/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bush: Iraq pullout would be 'disaster'

al-fateh
08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Bush: Iraq pullout would be 'disaster'
President Bush on Monday said there would be no quick U.S. exit from Iraq despite talk of civil war during times that are "straining the psyche of our country." "If we ever give up the desire to help people who want to live in a free society, we will have lost our soul as a nation," Bush said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/21/bush/index.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
08-21-2006, 07:40 PM
:sl:

Do you have the full news report along with the source? Jazaakallah khayr brother.

Keltoi
08-21-2006, 07:40 PM
The unstated truth behind the U.S. not pulling out of Iraq is the belief that by leaving Iraq the terrorist element will see that as a "victory" against the United States. The same as Israel leaving Lebanon.

al-fateh
08-21-2006, 07:42 PM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
QuranStudy
08-21-2006, 07:47 PM
He is right though. If the US leaves now, Iraq will be messed up.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-21-2006, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
He is right though. If the US leaves now, Iraq will be messed up.
isn't it messed up atthe moment?

QuranStudy
08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
isn't it messed up atthe moment?
Of course it is. But just imagine the condition if the US troops left.

Rou
08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MyIslamWeb.com
Bush: Iraq pullout would be 'disaster'
President Bush on Monday said there would be no quick U.S. exit from Iraq despite talk of civil war during times that are "straining the psyche of our country." "If we ever give up the desire to help people who want to live in a free society, we will have lost our soul as a nation," Bush said.

for god sake he has been saying this crap for so many **** years now!???

lets get this straight if pulling out would be sooooo bad then so be it !!

i mean hell things are not so great now in iraq!!!!!

there worse cival crap going on now than ever more peeps suffering now than in the times of saddam cival unrest means death on a daily basis!

saddam was a punk but bush is his daddy when it comes to being a punk!!

therebbe
08-21-2006, 08:49 PM
there worse cival crap going on now than ever more peeps suffering now than in the times of saddam cival unrest means death on a daily basis!
I wonder if you could say that to the faces of the thousands of kurds gased and then buried in mass graves by Saddam.

Fishman
08-21-2006, 08:55 PM
:sl:
Bush putting troops into Iraq was like stabbing someone in the chest. The knife shouldn't be put in, but once it is in pulling it out before everything is sorted by the doctors is going to make things much worse. Going to war with Iraq was wrong, but the country will be much worse off if the troops come home now. Before withdrawal of American troops, the sectarian problems need to be sorted out, and order needs to resume. If the troops return too soon, the country will destablise completely.

US troops also need to be disiplined harshly as well, the terrorism in Iraq will just go on if more civilians are murdered by Americans.
:w:

Dahir
08-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Iraq pullout would be 'disaster'
Despite what many may think, its a good sign of solidarity to stay.

Two "Vietnam" situations for the US would be a terrible sign of decline. In all honesty, the US won't leave until civil war begins.

Think about it; two Shia powerhouses next to each other, OUCH!

*that would be Iran and Iraq*

therebbe
08-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Think about it; two Shia powerhouses next to each other, OUCH!
With Sunni countries all around. :)

Zulkiflim
08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Salaam,

THe west say that if they leave then Iraq will be messed up..

When asked do you think that the Iraqis will create civil discord?

They wont asnwer.

Do they think the Iraqis are not able to goveren themselves?

They wont asnwer..

What they know is that if they leave NOW,they will be hated.

They will create a new generation of Iraqis for decades who will hate US.

They will hate the US backed goverement,anything to do with the US,thus a defeat of the US.

And thus Isreal is not safe.

The Iraqis can be relied to take care of themselves,those people who keep syaing that Iraq will be messed up is mistaken,

Iraq is messed up DUE to the US.

therebbe
08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
The funny thing is that I knew once I saw that you replied to this thread Zulkiflim, that Israel would be mentioned. Heck, I am sure that Israel would be mentioned if you replied to a post about the Indonesian flood disasters. My conclusion.... your obsessed and quite off topic. :p

wilberhum
08-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Iraq is messed up DUE to the US.
That’s a very true statement. I don’t know how we could have done it any worse. Even the thought of invasion was wrong.
But we don’t get to turn back the clock.
Given today’s environment, who do you wanted to run the government? Would you pick the men that killed around 20 people and wounded hundreds for marching in a religious parade? Do you want the radical Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr? Do you want the criminals who go around kidnapping for ransom? Who will be able to get the country on the right track? The People? They don’t seam to be able to do it with help, how are they going to do it by themselves?

As mush as I disagree with Bush, on this one he is right.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-21-2006, 10:52 PM
On what has Bush ever been wrong for you?

What do you suggest the coalition forces do for a fairlytale ending to Iraq trouble?? because it doesn't seem to be working at the moment

wilberhum
08-21-2006, 11:12 PM
On what has Bush ever been wrong for you?
That’s a long list. Illegal immigration, blind support of Israel, every thing about Iraq, and globalization policies, just for starters. I have never been so repulsed by any president as I have been by Bush.

What do you suggest the coalition forces do for a fairlytale ending to Iraq trouble?
Fairy Tale endings are out. It is far too late for that. We have always been short of troops there. We started out with less that half that was needed.
Now when a hot spot starts up, they leave an old hot spot to go to the new one. Then the old hot spot becomes the next hot spot. There are not enough troops to keep the peace. The problem is not the true insurgents that are fighting foreign domination; it is all the criminal activity that has become profitable because of lack of stability and sectarian valance that can occur because nothing is under control.

Zulkiflim
08-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Salaam,

As always peace is dictated by western term..

Democracy is dictated by western term..

And now the west say wihout them Iraq would be in chaos..
They refuse to see that iraq is in chaso BECASUE OF THEM...

As many article say that the US always want to be right but never want to take the resposibility of it action.
it uses rhetoric and word to mask failures instead of meeting accountability.

Inshallah,they will learn slowly but surely.
They and their leaders and the hyprocrites in the Ummah who support the murder of muslims will be held accountable..

As will all of mankind.

So the Ummah fear Allah and fear the day of Judgement..
Do what is right...do not do what is wrong.

Keltoi
08-22-2006, 03:20 AM
On a more cynical view, I believe another factor for a fairly large U.S. presence in Iraq is due to Iran. Not that any U.S. forces currently in Iraq would ever be used for some kind of "invasion", but more as a simple reminder of U.S. presence right in Iran's backyard.
The U.S. military is not a police force, and that is what is required in Iraq at the moment. Many of these soldiers are still in a kill or be killed mindset, and that is not good for any kind of security or peace-keeping role. Unfortunately, there will be no international presence in Iraq, so it is either the U.S. playing security force or the U.S. leaving and watching Iraq slide into sectarian violence and probably an all out civil war.

Zulkiflim
08-22-2006, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
On a more cynical view, I believe another factor for a fairly large U.S. presence in Iraq is due to Iran. Not that any U.S. forces currently in Iraq would ever be used for some kind of "invasion", but more as a simple reminder of U.S. presence right in Iran's backyard.
The U.S. military is not a police force, and that is what is required in Iraq at the moment. Many of these soldiers are still in a kill or be killed mindset, and that is not good for any kind of security or peace-keeping role. Unfortunately, there will be no international presence in Iraq, so it is either the U.S. playing security force or the U.S. leaving and watching Iraq slide into sectarian violence and probably an all out civil war.

Salaam,

The US sees fear at every turna nd see enmies at every corner.

As surely as once saddam was it close allies,surely will one day Saudi and Canada will be its enemies in the future.

The US has siad time and time again..

US INTEREST
US INTEREST
US INTEREST..

Anything else dont matter,as long as US reamain inviolate.

But many in the Ummah do not realise that the US does things,war murder,support for regime,,and so on..it is all for their OWN INTEREST.

They would supply weapons to Saddam with WMD to murder his own,people,supply warlord in Afghan and Somalia with Weapons to fight anyone that is detrimental to US hegemony...

Vishnu
08-22-2006, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

The US sees fear at every turna nd see enmies at every corner.

As surely as once saddam was it close allies,surely will one day Saudi and Canada will be its enemies in the future.

The US has siad time and time again..

US INTEREST
US INTEREST
US INTEREST..

Anything else dont matter,as long as US reamain inviolate.

But many in the Ummah do not realise that the US does things,war murder,support for regime,,and so on..it is all for their OWN INTEREST.

They would supply weapons to Saddam with WMD to murder his own,people,supply warlord in Afghan and Somalia with Weapons to fight anyone that is detrimental to US hegemony...
Let me ask you. For you it is all Islam's interest, correct? So are you any different than the United States?

Rou
08-22-2006, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
I wonder if you could say that to the faces of the thousands of kurds gased and then buried in mass graves by Saddam.
??? who again are you teaching go and look at the faces of the women raped and the children killed in the bombing of baghdad and the cival rubbish going on today!!

i find no pleasure in seeing any of my brothers or sisters suffer...

with saddam the past and present of iraq were under threat!

with the USA the future of my people is under threat...

go figure...

Rou
08-22-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vishnu
Let me ask you. For you it is all Islam's interest, correct? So are you any different than the United States?
??? islam is his religon not his policy?

he is prescribed to follow his religon on the other hand the intrests of ones greed and clear poisoning of democracy is only in the hands of those who wish to use democracy to abuse it....

religon followed due to duty...

democracy abused in name of greed!??

work it out...

therebbe
08-22-2006, 07:15 PM
??? who again are you teaching go and look at the faces of the women raped and the children killed in the bombing of baghdad and the cival rubbish going on today!!
Who are most of the casualties the result of? Americans fighting, or Muslims killing eachother?

find no pleasure in seeing any of my brothers or sisters suffer...
But you are indifferent when Kurds are getting gased? Are you that blind to see that the Muslim community in Iraq has benefited from Saddams overthrow?

democracy abused in name of greed!??
How is democracy in the name of greed? Look at the leaders in almost every Arab country. That is the definition of greed. Democracys are govs put into place by the people. That is not greed. That is freedom.

clear poisoning of democracy
I love how you use the word poisoning here. I haven't seen democracys 'poisoning' there Kurdish populations, or minorities.

Rou
08-23-2006, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
Who are most of the casualties the result of? Americans fighting, or Muslims killing eachother?

But you are indifferent when Kurds are getting gased? Are you that blind to see that the Muslim community in Iraq has benefited from Saddams overthrow?

How is democracy in the name of greed? Look at the leaders in almost every Arab country. That is the definition of greed. Democracys are govs put into place by the people. That is not greed. That is freedom.

I love how you use the word poisoning here. I haven't seen democracys 'poisoning' there Kurdish populations, or minorities.
As stated i dont wish to see any of my brothers or sisters suffering....that includes kurds

as for the killing that would depend strange how shia and sunnis just decided a few years into the battle to attack each other..its ocerstrated by outsiders to create cival unrest...more and more iraqis were growing in anger towards the occupation...so they are now side lined with the cival unrest..its called divide and conquer....

does the west want control of iraq? yes....

however control in what way? its called putting a goverment in place that is willing to play ball with the US and israel...

but the people wont accept it..so cause cival unrest to keep them busy while the new gov sorts it all out....

democracy is being used in the name of greed mate thats what afgan was about and iraq is about...terrorisem was used as an excuse as well as WMDS that did not exist!? and a OBL that cant be found and a alqaeda network THAT SHOWS UP EVERY WHERE AND NO WHERE....

these are tools to gain land and resources....

you talk of saudis?? do i talk of the australians???

your using out of context examples...im talking democracy and we all know democracy is not what the saudis preach...indeed there is greed and indeed its not good that they watch there people dying...

however at least they dont kill others in the name of democracy and say they are saving them while raping there daughters and killing there sons!

Zulkiflim
08-26-2006, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vishnu
Salaam,

For us we will live according to Islamic laws.
But what is apparent is that the west thinks that we want to convert the kafirs to Islam..

In Islma conversion is your own issue not mine.

If you wish salvation then take it.
If you want ****ation then tkae it..
It is your choice.

We muslim do not lose sleep just becasue some kafir do not want to convert..
that is the arrogeance of the kafirs.

But do not try to impose your views to INNOVATE in matter of our religion.

Zulkiflim
08-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Salaam,

As always the US and Israel prefer if muslim coutnries are in division it is better for them.

An exaple which they cnat deny would be Lebanon,they bombed chrisitan and sunni areas to cause them to fear Israel and to attack back Hezbollah.

In short to casue civil war.then they will be happy.

Then they will have peace.

Their peace not any one else.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.