/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrows?

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Salam,
I know we aren't allowed to pluck our brows, but can we wax or shave or bleach or laser remove or nair? Please provide specific evidence about the eyebrows. Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
08-20-2006, 10:26 AM
:sl:
Why would you want to get rid of eyebrows? they're cool! You can move 'em up 'n' down and signal with them!
:w:

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Why would you want to get rid of eyebrows? they're cool! You can move 'em up 'n' down and signal with them!
I don't want to completely remove them lol! Rather, I would like to shape them so I don't look like a man with bushy eyebrows.

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by c'est*moi
Salam,
I know we aren't allowed to pluck our brows, but can we wax or shave or bleach or laser remove or nair? Please provide specific evidence about the eyebrows. Thanks!
salam sis

the point is that you cant remove the hairs. so waxing, shaving and laser removal arent allowed. BUT im not sure about bleaching i think its is allowed but its a bit weird in my opinion

Question:
I understand that plucking the eybrows is prohibited in Islam. I have the following questions. 1) Can the eybrow hairs be trimmed? 2) Can the eybrow hairs be lightened in color (for example from brown to blond)?
Please provided daleel.
Assalamu Alaikum

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Namas is the word used to describe plucking the eyebrows. According to a saheeh hadeeth, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The woman who plucks facial hair and the woman who has this done are cursed.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).
Namas means plucking the hair, or it was said that it means plucking the facial hair. “The woman who plucks facial hair” is the woman who removes hair from her own face or the face of another woman. “The woman who has this done” refers to a woman who plucks hair from her own face or tells another woman to do this for her. Minmaas refers to tweezers, the tool used to remove a thorn. When a woman removes hair from her face, this can also be done by using a thread. This also includes thinning the eyebrows.
The fuqaha’ agreed that plucking the eyebrow hair is included in the removal of facial hair, which is forbidden because of the hadeeth: “Allaah has cursed the women who pluck their facial hair and the women who have this done.”
The majority of fuqaha’ said that removing facial hair other than the eyebrows is also included in Namas, and the fuqaha’ agreed that the prohibition on Namas in the hadeeth should be understood to mean that it is haraam.
Removing facial hair is also forbidden for men. (Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, part 14, Tanammus).
Al-Haytami said: as for removing some of the eyebrow hairs if they have grown long, I do not see anything wrong with this according to our companions, but it should be makrooh because it is changing the creation of Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted. Nothing concerning this was narrated so it should be makrooh. (Al-Fataawa al-Kubra by Ibn Hajar al-Haytami, part 4, Baab al-‘Aqeeqah).
If the eyebrows have grown so long that they are troublesome or causing harm such as preventing one from seeing properly, then the part that is causing the problem may be trimmed.
With regard to dyeing the eyebrows or a part of them with a blonde colour or a colour similar to that of the skin, there is nothing wrong with this, as was stated in a fatwa issued by our Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him and raise his status). He also stated in a fatwa that it is permissible to remove hair growing between the eyebrows because this is not part of them, but he stated that it is not permissible to trim the eyebrows if they are not troublesome or causing harm.

And Allaah knows best

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Source

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
08-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Also:

Question:
Some women go to beauticians who style their eyebrows by shaving or trimming their edges. What is the ruling on this?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaping the eyebrows by trimming, shaving or plucking their edges in order to appear beautiful, as is done by some women nowadays, is haraam because it involves changing the creation of Allaah and following the Shaytaan in his tempting of mankind to change the creation of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily! Allaah forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners in worship with Him, but He forgives whom He pleases sins other than that, and whoever sets up partners in worship with Allaah, has indeed strayed far away.

They (all those who worship others than Allaah) invoke nothing but female deities besides Him, and they invoke nothing but Shaytaan, a persistent rebel!

Allaah cursed him. And he [Shaytaan] said: ‘I will take an appointed portion of Your slaves;

Verily, I will mislead them, and surely, I will arouse in them false desires; and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allaah.’ And whoever takes Shaytaan as a wali (protector or helper) instead of Allaah, has surely suffered a manifest loss.”

[Al-Nisa’ 4:116-119]

In al-Saheeh, it was reported that Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Allaah has cursed the women who do tattoos and those who have this done, the women who pluck eyebrows and those who have this done, and the women who file their teeth and change the creation of Allaah.” Then he said: “Should I not curse those whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed, when it says in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, abstain (from it)…’ [al-Hashr 59:7]”

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/179
Source

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:33 AM
I get really confused when it says you can't do something because you are changing Allah's swt creation...but then wouldn't dying hair and ear piercing and gaining/losing weight also fall under that category?

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I get really confused when it says you can't do something because you are changing Allah's swt creation...but then wouldn't dying hair and ear piercing and gaining/losing weight also fall under that category?
lol i know its confusing but the thing is, dying the hair and peircing the ears are allowed becuase there is proof from the sunnah that it is allowed... and plucking the eyebrows inst allowed becuase there is proof from the sunnah that it is haram.

LiveIslam
08-20-2006, 10:41 AM
i use to pluck my eyebrows but i stopped when i found out it was harram you should be happy with your looks thats how allah created you

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:41 AM
^ But it doesn't say anything about other methods. Just like when it says to "trim the mustache" and so forth.

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LiveIslam
i use to pluck my eyebrows but i stopped when i found out it was harram you should be happy with your looks thats how allah created you
However, you are also supposed to look good for your spouse.

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 10:43 AM
BUT only in halal ways. theres no good in making your husband happy at the expense of making God angry at you. :)

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe I'll just bleach them, although I wish I could wax or laser remove them :(

LiveIslam
08-20-2006, 10:47 AM
yes this is true but we all knw that beauty fades away when u get old but its the iman people should go for and anyways even if he/she aint that attractive you might be attractive to their personality

LiveIslam
08-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Maybe I'll just bleach them, although I wish I could wax or laser remove them :(
waxing is the same as plucking coz ur still getting rid of hair i dnt knw about bleaching but u must ask a scolar b4 doing it

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:49 AM
yes this is true but we all knw that beauty fades away when u get old but its the iman people should go for and anyways even if he/she aint that attractive you might be attractive to their personality
I agree, but there needs to be a fair amount of physical attraction at any age...if not it's hard to do "things"

LiveIslam
08-20-2006, 10:55 AM
may this help inshallah

Plucking and dyeing the eyebrows

Question:
I understand that plucking the eybrows is prohibited in Islam. I have the following questions. 1) Can the eybrow hairs be trimmed? 2) Can the eybrow hairs be lightened in color (for example from brown to blond)?
Please provided daleel.
Assalamu Alaikum

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Namas is the word used to describe plucking the eyebrows. According to a saheeh hadeeth, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The woman who plucks facial hair and the woman who has this done are cursed.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).
Namas means plucking the hair, or it was said that it means plucking the facial hair. “The woman who plucks facial hair” is the woman who removes hair from her own face or the face of another woman. “The woman who has this done” refers to a woman who plucks hair from her own face or tells another woman to do this for her. Minmaas refers to tweezers, the tool used to remove a thorn. When a woman removes hair from her face, this can also be done by using a thread. This also includes thinning the eyebrows.
The fuqaha’ agreed that plucking the eyebrow hair is included in the removal of facial hair, which is forbidden because of the hadeeth: “Allaah has cursed the women who pluck their facial hair and the women who have this done.”
The majority of fuqaha’ said that removing facial hair other than the eyebrows is also included in Namas, and the fuqaha’ agreed that the prohibition on Namas in the hadeeth should be understood to mean that it is haraam.
Removing facial hair is also forbidden for men. (Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, part 14, Tanammus).
Al-Haytami said: as for removing some of the eyebrow hairs if they have grown long, I do not see anything wrong with this according to our companions, but it should be makrooh because it is changing the creation of Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted. Nothing concerning this was narrated so it should be makrooh. (Al-Fataawa al-Kubra by Ibn Hajar al-Haytami, part 4, Baab al-‘Aqeeqah).
If the eyebrows have grown so long that they are troublesome or causing harm such as preventing one from seeing properly, then the part that is causing the problem may be trimmed.
With regard to dyeing the eyebrows or a part of them with a blonde colour or a colour similar to that of the skin, there is nothing wrong with this, as was stated in a fatwa issued by our Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him and raise his status). He also stated in a fatwa that it is permissible to remove hair growing between the eyebrows because this is not part of them, but he stated that it is not permissible to trim the eyebrows if they are not troublesome or causing harm.

And Allaah knows best

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

LiveIslam
08-20-2006, 10:56 AM
I agree, but there needs to be a fair amount of physical attraction at any age...if not it's hard to do "things"
yes i agree with you im not saying they shud br scuffy and ugly coz allah does say to look after our looks

Vaseline
08-20-2006, 10:59 AM
I've read somewhere that if your eyebrows are like over over bushy [for eg. like John Howard's (as exaggerated in the cartoons)] then it's ok...only if they're so bushy in the whole area.

(human images removed)

Anyhow, I don't do anything to my eyebrows, but a shape is still formed where a majority of the hairs are [that is, the triangle archy shape] and there's just less hair underneath, which is still visible, but not worth plucking/waxing/bleaching/stringing :)

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 11:01 AM
what about using a brow gel to keep them together?

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 11:04 AM
waxing is the same as plucking coz ur still getting rid of hair i dnt knw about bleaching but u must ask a scolar b4 doing it
Bleaching may not remove hairs but it would still make them appear a different shape as the bleached hairs will not remain so visable anymore.
Some scholars are of the opinion that plucking is allowed for neatening the eyebrows but one mustn't pluck to the extent that it alters their appearance altogether e.g.thick heavy eyebrows end up like a pencil thin line.

LiveIslam
08-20-2006, 11:06 AM
"A woman may married for four reasons: for her property, for her rank, for her beauty, and for her religion (and character). So marry the one who is best in the religion and character and prosper". (Bukhari and Muslim)

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 11:08 AM
"A woman may married for four reasons: for her property, for her rank, for her beauty, and for her religion (and character). So marry the one who is best in the religion and character and prosper". (Bukhari and Muslim)
I definitely agree that deen comes first, but to have a sexual relationship with one's spouse, there does have to be some amount of physical attraction....especially for men. They are stimulated by visuals.

Vaseline
08-20-2006, 11:11 AM
what about using a brow gel to keep them together?
:-\ not sure, I think it's permissible so long they don't cause the hairs to fall out or anything. But I think it is a way of neatening your eyebrow without any physical malfunction, so I don't see anything wrong with it. But others may have a different opinion because I'm not positive with my view on this.

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vaseline
:-\ not sure, I think it's permissible so long they don't cause the hairs to fall out or anything. But I think it is a way of neatening your eyebrow without any physical malfunction, so I don't see anything wrong with it. But others may have a different opinion because I'm not positive with my view on this.
Yeah it's just a clear gel that helps to keep them together and create a shape... it doesn't cause hair to fall out.

Tania
08-20-2006, 11:23 AM
What you will do ? :-[

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
What you will do ? :-[
Who?

Tania
08-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Who?
you :-[. Will wax them only a little, you will use a gel or lightened to blond?

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Well, my eyebrows are relarively light compared to many others..(description removed) Still, the excess hairs bother me. I might try using a gel again..or idk.. LOL

Fatimab
08-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Another thing shaped eyebrows brings beauty to their faces.

LiveIslam
08-20-2006, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fatimab
Another thing shaped eyebrows brings beauty to their faces.

sameena
08-20-2006, 11:45 AM

reading all these , I just thought there whatever Allah gives us or forbades us to do ,none of them ,not even a single thing is lacking "hikmat".There is something in it for humanity ,something good and peaceful.........But I wonder why I never heard ,or why not much research is done on "plucking eye brows"...I am sure ,it will be having some adverse effects thats why its forbidden........!

lets wait and see what we hear about it in upcoming researches.
ok

Snowflake
08-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Facial hair is not part of Allah's creation in women. Conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome can cause facial hair to grow where it shouldn't.
Hormone imbalance caused by some conditions as well as the menopause can cause unsightly growth of facial and body hair in women.

There is no way that plucking facial hair in such circumstances is haraam. Common sense really.

Mujahidah4Allah
08-20-2006, 12:29 PM

but to pluck the facial hair is haram there's proof from hadith...

ma'salamah

Vaseline
08-20-2006, 12:31 PM
but what if you have hairs growing down from your chin, resembling a beard? Surely they are permissible to be removed because they resemble that of the opposite gender....as for moustaches for the ladies, they can always be bleached ;)

strider
08-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal

but to pluck the facial hair is haram there's proof from hadith...

ma'salamah
Not all facial hair. Removal of the unibrow and upper lip hair via plucking/waxing/threading/laser treatment/whatever for a woman, is permitted. It is also permitted to neaten the eyebrow though not to shape them.

Oh, and about bleach. Some bleaches have substances which repel water, right? Just like many chemical hair dyes? If so, using them wouldn't be recommended as wudhu and ghusal will not be valid.

Mujahidah4Allah
08-20-2006, 12:37 PM

i herd like the tash and beard of a woman [lol] can be removed... not sure though best someone replies who knws...

ma'salamah

strider
08-20-2006, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal

i herd like the tash and beard of a woman [lol] can be removed... not sure though best someone replies who knws...

ma'salamah
Yes, those can be removed because they are attributes of men, not women.

- Qatada -
08-20-2006, 01:25 PM
:salamext:

Question

I know that plucking the eyebrows is haram and removing facial hair is also but that we can remove hair above the lip and in between the eyebrows. What about the hair that comes between the hair line and the eyebrows down to the eyebrow?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

With regard to removing hair or not removing it, the scholars divide hair into three categories:

1 – Hair which we are commanded to remove or shorten. This is known as Sunan al-Fitrah, such as removing the pubic hairs, trimming the moustache and plucking the armpit hairs. That also includes shaving or cutting the hair of the head during Hajj or ‘Umrah.

The evidence for that is the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Ten (actions) are part of the fitrah [natural inclinations of man]: trimming the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the siwaak (tooth-stick), rinsing the nose with water, clipping the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the armpit hairs, shaving the pubes and washing oneself with water after relieving oneself.”

Zakariyya said: Mus’ab said: And I forgot the tenth but it may have been rinsing the mouth with water.

Narrated by Muslim, 261

2 – Hair which we are forbidden to remove, which includes the eyebrows. The action of removing the hair of the eyebrows is called al-namas. It is also forbidden to remove the hair of the beard.

The evidence for that is the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah has cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah), and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5931; Muslim, 2125)

And it was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5892; Muslim, 259)

al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The naamisah is the woman who removes hair from the face and the mutanammisah is the one who asks to have that done. This action is haraam, unless a woman develops a beard or moustache, in which case it is not haraam to remove it, rather that is mustahabb in our view.

Sharh al-Nawawi li Saheeh Muslim, 14/106

3 – Hair concerning which the texts are silent and do not say whether it is to be removed or left as it is, such as hair on the legs, hands, cheeks or forehead.

There is some difference of scholarly opinion concerning this.

Some said that it is not permissible to remove it, because removing it implies changing the creation of Allaah, as Allaah tells us that the Shaytaan said:

“ ‘and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allaah’”[al-Nisa’ 4:119 – interpretation of the meaning]

Some said that this is one of the things concerning which nothing was said, so the ruling is that it is allowed. It is permissible to leave it or to remove it, because whatever is not mentioned in the Qur’aan or Sunnah is permissible.

This was the view favoured by the scholars of the Standing Committee and by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen. See Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 3/879

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah:

(a) There is no sin on a woman if she removes hair on her upper lip, thighs, calves and arms. This is not part of the tanammus (plucking) that is forbidden.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194, 195)

(b) The Committee was asked:

What is the Islamic ruling on plucking the hair between the eyebrows?

They replied:

It is permissible to pluck it, because it is not part of the eyebrows.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/197)

The Standing Committee was asked:

What is the ruling on a woman removing hair from her body?

They replied:

It is permissible for her to do that, apart from the hair of the eyebrows and head. It is not permissible for her to remove the hair of her head or to remove any part of the eyebrows, whether by shaving or any other means.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194

We should comment on the questioner’s words “I know that plucking the eyebrows is haraam and removing facial hair is also.”

As for plucking the eyebrows, this is haraam and is a major sin, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed those who do it.

But as for removing facial hair, there is a difference of opinion among the scholars as to whether it is permissible to remove it. This is based on their various understandings of the word al-namas.

Some scholars said that al-namas means removing any facial hair, and they did not limit it to the eyebrows. Others were of the view that al-namas refers to removing the hair of the eyebrows only. This was the view favoured by the Standing Committee as is clear from the fatwas quoted above.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah:

Al-namas means plucking the hair of the eyebrows, which is not permissible because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah).

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/195

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

:wasalamex

Kittygyal
08-20-2006, 01:29 PM
salam.
Ya Allah forgave me i do mine but then i was a charistain i did not know :(
so would Allah forgave me?
w.salam

- Qatada -
08-20-2006, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
Ya Allah forgave me i do mine but then i was a charistain i did not know :(
so would Allah forgave me?
w.salam

wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

“Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam) before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped.

And follow the best of that which is sent down to you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur’aan, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not!’”

[al-Zumar 39:53-54 – interpretation of the meaning]

You should give it up insha'Allaah, and ask Allaah Almighty for forgiveness insha'Allaah.

Remember that if you give up something for the sake of pleasing Allaah, Allaah will replace you with something better if you stay patient and keep your faith in Allaah.

Kittygyal
08-20-2006, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

“Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam) before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped.

And follow the best of that which is sent down to you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur’aan, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not!’”

[al-Zumar 39:53-54 – interpretation of the meaning]

You should give it up insha'Allaah, and ask Allaah Almighty for forgiveness insha'Allaah.

Remember that if you give up something for the sake of pleasing Allaah, Allaah will replace you with something better if you stay patient and keep your faith in Allaah.
salam.
jazakallah brother for this, but if i stop now then they will go like bushy :cry:
w.salam

- Qatada -
08-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Asalamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah), and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.”

Allaah curses the woman who does it, so it's better off if you give it up.

“And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty)” [al-Talaaq 65:2 – interpretation of the meaning].

That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you: and if any one fears Allah, He will remove his ills, from him, and will enlarge his reward.

[al-Talaaq 65:5 – interpretation of the meaning]

If you obey Allaah, Allaah will make a way out for you and they may become better than you expected insha'Allaah.

Kittygyal
08-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Asalamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah), and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.”

Allaah curses the woman who does it, so it's better off if you give it up.

“And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty)” [al-Talaaq 65:2 – interpretation of the meaning].

That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you: and if any one fears Allah, He will remove his ills, from him, and will enlarge his reward.

[al-Talaaq 65:5 – interpretation of the meaning]

If you obey Allaah, Allaah will make a way out for you and they may become better than you expected insha'Allaah.
salam.
jazakallah "bro" for that, and also i do obey Allah so i will "try" to stop inshallah.
w.salam

Mujahidah4Allah
08-20-2006, 02:19 PM

kitty he's a bro not sis :p and jazakAllah khair bro for all that info :) good info :peace:

ma'salamah

Kittygyal
08-20-2006, 02:27 PM
salam.
sowiee brother.
w.salam

Mujahidah4Allah
08-20-2006, 02:29 PM

inshaallah for those sisters who find it hard just stop bit by bit Allah [swt] will help you if you stop for His sake :)

ma'salamah

- Qatada -
08-20-2006, 03:15 PM

Anyone who thinks their eyebrows will get bushy if you let them grow - try the following:

- Get your thumb and your index finger. (position them in a way, for example when you want to take a pinch of salt.)

- Then hold the hair of your eyebrows (with the thumb and index finger) [starting from the side of the eyebrow which is closer to the nose]

- Straighten that hair by sliding your thumb and finger to the other side of the eyebrow.

If you keep doing this, especially when you wash your face. Then the eyebrows will turn into a better shape insha'Allaah, and naturally they won't look bushy insha'Allaah.

This way you can feel happy that you're not disobeying Allaah Almighty, and you can feel happy that they don't seem bushy no more. And remember that if you stop (plucking etc.) sincerely to please Allaah, then things will turn out better than you expected insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Kittygyal
08-20-2006, 10:43 PM

Anyone who thinks their eyebrows will get bushy if you let them grow - try the following:

- Get your thumb and your index finger. (position them in a way, for example when you want to take a pinch of salt.)

- Then hold the hair of your eyebrows (with the thumb and index finger) [starting from the side of the eyebrow which is closer to the nose]

- Straighten that hair by sliding your thumb and finger to the other side of the eyebrow.

If you keep doing this, especially when you wash your face. Then the eyebrows will turn into a better shape insha'Allaah, and naturally they won't look bushy insha'Allaah.

This way you can feel happy that you're not disobeying Allaah Almighty, and you can feel happy that they don't seem bushy no more. And remember that if you stop (plucking etc.) sincerely to please Allaah, then things will turn out better than you expected insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

salam.
jazakallah brother, inshallah i will "try" my best.
w.salam

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Just use brow gel..it works much better and will keep them in place for as long as the gel is in! Also having correctly shaped brows for your face makes a woman look much younger and makes the eye appear larger.

muslimah_here
08-24-2006, 04:13 PM
hMMM!!! some scholars say dont, while others say its ok. there are many matters like this which are not agreed upon, but a women has the right to beautify herself for her husband, just making ur eyebrows look neat (some ppl do have excessive hair problem unfortunately) or trimming ur hair, mustache, ear piercing comes under maintainence, changing ALLAhs' creation would be doing palstic surgery or chaning yor gender etc.

we shoudnt judge each other on these minor issues. the more we indulge in these minor issues the more we would make it diffcult for muslims to unite, irght now we need to unite on a common grounds, one way shaitan messes up with our brains i by making us quarrel on petty issuesso that we forget the main issues we need to deal with.

ALLAH knows best.

FI-AMANALLAH

- Qatada -
08-24-2006, 04:20 PM

The evidence for that is the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah has cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah), and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.”

From the proof in the hadith above - it's forbidden for a person to pluck their eyebrows.

But:

Removing hair between the eyebrows

Question:

What is the Islamic ruling concerning the removal of hair from between the eyebrows?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permitted to remove this hair, because it is not part of the eyebrows

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/197)

syedanoor
08-27-2006, 04:45 AM
this topic has been risen on a different forum as well for which i did a bit of researching

my conclusion was that it is okay to remove hairs that are in between your eyebrows (only for a woman) since hair growing in between them would make a woman look masculine but any hairs other than that is haraam

Among the extremes of beautification prohibited by Islam is al-nams, which denotes removing the hair of the eyebrows by plucking in order to thin or shape them. The Prophet (peace be on him) cursed both the women who do the plucking and those who seek to have it done. (Narrated by Abu Daoud on good authority.) This practice is particularly frowned upon because it is customarily done by prostitutes.

According to some Hanbali scholars, if the husband approves it, the removal of facial hair (other than that of the eyebrows) and the use of powder, creams, and other beauty aids are permitted to women, as this is part of feminine adornment. Al-Nawawi is somewhat more strict, considering the removal of facial hair to be al-nams and hence forbidden. In contrast to his opinion, we may, however, mention Abu Daud's statement in his Sunan that "al-nams is plucking the eyebrows in order to thin them," from which we may conclude that al-nams does not include the removal of facial hair.

Al-Tabari reports a narrative concerning the wife of Abu Ishaq, who loved to beautify herself. Once she visited 'Aisha and asked, "What if a woman removes the hair from her forehead to please her husband?" 'Aisha replied, "Remove what is harmful from yourselves whenever possible."(Fath al-Bari, under the explanation of the hadith by Ibn Mas'ood in the chapter entitled "Pluckers of Eyebrows," in the book Clothing.)

-The Lawful and Prohibited in Islam
By: Yusuf Al-Qaradawi

noorseeker
05-05-2009, 07:00 AM
this subject has been on my mind, this thread is a few years old

but just wanted to know what sisters on present day
l.I think of it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.