/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi.

bluesky
08-22-2006, 03:14 PM
:sl:
I'VE GOT THIS QUESTION WHICH HAS BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY 4 2 DAYS, CUD U HELP ME OUT PLZ:

IS PEPSI HARAAM?
COS I'VE HEARD DAT PEPSI STNDS 4 PAY EVERY PENNY TO SAVE ISRAEL, SO PEOPLE THINK IF U DRINK IT YOU'RE ACTUALLY PAYING 4 DA MURDER OF UR FELLOW BROS ANS SIS'S IN IRAQ.
IS THIS TRU?
WASALAAM.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vishnu
08-22-2006, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bluesky
I'VE GOT THIS QUESTION WHICH HAS BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY 4 2 DAYS, CUD U HELP ME OUT PLZ:

IS PEPSI HARAAM?
COS I'VE HEARD DAT PEPSI STNDS 4 PAY EVERY PENNY TO SAVE ISRAEL, SO PEOPLE THINK IF U DRINK IT YOU'RE ACTUALLY PAYING 4 DA MURDER OF UR FELLOW BROS ANS SIS'S IN IRAQ.
IS THIS TRU?
WASALAAM.
I'm sorry to tell you that you are completly wrong. Pepsi was originally promoted as relief from dyspepsia, which is a fancy name for indigestion. PEPSIA = digestion in Latin.

What kind of propaganda TV shows are you watching?

Vaseline
08-22-2006, 03:27 PM
I think that the Paying Every Penny Saves Israel is just a myth...

afriend2
08-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Salaam,

Dunno....They sell loads of it in Saudi though.

Allahu Alam.

Wassalam :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
08-22-2006, 04:43 PM
and the pakistan team is sponsored by pepsi :D:D:D so i dont think they would allow themselfs to be sponsored by pepsi if it was helpin out israel :D:D:D ya get moi :D:D:D

therebbe
08-22-2006, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
and the pakistan team is sponsored by pepsi :D:D:D so i dont think they would allow themselfs to be sponsored by pepsi if it was helpin out israel :D:D:D ya get moi :D:D:D
Maybe they don't know...;D :giggling:

Muezzin
08-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Pay
Every
Penny
Save
Israel

?

If you subscribe to such utter tosh as the above, you might also want to avoid Wonka bars. You see:

Whites
Only
No
Khaleh
Acha

Pepsi is fine. Just don't drink too much or your dentist will attack you.

Well, yours might not. Mine would. He scares me.

Woodrow
08-22-2006, 05:59 PM
People will always find a way to turn a trade name into an acronym to suit they views. The name Pepsi was in the stores decades before Israel was on the map. a good one her in the states is what Chevrolet lovers have to say about Ford cars.

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

amatu
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
i think pepsis are not haraam

chacha_jalebi
08-22-2006, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amatu
i think pepsi are not haraam becuase there are some urdu words on the back of the bottle and pakistan people have it
lol erm thats because it has been translated :D

amirah_87
08-22-2006, 08:16 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

Oh My!! :? first the nuttella, then the Muller Yoghurts, then this... :?:?

I heard this was haraam also quite a while back, but ppl seem to be fishing tooo deeep into things... :heated:

Well alhamdulillah it's not!!

MuslimahBlue
08-23-2006, 01:13 AM
I also heard Pepsi stands for something :? glad its cleared up:)

lfaridi
08-23-2006, 01:52 AM
salam,

or "flip over read directions" "found on road dead" "first on race day"

ws,
linda

M2A^AKIB^
08-23-2006, 02:05 AM
i don't know if it's haraam or not. but i have been hearing lots of ppl saying that it contains pigs blood, and that giving penny to save israel part. i doubt this is true. but doctors say that pepsi, coke, 7up and many others are bad for the health, especially the teeth i guess. i think it's ok to drink pepsi as long as u don't drink too much.

Vaseline
08-23-2006, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As salaamu alaykum,

I heard this was haraam also quite a while back, but ppl seem to be fishing tooo deeep into things... :heated:

OhMyGosh! What was said about Nutella??!?!?! :cry:

I practically live off the stuff!!! Ok ok, slight exaggeration. I'm only addicted.....:rollseyes

Malaikah
08-23-2006, 12:12 PM

and to think all this time i thought it stood for Pay Each Penny, Save India! :rollseyes

:p

seeker_of_ilm
08-23-2006, 12:26 PM

Boycott Pepsi! Buy Sprite instead that stands for

Save Palestine Renounce Israeli Terrorist Enemy! :rollseyes

See how easy it is to make these things up?

bluesky
08-23-2006, 03:42 PM
thanks everyone, at least know i know wot u guys think, but in islam it says that if u doubt any food i.e. whether it is haraam or not, that food becomes haraam 4 u. so wot about that?
wasallaam.:?

AhlaamBella
08-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry Sis but where is the evidence for that? Just curious because I have never heard that before.

Al-Zaara
08-23-2006, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As salaamu alaykum,

Nutella?!?! Nooooooo!!! Don't say there's something fishy with NUTELLA... :cry:

Guardian_angel
08-23-2006, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Baby_Pearl
Sorry Sis but where is the evidence for that? Just curious because I have never heard that before.
hey khad u still stressin?

AhlaamBella
08-23-2006, 05:45 PM
There you are! I was starting to wonder where you'd got to! get 100 posts then you can cum in the sister's section!

Guardian_angel
08-23-2006, 05:47 PM
There you are! I was starting to wonder where you'd got to! get 100 posts then you can cum in the sister's section!
r u feelin orite? hw cn i suddenly get a 100 posts?

AhlaamBella
08-23-2006, 05:49 PM
you can talk for england I shouldn't have to tell you that. Anywayz I didn't mean right now genious!

Guardian_angel
08-23-2006, 05:50 PM
you can talk for england I shouldn't have to tell you that. Anywayz I didn't mean right now genious!
lol i am gonna b a full member soon!!!

Dahir
08-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Its a conspiracy created by the Coca Cola company - fueled by mass media fears.

AhlaamBella
08-23-2006, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guardian_angel
lol i am gonna b a full member soon!!!
Well done! I g2g grandad's house now. *gulp* wasalaam.

Durrah
08-23-2006, 09:48 PM

PEPSI was created in 1893!!!!!!! Thats well over a century ago!

thats 100 years PLUS!

THE STATE OF ISREAL DID NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh man, people need to think before they buy into this rubbish.

afriend
08-23-2006, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Durrah

PEPSI was created in 1893!!!!!!! Thats well over a century ago!

thats 100 years PLUS!

THE STATE OF ISREAL DID NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh man, people need to think before they buy into this rubbish.
jeez...tell me about it....

Mujahidah4Allah
08-23-2006, 10:00 PM

ok now thats sorted...

ma'salamah

Durrah
08-23-2006, 10:04 PM
:threadclo

Malaikah
08-24-2006, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen
Nutella?!?! Nooooooo!!! Don't say there's something fishy with NUTELLA... :cry:

yeh whats wrong with nutella??:-\

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

yeh whats wrong with nutella??:-\
I found this:

Ingredients
Nutella is the most readily available form of gianduja, which is a blend of chocolate and hazelnut paste developed in Italy after excessive taxes on cocoa beans hindered the early development and production of conventional chocolate. Gianduja is produced by many European chocolate manufacturers and is normally sold in solid blocks and not as a spread. Despite the economics which drove its invention, gianduja is definitely not an inferior compromise to chocolate, or a chocolate substitute, and while Nutella is the most popular form of gianduja there are many varieties which rival the highest quality chocolates in both price and quality. The European (Poland) ingredients are: sugar, rapeseed oil, hazelnuts(13%), cocoa(7,4%), skimmed milk(5%), lactose, soya lecithin, vanillin. The US ingredients are: sugar, peanut oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skimmed milk, reduced mineral whey, partially hydrogenated peanut oil, soy lecithin, vanillin. The peanut oil used in Nutella production goes through a hot-solvent extraction process which removes all the proteins, leaving pure peanut oil which is generally non-allergenic.[citation needed]

my addition

Some brands of vanillin do contain alcohol so perhaps in some areas where it is manufactured that could make it Haraam if the vanillin used contains alcohol. May want to check with the specific plant the product is manufactured at. The vanillin may differ from plant to plant.

Malaikah
08-24-2006, 01:23 AM
oh ok.. by alcohol do you mean ethanol? becuase not all alcohols are intoxicants... also do you mean that the vanillin is disolved in alcohol or something?

Muezzin
08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Because it is quite clear this 'Pepsi=Pay Every Penny Save Israel' theory is false, and because this has been discussed before, I am closing this thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.