/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal Wedding Tracks

azim
08-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

My brothers wedding is this weekend and as usual, its a battleground between Islam and culture. One such battle is music - to all asian weddings the usual list of bhangra and bollywood girls turn up with their music cd's of the latest 'hip' and 'fashionable' wedding tracks - these tracks with their catchy beats and sensuous lyrics almost always lead to some wannabe-diva hitting the dance floor with some pre-rehearsed moves from Dil Se or some other bollywood movie.

In this bloody battleground - Islam must win!

How - I need brothers and sisters here to try and find and send me halal Islamic songs that are appropriate to a wedding.

Thus, since we have music, no one can suggest putting their 'mix track cd's' on, and since insha'allah the artists are singing about halal topics - theres not gnna be the next indian j-lo busting her moves during the mhendi.

Brothers and sisters...I need your help! This is jihad!

Please, help me find these tracks!!!

Jazakumullahi khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
08-24-2006, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
- theres not gnna be the next indian j-lo busting her moves during the mhendi.

Jazakumullahi khair.
LOL

Far7an
08-24-2006, 02:38 PM
:sl:

Here are some arabic ones: http://www.enshad.net/htm/weddings/

Enjoy! May Allaah make his day, a happy one.

H4RUN
08-24-2006, 02:44 PM
i know Zain Bhikha has a weddin trak....wedding song is the name i think lol....as for the arab tracks..erm that dont mean it's going 2 b 'halal' now does it?....
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijaabi22
08-24-2006, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Asalaamu alaykum.

My brothers wedding is this weekend and as usual, its a battleground between Islam and culture. One such battle is music - to all asian weddings the usual list of bhangra and bollywood girls turn up with their music cd's of the latest 'hip' and 'fashionable' wedding tracks - these tracks with their catchy beats and sensuous lyrics almost always lead to some wannabe-diva hitting the dance floor with some pre-rehearsed moves from Dil Se or some other bollywood movie.

In this bloody battleground - Islam must win!

How - I need brothers and sisters here to try and find and send me halal Islamic songs that are appropriate to a wedding.

Thus, since we have music, no one can suggest putting their 'mix track cd's' on, and since insha'allah the artists are singing about halal topics - theres not gnna be the next indian j-lo busting her moves during the mhendi.

Brothers and sisters...I need your help! This is jihad!

Please, help me find these tracks!!!

Jazakumullahi khair.
GUD ON YA BRUV!!! Zain Bz gta wicked trak called ''wedding song'' Me gna PUMP dat on my weddin ;)

format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
i know Zain Bhikha has a weddin trak....wedding song is the name i think lol....as for the arab tracks..erm that dont mean it's going 2 b 'halal' now does it?....
:rant: He got there b4 me

Far7an
08-24-2006, 02:51 PM
i know Zain Bhikha has a weddin trak....
That is here.
...as for the arab tracks..erm that dont mean it's going 2 b 'halal' now does it?....
The ones on the link I provided, are halal.

H4RUN
08-24-2006, 02:58 PM
oh thats kewl then...so long it ent no bellydancin music n get the uncle jeeeeees all hiper then it's all good :) lol
ps. hope weddin goes smoothly, oh and i think u 4got 2 send me an invite...aaah dont worry it happens :p i'll just come anyway lollz

bint_muhammed
08-24-2006, 03:07 PM
get some drums in they are halal! you can also order some band s who can sing some islamic songs. i heard about this but dont know where to get it from! lol

H4RUN
08-24-2006, 05:52 PM
it would be amazing if u could like get a group like Shaam 2 come and perform.....
definately will be something 2 remember....

Hijaabi22
08-24-2006, 06:07 PM
it would be amazing if u could like get a group like Shaam 2 come and perform.....
definately will be something 2 remember....
:rollseyes id fall alseep if shaam came :uhwhat SAMI YUSUF NOW DAT WUD BE COOOOOOOOOOL :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.