/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you really know about Islam?

- Qatada -
08-22-2006, 08:27 PM
What do you really know about Islam?

The media tends to portray the religion of Islam according to the actions of a handful of so-called muslims, and therefore unfairly labelling the whole religion negatively. Shaykh Khalid Yasin gives the viewer an insight into the beliefs and pillars of Islam, through which one sees that Islam is innocent from such claims. This lecture is especially useful for non-Muslims who wish to gain the proper knowledge about the religion of Islam.

Media Tags are no longer supported

- Download Video - (right click and save target as)

Download RealPlayer to view:
http://www.real.com/freeplayer/?rppr=downloadcom1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Munaa
08-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Good tips:)

Umm Yoosuf
08-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Jazakallahu Khayr. Very useful lucture.

muslimah_here
08-24-2006, 03:44 PM
:sl:
That was good MASHALLAH!!!! When you hear lectures of revert muslims like Sheikh khalid whom iv heard first time, and lectures of Yusuf estes (anoTher really good revert muslim brother ON WWW.ISLAMTOMMORROW.COM) who are able to give daawah with the in depth knowledge of islam then Im sure not only me but many muslims should think it for a sceond that even though we are born muslims, we didnt utilise that blessing of ALLAH caz if we did our knowledge of islam would not have been limited to just five pillars of islam. sad isnt it:cry:

MAY ALLAH help me and all other muslims learn, understand and implement the Quraan and Sunnah in our lives. ameen.

FI-AMANALLAH.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
08-24-2006, 09:17 PM
:wasalamex

I got it from www.streetdawah.com

You can find more useful lectures and stuff there insha'Allaah.

:salamext:

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-24-2006, 09:19 PM
JazakAllah khayr. I will be seeing him on saturday inshaAllah.

:wasalamex

Jayda
08-26-2006, 02:55 AM
what is dawah?

Samee
08-26-2006, 09:13 PM
:sl:

Yeah, streetdawah is one of the best Islamic websites out there. Jazkullah for this.

:w:

Umm Yoosuf
08-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
what is dawah?
The word "Da'wah" in Arabic simply means to invite to something. When it is used in conjunction with Islam it is understood to mean "Inviting to the Way of submission and surrender to Allah."

Da'wah in Islam is actually an order from Allah in His Holy Qur'an in a number of places. Let us consider one:

"Kuntum khairan ummatin ukhrajat linaasi tawmaruna bil maruf wa tan anna anhil munkar."

You are the best of people raised up, for you call to all that is right and righteous and you forbid the evil, and you believe in Allah.
[Qur'an 3:110]

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/

Jayda
08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Gracias Al-Mu'minah

Jayda
08-27-2006, 09:56 PM
...it has been my experience that Muslims are too quick to assume I think bad things about them... on the forum I came from Muslims who are new or don't know me try to preemptively defend themselves against charges of terrorism and islam in the media... when i never had that opinion to start with... it is a little bit jarring...

Umm Yoosuf
08-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I agree with you.There are some Muslim who are quite jumpy and reactive at times. Personally, I don’t spend time explaining what Islam is not rather I like to explain what Islam really is!

Jayda
08-31-2006, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
I agree with you.There are some Muslim who are quite jumpy and reactive at times. Personally, I don’t spend time explaining what Islam is not rather I like to explain what Islam really is!
i made an observation similar to that once... people dont want to know what other religions really believe... they just want to know all the bad stuff... like answering islam or answering christianity .com places... you dont learn anything you just get supplied with a list of bad things to bring up in a conversation...

Jayda
08-31-2006, 04:06 PM
they basically congratulated me for "warm sentiments" said i was being naive again and ignored me... i hate when that happens...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.