View Full Version : Boycott:Israel

Zulkiflim
08-22-2006, 12:46 AM
Salaam,

[PIE]SanDisk claims largest capacity MP3 player

Mark LaPedus
EE Times
(08/21/2006 9:15 AM EDT)

SAN JOSE, Calif. — In a move to expand its systems business, SanDisk Corp. unveiled what the company claims is the world's largest capacity, flash-based MP3 player. The flash-memory product company also cut the prices on its older MP3 player models.

Priced at $249.99, the new Sansa e280 is the latest MP3 player in SanDisk's flagship e200 series. The new 8-gigabyte (GB) device features a microSD expansion slot, allowing expansion to 10-GB of music — or 2,500 songs — with an optional SanDisk 2-GB microSD card.

In conjunction with the rollout, SanDisk (Milpitas, Calif.) has lowered its prices on the entire Sansa e200 line of products, including the existing 2-, 4- and 6-GB models. Current pricing on the Sansa e200 product line includes a 2-GB flash-based player for under $140.

SanDisk competes in the MP3 player market against Apple, Creative, Samsung, among others. Microsoft plans to go head-to-head with Apple for a piece of the portable music device market, but doesn't expect to be an overnight sensation in the field.

Recently, Verizon Wireless unveiled a device that takes mobile phones a step closer in form and function to Apple Computer Inc.'s popular iPod media player.

But SanDisk appears to be going after Apple Computer, the world's largest MP3 player maker. The rapidly growing worldwide market for flash-based and hard disk drive MP3 players will jump from 140 million units in 2005 to 286 million by 2010, according to In-Stat Inc.

SanDisk is looking to boost its share in the business. The dimensions of its Sansa line are 1.7- x 3.5- x 0.5-in. The TFT color screen size for the unit is said to be 1.8-inch.

SanDisk said it provides an open digital rights management system, which allows users to purchase songs or access subscription download services from numerous sources. For instant access to "millions of digital songs," SanDisk said the Sansa e200 series players support Microsoft PlaysForSure technology. It also has a microSD expansion slot for additional memory capacity and supports SanDisk's TrustedFlash content cards.

SanDisk is not known as a major player in the MP3 market. The company, a leader in flash-memory subsystems for imaging and audio storage, is acquiring one of its largest solid-state memory competitors, Msystems Ltd. of Israel, in a stock transaction worth approximately $1.35 billion.[/PIE]

So to the Ummah,send the message out,do not buy this item do not suppor the murder of the brothers and sisters.

We are not there to fight with them in arms but can we be there with spirit and coin.

So boycott this.
Inshallah,most of my friend in Singapore have already rejected to sell this item and made thier intention clear.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-22-2006, 01:11 AM
I believe this is a good thread as it is of value for all people to be informed of the sources of all items they buy and make informed decisions about buying on knowledge for buying or not buying. I also suggest that a factor to be considered is to who would be affected by a mass boycott of any product. It is always advisable to find out who are the actual owners, who are the employees and who are the distributors and retailers of a product.

Personal expeience has taught me that in a boycott the ones who get affected the most are the emplyees and the retailers. Those are factors to consider for any boycott for any purpose.

therebbe
08-22-2006, 01:59 AM
who are the employees
For all you know 99% of the workers could be your fellow Muslims who need the job and money to feed there kids. if a boycott were to happen these Muslims might be out of a job and basically they only have there fellow Muslims then to blame for making it so they cannot feed there families.

But then again, companies that make MP3 players do not nessesarily market heavily to the Arab world.

Woodrow
08-22-2006, 02:43 AM
OOOOps I just realised something.

SanDisk is not known as a major player in the MP3 market. The company, a leader in flash-memory subsystems for imaging and audio storage, is acquiring one of its largest solid-state memory competitors, Msystems Ltd. of Israel, in a stock transaction worth approximately $1.35 billion.
SanDisk is buying the cmpany so in effect Sandisk has removed a Jewish company. Msystems Ltd. will no longer be a Jewish co. after it is bought by SanDisk.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abdmez
08-22-2006, 02:46 AM
Many of these companies in israel do have Arab workers. And you hurt your brothers when you make boycotts sometimes.

You should do research.

Dahir
08-22-2006, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdmez
Many of these companies in israel do have Arab workers. And you hurt your brothers when you make boycotts sometimes.

You should do research.
Yep. Like I've said once, Israel has a large Muslim minority and they are knitted into the Israeli societal fabric. Question yourselves before embarking on journeys.

north_malaysian
08-22-2006, 03:50 AM
There are calls to boycott Coca Cola, Carrefour, McD, KFC ... and I've seen 80% of the employees in these companies in Malaysia are Muslims.

So.......:rollseyes

i_m_tipu
08-22-2006, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
There are calls to boycott Coca Cola, Carrefour, McD, KFC ... and I've seen 80% of the employees in these companies in Malaysia are Muslims.

lol...

Woodrow
08-22-2006, 04:09 AM
Boycotts have to be very well investigated before being undertaken. Many times a boycott will end up hurting the very people it was meant to help. Several years ago here in the US when we had big cuts in the auto industry. One of our states had decided to stop using toyotos and switch to fords for the state vehicles, to preserve American jobs. After the deal was concluded it turned out that the toyotos were manufactured in the US but the fords were manufactured in Canada so the boycott to save American jobs actually lost American Jobs.

You can not tell by the name and location of a company who owns it or who is employed by it. Boycotts are difficult to evaluate in advance. Her in the US many compnies are charted as having their head quarters in Delaware, so if somebody decided to boycott the state of delaware by stopping to buy products from Delaware it would actually be a boycott against nearly every state except Delaware.

Trumble
08-22-2006, 04:30 AM

A lot depends on WHY you are boycotting, I think. If it is the activities of the COMPANY (as opposed to a government) you are protesting about, I don't think the nationality or religion of the employees is relevant. Coca Cola, for example, is responsible for huge amounts of water pollution in India that has a serious effect on the local people - why should the religion of those turning the taps and pressing the buttons matter? That pollution doesn't somehow become "OK" just because some are muslim, most are Hindu, or whatever.

Zulkiflim
08-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Salaam,

And thus the weakness of the Ummah is made apparent..

They fear to boycott thinking that it will endanger the arabs working in these industries.

Isnt this what the west call sanctions?

Isnt this is what is ebing done to muslim coutnries world wide?
Did any muslim protest?

No
and yet here youa re being asked to boycott product that support the Holocasut of muslim in Lebanon and Isreal,,you second guess..

Astarfillah,trully it is not as it should be,the investemnt by sandisk in affect pushes the Isrealis standard and economy.

We ask and say our muslim leaders are corrupt ,to beholden tot he western world but here you are being asked to NOT SUPPORT IN YOUR OWN ANME ONLY...but you digress..

Hyprocrisy..

As for other altrenatives,support muslim products like mecca cola,or such thing..Support muslim products and empower the ummah.

Zulkiflim
08-22-2006, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
OOOOps I just realised something.

SanDisk is buying the cmpany so in effect Sandisk has removed a Jewish company. Msystems Ltd. will no longer be a Jewish co. after it is bought by SanDisk.

Salaam,

All products made by Isreal in Isreal should be boycott.
It is simple,it is called a muslim sanction.

Spread the word

i_m_tipu
08-22-2006, 04:44 AM
i heard from others

PEPSI=P E P S I=Pay Each Penny to Save Israel

Zulkiflim
08-22-2006, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by i_m_tipu
i heard from others

PEPSI=P E P S I=Pay Each Penny to Save Israel

Salaam,

LOLOL....that is a new one....

But then again i heard that Coca Cola support Isreal but Pepsi does not...

So go and buy mecca cola or if you cant live wihout Coca cola think about alternatives LIVKE JUST PLAIN WATER>.

Try to pour coca cola in your tolet and watch it shine..LOLOL

i_m_tipu
08-22-2006, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

LOLOL....that is a new one....

But then again i heard that Coca Cola support Isreal but Pepsi does not...

So go and buy mecca cola or if you cant live wihout Coca cola think about alternatives LIVKE JUST PLAIN WATER>.

Try to pour coca cola in your tolet and watch it shine..LOLOL
nothing is compareble against PLAIN WATER or netural drinks(ie. Sugarcane)

Woodrow
08-22-2006, 05:15 AM
Salaam,

And thus the weakness of the Ummah is made apparent..

Perhaps the desire not to harm brothers and sisters is a strength

There is no fear in boycotting. The fear is in boycotting with out knowledge. At the moment the only thing I know is that the company is in Israel and it is being bought by a company that is head quartered in California. I do not know who the new owners will be, from the names of much of the board members it may be a Chinese Company
Isnt this what the west call sanctions?

Not exactly. In sanctions the sanctions are aimed at the country, not the people. Sanctions are never made to eliminate livlihoods they are made to prohibit the distribution of certain items.

Isnt this is what is ebing done to muslim coutnries world wide?

I can not think of any Islamic country that has any sanctions imposed against it.

Did any muslim protest?

No
and yet here youa re being asked to boycott product that support the Holocasut of muslim in Lebanon and Isreal,,you second guess..

Astarfillah,trully it is not as it should be,the investemnt by sandisk in affect pushes the Isrealis standard and economy.

Actually it will pull the the companies profit out of Israel. SanDisk wants to make a profit, not support Israel.

We ask and say our muslim leaders are corrupt ,to beholden tot he western world but here you are being asked to NOT SUPPORT IN YOUR OWN ANME ONLY...but you digress..

Until we know all the facts boycotting sankisk could harm the Palestinians more than it disrupts the Israelis. Israel does not seem to be upset over loosing a Jewish firm to a non-Jewish foreign company.

Hyprocrisy..

As for other altrenatives,support muslim products like mecca cola,or such thing..Support muslim products and empower the ummah.
I will agree we need to support Muslim products and products made in Islamic countries.

i_m_tipu
08-22-2006, 05:18 AM
I will agree we need to support Muslim products and products made in Islamic countries.
lol.....

Woodrow
08-22-2006, 05:27 AM
lol.....
I assume the LOL is that currently the only product purchased in large quantities from the mid-east is oil. I tried to find other products and I can not find any major export products from the mid-east except oil

OOps I just discovered Mecca Cola is a French product.

Coke is no longer it. Or at least it won't be if Tawfik Mathlouthi has anything to do with it.

Ultimately it is the consumer who will make the decision

Coca-Cola

Mr Mathlouthi is the French entrepreneur behind Mecca Cola, a new soft drink designed to cash in on anti-American sentiment around the world.

He hopes to make Mecca Cola the soft drink of choice for Muslims everywhere and thus push out that icon of American capitalism Coca-Cola.

It is all about combating "America's imperialism and Zionism by providing a substitute for American goods and increasing the blockade of countries boycotting American goods," Mr Mathlouthi told BBC News Online.

It is not the first time Coca-Cola has been the target of a "buy Muslim" challenge. Zamzam Cola, an Iranian drink named after a holy spring in Mecca, has won an enthusiastic reception in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

Coca-Cola has dismissed Mr Mathlouthi's move, saying he had "identified a commercial opportunity which involves the exploitation in Europe of the difficult and complex situation in the Middle East".

"Ultimately it is the consumer who will make the decision," the company said in a statement.
Link.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2640259.stm

i_m_tipu
08-22-2006, 05:35 AM
I assume the LOL is that currently the only product purchased in large quantities from the mid-east is oil. I tried to find other products and I can not find any major export products from the mid-east except oil

OOps I just discovered Mecca Cola is a French product.

Link.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2640259.stm
:hiding:

plain water

north_malaysian
08-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Those soda drinks contain lots of sugar .... the more you drink ..... the quicker you'll get diabetes.....

I do agree with i_m_tipu - PLAIN WATER is the best!!!!!:statisfie

Woodrow
08-22-2006, 05:50 AM
:hiding:

plian water
Agreed the best overall drink.

I had just got thinking and looking. I can not fnd any exportable product produced in the mid-eastern nations. It appears that the dependancy on oil production has stopped the growth of industrialization in those countries. Most of the mid-eastern countries have to import nearly every necessity of life. Some even have to import their drinking water.

Zulkiflim
08-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Salaam,

For me Sandisk bought this company over but does not disband it nor move it out of Isreal,

And thus it is a tacit support for the murder of palestinain and lebanese.

Coutnries say the more business it has the more it is GOOD and RELIABLE..

These comapnies are actually acting as a benchmarks forhow a coutnry is viewed.
So by doing this sandisk is giving tacit support for Israel actions.

And for as you say,it wont affect Palestinian,i would say,,,can you prove that any muslim or palestinain are in those factories?
Should we operate on what we do not know?

Or should we do based on what we know.
An Isrealis company Bought by an external company,but dos not move the businees out of Israel.It is inaffect buffering the Isrealis economy.

So boycott any Isrealis products.

Woodrow
08-26-2006, 05:30 AM
It would be nice if we could be certain that a ban affects Israel the most. Saudi Arabia has about the starongest bans in the world against Israeli products. It is interesting to see who is also banned because of those bans. Granted this Article is 4 years old, but it is the most current I can find.

Saudi Arabia bans 200 foreign companies for importing Israeli products into the kingdom

ASSOCIATED PRESS
5 August 2002

Saudi Arabia has blacklisted about 200 foreign companies during the past 10 months for importing $150 million of Israeli products into the oil-rich kingdom, a Saudi trade official said Monday.

Ahmed al-Ouda, a counselor in the kingdom's Commerce Chamber, told The Associated Press that the companies — mostly Jordanian and Cypriot — forged certificates of origin of Israeli products in order to bring them into the Saudi market.

Al-Ouda said the companies — including 72 from Jordan, 70 from Cyprus, 23 from Egypt and 11 from Turkey — will not be able to trade in Saudi again.

Here is the source: http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-news-0302.html

I am not saying we should not ban them. But I am saying we need to be certain as to who any ban is actually hurting. Bans are a good tool, only when the results are what is desired.

Asyur an-Nagi
08-26-2006, 05:41 AM
stop boycotting. fight back!
in indonesia we have MQ (or Management of Qalb) Cola, to flip coca cola's market. it is hard, it is a real struggle, but it is a beginning.

stop being unrealistic. quit telling the world that muslims are a bunch boycotters.

Woodrow
08-26-2006, 05:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
stop boycotting. fight back!
in indonesia we have MQ (or Management of Qalb) Cola, to flip coca cola's market. it is hard, it is a real struggle, but it is a beginning.

stop being unrealistic. quit telling the world that muslims are a bunch boycotters.
That is by far the best approach. Good competition will win over a boycott all around. Not only reduces the sales of the company you would boycott, but increases the wealth of your own country.

Asyur an-Nagi
08-26-2006, 05:52 AM
That is by far the best approach. Good competition will win over a boycott all around. Not only reduces the sales of the company you would boycott, but increases the wealth of your own country.
yes, brother. Good competition will win over a boycott all around:)

Woodrow
08-26-2006, 06:19 AM
another point to remember is just what compnies would have to be boycotted to boycott sandisk. Very few of their products are sold under the sandisk name.

Jointly developed by Matsu****a Electronic (best known for its Panasonic brand
name products), SanDisk and Toshiba, the SD Card weighs approximately two ...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...6HXF4?v=glance - Cached

Plus they also produce the sim card for many cell phones and the chips for many mp3 players and several game boxes. Then there are the countless military products for nearly every country. Their budget is larger than many countries. Their working capital can hold them over for a long time. Market Cap: $10,732,448,690 A boycott of them will only hurt the small worker and not even be noticed by the company.

Asyur's post makes the most sense of any so far posted. a boycottt only works if it can have an impact.

Ghazi
08-26-2006, 09:50 AM
:sl:

Forget Boycotts, they're usless due to people either getting bored or not enough people chippin in, the way to go is to unite and refuse to pay taxes trust me the goverment will listen then.

Zulkiflim
08-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Salaam,

As we have noted,if the pride of the muslim are resintalled then surely if we boycott non muslim product then we will have to come up WITH OUR OWN PRODCUTS..

So i say,boycott and support and produce muslim made products..

Inshallah,for if we ar too reliant on western good and western grace then surely all muslim coutnries will be like palestine..

Ummah stand up,Biycott and invent and make new products...

Inshallah

Check this out

http://www.halaljournal.com/artman/p...index_50.shtml

Zulkiflim
08-28-2006, 04:33 AM
Salaam,

Check this out..

[PIE]International: A forum to boost the global Halal market
By Monday Morning, Beirut
May 18, 2006, 09:35
Email this article
Printer friendly page

Malaysia, a mainly Muslim country with ambitions of becoming a “halal hub”, last week held a forum for industry giants and experts to discuss how to regulate and promote the booming industry.

Nestlé Malaysia, Britain’s biggest retailer Tesco, and fast food giant McDonalds joined experts and regulatory bodies to devise ways of boosting the market, developing global industry standards and preventing halal certification fraud.

Organizers said the event was the first to look at the sector in commercial terms, instead of focusing on the academic or religious aspects.

“So they might debate whether gelatine is halal... but industry players want to know about market access, how to increase their sales and networking”, said Abdelhamid Evans, on the staff of the organizers, KasehDia.

“There are a lot of issues emerging as halal goes global. The farm-to-fork nature of halal requires a forum where all of the different elements can get together, where issues can be resolved”, he told a press conference.

Under the concept of halal -- meaning “permissible” in Arabic -- pork and its by-products, alcohol and animals not slaughtered according to procedures of the Sharia (the Sacred Law of Islam) are all haram or forbidden.
Other goods and services can also be certified halal including cosmetics, clothing, pharmaceuticals, financial services and even tour packages.

“We believe this event could potentially help develop the industry and chart its direction in the near future”, says Jumaatun Azmi, managing director of KasehDia which has produced halal food guides for a number of world cities.

Malaysia has been vigorously marketing itself as a global center for the manufacture and export of halal products, in line with its moderate version of Islam, which emphasizes economic and scientific progress.

It hopes to gain the upper hand by instituting strict halal certification, and last year launched a standard which it hopes will be adopted internationally by an industry that currently lacks any harmonization in production and handling regulations.

Prime Minister Abdallah Ahmad Badawi has said that the global market for halal food is potentially worth up to 500 billion dollars a year and that Muslim countries should work together to tap into the booming industry.[/PIE]

Inshallah,potentially worth up to 500 billion,as more and muclim are born ,if the muslim ummah maitain the dietary laws and inshallah should it expland to other form,,then the value could triple..

We could be an economic powerhouse wihout boundaries.

north_malaysian
08-28-2006, 04:37 AM
Salaam,

Check this out..

[PIE]International: A forum to boost the global Halal market
By Monday Morning, Beirut
May 18, 2006, 09:35
Email this article
Printer friendly page

Malaysia, a mainly Muslim country with ambitions of becoming a “halal hub”, last week held a forum for industry giants and experts to discuss how to regulate and promote the booming industry.

Nestlé Malaysia, Britain’s biggest retailer Tesco, and fast food giant McDonalds joined experts and regulatory bodies to devise ways of boosting the market, developing global industry standards and preventing halal certification fraud.

Organizers said the event was the first to look at the sector in commercial terms, instead of focusing on the academic or religious aspects.

“So they might debate whether gelatine is halal... but industry players want to know about market access, how to increase their sales and networking”, said Abdelhamid Evans, on the staff of the organizers, KasehDia.

“There are a lot of issues emerging as halal goes global. The farm-to-fork nature of halal requires a forum where all of the different elements can get together, where issues can be resolved”, he told a press conference.

Under the concept of halal -- meaning “permissible” in Arabic -- pork and its by-products, alcohol and animals not slaughtered according to procedures of the Sharia (the Sacred Law of Islam) are all haram or forbidden.
Other goods and services can also be certified halal including cosmetics, clothing, pharmaceuticals, financial services and even tour packages.

“We believe this event could potentially help develop the industry and chart its direction in the near future”, says Jumaatun Azmi, managing director of KasehDia which has produced halal food guides for a number of world cities.

Malaysia has been vigorously marketing itself as a global center for the manufacture and export of halal products, in line with its moderate version of Islam, which emphasizes economic and scientific progress.

It hopes to gain the upper hand by instituting strict halal certification, and last year launched a standard which it hopes will be adopted internationally by an industry that currently lacks any harmonization in production and handling regulations.

Prime Minister Abdallah Ahmad Badawi has said that the global market for halal food is potentially worth up to 500 billion dollars a year and that Muslim countries should work together to tap into the booming industry.[/PIE]

Inshallah,potentially worth up to 500 billion,as more and muclim are born ,if the muslim ummah maitain the dietary laws and inshallah should it expland to other form,,then the value could triple..

We could be an economic powerhouse wihout boundaries.
Halal market is a gold-mine!!! I hope Muslims would realise this.

syilla
08-28-2006, 04:51 AM
Those soda drinks contain lots of sugar .... the more you drink ..... the quicker you'll get diabetes.....

I do agree with i_m_tipu - PLAIN WATER is the best!!!!!:statisfie
i think zam zam is the best...

but you cannot buy it or sell it anywhere :D

north_malaysian
08-28-2006, 05:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i think zam zam is the best...

but you cannot buy it or sell it anywhere :D
I've seen people selling it here!!!

syilla
08-28-2006, 06:12 AM
^^^yeah i know...is it purely zam-zam?? i just don't know how the buyer is confident about the contents. Because for what i know zam zam is limited for each person..if you're bringing it outside Makkah....

north_malaysian
08-28-2006, 07:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^yeah i know...is it purely zam-zam?? i just don't know how the buyer is confident about the contents. Because for what i know zam zam is limited for each person..if you're bringing it outside Makkah....
In this modern age... many people use religion to make profits.... :cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.