/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lebanese Villagers Hostage to Israeli Troops

sonz
08-21-2006, 06:13 PM
BEIT LIF, Lebanon — A week after a UN-brokered truce ended a month-long onslaught and thousands of Israeli troops withdrew from south Lebanon, residents some borders villages remain hostage of Israeli soldiers.

"They were hiding behind the olive groves and the trees of this hill," Zeinab Ali Merei of the tiny border village of Beit Lif old Agence France-Presse (AFP) on Monday, August 21.

An AFP correspondent said that Israeli troops were still occupying at least nine parts of Lebanon close to the border.

More than 250 Israeli troops, backed by about 30 armored vehicles, were seen at the nine positions.

Zeinab said her son was abducted by Israeli soldiers when he attempted to look for his sheep.

"Abdallah was behind this water tower... and found himself nose to nose with an armed soldier who immediately seized him," she said.

When young men went to ask the Israeli soldiers to release Abdallah, 22, the reply came in Arabic: "Get away from here," the mother said they were told.

Houses Occupied

Israeli soldiers also occupy houses in the area to bolster their positions in southern Lebanon and have repeatedly assaulted villagers.

"They broke everything here," said Sayed, whose house was occupied by the Israeli forces as he showed a wooden inlaid wardrobe reduced to its planks.

The clothes are on the ground, surrounded by canned Israeli food and bottled water.

"They broke down the doors and defecated in the kitchen," cried his mother.

"Now they are just above us. I saw about 50 of them yesterday evening on the edge of the hill" she said of the area several meters from a post of the UN Interim Force in Lebanon, manned by soldiers from Ghana.

East at Maroun al-Ras, at least one house remained in the hands of Israeli soldiers, AFP witnessed.

"I was there with my wife and children," said Mohammed Fares, noting that Israeli soldiers fired two warning shots.

"And it's my house that they're occupying," he lamented.

A five-week Israeli came to a halt on Monday, August 14, under UN Security Council resolution 1701.

The resolution calls for an end to hostilities, an Israeli withdrawal from south Lebanon, and deployment of Lebanese troops aided by a strengthened UNIFIL.

UN envoy Terje Roed-Larsen said on Monday, August 21, that the truce could easily collapse again into "an abyss of violence and bloodshed" if the resolution was violated.

He was speaking a day after an Israeli commando operation in eastern Lebanon, in which an Israeli officer was killed and two others wounded.

No Entry

Lebanese villagers were also barred by Israeli forces from reaching their fields in the area.

One resident, Khadigea Baddah, was unable to reach her tobacco field to harvest the leaves because "soldiers insulted her in Arabic," forcing her to flee, said her neighbor Mustapha el-Sayed.

Now, no Lebanese villagers dare to venture into the fields anymore because of the presence of the Israeli soldiers.

"We always lived on our harvest of olives, tobacco, fruits and vegetables with our goats, because to work in Tyre is too expensive," Um Ali said, referring to a main coastal city about 40 kilometers away to the west.

"And here we are again plunged into misery."

http://islamonline.net/English/News/2006-08/21/06.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Salaam,

They should inform Hezbollaha nd these Isrelais in Lebanese territory should be captured or killed for invading another land.

Inshallah,as the Isrelais can continue to bomb and kill while syaing the TRUCE STILL HOLD....

It will be like Palestine again.And i am sure some hyprocrites will be happy to see it that way.
The Hezbollah gone,the only face of defence gone,and to depend ona goverment that cna do nothing but just CRY on television to implore for aid from the west when they have their own arms and feet.

But they fear to upset their western masters.

wilberhum
08-21-2006, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

They should inform Hezbollaha nd these Isrelais in Lebanese territory should be captured or killed for invading another land.

Inshallah,as the Isrelais can continue to bomb and kill while syaing the TRUCE STILL HOLD....

It will be like Palestine again.And i am sure some hyprocrites will be happy to see it that way.
The Hezbollah gone,the only face of defence gone,and to depend ona goverment that cna do nothing but just CRY on television to implore for aid from the west when they have their own arms and feet.

But they fear to upset their western masters.
Since Hezbollah is sooooooooooooooooooo wonderful and the government "that cna do nothing but just CRY on television to implore for aid from the west", why doesn't Hezbollah overthrow the goverment and make all things great?

Zulkiflim
08-22-2006, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Since Hezbollah is sooooooooooooooooooo wonderful and the government "that cna do nothing but just CRY on television to implore for aid from the west", why doesn't Hezbollah overthrow the goverment and make all things great?

Salaam,

Hezbollah is the mian force of the INDEPENDACE of the Lebanese not its usurption..

The Lebanese people realise that their so called goveremnt are too enaumoured and restricted by the western agenda.

Their hand and legs are tied as is their spirits.they say they represtn the Leabnese but talk and talk to the westerner WHO WILL NOT AID THEM when their poeple are bing killed.

For SEP 11,the US attacked and murdered more than 200 000 human being men womena dn children for the loss of 4000 ..

---

So Inshallah,may Hezbollah BE the NATION ..Inshallah..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
08-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I should have realized that it is all the West's fault. How could I ever expect that there is any problem created by the ME. It must be a nice world where you can find someone else to blame every thing on.
Also, I have seen enough of your hate/bigot posts, so I will not respond to anything you say.

Trumble
08-22-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
The Hezbollah gone,the only face of defence gone
With Hezbollah gone they wouldn't NEED any "defence".

Keltoi
08-22-2006, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
With Hezbollah gone they wouldn't NEED any "defence".
That is a really good point. If Hezbollah didn't exist in Lebanon, there never would have been military action against them. Either you want Lebanon to be a sovereign government living in peace, or you want a Lebanon with a large militia that the government there has no control over. Hezbollah isn't a "resistance" force any longer.

Omer21
08-22-2006, 08:34 PM
If Israel didn't kidnap people in lebanon and attack on will by air or artillary then there would be no need for Hizbullah! If Israel leaves the area or lebanon and occupied terrorities than Hizbullah would have no purpose to exist.

wilberhum
08-22-2006, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omer21
If Israel didn't kidnap people in lebanon and attack on will by air or artillary then there would be no need for Hizbullah! If Israel leaves the area or lebanon and occupied terrorities than Hizbullah would have no purpose to exist.
They would still have the stated purpose of the distruction of Israel.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.