/* */

PDA

View Full Version : evil thoughts

anonymous
08-20-2006, 09:07 AM
:sl:
well basicall y i have been having these reaaly evil thoughts latley. that f practisied, and dying on that practise, i will end up in hell.
i know they are from satan, and i know i must stop them, and by doing that adhering to the quran and sunnah.
my question is how do i reverse my thinking. and when i do inshallah, how do i be consistant in this
im the type of person that the more i think about something, the more it dosn't worry me. and i dont want that to happen. so yeah, suggestions...
jazakallahu khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
08-20-2006, 09:27 AM
salams bro/sis

one of the companions told the prophet "what do i do about thoughts that occur to me that the sky would drop if it was revealed to it", basically the prophet advised him to make isti'3atahh (say a'3uthu bilah)

and focus your attention on something else.. it happens to me too sometimes, i try dodge it by saying a'uthu bilahi minasahytanirajeem... or 'astaghfirullah' and focusing my attention on something else..

As long as they are thoughts that coem across without your will, Allah doesn't burden a soul beyond its capacity, as long as you don't dwell on them or happily accept them.

Take caer all the best!
salamz

ps: doing thikr whenever you're free helps alot too.. keep ur tongue soft with the thikr of Allah.

Najiullah
08-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Disturbed by waswaas (whispers from the Shaytaan) and evil thoughts

Question:
When I do Salah or intend to do good deeds I often get very evil thoughts in my mind. When I concentrate in Salah, and try to focus on the meaning of the words, evil thoughts enter my mind, which make evil suggestions about everything including Allah. I feel very frustrated and angry about this. I know that none forgives sins except Allah alone, but because of my thoughts I feel that there is nothing worse than to have evil thoughts about Allah. After Salah I ask Allah's forgiveness, but feel very bad because I want to stop these evil thoughts, but I can't stop them. These thoughts spoil my enjoyment of Salah, and also make me feel as though I am doomed. Please advise me.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah. Evil whispers during prayer and at other times come from the Shaytaan, who is keen to misguide the Muslim and deprive him of good and keep it far away from him. One of the Sahaabah complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about waswaas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He [the Sahaabi] said, I did that and Allaah took him away from me.
(Narrated by Muslim, 2203)
Proper focus (khushoo’) is the essence of prayer. Prayer without proper focus is like a body without a soul. The following are two of the things that help one to develop the proper focus:
1 – Striving to think about what you are saying and doing, pondering the meanings of the Qur’aan, dhikr and du’aa’s that you are reciting; bearing in mind that you are conversing with Allaah as if you can see Him. For when the worshipper stands to pray, he is speaking to his Lord, and ihsaan means worshipping Allaah as if you are seeing Him, and knowing that even though you cannot see Him, He sees you. Every time a person experiences the sweetness of prayer, he will be more inclined to do it. [?]. This depends of the strength of one's faith – and there are many means of strengthening one’s faith. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Of the things of your world, women and perfume have been made dear to me, and my joy is in prayer.” According to another hadeeth he said, “Let us relax, O Bilal, with prayer,” and he did not say, Give us a break from it.
2 – Striving to ward off the things that may distract you during prayer, namely thinking about things that are irrelevant or distracting. Waswaas affects each person differently, because waswaas has to do with a person’s level of doubts and desires and the degree to which a person is attached to other things or is fearing other things.
(From Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/605)
With regard to what you say about the waswaas reaching such a great level that you have begun to experience waswaas that makes you think about Allaah in ways that are not appropriate, these are evil whispers from the Shaytaan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And if an evil whisper from Shaytaan (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allaah. Verily, He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Knower”
[Fussilat 41:36]
Some of the Sahaabah complained about the waswaas that was bothering [?] them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).
Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth: “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the fact that think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”
And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytaan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kaafir, he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswaas, rather he can play with him however he wants. Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswaas is pure faith, or that waswaas is a sign of pure faith. See also question no. 12315
The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswaas happens to everyone who turns to Allaah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytaan. “Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan” [al-Nisa’ 4:76 – interpretation of the meaning]. Every time a person wants to turn to Allaah, waswaas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytaan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to move towards Allaah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswaas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytaan do with a house in ruins?”
(From Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).
The remedy:
1 – If you feel that you are being affected by this waswaas, say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allaah.’ Then the Shaytaan says, ‘Who created Allaah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger). Then that will go away from him.”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 116).
2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it.
Finally we advise you to keep on turning to Allaah in all situations, and to ask Him for help, and to beseech Him, and to ask Him to make you steadfast until death, and to cause you to die doing righteous deeds… And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 09:34 AM
If you are having thoughts of doing something bad and they make you anxious, you may have an anxiety disorder. With some anxiety disorders, one fears they will do harm.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Quruxbadaan
08-20-2006, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
well basicall y i have been having these reaaly evil thoughts latley. that f practisied, and dying on that practise, i will end up in hell.
i know they are from satan, and i know i must stop them, and by doing that adhering to the quran and sunnah.
my question is how do i reverse my thinking. and when i do inshallah, how do i be consistant in this
im the type of person that the more i think about something, the more it dosn't worry me. and i dont want that to happen. so yeah, suggestions...
jazakallahu khair.

we all have evil thoughts (altho some wose than others)

it depends what you mean

ask allah for help and forgivness he is the one who forgives

and he is the ruler the king

Maa salaam a

Fatimab
08-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Subhnallah
Alhamduallah someone has finally made a thread on Evil thoughts cause at times things comes popping in my head and i just wanted to know how to avoid such thoughts.

Thankyou

- Qatada -
08-20-2006, 01:12 PM
:salamext:

This is from another post, so some things might not relate to you. But its referring to the waswasa (satanic whispers) so it might be of some help insha'Allaah.

jazak Allaah khayr for explaining your situation, because the cure to ignorance is asking, as our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) said.

I just want you to know that what you are experiencing now is quite common to happen to the believer (the mu'min) and it is a sign of faith. In islam, its called waswasa (the whisperings of satan) and it is one of the ways shaytan will try to put someone off the right path.

Its also important to remember that one of the main reasons you feel weak is because you believe in Allaah, but you don't have any evidence in your mind to prove those satanic thoughts wrong. And the only cure to that is by reading more and more from the Qur'an and Sunnah to clear the misconceptions that satan puts in your mind. This way, the more evidence you have - the more stronger a believer you will become insha'Allaah, and the more evidence you will have to drive away them satanic thoughts insha'Allaah.

We advise you not to pay any attention to these whispers, and to ignore them, and to do the opposite of what they are calling you to do. For these whispers (waswaas) come from the Shaytaan to cause grief to those who believe. The best way to deal with them is to remember Allaah a great deal (dhikr), to seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan [by saying: a`udhu billahi mina ash-shaytani ar-rajim; I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed).], to keep away from sins and wrong actions which are the means by which Iblees gains control over the sons of Adam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, he [the Shaytaan] has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allaah)”

[al-Nahl 16:99]

It is worth quoting here what Ibn Hajar al-Haythami (may Allaah have mercy on him) said about dealing with waswasah in his book al-Fataawa al-Fiqhiyyah al-Kubra, 1/149. This is what he said:

“He was asked about the problem of waswasah (insinuating whispers from the Shaytaan), and whether there is a remedy for it.

He replied by saying that there is an effective remedy for it, which is to ignore them completely, no matter how frequently they may come to mind. When these whispers are ignored, they do not become established, rather they go away after a short time, as many people have experienced. But for those who pay attention to them and act upon them, they increase until they make him like one who is insane or even worse, as we see among many of those who have suffered from them and paid attention to them and to the devil whose task it is to insinuate these whispers, whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned us against when he said, “Beware the whispers with regard to water (i.e., wudoo’) which is caused by a devil called al-Walhaan” – because that causes a person to go to extremes with regard to doing wudoo’, as was explained in Sharh Mishkaat al-Anwaar.

In al-Saheehayn there is a report which supports what has been mentioned above, which is that whoever suffers from waswaas should seek refuge with Allaah and turn away from the waswaas. So think about this effective remedy which was taught by the one who does not speak of his own whims and desires to his ummah, and understand that whoever is deprived of this is deprived of all goodness, because waswasah comes from the Shaytaan, according to scholarly consensus, and the accursed one (the Shaytaan) has no other desire than to make the believers go astray, make them confused, make their life a misery, cause them distress to the extent that they leave Islam without realizing it.

“Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy”

[Faatir 35:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

According to another hadeeth, the one who suffers from waswasah should say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers).” Undoubtedly, whoever thinks of the paths of the Messengers of Allaah, especially our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will find that his path and his law is easy and clear, with no hardship in it.

“… and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever ponders this and believes in it sincerely, the problem of waswasah and listening to the Shaytaan will go away. In the book of Ibn al-Sunni it is narrated via ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), “Whoever suffers from this waswaas, let him say ‘Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers)’, three times, and it will go away from him.”

Al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam and others mentioned something similar to the above. They said: the treatment for waswasah is to believe that this is an idea from the Shaytaan and that Iblees is the one who is bringing these thoughts to his mind, and he should strive to fight him. Then he will have the reward of the mujaahid, because he is fighting the enemy of Allaah. If he does that, then the Shaytaan will flee from him. This is what mankind has been tested with from the beginning of time, and Allaah has given him (Iblees) some power over man as a test for him, so that Allaah may show the truth to be true and falsehood to be false, even though the disbelievers may hate that.

In Muslim, hadeeth no. 2203, it is narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas said: “The Shaytaan was interfering with my prayer and recitation of Qur’aan. He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ] said: ‘That is a devil called Khanzab, so seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times.’ I did that, and Allaah took him away from me.”

This hadeeth proves the point we are making, which is that waswasah can only overpower the one who is ignorant and confused and does not know what’s what. But the one who has knowledge and understanding will the Sunnah and keep away from bid’ah. The worst of the innovators are those who follow waswaas, hence Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated that his shaykh al-Rabee’ – who was the imam of the people of his time – was the fastest of the people in relieving himself and doing wudoo’.

Ibn Hurmuz used to be slow in relieving himself and in doing wudoo’, and he used to say “I have a problem, do not follow my example.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said that one of the scholars thought it was mustahabb for the one who was affected by waswasah with regard to his wudoo or prayer to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, for when the Shaytaan hears dhikr (remembrance of Allaah) he slinks away, and Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah is the best of dhikr, and the most effective remedy for warding off waswasah is to remember Allaah a great deal.

We ask Allaah to take away the waswasah that you are suffering and to increase us and you in faith, righteousness and piety. Ameen.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&QR=62839

I strongly encourage you to read the following threads too:

Soul Selling
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...l-selling.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...8-did-you.html

Satanic Whispers: Meaning & Remedy
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544296

You may feel afraid that you're sinful for this act, even though its not your fault. But alhamdulillah (praise be to Allaah Almighty) - our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“Allaah has forgiven for my ummah that which is whispered to them and which crosses their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6664; Muslim, 127)

Allaah Almighty says in the Qur'an:

We send down (stage by stage) in the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss. (17:82)

So listening and reciting to the Qur'an (especially surah falaq (113) and surah nas (114)) may help insha'Allaah:

http://quran.jalisi.com (beautiful Qur'an recitations - Sa'ad al ghamdi)

http://www.sabbir.com/DownloadHalal.html (Qur'an - english and arabic audio)

All of them are authentic and enjoyable masha'Allaah, and it may make it easier to get a deeper understanding of islam so you can beat those evil thoughts because the cure to ignorance is knowledge.

Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (Allaah Almighty knows best.)

If you got any questions, please do ask insha'Allaah. jazak Allaah khayr.

:wasalamex

I think you should check this link out also insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...need-help.html

When a person has faith, then shaytan will keep whispering to the person to try to distract them from the siraat-ul mustaqeem (the straight path) . So keep remembering Allaah, and keep praising Allaah (i.e. subhan Allaah, alhamdulillah, Allaahu akbar, La illaah illallaah etc.)

Whenever you pray 5 daily prayers, then concentrate on what you say, because within surah fatiha - you recite 'ikhdinas-siraat-al mustaqeem' (guide us to the straight path.) - and if you're sincere in this, Allaah Almighty will keep you on the straight path insha'Allaah, because you pray this surah about 17times a day [minimum] (when you pray your 5 daily salaah/prayers.)

If you remember Allaah Almighty at times of ease, Allaah will remember you at times of hardship insha'Allaah.

We will keep you in our dua's insha'Allaah. :)

Also check:

http://makedua.com

anonymous
08-21-2006, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Quruxbadaan
we all have evil thoughts (altho some wose than others)

it depends what you mean

ask allah for help and forgivness he is the one who forgives

and he is the ruler the king

Maa salaam a

this ismy problem, everytime i ask allah of something, even in prayer, satan whispes to me: you are worshpping so and so... etc etc. so that sometimes makes me not ask of allah, or i am abit hesidant to. which I dont like doing, because if i dont ask of allah, who am i gonna ask?? get my drift.

DigitalStorm82
08-22-2006, 05:39 AM
Bro, try to understand what your saying in salaah. Comprehend what your saying in salaah... perhaps this will help you focus more... and recite out loud for fard part of the salaah.. (first 2 rakaah of fajr maghrib and isha)

if it still doesn't work... read Quran and Sunnah.... make sure you dont have any innovations in your worship.

or simply read Surah Baqarah once every day for 3 days.... every month. This will prevent shataan from entering your house.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Farhan1
08-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Aslam Malaikum Brothers and Sisters,
I also suffered from same evil thoughts when this kind of thoughts coming in your mind keep calm and relaxed.Just observe those thoughts.Tell to yourself i will not and never think about such kind of thoughts.The better way is doing meditation it will help you to make awareness when you become aware such thoughts wont popup this is most affective way.In Meditation keep telling to yourself i wont and never will have such thoughts this all are foolish things. Moreover Pray to ALLAH the one who is the reall protector and ask dua in each and every prayer but dont forget you also have to put your efforts then ALLAH will reward you and also remove this evil thoughts.

learningislam
08-22-2006, 10:46 PM

have a look at this thread, as somebody else also had problems similar to those of yours.

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...tml#post377400

May Allah Almighty help you .Ameen

Woodrow
08-22-2006, 11:35 PM
This is nothing uncommon or abnormal. So far everybody has given very good advice and I have no additional advice to offer.

I just want to emphasise that this is something that is quite normal and if you follow the advice of what has been given above you will win and regain peace. There are many reasons why we humans have this happen to us. There can be libraries written about it. But, the simplist answer is the best. Life is a trial.

Now a trial is to be faced not feared or hidden from. Follow what you were told, know you have the strength to over come it.

anonymous
08-23-2006, 09:13 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
jazakallahu khair for your advice.
islam is the most beautiful thing. alhamdulilah. sometimes i dont realsie this until i hear the convosations of others and think about the way they live their lives. its abit scary that it could happen to you.

also, what scares me is sometimes i feel relaxed about these thoughts. like for example, i may be in the middle of class and these thoughts attak me, but i dont defend myself as much as i shold. and thats what scares me, the fact that im not scared.

anonymous
08-23-2006, 09:22 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters again.
quick questions inshallah.
i just want to know how does one feel sad about their sins. for example someone may do a sin, and realise that they are doing it, but not feel bad about it. and even worse, is that when that person does feel bad they know htat they are going to fall into that sin again beause it is soo appernat in that persons society.
get my drift.
and also, some advice on how to feel spirtitually touched. for example when looking at the signs of alah, or reading the quran, one sometimes feels that they are not fully absorbng it. and really want to, and they really want their hearts to sough and absorb and then inshallah practise, or in a mtter of beief, believe what is being said
jazakallahu khair

- Qatada -
08-23-2006, 12:48 PM

:sl: brothers and sisters again.
i just want to know how does one feel sad about their sins. for example someone may do a sin, and realise that they are doing it, but not feel bad about it. and even worse, is that when that person does feel bad they know htat they are going to fall into that sin again beause it is soo appernat in that persons society.
get my drift.

Love Fear and Hope - The Three Essential Ingredients for Eeman
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...fear+love+hope

and also, some advice on how to feel spirtitually touched. for example when looking at the signs of alah, or reading the quran, one sometimes feels that they are not fully absorbng it. and really want to, and they really want their hearts to sough and absorb and then inshallah practise, or in a mtter of beief, believe what is being said
jazakallahu khair

You can listen to Qur'aan recitations while reading the meaning of the Qur'aan, and this kind of gives a more emotional boost, because of the eloquency of the Qur'aan:

So check these links insha'Allaah:

http://quran.jalisi.com/

http://quranicrealm.com/

http://www.sabbir.com/DownloadHalal.html

And if you want to understand tafsir/explanation of the Qur'aan - you can download some good tafsir lectures off:

http://www.streetdawah.com/muhammadal-shareef.html

All of the above will be of more benefit insha'Allaah, because their different forms of learning methods; reading and also hearing. This way, it will be more interesting for you insha'Allaah.

C'est Moi
04-21-2007, 02:26 AM
:sl: I hope ur doing well inshaAllah. I just wanted to let u kno that i am suffering from the same problem as u and i just wanted to ask if ur still suffering from these whisperings? please get back to me because it would be nice for me to speak to someone who is in the same situation as me!

Takecare :thumbs_up

this ismy problem, everytime i ask allah of something, even in prayer, satan whispes to me: you are worshpping so and so... etc etc. so that sometimes makes me not ask of allah, or i am abit hesidant to. which I dont like doing, because if i dont ask of allah, who am i gonna ask?? get my drift.

Abdul Fattah
04-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Selam aleykum
*Replace something that is bad with something that is better inshaAllah.

*The Imam ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah) said:
"Repel the (evil) thought, for if you don't it becomes an idea. So repel the idea, for if you don't it will become a desire. So fight against the desire, for if you don't it will become a determination and a passion. If you don't repel that, it will become an action. If you don't replace it with the opposite of this action, it will become a constant habit, and at that point it will be difficult to change."

*Look up why that forbidden thing is forbidden (which hadeeth, which ayah forbade it). The more certain you are of the rule against it, the less room shaytan will have to talk you into doing it inshaAllah.

*Everytime the thought occurs, do something good (like zikhr or something). InshaAllah shaytan will stop whispering about this out of fear that you'll get more reward for the good things you do everytime he brings it up.

C'est Moi
05-17-2007, 01:05 AM
:w:
Jazakallahi khair akhi Abdul Fattah. I have been seeking refuge in Allah from the shaytaan when these evil thoughts come! but i still find it coming back to me over and over again...i try to recite Qur'aan and make dua but i find it hard my heart just feels hard and i feel like im never going to get better! :cry:

Snowflake
05-17-2007, 09:11 AM
=anonymous;461600]:sl: brothers and sisters again.
i just want to know how does one feel sad about their sins.
I think it helps if one takes account of all the blessing Allah has given him/her and how much praise, honour and worship is one giving in return. Naturally, when one is not fulfilling his duties towards Allah, despite being given so much, it makes one feel bad - or it should at least. Think, if a person was doing so much for you but you gave nothing in return. Wouldn't that make you feel bad? That's how we should feel when it comes to how much Allah gives us and how we act in return.

jazakallahu khair
The more dhikr we do, the more our hearts open up and bring us closer to Allah subhana wa ta'ala. I swear, just walking down the street reciting 'SubhanAllah' (or whatever you like) creates a deep love and awareness of Allah and His beautiful Creation deep in one's soul. Make dhikr continuously and inshaAllah you will find your heart, soul and mind falling in love with Allah and all that He has commanded.

poga
05-17-2007, 05:06 PM
jazakallahu khair.
:sl: we get good and bad thoughts that is our normal human condition
we find our self inbetween satanic whisphers and allah's command
what we must do now is to use our criteirion our consciousness to choose what is halal and what is haram
now if there is urge for some haram may be it is relation or nutrition replace it with something halal but don't ignore it completely

- Qatada -
05-17-2007, 05:12 PM

Brother poga ^ the Qur'an and Sunnah is the criterion to distinguish between what is haraam and what is halaal. :) Not our consciouss by itself.

Lee
05-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I hope that I won't upset anyone here for I have respect for your beliefs.

I've been reading this thread and thought I might share what I do as a Christian when Satan comes with his evil thoughts that I don't want. I rebuke him and command him to go in the name of Jesus Christ (not in my own name because I have no power against Satan). The evil thoughts always stop and I praise God for delivering me.

Camomilla
05-18-2007, 12:29 PM
thanx for the share

- Qatada -
05-18-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lee
I hope that I won't upset anyone here for I have respect for your beliefs.

I've been reading this thread and thought I might share what I do as a Christian when Satan comes with his evil thoughts that I don't want. I rebuke him and command him to go in the name of Jesus Christ (not in my own name because I have no power against Satan). The evil thoughts always stop and I praise God for delivering me.

The devils can't harm us at all if we seek refuge in God/Allaah, our Creator, Cherisher & Sustainer. :) Yet we know that God doesn't have children, so we seek refuge in God Alone. I hope you understand.

Peace.

anonymous
05-20-2007, 09:15 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
well, this thread is a blast form the past. i'm the original poster by the way.

jazakallahu khair for all your replies.

Sunnih
05-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Question:
Will the one who suffers from waswaas (insinuating whispers from the Shaytaan) be rewarded? What should he do?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says in Soorat al-Naas (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: I seek refuge with (Allaah) the Lord of mankind,

The King of mankind —

The Ilaah (God) of mankind,

From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one’s heart after one remembers Allaah).

Who whispers in the hearts of mankind.

Of jinn and men.”[al-Naas 114:1-6]

Muslim (132) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: “Some of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to him and said, ‘We find things in our hearts that none of us would dare to utter out loud.’ He said, ‘Do you really find that?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is clear faith.’”

Muslim (3203) narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, the Shaytaan is coming between me and my prayer and making me confused in my recitation.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If you feel his presence, then seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” [‘Uthmaan] said: “I did that and Allaah took him away from me.”

Al-Bukhaari (3276) and Muslim (134) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Shaytaan comes to some of you and says, “Who created such and such? Who created such and such?” – until he says, “Who created your Lord?” If that happens, then let him seek refuge with Allaah and stop thinking about that.’”

Al-Bukhaari (1231) and Muslim (389) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘When the call for prayer is given, the Shaytaan runs away, breaking wind loudly so as not to hear the adhaan. When the adhaan ends, he comes back. When the iqaamah is made, he runs away, then when the iqaamah ends, he comes back to distract a man from his prayer, saying, “Remember such and such,” things that the man did not remember, until he does not know how many rak’ahs he has prayed. If one of you does not know how many rak’ahs he has prayed, whether it is three or four, then let him do two prostrations whilst he is sitting.”

Muslim (571) narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘If one of you is uncertain about his prayer and cannot remember how many rak’ahs he has prayed, whether it was three or four, then let him avoid doubt and act upon that of which he is certain, then let him do two prostrations before he says the salaam. Then if he prayed five rak’ahs then they will make his prayer even, and if he prayed four then that will annoy the Shaytaan.”

These aayahs and ahaadeeth show just how keen the Shaytaan is to lead the sons of Adam astray and stop them from worshipping their Lord, by means of the waswaas (whispers) which he instills in their hearts. But the way to save oneself from these devilish whispers is made clear. For some people the matter may go so far that they have doubts about every act of worship they try to do, whether they have even done it or not. The question here is not whether such a person is to blame, rather the question is whether a person will be rewarded for his striving against the Shaytaan and his efforts to resist these whispers, or not.

There is no clear statement from the scholars on this matter, but it may be understood from the words of the two Shaykhs, Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on them), that he will be rewarded for that. This is what is to be understood from the texts quoted above, as we shall see below.

In the first hadeeth, the Sahaabah asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the waswaas that they felt in their hearts, and he said, “That is clear faith.” Shaykh al-Islam (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 7/282) said: “In other words, the fact that this waswaas was happening and they disliked it so much and pushed it away from their hearts is clear faith, like the mujaahid to whom the enemy comes and he resists him until he defeats him, and this is the greatest form of jihad. Clear (sareeh) means pure, like pure milk. It becomes clear and pure because they hated those devilish whispers and warded them off, so their faith became pure and clear.”

He also said (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 14/108):

“This waswasah is something that enters the heart not by a person’s choice, and if a person hates it and shuns it, this hatred of it is clear faith.”

He also said (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/608):

“Many of the scholars said: hating that, disliking it and shunning it is clear faith. Praise be to Allaah that the most the Shaytaan can do is whisper, for when the jinn-devil is defeated, it whispers (waswasa) and when the human devil is defeated he lies. Waswaas affects everyone who tries to focus on Allaah in his worship and dhikr etc. So one has to be steadfast and patient and persist in dhikr or prayer; he should not feel distressed because if he persists, that will divert the plot of the Shaytaan away from him, for the plot of the Shaytaan is weak.”

And he said in Dar’ al-Ta’aarud, 3/318:

“This waswaas may be gotten rid of by seeking refuge with Allaah and ignoring it, so that if [the Shaytaan] says, ‘you did not wash your face,’ you should say, ‘Yes, I did wash my face;’ if he thinks that he did not form the intention (for prayer) or say Allaahu akbar, he should say in his heart, ‘Yes I did form the intention and say Allaahu akbar.’ He should cling steadfastly to the truth and ward off the waswaas that goes against it, so that the Shaytaan will see how strong and steadfast he is in adhering to the truth, and will leave him alone. Otherwise when he [the Shaytaan] sees that he is influenced by doubts and responsive to waswaas, he will send him more waswaas until he will be unable to resist and his heart will become receptive to the seductive whispers of the devils of the jinn and of mankind, and he will move from one thing to another until the Shaytaan drives him to his doom.

Based on the above, we may say that a man will be rewarded for resisting this waswaas and for striving against the Shaytaan for a number of reasons:

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) praised the feeling of hatred towards the waswaas that had to do with doubts concerning belief (‘aqeedah), when he said, “That is clear faith.” One of things implied by the hatred of this waswaas is that one turns away from it and does not get carried away with it.

2 – Obeying the command of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Let him stop it.”

3 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said concerning the prostration of forgetfulness (sajdat al-sahw): “They will annoy the Shaytaan.” This implies encouragement to annoy and humiliate the Shaytaan. Annoying him here means turning away from this waswaas and not paying any attention to it. This is in addition to the fact that Allaah and His Messenger have taught us to seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, etc.

4 – The difficulties and distress that the believer may suffer as a result of this waswaas may be included in the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “No Muslim suffers tiredness, exhaustion, worry, grief, annoyance or distress, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allaah will expiate some of his sins thereby.”

(al-Bukhaari, 2573; Muslim, 5642).

5 – Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah – may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “like the mujaahid to whom the enemy comes and he resists him until he defeats him, and this is the greatest form of jihad.” The fact that he likens him to a mujaahid and describes this as the greatest form of jihad may be understood to mean that he will be rewarded for that.

And Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and all his family and companions.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Sunnih
05-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Question:
I'd like to know if there is a way to distinguish the wassasa that is coming from the shaytan, and the wassasa coming from the nafs, and can we know which is coming out of which? And if it is coming out of the nafs, are we going to be punished even if we reject it?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The waswaas which people experience is not all of the same type or degree, either in terms of the type of sickness or in terms of its source and effect.

The kind of waswaas which tempts a person to listen to or look at haraam things or to commit immoral actions, and makes such things appear attractive to him, comes from three sources: the nafs or self which is inclined to evil (cf. Yoosuf 12:53), the devils among the jinn, and the devils among mankind.

Allaah says, describing the first source, which is the nafs (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge)”

[Qaaf 50:16]

Allaah says, describing the second source, which is the devils among the jinn (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then Shaytaan (Satan) whispered to him, saying: ‘O Adam! Shall I lead you to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that will never waste away’”

[Ta-Ha 20:120]

And Allaah says, describing the third source, which is the devils among mankind (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: I seek refuge with (Allaah) the Lord of mankind,

2. The King of mankind —

3. The Ilaah (God) of mankind,

4. From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one’s heart after one remembers Allaah).

5. Who whispers in the breasts of mankind.

6. Of jinn and men”

[al-Naas 114:1-6]

So these waswaas may come from the jinn or from the sons of Adam (human beings).

See question no. 59931

What happens to a Muslim regarding his wudoo’ and prayer, where he does not know how many times he washed during wudoo’ or how many rak’ahs he did in prayer, comes from the Shaytaan. If he seeks refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, Allaah will suffice him against him. But if he gives in to him and responds to the waswaas, the Shaytaan will gain power over him, and that waswaas will become a chronic problem. This is what is called al-waswaas al-qahri (overwhelming waswaas). This kind of waswaas – as one of those who are specialized in this field said – “is a sickness which befalls some people like any other kind of sickness. It refers to repeated thoughts, movements, ideas or notions which are of a loathsome nature that a person would ordinarily reject and strive to resist. He also realizes that they are wrong and have no meaning, but there is something that is pushing him towards them and he usually fails to resist them. The strength of these waswaas may vary, so much so that they appear – to non-specialists – to be very strong and it seems that the sick person is doing that willingly. This kind of waswaas may also affect a person in his worship and in his worldly affairs.”

The waswaas of the Shaytaan may be dispelled by seeking refuge with Allaah.

The waswaas that comes from one’s own self may also be dispelled by seeking refuge with Allaah, and by strengthening the connection between a person and his Lord by doing acts of worship and obedience and by giving up evil things.

As for al-waswaas al-qahri (overwhelming waswaas), it is a kind of sickness as stated above.

The difference between the waswaas that comes from the Shaytaan and the waswaas that comes from the nafs is subtle, as was quoted by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) from some of the scholars. He said:

Abu Haazim made a comparison between the waswasah caused by the nafs and that caused by the Shaytaan, and said: Whatever your nafs hates for your nafs is from the Shaytaan, so seek refuge with Allaah from it. And whatever your nafs likes for your nafs is from your nafs so forbid it to it.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 17/529, 530

i.e., the nafs usually whispers concerning things which are connected to its whims and desires, which people usually like.

Some of the scholars pointed out another important difference, which is that the waswaas that comes from the Shaytaan makes sin appear attractive until the Muslim falls into it; if the Shaytaan is unable to achieve that, he moves on to another sin, and if that does not work he moves on to a third, and so on. He does not care about making the Muslim fall into a particular sin, rather what he cares about is making the Muslim disobey his Lord, and it is all the same to him whether he makes him do something that is forbidden or omit something that is obligatory, for all of it is sin and disobedience. As for the waswaas that comes form the nafs, it is what urges the person to commit a specific sin and repeatedly seeks to make him do it.

The Muslim will not be punished for the waswaas that comes from the Shaytaan or from his own nafs, so long as he does not speak of it or act upon it. But he is commanded to resist it, and if he neglects to resist it and goes along with it, then he will be punished for that neglect.

He is commanded not to pay any attention to the waswaas of the Shaytaan, and to proceed on the basis of the smaller number (of rak’ahs) in prayer if he is not sure how many he has done. He is commanded to seek refuge from the Shaytaan and spit drily to his left three times if the waswaas of the Shaytaan comes to him whilst he is praying. He is commanded to keep company with good people and avoid bad people. Whoever is negligent with regard to any of these matters will fall into the traps of his nafs which is inclined to evil, or will respond to the devils among the jinn and mankind, in which case he will be punished.

As for overwhelming waswaas, it is a kind of sickness – as mentioned above – so the Muslim will not be harmed by it and Allaah will not punish him for it, because it is beyond his control. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him”

[al-Talaaq 65:7]
“So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can”

[al-Taghaabun 64:16]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will forgive my ummah for whatever crosses their minds so long as they do not speak of it or act upon it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4968; Muslim, 127

The one who is tested with this kind of waswaas must always read Qur’aan and recite the dhikrs prescribed in sharee’ah, morning and evening. He must strengthen his faith by doing acts of worship and shunning evil. He must occupy himself in seeking knowledge, for although the Shaytaan may gain power over a worshipper, he cannot gain power over one who has knowledge.

The Shaytaan may come and whisper evil things to a Muslim about Allaah, or His Messenger, or His sharee’ah, things that the Muslim hates and does not approve of. The fact that he resists these waswaas and hates them is a sign of the soundness of his faith. So he should strive to control his nafs (jihad al-nafs) and not respond to the one who calls him to evil.

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The phrase: “and whether you disclose what is in your own selves or conceal it, Allaah will call you to account for it” [al-Baqarah 2:284 – interpretation of the meaning] means that even if He brings you to account and questions you, He will not punish you except for that which a person is able to ward off. As for that which he cannot ward off, such as the waswaas of the nafs, no one is accountable for that, and hating evil waswasah is part of faith.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/343

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

Waswaas and ideas may cross a person’s mind, especially to do with Tawheed and faith; will the Muslim be punished for that?

He replied:

It is narrated in al-Saheehayn and elsewhere that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will forgive my ummah for whatever crosses their minds so long as they do not speak of it or act upon it.” Agreed upon. And it is narrated that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the kinds of waswaas and thoughts referred to in the question crossing their minds. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) replied: “That is a clear sign of faith.” Narrated by Muslim. And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will keep on wondering until it is said, ‘This was created by Allaah, but who created Allaah?’ Whoever experiences any of that, let him say, ‘Aamantu Billaahi wa rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messengers).’” Agreed upon. According to another report: “Let him seek refuge with Allaah and stop it.” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh.

Tuhfatal-Ikhwaan bi Ajwibah Muhimmah tata’allaq bi Arkaan al-Islam (question no. 10).

In the answer to question no. 62839 you will find important information on waswasah and the remedy for it.

In the answer to question no. 25778 we have described the remedy for one who is worried about waswaas and passing thoughts.

See the answer to question no. 12315 for important advice.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

C'est Moi
05-23-2007, 02:21 PM

Jazakillah khair for ur message but i cant reply to u because im not a full memeber lol cud u plz send me another message with ur email so i can contact u inshaallah. :)

jazakallahu khair.

C'est Moi
06-02-2007, 11:10 PM

Did u recieve my email???

jazakallahu khair.

adeel
06-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Jazakallah for posting this thread and all the helpers helping, mashallah now i know how to concentrate better in my Prayer.
Jazakallah Khair
Salaam

00:00
06-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Keep yourself busy, do something, that will get your mind off these evil thoughts.

C'est Moi
06-08-2007, 12:20 AM

Ive tried that and most of the time i find that the more i try to ignore the whispers the worse it gets subhaanallah. :cry:

format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
Keep yourself busy, do something, that will get your mind off these evil thoughts.

jzcasejz
06-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Check this lecture out if you've got the time, maybe it can be of help to you...it's all about the issue of these satanic whispers:

SATANiC WHiSPERS
Abu Yusuf Riyadh Al Haq

"As humans we are all victims of the satanic onslaught of evil and insidious thoughts. Only the Prophets عليهم السلام have been granted immunity and protection from shaytan’s whispers. Such thoughts can range from satanic whispers during our salaah, to questions regarding predestination. The aim of these satanic whispers needs to be understood. Their purpose is to deter one from the remembrance and worship of Allah سبحانه و تعالى . A cure for these whispers is contained therein."

Side A: http://www.alkawtharacademy.org/down...2009-06-00.mp3

Side B: http://www.alkawtharacademy.org/down...2009-06-00.mp3

------
06-08-2007, 08:45 AM

Mashaa Allaah, thats a top lecture^^^.

Pure Imaan
06-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters

I too suffered from wawaas however I pondered over the whispering a gread deal to the degree where i left my salat and changed ny ways, I was very sad, depressed, i was very lost as I left Allah, and now I am slowly beginning to realise that without Allah a person has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I am very happy I am a muslim as we lead simple and meanigful lives, however I wanted to ask what books shall I read in order to strengthen my imaan, as I wish to strive towards becoming the best muslim that I can, inshallah, I pray my brothers and sisters also stay steadfast in our deen and inshallah be accepted in Jannah Al Fidrous...ameen.

00:00
06-08-2007, 10:44 PM
however I wanted to ask what books shall I read in order to strengthen my imaan, as I wish to strive towards becoming the best Muslim that I can, inshallah, I pray my brothers and sisters also stay steadfast in our deen and inshallah be accepted in Jannah Al Fidrous...ameen.
Prophets Seerah. Biography. Read that and you iman will def increase. inshallah.

C'est Moi
08-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Hope ur doing well ukhti. Do u still get the whispers from shaytaan? i read ur post and it relates to my situation too. I ponder over these whispers too much but i cant seem to stop it! What thngs did u do to help urslf overcome this? i hope to hear from u soon inshaallah. jazakillah khair wassalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Imaan
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters

I too suffered from wawaas however I pondered over the whispering a gread deal to the degree where i left my salat and changed ny ways, I was very sad, depressed, i was very lost as I left Allah, and now I am slowly beginning to realise that without Allah a person has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I am very happy I am a muslim as we lead simple and meanigful lives, however I wanted to ask what books shall I read in order to strengthen my imaan, as I wish to strive towards becoming the best muslim that I can, inshallah, I pray my brothers and sisters also stay steadfast in our deen and inshallah be accepted in Jannah Al Fidrous...ameen.

jzcasejz
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi
Hope ur doing well ukhti. Do u still get the whispers from shaytaan? i read ur post and it relates to my situation too. I ponder over these whispers too much but i cant seem to stop it! What thngs did u do to help urslf overcome this? i hope to hear from u soon inshaallah. jazakillah khair wassalaam
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Well ermm, when does this happen? Like in prayer or everytime? I used to have it real bad aswell...but it's gone slightly calm now Alhamdulillaah.

C'est Moi
08-10-2007, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Well ermm, when does this happen? Like in prayer or everytime? I used to have it real bad aswell...but it's gone slightly calm now Alhamdulillaah.
I get it both in and out of the prayer..how long have u had the whispers for? and how did u deal with it?

believer
08-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Regarding EVIL THOUGHTS...

quick question:

1. Do you know the right way of performing wudu? or are you performing one?

jzcasejz
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi
I get it both in and out of the prayer..how long have u had the whispers for? and how did u deal with it?
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Well ermm...I used to have it mainly during prayer but yeah..it happened to me all the time as well. Ermmm I managed to get over it by not giving it more attetnion than it needed i.e. getting too crazy over it.

I got rid of it by listening to lectures and book. If you can get hold of some books and read them, then you will find some relief in yourself and maybe that can boost the Eemaan? Books and audio lectures done the trick for me (such as descriptions of Paradise, description of the Grave and the Prophet's [SAW] biography...)

And ermm...I still have these whispers, but they've died down alot...so Alhamdulillaah. And ermm...you probably know this..but when a bad thought comes into your mind, try and make dhikr just so you can dispel these bad thought and InshaAllaah they'll disappear? I dunno, it proved to be effective for me. =]

And oh yeah, did you listen to the lecture I posted in this thread? The 'Satanic Whispers' lecture? That one's pretty good. And here's a PDF book aswell: Shataan's Whispers and It's Cure by Shaykh Uthaymeen (RH)

And if you got the time, listen to this one. It explains how Allaah (SWT) can forgive everything so never lose hope with these mere whispers.

O Allaah, Forgive Me!

It's just in 7 parts. An extremely good lecture. :thumbs_up
01 - Track 1.mp3
02 - Track 2.mp3
03 - Track 3.mp3
04 - Track 4.mp3
05 - Track 5.mp3
06 - Track 6.mp3
07 - Track 7.mp3

believer
08-10-2007, 03:01 PM
No one is immuned to Evil thoughts... especially if your iman is weak... but I have learned an easy trick to drive away these unwanted thoughts. I learned it from a Religious Muslim Arab.

Dust off your left shoulder with your right hand 3 times... excuse my english... but what I mean is - pretend to clean your left shoulder using your right hand with 3 strokes... only the fingers touching... this will immediately shoo the devil away. you can also sprinkle water or throw sand 3 times over your left shoulder... this is if water or clean sand is available.

The devils normally inputs these thoughts by whispering into our left ear. Once our imaan is stronger... more angels will surround us leaving no gap for the devil to enter.

don't take my word for it... try it.

May Allah increase your iman and increase your guardian angels...

jzcasejz
08-10-2007, 04:41 PM
^ Ah that reminds me. The one I heard was to look to your left and spit 3 times (not like spit large amounts, but little specks) and seek refuge by saying "A'oodhubillaah Himinash-Shaytaanir Rajeem". It was mentioned a few times in a lecture by Muhammad al-Shareef and also in the 'Satanic Whispers' lecture.

Humairah
08-10-2007, 05:12 PM

i found dhikr the most effective way to overcome this problem.

i went through this about a year ago. evil thoughts would just come to me during salah and then afterwards instead of doing more ibaadat i use to just sit on my prayer mat and cry and cry! i use to feel so horrible that i was capable of thinking these things.
my parents notice this and my dad took me to the mosque and made me speak to the iman. he pretty much gave me the advice mentioned on here which helped so much and it was so comforting to know that it was normal and that other people suffered from this and i wasn't alone. so yeah as soon as i became aware that these thoughts were just whispers from satan, i stopped dwelling on them and instead of stressing over them after prayer i would just do excessive dhikr and seriously in about a weeks time i was free from these thoughts. alhamdulillah.

COLOR]

SirDemonic
08-15-2007, 09:57 AM
I have evil thoughts
seriously i don't know what to do sometime it comes and goes
if it's normal thing how long will it take to go away?

anonymous
09-10-2007, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Well ermm...I used to have it mainly during prayer but yeah..it happened to me all the time as well. Ermmm I managed to get over it by not giving it more attetnion than it needed i.e. getting too crazy over it.

I got rid of it by listening to lectures and book. If you can get hold of some books and read them, then you will find some relief in yourself and maybe that can boost the Eemaan? Books and audio lectures done the trick for me (such as descriptions of Paradise, description of the Grave and the Prophet's [SAW] biography...)

And ermm...I still have these whispers, but they've died down alot...so Alhamdulillaah. And ermm...you probably know this..but when a bad thought comes into your mind, try and make dhikr just so you can dispel these bad thought and InshaAllaah they'll disappear? I dunno, it proved to be effective for me. =]

And oh yeah, did you listen to the lecture I posted in this thread? The 'Satanic Whispers' lecture? That one's pretty good. And here's a PDF book aswell: Shataan's Whispers and It's Cure by Shaykh Uthaymeen (RH)

And if you got the time, listen to this one. It explains how Allaah (SWT) can forgive everything so never lose hope with these mere whispers.
nice lecture. jazakallahu khair.
i really enjoyed the 3rd track, about despairing.

also, does anyone else who suffers from these whispers, when they go away, do you get worried that you have dome something big and bad? i do. when they go away, im like, oh oh what have i done.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.