/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mathematical proof that angels travel at the speed of light (in relation to Quran)

QuranStudy
08-20-2006, 04:56 PM
http://www.speed-light.info/angels_speed_of_light.htm

Please tell me what you thing. I find it miraculous! Is there any error in this observation?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
08-20-2006, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
http://www.speed-light.info/angels_speed_of_light.htm

Please tell me what you thing. I find it miraculous! Is there any error in this observation?

Thanks.
:sl:
Somebody proved that this is a fraud.
:w:

QuranStudy
08-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Any source please?

Thanks.

Fishman
08-20-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Any source please?

Thanks.
Well, to know the speed of something, you have to do distance divided by time. We know how long it takes affairs to reach the throne, that is, 50000 years in one day. But we do not know how far away the throne is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Well, to know the speed of something, you have to do distance divided by time. We know how long it takes affairs to reach the throne, that is, 50000 years in one day. But we do not know how far away the throne is.
Actually they don't need that.
the claim on this side from wich the base the theory upon is:
It was stated in the Quran that angels travel in one day the same distance that the moon travels in 1000 lunar years
We know exactly the speed of the moon. So we can calculate the distance that the moon travels in 1000 lunar years. We call this distance X.
Then the angels would move at speed of: X/day
The problem however is, the verse in the qur'an doesn't say: Angels travel in one day the same distance as the moon travels in 1000 lunar years.

They derive this from teh qur'an as such:
Since this verse is referring to distance, then Allah is saying that angels travel in one day the same distance that the moon travels in 12000 lunar orbits.
first of all the verse isn't refering to a distance but to a speed, and even if it would refer to a speed, that still doesn't explain why one would change the mentioned time into an unmentioned distance.
Calculations are pretty impressive nevertheless.

Vishnu
08-22-2006, 04:29 PM
I read that this has been proven wrong. I'll try and find the article.

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-22-2006, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
format_quote Originally Posted by Vishnu
I read that this has been proven wrong. I'll try and find the article.
Actually the argument against it essentially complained of ambiguity of the verses and asked why more precise numbers were not stated like 1023 instead of 1000. The point of course is that the Qur'an could have simply replaced its opening chapter with a list of mathematical constants, but that has nothing to do with its purpose of revelation. The Qur'an is a book of guidance for human beings.

Muhammad
08-23-2006, 10:46 AM

Also see for more details: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...eed-light.html

Trumble
08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Very interesting article. I guess if there are angels, the speed of light would be the 'logical' one for them to travel at.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
The point of course is that the Qur'an could have simply replaced its opening chapter with a list of mathematical constants, but that has nothing to do with its purpose of revelation. The Qur'an is a book of guidance for human beings.
True, but think how many more muslims there would be if the Qu'ran HAD had such a first chapter! At that point, it would become very difficult to hold up any sort of argument against the Qu'ran being the Word of God... and I say that as a non-muslim.

Abdul Fattah
08-23-2006, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
True, but think how many more muslims there would be if the Qu'ran HAD had such a first chapter! At that point, it would become very difficult to hold up any sort of argument against the Qu'ran being the Word of God... and I say that as a non-muslim.
True, but would Islam still be a "belief"? Does knowing equal believing? I think if we were put here to be tested, then making religious obvious would defeat the purpose of test.

Zone Maker
08-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Who knows how fast angels are?
I mean the light that Allah created them from might be different from that we know.
Anyway is it true that angels are strong enough to destroy earth with a single blow.:?

KAding
08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Actually the argument against it essentially complained of ambiguity of the verses and asked why more precise numbers were not stated like 1023 instead of 1000. The point of course is that the Qur'an could have simply replaced its opening chapter with a list of mathematical constants, but that has nothing to do with its purpose of revelation. The Qur'an is a book of guidance for human beings.

I thought it was more than just the ambiguity. Another problem is that the orbit of the moon is not circular, but rather an elipse? Also, the orbit has changed slightly over the last 1400 years, which orbit do we use in the calculations?

For those who want to read a so-called rebuttal:
http://www.geocities.com/indo_faith/...Science002.htm

It's all a bit beyond me I must say :?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.