/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meat from Australia

manaal
08-24-2006, 04:59 AM
:sl:

Are all meat produced in australia halaal? I was told by several people that its ok to eated the corned mutton and other Australian meat products that are mported here as they are guaranteed to be halaal. How true is this?

On the subject of halaal food, is it true that some brands of cheddar cheese and mozarella may not be halaal (do sich cheeses include some non-halaal ingredient?)

:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-24-2006, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal

Are all meat produced in australia halaal? I was told by several people that its ok to eated the corned mutton and other Australian meat products that are mported here as they are guaranteed to be halaal. How true is this?

On the subject of halaal food, is it true that some brands of cheddar cheese and mozarella may not be halaal (do sich cheeses include some non-halaal ingredient?)

:?
I can answer about the Cheeses. I am a cheese lover. I never thought of the possibility that some cheese may contain a meat product. But, it is true. It is common for some cheese makers to add rennet to hard cheese to cause them to set faster and firmer. The source of the rennet is animal. We do not always know what animal the rennet came from so unless we know it is best to consider the firm cheeses to be haraam. There are Halaal hard cheeses on the market, usually found in specialty stores here in the US they are made either with properly prepared goat rennet or with no rennet or gelatin. When in doubt consider it Haraam.

manaal
08-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Should we consider cheeses produced by "Kraft" as haraam or halaal?

Joe98
08-24-2006, 05:11 AM
Australian meat labelled as halaal is halaal

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Should we consider cheeses produced by "Kraft" as haraam or halaal?
I would not say all of them are, but I am suspicious of any of the firm ones or products made from firm cheeses. I would have to look at a label to see if it contains rennet or gelatin. If it contains either I would suspect it to be haraam as I would have no way to identify the source of either.

Some cheeses that are usually safe are cream cheese, cottage cheeses and many of the "white" farm cheeses.

manaal
08-24-2006, 05:33 AM
I see. Jazakallahu Kheir. I think I can live on cream cheese. That;s better than "no cheese" which what I hve been living for a long time now.

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 05:36 AM
All australian beef and Kraft cheese in Malaysia have 'Halal' logo.... as long it's guaranteed halal ... it suppose to be halal...:D

Malaikah
08-24-2006, 07:16 AM

ironically.. i cant answer about the cheese :lol:

but about the meat, um well as far as i know i dont think that is true... we only buy our meat from muslim places so thats halal... meat from super markets and stuff here isnt halal...

if the meat youre getting from australia actually says halal on it then you mgiht want to check out who its produced by... but why do you get meat from overseas in the first place? :?

manaal
08-24-2006, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
if the meat youre getting from australia actually says halal on it then you mgiht want to check out who its produced by... but why do you get meat from overseas in the first place? :?
We don;t produce canned meat here for one and for another, our econmy is so open to imports that we get alot of junk coming in from all over the world. Also sometimes freinds and relatives coming from abraod for a visit bring such things as gifts.

Lol about the cheese!!

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
but why do you get meat from overseas in the first place? :?
Malaysia dont have enough cattles .... and Malaysians love beef....

The only 'meat' product that we could export ... is pork... I think Malaysia is the largest pork exporter in SE Asia.

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 07:32 AM
I just remembered Saudi Arabia produces very little of it's own food and nearly all food is imported into Saud. Much of their meat comes from the USA and Australia, so I'm assuming Halaal meat is exported from Australia.

Criteria for exporting meat from the USA to Saudi. I imagine it is the same for Australia.

Eligible/Ineligible Products
Eligible
Fresh/frozen red meat and offal and further processed red meat products.
Poultry and poultry products.
Ineligible
Beef and lamb/mutton derived from animals originating in a State with a confirmed outbreak of vesicular stomatitis in the three months prior to slaughter. Information about the current vesicular stomatitis status can be obtained from the APHIS website at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ceah/nc...ce/vsv/vsv.htm. Additional information regarding the specific situation in a State can be obtained from the Technical Service Center.*

Labeling Requirements
All products - Storage temperature must be placed with the refrigeration statement on the boxes to fully clarify the type of product being handled. (EXAMPLE: "KEEP FROZEN - store at or below ___°C; KEEP CHILLED (OR REFRIGERATE) - STORE BETWEEN ___°C AND ___°C. "
Storage temperature must be placed with the refrigeration statement on the boxes to fully clarify the type of product being handled. (Example: "KEEP FROZEN - store at or below ___°C; KEEP CHILLED (OR REFRIGERATE) - STORE BETWEEN ___°C AND ___°C."
Production and expiration dates (See OTHER REQUIREMENTS, section C -- Mandatory Expiration Periods for Food Products.)
Fresh/frozen meat and poultry. In addition to the labeling features mandatory in the United States, precut/processed and packaged meat and poultry must bear the following features:
Bilingual labels - The Arabic language must be one of the languages used for declaration.
A Statement must be included on the label that Halal product has been slaughtered according to Islamic principles. Metric net weight:
Poultry - Chilled whole bird weights can range from 550-1800 g. Weight classes (grades) shall be divided by a difference of at least 100 g between the classes. There is a tolerance of 50 g within a class.
Frozen poultry - Individual birds (units) within each box or carton shall be uniform in size and weight, with a tolerance not exceeding 10%.
The use of the terminology "Keep Refrigerated" is not acceptable on labels for frozen product.
The following labeling methods may be used as alternatives to comply with Labeling Requirements (Section B):
Stickers - Must not interfere with label terminology and be self destructive on removal. Stickers covering existing labeling information are in violation. Adding stickers for production and expiration dates is not permissible.
Inserts - Must be accompanied by production and expiration dates.
Ink stamp - Ink must be indelible and legible. (Ink stamps are the least desirable labeling method.)
Processed meat and poultry
Features required on processed meat and poultry labels:
bilingual labels with labeling features mandatory in the United States,
metric net weights,
identification of pork products (including lard), and
production and expiration dates (See OTHER REQUIREMENTS, section C -- Product Arrival and Expiration Date.)
A Certificate of Islamic Slaughter is not required for processed meat and poultry products. If processed products are labeled with Halal claims, then origin raw materials must be from Muslim- approved operations and be accompanied with appropriate certificates supporting Islamic Slaughter.

Source: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/regulations...ents/index.asp

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I just remembered Saudi Arabia produces very little of it's own food and nearly all food is imported into Saud. Much of their meat comes from the USA and Australia, so I'm assuming Halaal meat is exported from Australia.

Criteria for exporting meat from the USA to Saudi. I imagine it is the same for Australia.

Eligible/Ineligible Products
Eligible
Fresh/frozen red meat and offal and further processed red meat products.
Poultry and poultry products.
Ineligible
Beef and lamb/mutton derived from animals originating in a State with a confirmed outbreak of vesicular stomatitis in the three months prior to slaughter. Information about the current vesicular stomatitis status can be obtained from the APHIS website at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ceah/nc...ce/vsv/vsv.htm. Additional information regarding the specific situation in a State can be obtained from the Technical Service Center.*

Labeling Requirements
All products - Storage temperature must be placed with the refrigeration statement on the boxes to fully clarify the type of product being handled. (EXAMPLE: "KEEP FROZEN - store at or below ___°C; KEEP CHILLED (OR REFRIGERATE) - STORE BETWEEN ___°C AND ___°C. "
Storage temperature must be placed with the refrigeration statement on the boxes to fully clarify the type of product being handled. (Example: "KEEP FROZEN - store at or below ___°C; KEEP CHILLED (OR REFRIGERATE) - STORE BETWEEN ___°C AND ___°C."
Production and expiration dates (See OTHER REQUIREMENTS, section C -- Mandatory Expiration Periods for Food Products.)
Fresh/frozen meat and poultry. In addition to the labeling features mandatory in the United States, precut/processed and packaged meat and poultry must bear the following features:
Bilingual labels - The Arabic language must be one of the languages used for declaration.
A Statement must be included on the label that Halal product has been slaughtered according to Islamic principles. Metric net weight:
Poultry - Chilled whole bird weights can range from 550-1800 g. Weight classes (grades) shall be divided by a difference of at least 100 g between the classes. There is a tolerance of 50 g within a class.
Frozen poultry - Individual birds (units) within each box or carton shall be uniform in size and weight, with a tolerance not exceeding 10%.
The use of the terminology "Keep Refrigerated" is not acceptable on labels for frozen product.
The following labeling methods may be used as alternatives to comply with Labeling Requirements (Section B):
Stickers - Must not interfere with label terminology and be self destructive on removal. Stickers covering existing labeling information are in violation. Adding stickers for production and expiration dates is not permissible.
Inserts - Must be accompanied by production and expiration dates.
Ink stamp - Ink must be indelible and legible. (Ink stamps are the least desirable labeling method.)
Processed meat and poultry
Features required on processed meat and poultry labels:
bilingual labels with labeling features mandatory in the United States,
metric net weights,
identification of pork products (including lard), and
production and expiration dates (See OTHER REQUIREMENTS, section C -- Product Arrival and Expiration Date.)
A Certificate of Islamic Slaughter is not required for processed meat and poultry products. If processed products are labeled with Halal claims, then origin raw materials must be from Muslim- approved operations and be accompanied with appropriate certificates supporting Islamic Slaughter.

Source: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/regulations...ents/index.asp
nice job for informing this fact!!!

Vaseline
08-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I think sis cheese may be correct. If it says Halaal on it, then I don't think it should be a problem but you still need to be cautious.

F.Y.
08-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Salam
Sis, you cant guarantee that stuff from overseas is halaal. You cant just go to any shop and buy the meat from there. In my opinion only buy meat from Halaal Meat shops.
About cheese - there are certain types you cant eat. We only buy ones that have no animal rennet in there. If you are very serious about a particular food though, you can ring up the company (its usually a free number) and ask them if any of their products have animal derived ingredients. Otherwise, you can easily visit their website (e.g. Kraft website) and look under FAQ's or Nutirional information. If you still cant figure it out, email them.

Peace

manaal
08-24-2006, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Malaysia dont have enough cattles .... and Malaysians love beef....

The only 'meat' product that we could export ... is pork... I think Malaysia is the largest pork exporter in SE Asia.
Oh my god. Pork? seriously? But isn't Malaysia an Islamic country?

But i was told that McDonald's outlets here in Sri Lanka import their meats from Malaysia and therefore it's all halall! I just took it for granted that it's true. Besides it has an official halaal certification as well!

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 08:34 AM

But i was told that McDonald's outlets here in Sri Lanka import their meats from Malaysia and therefore it's all halall! I just took it for granted that it's true. Besides it has an official halaal certification as well!
There is some risk from all foods unless we raise it our selves and know what has happened to it step by step. That is no longer possible for most people so we do have to place some trust into the hands of others. Our only guides are the labels and the word of trusted sellers. As the population increases the more food will have to be imported. Nearly all of the wheat and cereal products in the Mid-East now comes from Canada or the USA. Russia may start being a large exporte if they have not already done so. Many countries can raise a surplus of one or two foods but very few can raise the entire varietie that is needed. Some countries like Saudi Arabia have little land suitable for agriculture. Only about 1 of Saudi is suitable for agriculture. very little can be produced in that small area. Some countries need to import virtualy 100% of any food they use. Qatar is one that I can think of. Of the countries that do produce food groups there are even less that produce meat. So as we become more dependent on imported meat, better means will need to be implimented to assure what we eat is halaal.

syilla
08-24-2006, 08:44 AM
I would not say all of them are, but I am suspicious of any of the firm ones or products made from firm cheeses. I would have to look at a label to see if it contains rennet or gelatin. If it contains either I would suspect it to be haraam as I would have no way to identify the source of either.

Some cheeses that are usually safe are cream cheese, cottage cheeses and many of the "white" farm cheeses.
i'm suspicious about the cheeses too...and i having suspicious about all type of cheeses...btw what is firm cheese?

i used to eat cheese :cry:...now i totally avoid it...

However m'sia usually export australia meat...

about the pork thing...only the non-muslim produce it...

and our halal certification...will not allow any pork product to be made in the same halal factory...

our halal certification...is the strictest...in the world...

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Malaysia is a Muslim majority country with a VERY HUGE number of Chinese...

If you're talking about chicken meat used in McD, Malaysia have lots pf chicken too......

If you're talking about beef (Big Mac, cheeseburger) ... the beef are from elsewhere (might be Australia) but processed in Malaysia.

Malaysia want to be the world largest 'halal' food processor, producer and distributor in the world.... Halal Certification in Malaysia ... the only recognized halal lable (the official ones) contained the word JAKIM (Jabatan KEmajuan Islam Malaysia - Malaysian ISlamic Development Department). Only JAKIM allowed to give halal cert in M'sia!!!

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 08:59 AM
JAKIM Halal Logo

http://www.halaljakim.gov.my/corporate.php?ID=75

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 09:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i'm suspicious about the cheeses too...and i having suspicious about all type of cheeses...btw what is firm cheese?

i used to eat cheese :cry:...now i totally avoid it...

However m'sia usually export australia meat...

about the pork thing...only the non-muslim produce it...

and our halal certification...will not allow any pork product to be made in the same halal factory...

our halal certification...is the strictest...in the world...
The firm cheeses are the so called hard cheeses that are normaly aged. Some examples would be Cheddar, Colby, Swiss, etc. They can be made without rennet or gelatin but the process is very slow with much waste, so they are quite expensive. They can also be made with rennet and the rennet can be from a halal source. The Halal ones are less expensive then the ones mentioned above but usually more expensive than the non-halal. The ones made with gelatin are usually the cheapest and nearly always haraam. They usually taste lousey too.

Processed cheeses are any type of cheese which is altered by cooking, grinding, melting, reshaped etc. some examples would be American Cheese, Velveeta, Cheese Whiz, Cheese dips etc.
Cheese food product is anything that contains some cheese, tastes like cheese, but is predominatly non-cheese. Imitation cheeses are just that No chesse usually contains tofu, vegetable oil or other vegetable products, Usually Halal and some really do taste and melt like real cheese.

manaal
08-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Thank bro north_malaysian. I supposed that is how it is.
But I'm still shocked by the pork. I think I uderstand it as it is the Chinese Malaysians and not the Mulsims who breed pigs and export pork.
Since Malaysia is a Majority Muslim country, is Islam not the official religion? If yes, why is the breeding of pigs allowed?

syilla
08-24-2006, 09:09 AM
The firm cheeses are the so called hard cheeses that are normaly aged. Some examples would be Cheddar, Colby, Swiss, etc. They can be made without rennet or gelatin but the process is very slow with much waste, so they are quite expensive. They can also be made with rennet and the rennet can be from a halal source. The Halal ones are less expensive then the ones mentioned above but usually more expensive than the non-halal. The ones made with gelatin are usually the cheapest and nearly always haraam. They usually taste lousey too.

Processed cheeses are any type of cheese which is altered by cooking, grinding, melting, reshaped etc. some examples would be American Cheese, Velveeta, Cheese Whiz, Cheese dips etc.
Cheese food product is anything that contains some cheese, tastes like cheese, but is predominatly non-cheese. Imitation cheeses are just that No chesse usually contains tofu, vegetable oil or other vegetable products, Usually Halal and some really do taste and melt like real cheese.
thank you...but what about the slice cheese? what is the category of the cheese...and what about the cheese that been used by McD and KFC....or other fast food outlet...what type of cheese they used...

sorry...i'm bad with cheese names...i only good at eating them :cry:

manaal
08-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Yes, I recognise this logo. It is found on many products here. It is also found on McD's packaging.

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 09:17 AM
thank you...but what about the slice cheese? what is the category of the cheese...and what about the cheese that been used by McD and KFC....or other fast food outlet...what type of cheese they used...

sorry...i'm bad with cheese names...i only good at eating them :cry:
McD usualy uses Cheddar and it could be haraam. Cheddar is usually made with rennet.

Most sliced cheeses are hard chesses. but it is hard to call which are made with rennet, they all can be made with it but some don't have to be. If I remember correctly most imported swiss is made without it, but a lot of the American made is made with it. Even with the imported I would check first. While on the subject look closely at the labels for yougurt, some are starting to contain geletain.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-24-2006, 09:20 AM
I can answer about the Cheeses. I am a cheese lover. I never thought of the possibility that some cheese may contain a meat product. But, it is true. It is common for some cheese makers to add rennet to hard cheese to cause them to set faster and firmer. The source of the rennet is animal. We do not always know what animal the rennet came from so unless we know it is best to consider the firm cheeses to be haraam. There are Halaal hard cheeses on the market, usually found in specialty stores here in the US they are made either with properly prepared goat rennet or with no rennet or gelatin. When in doubt consider it Haraam.
:sl: brothers n sisters.
what if the cheese pack says that it contains rennet, but also has a halall label on it?
what is rennet anyway, and what animal does it come from?

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 09:27 AM
This link has several home made cheese recipes. Plus some other stuff. Notice nearly all of these recipes will be haraam unless you use halaal rennet. For home use on the cheeses that call for rennet you can use about a tablespoon of lemon juice instead of the rennet and get a good halal cheese it will not be as firm as the ones made with rennet, but in my opinion will taste better and be halal.

Also note that the recipes for Root beer and ginger ale will also be haraam as they are made with yeast.

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Some Companies certified halal by JAKIM (Malaysia)

1) McDonalds
2) Pizza Huts
3) A & W
4) Delifrance
5) The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
6) Dunkin' Donuts
7) Dutch Lady
8) KFC
9) Kenny Rogers Roasters
10) Muller's Sausage Haus
11) Shakey's Pizza
12) Starbucks Coffee
13) Nestle
14) Boh Tea
15) Kyros Kebab
16) TESCO products
17) Unilever Foods
18) Glaxosmithkline
19) F&N

there are so many companies....

check out: http://www.halaljakim.gov.my/directory/index.php?lang=

But it's in Malay language .... you can checck the 'halal'ness just by key in the barcodes....

manaal
08-24-2006, 09:34 AM

Also note that the recipes for Root beer and ginger ale will also be haraam as they are made with yeast.
You are confusing bro........ why is yeast haraam? Does is it mean that marmite (or vegemite) is not halaal because its yeast extract?

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Thank bro north_malaysian. I supposed that is how it is.
But I'm still shocked by the pork. I think I uderstand it as it is the Chinese Malaysians and not the Mulsims who breed pigs and export pork.
Since Malaysia is a Majority Muslim country, is Islam not the official religion? If yes, why is the breeding of pigs allowed?
Islam is the OFFICIAL RELIGION. But we allowed Chinese and other non Muslims to breed pigs, crocodiles, snakes and tortoises and export them.

manaal
08-24-2006, 09:35 AM

1) McDonalds
2) Pizza Huts
3) A & W
4) Delifrance
6) Dunkin' Donuts
7) Dutch Lady
8) KFC
9) Kenny Rogers Roasters
11) Shakey's Pizza
12) Starbucks Coffee
13) Nestle
14) Boh Tea
15) Kyros Kebab
16) TESCO products
17) Unilever Foods
18) Glaxosmithkline
19) F&N

But it's in Malay language .... you can checck the 'halal'ness just by key in the barcodes....
The outlets in Malaysia or world-wide?

manaal
08-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Islam is the OFFICIAL RELIGION. But we allowed Chinese and other non Muslims to breed pigs, crocodiles, snakes and tortoises and export them.
LOL, that weird............. I guess they do it for the sake of peaceful co-existance. Since I haven't heard of Malaysia having any racial conflicts it must be a good thing.
But personally, I think its not right for a Muslim country to allow even the non-Muslims to breed pigs (or manufacture alcohol) as it is clearly stated in the quran that these are haraam.

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 09:40 AM
You are confusing bro........ why is yeast haraam? Does is it mean that marmite (or vegemite) is not halaal because its yeast extract?
All products made with yeast will contain alcohol if the yeast is permitted to ferment. I would check on the vegemite in Australia. I ran into on discussion on this on another board and there was strong evidence that is was halal as the yeast was not allowed to ferment. I would suggest looking more into it. Possibly at a halal market or from a scholar in Australia who is familiar with it.

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 09:41 AM
LOL, that weird............. I guess they do it for the sake of peaceful co-existance. Since I haven't heard of Malaysia having any racial conflicts it must be a good thing.
But personally, I think its not right for a Muslim country to allow even the non-Muslims to breed pigs (or manufacture alcohol) as it is clearly stated in the quran that these are haraam.
We have a VERY BIG Carlsberg Factory too....

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 09:42 AM
The outlets in Malaysia or world-wide?
In Malaysia, which means if it's produced in Malaysia and exported worldwide - IT's APPLICABLE....

If you have any Malaysian product just check the barcode.... it might be listed in halaljakim website....

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 09:46 AM

1) McDonalds
2) Pizza Huts
3) A & W
4) Delifrance
6) Dunkin' Donuts
7) Dutch Lady
8) KFC
9) Kenny Rogers Roasters
11) Shakey's Pizza
12) Starbucks Coffee
13) Nestle
14) Boh Tea
15) Kyros Kebab
16) TESCO products
17) Unilever Foods
18) Glaxosmithkline
19) F&N

Excellent list but I believe that would only apply to the ones in Indonesia. Many of those companies use different ingrediants in the USA that are Haraam. Sadly so many of those foods could be halal world wide if the companies would stop trying to earn every possible penny.

I know that in many countries McD uses halal ingrediants but here nearly everything on the menu is haraam.

manaal
08-24-2006, 09:47 AM
All products made with yeast will contain alcohol if the yeast is permitted to ferment. I would check on the vegemite in Australia. I ran into on discussion on this on another board and there was strong evidence that is was halal as the yeast was not allowed to ferment. I would suggest looking more into it. Possibly at a halal market or from a scholar in Australia who is familiar with it.
Hope I'm not being a pest here... but when you mean yeast its also the yeast we use to make bread right? Noe I'll have to check that for the halal logo as well! Oh life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think "dry yeast" is not left to be fermented... must check on that though, I don'have a pack handy right now.

manaal
08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
We have a VERY BIG Carlsberg Factory too....
Do you think ok, that its allowed?
I recall my father telling me once that "Muslim" didn't necessarily mean "Islamic" when it came to politics.

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Hope I'm not being a pest here... but when you mean yeast its also the yeast we use to make bread right? Noe I'll have to check that for the halal logo as well! Oh life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think "dry yeast" is not left to be fermented... must check on that though, I don'have a pack handy right now.
Sadly the bread yeast produces alcohol too. That is why fresh baked bread has a "Beer" smell. It is the fermenting in the dough that makes the dough rise.

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Excellent list but I believe that would only apply to the ones in Indonesia. Many of those companies use different ingrediants in the USA that are Haraam. Sadly so many of those foods could be halal world wide if the companies would stop trying to earn every possible penny.

I know that in many countries McD uses halal ingrediants but here nearly everything on the menu is haraam.
Actually we Malaysians rely SO MUCH on that logo in order to consume something .... at least we are secured....... the cert of halaal should be renew anually, thus it means that every year a religious officer from JAKIM will check how they did those things.... the place (is it clean or not) ... then he could renew the halal certificate..

I've heard that it's hard to find halal products in Indonesia and Turkey...

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Do you think ok, that its allowed?
I recall my father telling me once that "Muslim" didn't necessarily mean "Islamic" when it came to politics.
The Islamists were making noises, the Government ignores them and the average Muslims dont really care about it ... the factory has been in operation for decades....

You can find big billboards of alcoholic drinks ads in Malaysia....

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Actually we Malaysians rely SO MUCH on that logo in order to consume something .... at least we are secured....... the cert of halaal should be renew anually, thus it means that every year a religious officer from JAKIM will check how they did those things.... the place (is it clean or not) ... then he could renew the halal certificate..

I've heard that it's hard to find halal products in Indonesia and Turkey...
That seems to be true. If I remember right the import restrictions do not require halal certification on everything.

manaal
08-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Sadly the bread yeast produces alcohol too. That is why fresh baked bread has a "Beer" smell. It is the fermenting in the dough that makes the dough rise.
But that does not necesserily make it haraam. The alcohol referred here is not an intoxicant. There's a difference between the 2 terms.

north_malaysian
08-24-2006, 09:59 AM
That seems to be true. If I remember right the import restrictions do not require halal certification on everything.
My father's friend went to Jakarta, he felt hungry and saw a restaurant with big ARABIC word of Bismillahirahmanirrahim display in front of it.... when he saw the menu ...... ROAST PORK!!!

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 10:00 AM
But that does not necesserily make it haraam. The alcohol referred here is not an intoxicant. There's a difference between the 2 terms.
That is another one of those areas in which there is no pure concensus on it. I could probably put up a good arguement for either view.

manaal
08-24-2006, 10:38 AM
So, don't you eat any bread, bagels, do-nuts, etc.? Most of us don;t have much of choice do we? Allah knows best.

syilla
08-24-2006, 03:37 PM
This link has several home made cheese recipes. Plus some other stuff. Notice nearly all of these recipes will be haraam unless you use halaal rennet. For home use on the cheeses that call for rennet you can use about a tablespoon of lemon juice instead of the rennet and get a good halal cheese it will not be as firm as the ones made with rennet, but in my opinion will taste better and be halal.

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html
:uuh:

i think i better not eat McD...or anything that has cheese...:heated:

i remember some of the prophet and sahabah stories......they make their own food...starting from the plant...it self....They say its better to work hard than eating non-halal...

Better safe then never...:-\

north_malaysian
08-25-2006, 03:19 AM
For me if the products or the premises which sell food etc with 'halal' guaranteed... I have no problem consuming it.... because the company guaranteed their products are halaal..... If it's not halal, but they guaranteed those products as halal.... it's between them and God.... i'm just a consumer that have 100% faith in their halal guarantee...

Woodrow
08-25-2006, 03:41 AM
So, don't you eat any bread, bagels, do-nuts, etc.? Most of us don;t have much of choice do we? Allah knows best.
Among the people I know here in Austin they are split about in half. Some will not eat any bakery products that are mad with yeast and the re rest will. The ones that do not eat breads made with yeast eat things like corn bread, chappatis, tortillas, cakes and pastries made with baking powder or egg yolks to make them rise . Many breads and pastries are made with out yeast. So are most cookie, cake, waffle, crepe, pancakes and puff pastries

Here are some interesting recipes for yeast and non-yeast breads

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Non-yeast%20bread

syilla
08-25-2006, 04:10 AM
Among the people I know here in Austin they are split about in half. Some will not eat any bakery products that are mad with yeast and the re rest will. The ones that do not eat breads made with yeast eat things like corn bread, chappatis, tortillas, cakes and pastries made with baking powder or egg yolks to make them rise . Many breads and pastries are made with out yeast. So are most cookie, cake, waffle, crepe, pancakes and puff pastries

Here are some interesting recipes for yeast and non-yeast breads

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Non-yeast%20bread
i think i'll have a slimmer figure if i eat halal food that i really really confident it is halal...:D

north_malaysian
08-25-2006, 04:15 AM
chappatis, tortillas, cakes and pastries made with baking powder or egg yolks to make them rise .
I just had chuppatis for breakfast .... yummy!!!!

syilla
08-25-2006, 04:23 AM
:sl:....

woodrow... i need some tips here of what to eat everyday...

i'm trying to be a vegetarian for a week....(well i think i've eaten too much chicken and fish).

can you please share with me what you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner...

i try to eat only veges...but i can't...all of the food that i can find contains fish or chicken meat.

i don't think eating too much fruits are healthy...i mean eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner...fruits contain quite alot of sugar.

:w:

Woodrow
08-25-2006, 04:36 AM
:sl:....

woodrow... i need some tips here of what to eat everyday...

i'm trying to be a vegetarian for a week....(well i think i've eaten too much chicken and fish).

can you please share with me what you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner...

i try to eat only veges...but i can't...all of the food that i can find contains fish or chicken meat.

i don't think eating too much fruits are healthy...i mean eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner...fruits contain quite alot of sugar.

:w:
I don't think you would like my current diet. i'm now stuck basicaly on stuff like Ensure, Nutriment, Pediolyte and supplements

If I still had my choices I would eat about 4 to 6 small meals spread throughout the day. I'm a big fan of raw veggies, stuff like Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery etc. Four of the meals would be veggies mostly raw. About 2 cups at each meal. Another meal would be all fruits in season about 2 cups and the 6th meal would be either 2 cups of a starch and one cup of a poultry/fish product. Or 2 cups of a startch and one cup of a cooked veggie. In the past that was how my typical day went, no distinction as to what was breakfast, lunch or whatever.

syilla
08-25-2006, 04:45 AM
^^^i'll try to follow your diet :D

thanks for sharing...

my lunch today is celery with peanut butter (no sugar added) - i brought from home :D :nervous:

manaal
08-25-2006, 04:46 AM
Bro Woodrow you are really informed about food aren;t you? hee hee. Really good point about chappaties and non-yeast breads. We do have a choice, so I have to take back what i said earlier. Only trouble snadwiches are so much easier to eat when you're on the run!

My parents have noew almosts completely stopped eating bread and have brown rice for brealfast instead. Their main reasons are
A) Its more economical (price 1 pound of bread = price of 2 1/2 pounds of rice ... 1 pound of rice makes more meals than 1 pound of bread)
B) Its healthier - more fibre in rice than bread

Sis Syllia, I agree with you that eating halaal really wold slim us down. Why diet when you have Islam? I mean seriously.

syilla
08-25-2006, 05:03 AM
^^^^yup u r right...

some of the girls are so obsessed with their figure...but sometimes they forget that they have eaten the wrong stuff...

Curaezipirid
08-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Alaikum Assalam,
oops about that meat disinformation story since I am potentially ever source of, but, I can explain!:( :eek: :eek: :Crescent: :inshallah :offtopic: (hey that is not off the topic!) (I gave myself an excuse to make more words amid my embarrased faces.:uuh: (shh):rollseyes (uh oh!) none of these faces seem nearly consternated enough. ah : :-\ (perfect!)(:offended: )

However, the meat issue is this: that eating Halal meat has usually the action upon the body of causing that there is less kafir during the physical acquittal; but Australian's have a different solution that has the opposite interaction when meat of the indigenous fauna is eaten. But it is also slaughtered Halal, more or less, in that all due respect is given Allah and the animal. But it is the the Indigenous belief is Animist, and there was long already a form of Islam adapted to this. (five pillars accounted for with Hajj being a journey through ancestrally known land to find that which you will become turned into upon physical Human form acquittal) This has long now been our way, and always for enough of us, that we include persons whom can not comprehend existing as Human beings without first as animals to help account for the future Human life. But that is not yet about meat, except to say that a good hunter will look for the beast with Human will to be next to die.:rant: (I know you all so disagree) (But this is not black magic it is the reality of the entire Human existance of many of us, and the fact of being turned into an animal helps to know that black magic is not real.)

However, in the meat situation, it is that when a person whom has been Praying and eating Halal meat is acquitting their body, the dendrites part of the neurones dies before the central portion. Whereas, when an Australian Aborigine dies it is the other way around, but kafir is totally prevented because we all live sustaining conviction that we will only form animal selves. So we are good at stuff like x-ray paintings of fish, and turtles, and dugong, and kangaroos etc.

Now, it is that I tempted an actual nazi to suppose that because of this it is that Islam and Aboriginal initiations are provenly scientifically incompatible. But all the while knowing that in fact there are a considerable number of Aborigines already dying more as any Muslims are, and always we are as that time of first conversion.

So the answer is: cheese depends upon what the rennet is; but the label always tells if it is Halal. Meat depends upon the slaughter method, and that the beast experiences no fear during, that is what makes it Halal.

We'd all prefer Halal, but I seem to have had a conversation with a Halal butcher in which he intimated that there has already been some level of enquiry into whether Kangaroo can be considered Halal. (it is very very lean and rich, stronger in flavour than venison, and less fat, but yummier than any beef)(but that yummy flavour could be the kangaroos fear hormones in the meat that I have eaten)

Now there is another strand of the meat story that relates to how many persons have all eated of the same beast with the same genetic, and if only one of those persons is Imam to the fact of eating meat (a sin of hate of slaughtering to live, even when Halal), then how many persons are culpable? Australians are likely candidates.

There is one other aspect of the meat story. I know a fellow who lives in Girrawheen street in Braddon ACT called Nick, who dragged himself through intensive session of counselling therapy (re-evaluation co-counselling for those who know about such manifestations of preponderance upon the absurd) after intensive session of counselling therapy, after intensive session of counselling therapy: all to get over the fact that his family were being very bad and devious in selling cattle. That family are who made the profits from the live beef exporting industry. This part 'I DID NOT DO', that being the part in which the export of live beef, so as to enable Halal slaughter in the Middle East (I expect we are quite able to here, and then corn the beef as is suggested might already be the case), is factually very very cruel to the cattle. Poor Nick, whilst inheriting his millions was terribly sad about all those cattle who had to travel a very long way in miserable conditions that no Human could be expected to tolerate, (why would we let our selves be turned into cows only to have to be feed to Arabs as not quite so Halal as it should be beef), and were so cruely treated that it could even be an RSPCA matter. Sort of undoing the basic premise of Halal slaughter as an honouring of life.

all in all the whole matter is driving me to vegetarianism: :grumbling Peach Pomegranite and Kangaroo Koresh is truly delicious, but the lentil and cauliflower and tamarind, is just as vitally sustaining, :D wasalam

manaal
08-25-2006, 06:08 AM
Geez, you confused me a little there sis. I have a few questions:
Who exactly see themselves as turninginto animals Did you mean this metophorically??

However, in the meat situation, it is that when a person whom has been Praying and eating Halal meat is acquitting their body, the dendrites part of the neurones dies before the central portion. Whereas, when an Australian Aborigine dies it is the other way around, but kafir is totally prevented because we all live sustaining conviction that we will only form animal selves. So we are good at stuff like x-ray paintings of fish, and turtles, and dugong, and kangaroos etc.
Can you explain the above in a more simple way please? Who are referring to as "we"?

I understand your justification about the cattle being shipped to Saudi and how that can't qualify as halaal. But the rest of it was really really confusing................

Curaezipirid
08-28-2006, 03:03 AM
Alaikum assalam,

thankyou for your precise question, I will try to answer here briefly, but I can only use the computer for another five minutes, so perhaps the answer here will not be as detailed as it needs.

First I can say that when I say "we" I am usually speaking about Aboriginal Australian Jinn, but also including those Humans whom for a very long time now, have also perceived that there is a beneficience in the practise of believing that the Soul has previously resided in an animal form, and by will, can again.

All Aboriginal Australians whom retain our culture believe that we were existing in other life forms prior to the Human form, and that here after, we will again. It is a form of the fire. But Aboriginal Australians accept that the fire is for all among us equitably, and have since long before we received Qur'an at the height of the Islamic Empire. Shaytan among us are not able to turn into animals, but can equitably turn into birds and insects.

One of the major benefits is that in any act of kafir. Many of us sustain memory of previously existing within animal forms. The experience is less than pleasant and conducive to desire to live without sin in Human form. Yet it is also most tolerable, and is in fact only tempering us toward that visit to Hell. Many of us knew of the necessity of long ago, and there are persons here whom have been enabled to remember even through existing as animals, that before Noah, persons at this place, Australia, were receiving images of what is here now. Many Australians are very frightened, but also very well tempered to the inevitable, and will accept in immediate death only has we long have been already. I am being asked to leave the library computer now, and so will answer further as asked it any need, thankyou,
mu'asalam.

Curaezipirid
08-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Alaikum assalam

I need add here: the process I described of death of a neurone, is that of an Aboriginal person (and community) according animal bodies to all and any kafir, that is, the process by which the central part of the neurone dies before the dendrites. Normally in Muslims, and accorded by all Halal, it is more likely to be dendrites die first to the central part of the funcition.

But it is proven that when Humans are both Aborigine and Muslim both live longer experienced ability to acquite the body more thoroughly; but shaytan can accord the opposite, they sort of cancel each other out.

It is that nazis grabbed this fact in assumption that Aboriginality and Islam would always cancel each other out, when in fact are perfectly compatible. Even for any shaytan, so long as it is accorded kafir precisely upon death (which bird species and what sort of Ant is it etc)

This is but one example of many such assumptions about what can and can not be reconcilied, that the actual reconciling of can hide the fact of reconciliation.

Base line is, if you eat Halal camels you might wonder why your brain is on you back, and if you eat kangaroo you might wonder why your brain is in your tail (what tail!)

It is that Halal meat discourages kafir, and Australians meat encourages that kafir are only animal in form thus unable to cause much harm, usually.

Shaytan kafir and more normally all sorts of insects.

But I have advocated for Halal Kangaroo so as that both effects are accorded. I once came face to face with a kafir of me, and I must say, I prefered the red setter dog, also of me.

eat

mu'asalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.