/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Christians allowed to insult and crtisize other religions?

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 04:33 PM
I hear alot of outspoken critics of other faiths (ex. Falwell) who claim Muslims and Jew will never go to heaven. Christian missionaries in the past have spread lies and hatred in an attempt to resist Islam. Today, the most outspoken critics are Christians. Would Jesus offend others by diminishing their faith? Are Christians actually allowed in the Bible to insult other faiths to their heat's content?

This is an honest question.

Thanks?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-24-2006, 04:43 PM
well i dont think any religion promotes insultin another another religion :p

bro neva judge a religion by its followers :p u can judge them funky cults by its followers :p lol naa me messin :D:D:D

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Atheists also bash religions, especially Islam, but I dont expect anything good from them since they have no morals.

I expect better from Christians, since Jesus was supposedly a peaceful man. I suppose insulting other faiths is a duty of Christians.

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Why?

Christians screwed the Jews, now they're trying to screw Muslims. Shouldnt they be busy trying to understand and follow their own religion first?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Atheists also bash religions, especially Islam, but I dont expect anything good from them since they have no morals.
No morals? Why? Because they don't kill people in the name of "No god"?
Is that what you call morals?

That’s a really bigoted statement considering all of the killing that is done in the name of god. :grumbling

glo
08-24-2006, 06:14 PM
I hear alot of outspoken critics of other faiths (ex. Falwell) who claim Muslims and Jew will never go to heaven. Christian missionaries in the past have spread lies and hatred in an attempt to resist Islam. Today, the most outspoken critics are Christians. Would Jesus offend others by diminishing their faith? Are Christians actually allowed in the Bible to insult other faiths to their heat's content?

This is an honest question.

Thanks?
It's a tricky question, QuranStudy, because I am not sure what you mean by 'spreading lies and hatred'.
Sometimes people may really want to discredit other faiths and beliefs. Sometimes they may be ignorant and not fully understand their errors.

In fairness, I read statements and comments about Christianity in this forum, which are clearly false, and sometimes also quite hurtful.
Search your own heart, QuranStudy! Do you think you may have made comments about Christians here, which may be unfair to some of us???

In the New Testament Jesus says "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved." Christians take that to mean that salvation lies in the Christian faith.
Looking at it like that, yes, many Christians believe that only those who believe Jesus to be the son of God, will enter heaven. (I have heard Muslims claim the same thing about the followers of their faith!)
I am not sure if the New Testament speaks much of Jesus dealing with people of other faiths, but he was very outspoken against those he felt did not follow God in the right ways!

All that aside, I don't think Christians should, or are allowed to insult other religions!

QuranStudy, you have been on my ignore list for a couple of days, because I found some of your posts quite offensive.
I would love to have a peaceful debate with you about this, if we can.

peace, brother. :)

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 06:15 PM
No morals? Why? Because they don't kill people in the name of "No god"?
LOL...trying to give me a low blow.

If history serves me right, atheists killed over 40 million people mainly because they were theists.

wilberhum
08-24-2006, 06:17 PM
LOL...trying to give a low blow.

If history serves me right, atheists killed over 40 million people mainly because they were theists.
would you enlighten us to your historical knowledge.

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 06:19 PM
All that aside, I don't think Christians should, or are allowed to insult other religions!
Is there anything in the Bible that supports this, or is this just a moral standard as a human?

Thanks.

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 06:24 PM
would you enlighten us to your historical knowledge.
Sure:

http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/stalin.html
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/hitler.html
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/mao.html
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/mussolini.html
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/kim-il-sung.html
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/pot.html

These alone count over 100 million.

wilberhum
08-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Quran Study

Mao Tse-Tung
Stalin
Pol Pot
Kim IL Sung
Hitler
Benito Mussolini

Nice list but for a great history authority you kind of missed the fact the Mussolini and Hitler were both Catholics. I assume that you now have proof that Catholics have no morals. Now all the others were communists, so I conclude that communists have no morals and it has nothing to do with there atheisms.
Of course we can start looking at all wars that were started by theists and prove that theists have no morals. We could look at Osama bin laden to determine the moral fiber of Muslims. Is Hirohito a valid example for all of Shinto? How do you want to pick for Hinduism? Should we use Genghis Khan for Buddhism and Taoism? We surly need to overlook all the religious wars in Europe. Too we need to exclude that possibility that religion, or the lack of it, is the only reason for war.

One of the most discussing traits I find in theists is a smug arrogance that they have a perfection that is only obtainable by there religious doctrine.

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Nice list but for a great history authority you kind of missed the fact the Mussolini and Hitler were both Catholics.
Dude, it's a generally accepted fact that Hitler and Musollini are atheists. Hitler said that Christianity was the cultivation of human failure. He also said that Christianity is absurd and needs a natural death. He also believes that Christianity is the invention of sick brains. Exactly the atheist mentality.
Mussolini was also an atheist, as you can read here

Thus you need to do your research and quit coming to conclusions hastilly.

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 07:42 PM
We could look at Osama bin laden to determine the moral fiber of Muslims. Is Hirohito a valid example for all of Shinto? How do you want to pick for Hinduism? Should we use Genghis Khan for Buddhism and Taoism? We surly need to overlook all the religious wars in Europe. Too we need to exclude that possibility that religion, or the lack of it, is the only reason for war.
Theists have scriptures of moral guidelines outlined in holy books. Thus, a practice of misguided Muslims (or any theist for that matter) is not defined by practices of misguided followers. The scriptures are the standard to be followed by ALL followers, and a religion is defined by these holy scriptures (ex. Quran).

That is not the case for atheists. They have no holy book that outlines the generally accepted moral code and thus we are determine the "morals" of atheists through their actions. So far atheists seems to have little morals: they support homosexualiy, premarital sex, mass killing, degrading other beliefs etc. Atheists I know do not belive there is such thing as "right" and "wrong" and most oppose marriage. So much for morals!

If you think atheists have morals, please explain how. Thanks.

wilberhum
08-24-2006, 07:58 PM
So "holy books" are the only source of morals. That is good to know. Your capasity to understand humanity is astounding.

glo
08-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Is there anything in the Bible that supports this, or is this just a moral standard as a human?

Thanks.
I can't tell you of the top of my head. This will require some checking out and reading up. :)

KAding
08-24-2006, 08:16 PM
LOL! This is somewhat amusing and ironic. At least my moral framwork does not allow generalisations like that. I would never in my mind consider to say something like: "but I don't expect anything good from Muslims, after all they have no morals".

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 09:16 PM
So "holy books" are the only source of morals. That is good to know. Your capasity to understand humanity is astounding.
Holy books provide a general standard of moral code. Why do you speak of humanity when your kind clearly doesnt give a **** ??? You also havent answered my question :)

LOL! This is somewhat amusing and ironic. At least my moral framwork does not allow generalisations like that. I would never in my mind consider to say something like: "but I don't expect anything good from Muslims, after all they have no morals".
Moral framework? LMAO. A "moral atheist" is an oxymoron. I have yet to see a "good" atheist.

btw, let's stay on topic :) This thread pertains to Christianity so all messages on topic will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 09:33 PM
A suggestion to all who post. Respond only to the original topic as it is stated on the first post. Anything else I will view as being off topic.

ACC
08-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Why?

Christians screwed the Jews, now they're trying to screw Muslims. Shouldnt they be busy trying to understand and follow their own religion first?
It is clear by your posts that you understand little, if anything at all about Christianity.

czgibson
08-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Greetings QuranStudy,
I hear alot of outspoken critics of other faiths (ex. Falwell) who claim Muslims and Jew will never go to heaven. Christian missionaries in the past have spread lies and hatred in an attempt to resist Islam. Today, the most outspoken critics are Christians.
This seems to contradict another morsel of wisdom you posted a few days ago:

Anybody realize that the most outspoken hatemongers of Islam are atheist?
Can anyone say "victim complex"?

Would Jesus offend others by diminishing their faith? Are Christians actually allowed in the Bible to insult other faiths to their heat's content?
Jesus hugely offended the religious authorities of his time, didn't he?

Christianity and Islam both claim that their faith alone is the right one. Surely that statement in itself is offensive to a member of the opposite camp?

Peace

ACC
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Dude, it's a generally accepted fact that Hitler and Musollini are atheists. Hitler said that Christianity was the cultivation of human failure. He also said that Christianity is absurd and needs a natural death. He also believes that Christianity is the invention of sick brains. Exactly the atheist mentality.
Mussolini was also an atheist, as you can read here

I do agree with you here. Both of them were absolutely against Christianity.

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Jesus hugely offended the religious authorities of his time, didn't he?
Thank you. That is all I wanted to know. I was trying to understand whether insulting other faiths was un-Christian.

czgibson
08-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Greetings,
Hitler said that Christianity was the cultivation of human failure. He also said that Christianity is absurd and needs a natural death. He also believes that Christianity is the invention of sick brains. Exactly the atheist mentality.
What an absurd statement. This would be true if 'atheist' simply meant 'anti-Christian', but, as any dictionary can tell you, that isn't the case.

I've just posted this article on another of your (highly entertaining, yet slightly scary) threads. It seems more appropriate here, though:

Adolf Hitler's Religious Beliefs

Mussolini was an atheist, but Hitler certainly wasn't.

If I may quote your good self:

Peace

QuranStudy
08-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Please see my reply to the other thread regarding this.

Woodrow
08-24-2006, 11:07 PM
All pertinent areas of this thread have apparently been addressed there is no futher purpose for it.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.