/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UK arms 'found in Hezbollah bunker'

AvarAllahNoor
08-21-2006, 09:16 AM
UK arms 'found in Hezbollah bunker'Aug 21 2006

Israeli forces have discovered equipment they believe to be British in Hezbollah command bunkers in southern Lebanon.

The Foreign Office is trying to establish who manufactured the night-vision equipment and how it ended up in the hands of the guerrillas.

A spokesman said: "The Israeli Defence Forces have confirmed to us that they have found some night vision equipment, which they believe to be British, in southern Lebanon.

"We are seeking further details of the equipment to investigate whether it is British and, if so, by whom it was made and to whom it was sold."

There was nothing to suggest they were part of a batch sold by Britain to Iran in 2003 under a special export licence, a source said.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-21-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
UK arms 'found in Hezbollah bunker'Aug 21 2006

Israeli forces have discovered equipment they believe to be British in Hezbollah command bunkers in southern Lebanon.

The Foreign Office is trying to establish who manufactured the night-vision equipment and how it ended up in the hands of the guerrillas.

A spokesman said: "The Israeli Defence Forces have confirmed to us that they have found some night vision equipment, which they believe to be British, in southern Lebanon.

"We are seeking further details of the equipment to investigate whether it is British and, if so, by whom it was made and to whom it was sold."

There was nothing to suggest they were part of a batch sold by Britain to Iran in 2003 under a special export licence, a source said.
That should not be any surprise. For all practical purposes any military equipment is going to have been manufactured in the USA, UK, Russia or China. Much of the surplus is sold legaly on the open market. The British night vision stuff is sold here in the USA openly as Hunting equipment. Although the sale of militery firearms has now been restricted here in the US that has only been recent. When I was still living on the farm I had an AK47 that I had openly and legaly bought from a local sporting goods store. I am certain that in many countries lots of surplus military arms are sold legaly. They are all readly available.

Seems odd that so many much military equipment is produced in such large quantities that there is always a large surplus available to who ever has the money.

War and threat of war is very profitable to munitions manufacturers.

al-fateh
08-21-2006, 05:03 PM
there are even American made weapons in the market

a prophitable business worht billions of dollars for all manufacturing company...

watch Lord of War

you wont be surprised if u see what it is really about

therebbe
08-21-2006, 05:31 PM
I still wonder why Russia made so many "AK-47's" I mean it is ridiculous how many of these 'ressiatnce forces' all over Africa and the Middle East are fully armed with Soviet equipment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MyIslamWeb.com
there are even American made weapons in the market

a prophitable business worht billions of dollars for all manufacturing company...

watch Lord of War

you wont be surprised if u see what it is really about
I haven't seen "Lord of War" but just guessing based on the title. It is going to have to do with why there are people who will do their best to promote war among nations. Very profitable to keep countries distrustfull of each other.

In another thread I posted about how the profits from the weapons used by both Israel and Hizbullah is all going to the same people. They do not want any peace between Israel and Palestine. This is the biggest money maker of all times. a sure way to get rich today is to invest heavily in munition plants. Both sides will be buying from you.

I wonder if any of the people in Israel and Palestine have ever sat back and thought "Somebody in a safe secure location is getting rich over this" Both Israel and Palestine are being played as puppets to promote the wealth of an industry that thinks they are both fools. They don't care If Israel buys the Munitions or if Palestine does. Just as long as somebody is buying. It is even more profitable that both are buying.

al-fateh
08-21-2006, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
I still wonder why Russia made so many "AK-47's" I mean it is ridiculous how many of these 'ressiatnce forces' all over Africa and the Middle East are fully armed with Soviet equipment.

Stinger missles also

:)

therebbe
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Stinger missles also

Oh yeah. Those are always common. lol.

Any two bit Militia has those now days. :)

Woodrow
08-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Stinger missles also

Yep, fantastic market for munitions. Not to mention only Nations as customers also think of organised crime, that is also a very good customer to the arms manufacturer and then we have the private "Lunatic" fringe groups, they are excellent customers. Not only do they buy a lot, they destroy it in the process of using it and then need to get replacements.

If Shaitan were to decide to become the CEO of a major industry, this is an industry that would be ideal for him. Business is on the upswing and profits are beyond expectations. At this rate even the office janitor will soon be making more money then Bill Gates.

Trumble
08-21-2006, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
I still wonder why Russia made so many "AK-47's"
People paid for them. The arms sector was the strongest part of the Soviet economy. A lot were issued to "allies" for political purposes too, especially when the conflict concerned was a Cold War proxy of some sort.

Stinger missiles are American, not Russian. The reason there are so many of those about is, a little ironically, the willingness of the Americans to give them in vast quantities to the Muhajadeen in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets.

The reason there has been a bit of a stink about the night-vision goggles is that it is suspected (but unproven) they may have been part of a quantity sold to Iran for the purposes of anti drug trafficing operations.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.