/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Music forbidden??

faru
08-24-2006, 04:11 AM
Aslamulaikum

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

I have gone through some sources, But i have not been able to find any possible allegations against hearing music!! :heated:
But some of the people around me, has suggested that, music as u know today is not good.. its better not to hear it!!

So guys... please tell me... Is music forbidden in islam?
can we hear music?? if so.. what kind of music?

Faru

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-24-2006, 04:23 AM
:sl:

Please read all of this:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...an-sunnah.html

:w:

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 04:39 AM
Quite interesting an affliction that I have had most of my life now seems to be an actual blessing Mashallah

Since my early 20's I have had severe tonal deafness. To be honest except for the initial first year or so it has not bothered me. I live in a mono-tone world, I can not distiguish between tones. Although I have never dwelled on it I had a very neutral view about. Although the injuries that caused it rendered it impossible for me to hear music as music, I was never bothered with it. I can hear sounds quite well, just can not detect changes in pitch,tone etc. ie I can not tell the difference between peoples voices.

Now after reading this I no longer have a neutral view of it I truly do see it as a real blessing and I am thankfull for it.

Joe98
08-24-2006, 05:49 AM
If its fun its banned.

if it makes you go into a near trance like state its banned.

if it makes you go ionto a near trance like state and shout "Death to the USA! Death to Isreal! thats OK

Peace :coolbro:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
E'jaazi
08-24-2006, 06:08 AM
Ahmed, great post! After reading that, if anyone stills thinks or feels music is okay, then surely they are among the lost, and we make du'a that they be guided back to the straightway.

snakelegs
08-24-2006, 06:21 AM
i think you will find differences of opinion on this issue among muslims. i know many muslims who are relgious but will listen to islamic devotional music (even with musical instruments).
it seems to be a hot subject.

E'jaazi
08-24-2006, 06:33 AM
That's just some people's way of trying to make something wrong be okay. The evidence presented above is clear. On the Day of Judgement, when Allah questions those who listen to music as to why they did something that the Messenger (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam) instructed them not to do, it will be interesting to hear what arguement they will put forth to Allah. I have always wondered if people will repeat the arguements they give now, on the Day of Judgement.

Isaac
08-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Joe so what gets you into a trance. Listening to some white, christian soldiers making poems about killing children and using them as shields. Well does it?

DigitalStorm82
08-24-2006, 11:21 AM
If its fun its banned.

if it makes you go ionto a near trance like state and shout "Death to the USA! Death to Isreal! thats OK

Peace
lol... ignorance is a bliss huh

sameena
08-24-2006, 11:24 AM
its not likkable

M2A^AKIB^
08-24-2006, 08:18 PM
umm..... i couldn't read the whole thing. it's too long. reading isn't my hobby anyway. i still couldn't figure out if music is haraam or not. i m sure songs without good meaning is definately haraam, but what about the ones that contains good meanings and good teachings? most of the ppl i know think music is ok unless it is meaningless and dumb. i will eventually find out my answer inshallah
Assalamualaikum

Samee
08-24-2006, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
If its fun its banned.

Peace :coolbro:
You're actually quite right. Alot of "fun" things like music, wine, even to an extent illegal sexual intercourse are banned. But they are banned for a reason. If you can avoid it in this world, God has promised that he will give it to you for eternity in Paradise. It is a test for us, so God can distinguish those who really want to go to Paradise and those who don't care for his word.

It has been proven that in the hereafter, there will be Music, Wine, Sexual relations, etc. It's like a father telling his son that he will buy him a toy if he is good. Even though he is not allowed to play with the toy right now, he will surely be able to play with it later if he is on his best behavior.

Peace.

M2A^AKIB^
08-24-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samee
You're actually quite right. Alot of "fun" things like music, wine, even to an extent illegal sexual intercourse are banned. But they are banned for a reason. If you can avoid it in this world, God has promised that he will give it to you for eternity in Paradise. It is a test for us, so God can distinguish those who really want to go to Paradise and those who don't care for his word.

It has been proven that in the hereafter, there will be Music, Wine, Sexual relations, etc. It's like a father telling his son that he will buy him a toy if he is good. Even though he is not allowed to play with the toy right now, he will surely be able to play with it later if he is on his best behavior.

Peace.
umm.... bro, what's the proof?

Samee
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
umm.... bro, what's the proof?

Verily, Al-Abrar (the pious and righteous) will be in Delight (Jannah). On throne, looking (at all things). You will recognize on their faces the brightness of delight. They will be given to drink of pure sealed wine. The sealing of it is (with) musk; and for this let (all) those struggle who want to struggle (i.e., hasten earnestly to the obedience of Allah). It (that wine) will be mixed with Tasnim. A spring where of drink those nearest to Allah.''

[Al-Mutaffifin: 22-28]

"And if you ask about what they will be hearing, then it is the singing
of their wives from among the Hoor al-'Ayn, and better than that are
the voices of the Angels and the Prophets, and better than that is the
Speech of the Lord of the Worlds."

M2A^AKIB^
08-24-2006, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samee

Verily, Al-Abrar (the pious and righteous) will be in Delight (Jannah). On throne, looking (at all things). You will recognize on their faces the brightness of delight. They will be given to drink of pure sealed wine. The sealing of it is (with) musk; and for this let (all) those struggle who want to struggle (i.e., hasten earnestly to the obedience of Allah). It (that wine) will be mixed with Tasnim. A spring where of drink those nearest to Allah.''

[Al-Mutaffifin: 22-28]

"And if you ask about what they will be hearing, then it is the singing
of their wives from among the Hoor al-'Ayn, and better than that are
the voices of the Angels and the Prophets, and better than that is the
Speech of the Lord of the Worlds."

Jazakallah Khair
i believed u, i just wanted to see where it is written in the quran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.