's supposed to do!! :heated:

lolwatever
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
LOL WHAWTTt!!!!

KEROSENE?!?!?!? LOLLLL ISN'T THAT FLAMABLE?? hahahahah you guys are lossst lolllll

Snowflake
08-21-2006, 11:50 PM
lol I'm lost with the chemistry side of things. Two pharmacists confirmed that salt is alkaline then a teacher said it's an acid, which I challenged.. then he said it's actually neutralllll looool.. not that I care what is it as long as the remedies work! :giggling:

And Mawaddah sis, I so can believe about the tomato soothing burns. :thumbs_up

For minor burns you can use potato peels.
Interesting! You can also use raw potato for bleaching skin. Not bad eh?

This evening my son started crying saying his gums hurts. I went into a right state cuz I can't see my lil baby in pain. I checked his gums and saw what looked like a cut or something. So I grabbed my book and found a remedy for mouth ulcers. I tried one using coriander juice and put a few drops on the cut. He was like mummy it doesn't hurt anymore..bless. Thank you Allah :'( :wub:

So you see guys don't knock them till you've tried them :p

Hajar
08-22-2006, 12:04 AM
You can also use toothpast .. for minor burns ...

amirah_87
08-22-2006, 10:41 AM
As salaamu alaykum,

Thats what the Princesses do? :ooh:Where's your teacher from? Is she Indonesian maybe? :giggling:
I used to put eggwhite on my face like every other day but then I kinda got tired of that terrible stiff feeling so I quit.....I might do it again sometime,it's good for tightening the skin or so I hear, and it pulls out the impurities
LOL!! ;D Yeah Sis!, It was Zawjat Abi Turaab :)
You end up lookin' like doll once When it dries right... I can't help going into giggles though... it's stiffens you up too much!! :heated:

You used to do everyother day!!...:ooh: How'd it go!!??

umm-sulaim
08-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Kerosene lol, i didn't hear of that one lol... yemen never ceases to amaze...

LOol...egg yolks hehe..
we only did it for a short while though we stopped cos we couldn't keep staright faces lol, we got good tips from umm 3abdillah lol..

another cure is one for blindness we were getting weak eyesight but i didn't have my glasses and my friend wanted to stop wearing them and stuff so our teacher told us to use pure honey and apply it like eye liner,
she said all the indonesian brothers do it too...its really good mashsAllah, it stings of course...

also using the fat from the sheeps tail for curly hair, princesses in saudi use it to straighten their hair...

wassalaam

Mezier
08-23-2006, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Baldness is genetic. How is burnt goat toenail supposed to have any effect on it?
After some studying on that, I dont think it really is. Ive read numerous places where MPB is halted or reversed just by changing diet (anti-inflammatory foods), exercising, use scalp massages to increase blood flow and flush out DHT, along with some supplements.

Just my 2 cents.

Malaikah
08-23-2006, 08:41 AM
lol I'm lost with the chemistry side of things. Two pharmacists confirmed that salt is alkaline then a teacher said it's an acid, which I challenged.. then he said it's actually neutralllll looool.. not that I care what is it as long as the remedies work! :giggling:

what the :offended: two pharmacists told you that salt is alkaline?! Salt (i.e. NaCl) is neutral as can be! :uuh:

Malaikah
08-23-2006, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mezier
After some studying on that, I dont think it really is. Ive read numerous places where MPB is halted or reversed just by changing diet (anti-inflammatory foods), exercising, use scalp massages to increase blood flow and flush out DHT, along with some supplements.

Just my 2 cents.

But genetic factors can be influenced by the enviroment... im assuming you know some bio so... a person can have the genotype (the genetic make-up) for a certain trait but the penotype (the physical expression of the gene in the person) can be influenced by the enviroment, so even though something might be genetic, that doesnt mean it is 100% out of the control of the enviroment.

Fishman
08-23-2006, 12:04 PM

what the :offended: two pharmacists told you that salt is alkaline?! Salt (i.e. NaCl) is neutral as can be! :uuh:
Now can salt be neutral?! My dad (a professor of geochemistry) told me off for using it for melting snow off the car, because it would disolve the paint!

Mawaddah
08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
Kerosene lol, i didn't hear of that one lol... yemen never ceases to amaze...

LOol...egg yolks hehe..
we only did it for a short while though we stopped cos we couldn't keep staright faces lol, we got good tips from umm 3abdillah lol..

another cure is one for blindness we were getting weak eyesight but i didn't have my glasses and my friend wanted to stop wearing them and stuff so our teacher told us to use pure honey and apply it like eye liner,
she said all the indonesian brothers do it too...its really good mashsAllah, it stings of course...

also using the fat from the sheeps tail for curly hair, princesses in saudi use it to straighten their hair...

wassalaam
Sheeps in the Bahamas dont have Fatty tails like the ones in Yemen :D otherwise I would've tried it :p

Also about the honey on the eyes thing, this brother sent my dad some eyedrops, supposedly it cures your eyesight, and I think it has honey and blackseed in it, I tried it for a while but it burns toooooooooo badly :uhwhat

You know what else makes your face shine? take some egg yolk, and put some turmeric (yemenis call it Hurud) and mix it up and put it on your face till it dries............feels nice and fresh after that :statisfie

Abdulwaheed
08-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Baldness

Will this work for non growing beards as well?? :giggling:

umm-sulaim
08-23-2006, 02:51 PM
LOol... oh wow, sis maw you should write your very own book :)

mix it with hurud ey? LOol that stuff makes the face all yellow... its quite embarassing...but it works, and yemenis put it on their bodies too mashaAllah...

my mum put black seed oil on her eyes when she gets hay fever, it hurts really bad i get hayfever too so i tried it but after my eyes didn't itch r nothing mashaAllah!

wassalaam

umm-sulaim
08-23-2006, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdulwaheed
Baldness

for real wooooaah mashaAllah!!

amazing?!

wassalaam

Mawaddah
08-23-2006, 05:31 PM
^ The brother is asking will it work for non growing beards habibti, he didn't say it will work :giggling:

LOol... oh wow, sis maw you should write your very own book
naaah.....it's just that I like to read these malay books that have all sorts of traditional cures.....I love traditional stuff :-[

Oh yeah another malay thing, if you want bright fresh eyes, then everynight before you go to bed, rub olive oil or coconut oil around them

And another funny one : If you're too thin and you want to gain weight, everytime you cook rice, take some of the boiling rice water and mix it with sugar, do this daily and you will have a nice healthy body

tell princess try it :p ;D

Mezier
08-23-2006, 05:44 PM

But genetic factors can be influenced by the enviroment... im assuming you know some bio so... a person can have the genotype (the genetic make-up) for a certain trait but the penotype (the physical expression of the gene in the person) can be influenced by the enviroment, so even though something might be genetic, that doesnt mean it is 100% out of the control of the enviroment.
Yup i agree. some people maybe be prone to it than others. But I believe thats not to the extent where "if youve got it, your going bald 100% sure" type of thinking.

Will there always be bald men? Yep, just like how we will always have women going through menopause - its genetic. But can we alteast stop it for a bit or slow the process down? I really do believe so.

umm-sulaim
08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ The brother is asking will it work for non growing beards habibti, he didn't say it will work :giggling:

naaah.....it's just that I like to read these malay books that have all sorts of traditional cures.....I love traditional stuff :-[

Oh yeah another malay thing, if you want bright fresh eyes, then everynight before you go to bed, rub olive oil or coconut oil around them

And another funny one : If you're too thin and you want to gain weight, everytime you cook rice, take some of the boiling rice water and mix it with sugar, do this daily and you will have a nice healthy body

LOol sure will...

he said like its for baldness though lol thats what i was amazed about, cos i wanna tell some of the 3ajaa'iz in our family hehe...
i doubt they'll try it after they hear bout the goat hoof part but its worth the try....

that eye refresh sounds good, i'll try it insaAllah..

wassalaam

Snowflake
08-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Mawaddah;462110

LoL, yo that's not so funny.. it's true.. rice water is full of starch which is a carbohydrate that turns to sugar in the body, hence the weight gain ;D

amirah_87
08-26-2006, 01:08 AM
As salaamu alaykum,

Mawaddah;462110

Lol @ you Mawaddah, ;D

Hey you know what I also heard about the same lil' rice-water thing.... if you have diarhoea it's also good to drink the rice water...minus the sugar though!! :)

F.Y.
08-26-2006, 02:22 AM
About salt being an acid/base. I actually did an experiement at home with this and I found it to be neutral, like cheese said. I was surpirsed too, coz Ive always thought it to be sort of basic/alkaline in nature (tastes kind of bitter, as do most bases/alkaline things).

I found it to be neutral....hmmm.
Peace

umm-sulaim
08-31-2006, 09:52 PM
Another thing Yemen's do is that if they sense a flu/cold coming they chew on a raw onion, and by the will of Allah it prevents the flu/cold...

wassalaam

Snowflake
09-01-2006, 06:43 AM
I typed up a whole lot more cures using Quranic verses but my pc crashed just before I could post it :'(

Will do it sometime soon inshaAllah

watch out for more cures for baldness :D

umm-sulaim
09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
oh wow can't wait to read 'em sis, masha Allah...
better luck next time,

wassalaam

Snowflake
09-07-2006, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdulwaheed
Baldness

No harm in trying bro. I think rubbing all that black ash over one's bonce or face would make it look like there's hair there anyway. ;D

Ok guyz here's another cure for baldness inshaAllah.

Roohani ilaj/spiritual healing
Take a light blue (sky blue) coloured glass bottle and fill with pure sesame oil.

Read one tasbeeh: Alif Laam Raa til ka aa ya til kitabul mubeen - Araheemu araheemu araheemu.

Blow into bottle and continue doing this for another 40 days. (41 days in total).

On the last day, massage the oil into the scalp at bedtime and leave to work over night. InshaAllah baldness will be cured.

Note:This is roohani ilaj/spiritual healing. Before you begin, please read darood Ibrahimi 11x at the beginning and end of reading Bismillahi al wa se oo jallah jalalahu 101x. This need only be read the first time before doing roohani ilaj.

lolwatever
09-10-2006, 01:36 AM
salamz sis.. is there ne evidence 4 this lol?

we should setup some sort of LI department of health research :p

salamz

Snowflake
09-10-2006, 12:50 PM
salamz sis.. is there ne evidence 4 this lol?

we should setup some sort of LI department of health research :p

salamz
:giggling: Good idea! Are you offering to be a guinea pig? ;D

*noor
09-10-2006, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman

Of course it will leave a scar, there's no way that the body can reconstruct the old skin exactly how it was!

Yes there is. I've tried it before more than once. The trick is to apply it immediately after you get burned (within seconds). And before you apply it, don't wash the burn. You'll feel extreme burning after you apply it for a few minutes but then it really cools down and it wont scar.

Here's the proof that it actually works and not coincidental. We always have honey in the house and when working in the kitchen you tend to get burned a couple of times. Every time I got burned, I used the honey and it didn't scar at all. One time, we happened to have run out of honey. That's the only burn that ever scarred on me.

ZOREENA
09-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Anyone any suggestions of how to reduce how a scare looks, and i alwayz find when im sick, for example I have a sore stomach or feel queezy that if I go to my bathroom where itz freezin or somewhere cold...It takez my mind of how bad I feel and helpz a lot!!!

Snowflake
09-11-2006, 08:51 AM
^Salam Zoreena sis,

For old scars that are raised, Bio Oil is fantastic. As for natural remedies, I've yet to discover one that reduces the appearence of old scars. Black seed oil maybe?

wa'salam.

Mawaddah
09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
^ Cocoa butter reduces scars for me masha'allah :) I had this burn scar on my arm from when I spilt some oil down it and I kept applying natural Cocoa Butter and after a while it faded and went alhamdulillah. Shea Butter is also marvellous.....

ZOREENA
09-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Any curez for a hairy face??

Snowflake
09-12-2006, 10:57 PM
^Yes, spiritual healing. :)

ZOREENA
09-12-2006, 11:01 PM
you think so? No, my family and friendz etc suffer from it, itz terrible!!!

ZOREENA
09-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Ammmmmmmmm where exactly do ya get a goatz hoof lol!!! Itz difficult enuff to get a chicken leg over ere!!! Any natural remedies to make me skinny?

O aye, Honey has natual curez in it, and drinking it with milk, is fantastic for ya!! And i think thistle or something to that effect helpz with the liver!!!

Toothoaste is gr8 for cleanin jewellery btw, and if u get a stain on ya etc or on your clothez, spray hairspray on it immediatley and it will sorta lock it and the stain will come out, it wont help tho if the stain is alredi there and the garment has been washed!! Esp for hair colour etc, it helpz to get it out!!

Abdulwaheed
09-13-2006, 12:41 PM
What if i want a hairy face? Specifically around the chin area? is there any remedy for that? i got very little hair there lol

ZOREENA
09-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Go get yerself a Goat Brother!!! Just mash it up a bit and wack it on ya chinny chinnegan!! What age are ya if ya dont mind me asking??lol, maybe it has something to do wiv ya maturing as a man!!

Abdulwaheed
09-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I turn 22 in 4 days. Im medically a fully grown man and yet no sign of a beard. Well there is a little bit there. but not something to be proud of lol

But then again, im probably genetically hairless as there isnt much hair anywhere else lol

ZOREENA
09-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Im hairy in all the wrong placez, and ammm, lacking in the right onez!!! My hair is terrible, but I think coza the mixture of me rubbish blood and the bleaching to make it vibrant pink, may make it a bit baldified!!lol!! Im 23 soon, 30th september, so im ur elder hahahah!!!U may be more intelligent, but no matter what im ur elder hehe! I feel good now, I think im the most stupidest person on this forum...I can talk a lot of hammer too!! ANYWAY, try miracle grow?lol! No just wait and itl come, if not, then get a chin wig!!or bulid one...ie a bridge and get over it!!! lol!! No offence just messin!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.