/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims in Westerns nations: Do you wear your Kufie wherever you go??

QuranStudy
08-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Salaam,

Are we supposed to wear kufie all the time under Islamic law? How is it like wearing a kufie in front of the public? Do people respod nagatively? And how would you repond to negativity?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
umm-sulaim
08-23-2006, 04:20 PM
wa alaykuma salaam,

as a muslimah alhamdulillah when i see my brother wearing the kufie i feel proud right...
but i've seen non-muslims look at them weird and stuff, especially if they're wearing the thawb too

Its not obligatory to wear the kufie (perhaps its a tradition too)...the turban is tradition but with intention of following the ways of the prophet, they are rewarded...

i guess its the same negativity sisters face for wearing hijaab,

i ignore it, and just hope they realise that Islam is not how its portrayed..

like Allah ta3aala says in the qur'aan "idfa3 billatee hiya a7san"
repel with that which is better...fussilat ayah 33...

wassalaam

Fishman
08-23-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Salaam,

Are we supposed to wear kufie all the time under Islamic law? How is it like wearing a kufie in front of the public? Do people respod nagatively? And how would you repond to negativity?

Thanks.
:sl:
Technically I don't have a kufi, it's one of those stand-up holeless ones.
No, I don't wear it everywhere, and my parents probably wouldn't allow me to, but I would really like to. But for a new Muslim like me who doesn't even pray properly yet, I don't think it's the most important issue in the world.
:w:

therebbe
08-23-2006, 05:14 PM
It is kind of odd for me to wear a Kippa while in non-Jewish areas but Jews are commanded to keep there heards covered at all times by a Kippa Hat or other head covering.

Kippa's Jews wear to cover there heads

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
08-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I speak on behalf of my Dad, and my Brothers (16,10 and 9 ) Yes they wear their Kufi and Jubah at all times Masha'allah :)

People sometimes scoff at them, or ask them if they are Jews lol :giggling: But overall it's pretty easy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.