/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Telling the Truth

Arwa
06-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Telling the Truth

Telling the truth is a very good habit. If you always speak the truth, you can save yourself from a lot of trouble! Here is a story of a man who did a lot of bad things, but his promise to tell the truth saved him.

Once a man came to the prophet Muhammad (S) and said, "Oh prophet of Allah, I have many bad habits. Which one of them should I give up first?" The prophet said, "Give up telling lies first and always speak the truth." The man promised to do so and went home.

At night the man was about to go out to steal. Before setting out, he thought for a moment about the promise he made with the prophet. "If tomorrow the prophet asks me where have I been, what shall I say? Shall I say that I went out stealing? No, I cannot say that. But nor can I lie. If I tell the truth, everyone will start hating me and call me a thief. I would be punished for stealing."

So the man decided not to steal that night, and gave up this bad habit.

Next day, he felt like drinking wine, when he was about to do so, he said to himself, "What shall I say to the prophet if he asks me what did I do during the day? I cannot tell a lie, and if I speak the truth people will hate me, because a Muslim is not allowed to drink wine." And so he gave up the idea of drinking wine.

In this way, whenever the man thought of doing something bad, he remembered his promise to tell the truth at all times. One by one, he gave up all his bad habits and became a good Muslim and a very good person.

If you always speak the truth, you can be a good person, a good Muslim whom Allah likes and favors. If Allah - our Creator - is pleased with us, He will reward us with HEAVEN, which is a place of happiness and joy.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
06-06-2005, 05:34 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah Khayr for that

Khayal
06-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Assalaam O Alaikum Wa rahamatullahe Wabarakatu

MashaAllah very good sharing, jazak ALLAH khair....:rose:

Wa Alaikum Assalaam Wa rahamatullahe Wabarakatu

Mu'maneen
06-07-2005, 03:36 AM

Jazakallahkher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira for the beautiful story Dear Sister of Islam. May Allah help us to speak only the truth.

---------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
06-07-2005, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa
Telling the Truth

Telling the truth is a very good habit. If you always speak the truth, you can save yourself from a lot of trouble! Here is a story of a man who did a lot of bad things, but his promise to tell the truth saved him.

Once a man came to the prophet Muhammad (S) and said, "Oh prophet of Allah, I have many bad habits. Which one of them should I give up first?" The prophet said, "Give up telling lies first and always speak the truth." The man promised to do so and went home.

At night the man was about to go out to steal. Before setting out, he thought for a moment about the promise he made with the prophet. "If tomorrow the prophet asks me where have I been, what shall I say? Shall I say that I went out stealing? No, I cannot say that. But nor can I lie. If I tell the truth, everyone will start hating me and call me a thief. I would be punished for stealing."

Next day, he felt like drinking wine, when he was about to do so, he said to himself, "What shall I say to the prophet if he asks me what did I do during the day? I cannot tell a lie, and if I speak the truth people will hate me, because a Muslim is not allowed to drink wine." And so he gave up the idea of drinking wine.

In this way, whenever the man thought of doing something bad, he remembered his promise to tell the truth at all times. One by one, he gave up all his bad habits and became a good Muslim and a very good person.

If you always speak the truth, you can be a good person, a good Muslim whom Allah likes and favors. If Allah - our Creator - is pleased with us, He will reward us with HEAVEN, which is a place of happiness and joy.

:D Great article . . . Maa-Shaa-Allah . . . :applaud:

:w:

Beblessed
10-24-2005, 11:05 PM
:sl: bro & sis
Telling the Truth

Once a man came to the prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) and said, "Oh prophet of Allah, I have many bad habits. Which one of them should I give up first?" The prophet said, "Give up telling lies first and always speak the truth." The man promised to do so and went home.

MAKE A PROMISE: I SHALL ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH. :thumbs_up

Rufaidah
10-25-2005, 12:39 AM
yeah u rite we must to say the truth ...
well done khadija nice story Masha'Allah :)
thnQ 4 u sharing it 4 us :)
c ya

Protected_Diamond
10-26-2005, 06:42 AM
masha Allah very good way of getting rid of all your bad habits alhamduiliah

*Sonya
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
jazakallah sister khadija realy good advice
may allah reward u
take care :D

pious_hijabi
10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Sister, thanks for the reminder...I have heard of the story before and loved it...it truly is beautiful story and it honestly gave me strenghtens to always be truthful.

Halima
10-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Salaam,

Telling the truth just doesn't revolve around Islam, I would say it's a universal rule that everyone is encouraged to do. Being honest to anyone will save you from any altercations and decieving friendships. Telling the truth is taugh in every religion. I would say that lying is one of the major that occurs from time to time people to people. Telling the truth is taught from the age of being a toddler hence you carry it to your adulthood. Otherwise how would someone else percieve you as a liar? then they will lose the trust. Hence when someone loses trust in you, you lose many things. Friendships, marriages, and abnormal communication.

Wasalaam.

Khayal
10-27-2005, 06:41 PM

InshaAllah n good sharing. jazk ALLAH khair :rose:

s_123_v
12-02-2005, 02:09 PM
mashallah may allah stop us from lying

Batoota
12-03-2005, 10:33 AM

Jazak Allah koli khair for sharing with us! I heard it before, but it is an excellent reminder.

:statisfie

hidaayah
12-03-2005, 03:00 PM
jazakallah for the post sis!!
Assalam u Allaikum

Tasneem
12-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Shurkran for this post.

^..sTr!vEr..^
12-08-2005, 11:16 AM

w0nderful post!

mehnaz
12-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Assalamoalaikum....

JazakAllah khair sis..!!...

asma2
12-10-2005, 02:28 PM
thanks sis i will try to remeber everyday just like that men till i loose the habbit it was beautfful story thank for sharing it

Muslim Soldier
05-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I read this tory for the first time i my religion class text book and since then have not forgotten it.

Thank you for posting

Umm Yoosuf
05-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Theres a already a thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ling+the+truth

Sis_ReNa
11-25-2006, 03:57 PM
mashAllah ...that is very nice.. may Allah reward you and inshAllah all muslims can tell the turth and fear Allah ameen
salam walkaum wa rahmatuAllah wa barkatoh

BlissfullyJaded
11-25-2006, 07:04 PM

*Several Threads Merged*

Please do a search before posting such stories that may have been posted previously. Shukran!

mohammed farah
11-25-2006, 07:52 PM
sorry. but i didnt think it was in here

IbnAbdulHakim
11-25-2006, 08:02 PM
:salamext:

also i read that the person who is very honest has a lot of meaningful dreams and some come true subhanAllah !

Mohammed Bilal
11-25-2006, 09:43 PM
jazakallah sister from this promise i have made insha'allah i will be able to become a better muslim! please do du'a for me and my father who is not in a good state at the moment . wassalamualaikum!

snakelegs
11-30-2006, 04:47 AM
good post.
i also think that being honest is extremely important.
but there are different kinds of lies and i wonder what the position of islam about lying that comes from a desire not to wound another's feelings.
i'm talking about what are usually called "white lies".
does islam distinguish between the 2 different kinds?

Tania
11-30-2006, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
good post.
i also think that being honest is extremely important.
but there are different kinds of lies and i wonder what the position of islam about lying that comes from a desire not to wound another's feelings.
i'm talking about what are usually called "white lies".
does islam distinguish between the 2 different kinds?
I never heard about white lies. Could you explain me exactly at what are you thinking when you said: hurting the other feelings. (example) :-[

lolwatever
11-30-2006, 04:56 AM
mashalah i heard dat one very good advise mashalah!
jazakilah khayr
tc ws wr wb

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makkiyah
Telling the Truth

Can you post the full hadith for that?

snakelegs
11-30-2006, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I never heard about white lies. Could you explain me exactly at what are you thinking when you said: hurting the other feelings. (example) :-[
they are little, insignificant, superficial things. such as bolstering a person's self confidence. "do i look like a horse in this dress?" usually the lie can be avoided simply by keeping your mouth shut. ("no, you look like an elephant") -
there are times when not hurting someone's feelings is more important than telling a "white" lie.
or it could be that someone asks you "do you mind doing blah blah blah?"
and you really do because you are lazy - but you say, "no" and go ahead and do it anyway.

sudais1
01-02-2007, 11:13 PM
jazakallah khayar, may we all speak THE TRUTH ONLY THE TRUTH NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH :lol:

Pk_#2
01-02-2007, 11:48 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Jazakhala khair :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.